Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,850 members, 7,802,724 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

Access To Twitter Denied From Nigeria Cyberspace - BBC Reports - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Access To Twitter Denied From Nigeria Cyberspace - BBC Reports (29622 Views)

Nigeria Loses ₦2 Billion Daily To Twitter Ban - NetBlocks (Sahara Reporters) / Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government / Goodbye To Twitter In Nigeria - Adamu Garba Mocks Twitter After Suspension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Access To Twitter Denied From Nigeria Cyberspace - BBC Reports by Arabmoniq(m): 11:12am On Jun 05, 2021
mumu so you were even in support of that genocide statement?
CilicMarin:
Nigeria Corporate Existence Is Bigger Than A Twitter Platform That Promotes Terrorism.

I stand With Mr. President...and urge other African President To Take A Cue From Nigeria.

Could twitter had allowed late Osama Bin Ladin to tweet violence against the unity of America without sanctions? Whose interest is Twitter promoting in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Access To Twitter Denied From Nigeria Cyberspace - BBC Reports by Babysho(m): 11:12am On Jun 05, 2021
CilicMarin:
Nigeria Corporate Existence Is Bigger Than A Twitter Platform That Promotes Terrorism.

I stand With Mr. President...and urge other African President To Take A Cue From Nigeria.

Could twitter had allowed late Osama Bin Ladin to tweet violence against the unity of America without sanctions? Whose interest is Twitter promoting in Nigeria?

Lmao you're all over this Twitter thing on every thread. Cool it down bruh

1 Like

Re: Access To Twitter Denied From Nigeria Cyberspace - BBC Reports by samwheel(m): 11:12am On Jun 05, 2021
CilicMarin:

U are d real terrorist, why hasn't he ban open grazing.
Too much head slamming makes you lose your sense of reasoning. FOOLISH TERRORIST.

2 Likes

Re: Access To Twitter Denied From Nigeria Cyberspace - BBC Reports by Chibudollar: 11:13am On Jun 05, 2021
This number is running atm card fraud 09063203018 please call her to say hi . Imagine scamming an old woman of her money
Re: Access To Twitter Denied From Nigeria Cyberspace - BBC Reports by sunnex90: 11:13am On Jun 05, 2021
CilicMarin:

By dere foolish words we shall know dem.

1 Like

Re: Access To Twitter Denied From Nigeria Cyberspace - BBC Reports by edoairways: 11:14am On Jun 05, 2021
CilicMarin:

Even the VPN they are celebrating will soon be banned.
Ignorance is a disease

1 Like

Re: Access To Twitter Denied From Nigeria Cyberspace - BBC Reports by AyomideOG01: 11:14am On Jun 05, 2021
CilicMarin:

you are so dumb

1 Like

Re: Access To Twitter Denied From Nigeria Cyberspace - BBC Reports by seanwilliam(m): 11:14am On Jun 05, 2021
adelaja70:
I don't like Twitter right from time... Most especially the owner Jack the dog. Must he involve himself in what other countries are doing? When the citizens of those countries are doing more than enough to deal with the situation in their countries. Jack will bring down Twitter one day with his arrogance and recklessness.
sometimes it’s better to remain silent. Stop posting nonsense!!

3 Likes

Re: Access To Twitter Denied From Nigeria Cyberspace - BBC Reports by Abid2020(m): 11:14am On Jun 05, 2021
CilicMarin:

Please how?

1 Like

Re: Access To Twitter Denied From Nigeria Cyberspace - BBC Reports by adonaimart(m): 11:15am On Jun 05, 2021
Twitter is gone; I can't access the app!!

How will we now know when Army and police are doing well grin grin

We take that App they correct wrongs by wicked govt agencies and politicians, look for lost or kidnapped loved ones, call out wicked and corrupt agents of the state, sell our foods, shoes, clothes, bags and even our soiled linens,, we use it to defend naija against other jealous Africans, the list is endless.

Everything can be used for good and bad...banning it makes the situation worse.

Oga RECONSIDER!!

1 Like

Re: Access To Twitter Denied From Nigeria Cyberspace - BBC Reports by Cj4charles(m): 11:15am On Jun 05, 2021
CilicMarin:

Oga if that's where your knowledge stop, i personally will tell you there are many ways to kill a rat Idiot

1 Like

Re: Access To Twitter Denied From Nigeria Cyberspace - BBC Reports by Nobody: 11:15am On Jun 05, 2021
WalkerMichael:
Dear NL brothers and sisters, i lost my mother on Monday 31st cry cry such a hard knock on me . I just hope God comforts myself and sisters. I promise to make her proud for life. please help me with your words, I'm really down. I'll be fine
Be strong man! Universe will protect you

1 Like

Re: Access To Twitter Denied From Nigeria Cyberspace - BBC Reports by edoairways: 11:15am On Jun 05, 2021
datola:
Is that so?

I appeal to to FGN to reverse the decision because of the negative impact it will have on the already bleeding economy.

People also should be wary of what they post online.

Stories. It was predicted long ago via the pix

1 Like

Re: Access To Twitter Denied From Nigeria Cyberspace - BBC Reports by chelsea1116(m): 11:16am On Jun 05, 2021
I fear for wot will b of "UAR" come 2023.

1 Like

Re: Access To Twitter Denied From Nigeria Cyberspace - BBC Reports by adioolayi(m): 11:16am On Jun 05, 2021
CilicMarin:

Stop defending this failed Government!!!

They do anything to stop common man's means of getting a livelihood ...Just look at thousands of business startups that do not have money for physical shops, but have been using the platform to promote their goods and services....All CUT OFF because a tweet was deleted

If Government feels tweeter is promoting an action that can undermine the sovereignty of this Nation, why not report such tweet Hope you know President Buhari's tweets were deleted because it was reported. Same for Donald Trump...why didn't USA ban Tweeter in USA Cutting off the head is not the solution to headache....This Government just lacks the capacity to think.

I voted PMB....and I am so sad I did!!! So sorry to letting millions of Nigerians down..This Government has nothing to offer anymore.

1 Like

Re: Access To Twitter Denied From Nigeria Cyberspace - BBC Reports by Saint99: 11:16am On Jun 05, 2021
A very bad move

Re: Access To Twitter Denied From Nigeria Cyberspace - BBC Reports by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 11:16am On Jun 05, 2021
WalkerMichael:
Dear NL brothers and sisters, i lost my mother on Monday 31st cry cry such a hard knock on me . I just hope God comforts myself and sisters. I promise to make her proud for life. please help me with your words, I'm really down. I'll be fine
You will be fine bro..

1 Like

Re: Access To Twitter Denied From Nigeria Cyberspace - BBC Reports by KushLyon(m): 11:16am On Jun 05, 2021
supportnija:

OP, those guys are fake expert, So, a country as big as Nigeria cannot regulate their space ... OP, anything that use IP can be control from space
don't mind them
It's impossible to ban it because there is still a way to access it. Even aside the use of VPN, some browsers like puffin browser can still open Twitter. So yes, there's no way to stop Nigerians from accessing Twitter, just as they couldn't stop us from trading cryptocurrencies

1 Like

Re: Access To Twitter Denied From Nigeria Cyberspace - BBC Reports by anselm791(m): 11:17am On Jun 05, 2021
We are back like we never left.

1 Like

Re: Access To Twitter Denied From Nigeria Cyberspace - BBC Reports by Codes151(m): 11:18am On Jun 05, 2021
CilicMarin:

chai. A compound illiterate is sth else.

You write, answer the question and still mean another.

In your context now, pmb is Osama.

1 Like

Re: Access To Twitter Denied From Nigeria Cyberspace - BBC Reports by bularuz(m): 11:18am On Jun 05, 2021
CilicMarin:

Of all the problems Nigeria is facing

1 Like

Re: Access To Twitter Denied From Nigeria Cyberspace - BBC Reports by francis5051: 11:18am On Jun 05, 2021
CilicMarin:

MUGU
Re: Access To Twitter Denied From Nigeria Cyberspace - BBC Reports by MarxMike(m): 11:18am On Jun 05, 2021
Simplyleo:
But I thought ict experts already said the ban is impossible and some onion thieves are already going for Thanksgiving in that regard. undecided
When the hammer eventually hits Nairaland, cos it will, I wonder what will become of your small paycheck...

1 Like

Re: Access To Twitter Denied From Nigeria Cyberspace - BBC Reports by kponkedenge(m): 11:20am On Jun 05, 2021
kindlyheart:
who else is not bothered by this Twitter ban

You don't need to be bothered until it gets to your doorstep.... By then it might be too late.

1 Like

Re: Access To Twitter Denied From Nigeria Cyberspace - BBC Reports by ma373733(m): 11:20am On Jun 05, 2021
grin

1 Like

Re: Access To Twitter Denied From Nigeria Cyberspace - BBC Reports by Casper21: 11:20am On Jun 05, 2021
E don do nah, everywhere twitter
Re: Access To Twitter Denied From Nigeria Cyberspace - BBC Reports by Brown2012: 11:20am On Jun 05, 2021
CilicMarin:

So ipob is a terrorist group while Fulani heardsmen, bandits, iswap and bokoharam are friendly groups, Islam has really affected you guys but you forget to watch your fellow islams like Saudi Arabia and Uae and grow with them, you guys have sworn to stay primitive, finally na poverty go kill Una along with diseases if you refuse to grow no wonder this government have been borrowing to survive no innovative ideas, olodo government. Twitter is not a terrorist group like our presidency abi fg abi garba shehu abi cabal.

1 Like

Re: Access To Twitter Denied From Nigeria Cyberspace - BBC Reports by olibeans: 11:21am On Jun 05, 2021
I want to use this medium to appeal to President Mohammed Buhari to ban Twitter from Ghana.

They should close their office and leave Ghana or pressure the President of Ghana to make them leave Ghana or we sanction Ghana.

We have to make it clear that we are the giant of Africa and whatever we like is what we do here.

Make them understand that we are not Donald Trump but General Mohammed Buhari.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Access To Twitter Denied From Nigeria Cyberspace - BBC Reports by PGKing1(m): 11:21am On Jun 05, 2021
�� Waka Una Papa

Re: Access To Twitter Denied From Nigeria Cyberspace - BBC Reports by akokaite(m): 11:21am On Jun 05, 2021
CilicMarin:

Trash!!!!

1 Like

Re: Access To Twitter Denied From Nigeria Cyberspace - BBC Reports by adelaja70(m): 11:23am On Jun 05, 2021
seanwilliam:
sometimes it’s better to remain silent. Stop posting nonsense!!
All these mumunized ibos.. I no get una time Abeg. My opinion is my opinion....
Re: Access To Twitter Denied From Nigeria Cyberspace - BBC Reports by micxwell(m): 11:23am On Jun 05, 2021
tonididdy:
Am I the only one who doesn't use Twitter or even understand the site

PS: I'm not in support of the Nigerian govt, just saying this shouldn't be news to me.
Why did you click on this thread then?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

More Photos From Charles Soludo's Swearing-In Ceremony / Fire Breaks Out At National Assembly Building, Guts Several Documents (photos) / Oyinlola Writes Jonathan, Offers To Quit PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.