Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

Northerns Happy With The Ban Of Twitter In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northerns Happy With The Ban Of Twitter In Nigeria (3146 Views)

Wole Soyinka Reacts To Suspension Of Twitter In Nigeria / FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria / British High Commission Speaks On Ban Of 50 Politicians By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northerns Happy With The Ban Of Twitter In Nigeria by 9japride(m): 12:24pm On Jun 05, 2021
MalcoImX:

Oga northerners have no issues with Igbos.

If you don't have a leash on your mouths, there is no obligation to respond kindly to you.

You can abuse everybody but when the same measure is applied you complain the more.
[color=#006600][/color]

But their actions says otherwise. Why can't we all live in peace and love?
Re: Northerns Happy With The Ban Of Twitter In Nigeria by 9japride(m): 12:26pm On Jun 05, 2021
MalcoImX:

Oga northerners have no issues with Igbos.

If you don't have a leash on your mouths, there is no obligation to respond kindly to you.

You can abuse everybody but when the same measure is applied you complain the more.
[color=#006600][/color]

But their actions says otherwise. Why can't we all live in peace and love? Easterners travels to all part of the north to do business and live peacefully with them but yet they are not still loved.
Re: Northerns Happy With The Ban Of Twitter In Nigeria by MalcoImX: 12:34pm On Jun 05, 2021
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

But their actions says otherwise. Why can't we all live in peace and love? Easterners travels to all part of the north to do business and live peacefully with them but yet they are not still loved.

That's what we find puzzling too. You are comfortable and successful in all parts of Nigeria, but are restless.

With what happened, it's difficult for the Igbo to feel inclusive, but it's a fact of history, not necessarily northerners' fault or deliberate.

Only buildings bridges could assuage things, not hostility.

But still we don't understand Igbos. The one who tried to reach out or can be understood by others, like Okorocha you termed a sellout and Hausa.

1 Like

Re: Northerns Happy With The Ban Of Twitter In Nigeria by hedonido: 12:43pm On Jun 05, 2021
Abfinest007:
I want to see the phatform APC will use to campaign in 2023.you think you are doing us but you are doing urself. I do ma do body
There would be no election 'talk less' of campaign in 2023. This Buhari and his fellow abokki bastards are intent on instituting a civilian dictatorship. But of course it would not end well.. Wait and see.
Re: Northerns Happy With The Ban Of Twitter In Nigeria by Elvictor: 12:46pm On Jun 05, 2021
Divide Nigeria in two days North will be worse than North Korea
Re: Northerns Happy With The Ban Of Twitter In Nigeria by 9japride(m): 12:56pm On Jun 05, 2021
MalcoImX:

That's what we find puzzling too. You are comfortable and successful in all parts of Nigeria, but are restless.

With what happened, it's difficult for the Igbo to feel inclusive, but it's a fact of history, not necessarily northerners' fault or deliberate.

Only buildings bridges could assuage things, not hostility.

But still we don't understand Igbos. The one who tried to reach out or can be understood by others, like Okorocha you termed a sellout and Hausa.
[color=#006600][/color]

The main issue with an Igbo man is that he believes in himself and don't allow anyone to control their opinions, which is not the usual African way. The suspicion about Igbos are mainly propagated by negative media and rumours. Also, the reason why Igbos travel to other parts of the country is due to high competition in the east and I blame the federal government of starving the eastern region of federation government institutions. Just take a look at Kaduna state and count the number of federal government agencies/institutions which provides jobs for the people directly/indirectly but in the case of the east is all man for himself. All these are deliberately done to the eastern region after the civil war and no real reconciliation amongst the Nigeria state. There is still bitterness in the land and nobody is addressing it. Late Ya'Adua was loved by Igbos because of he's free nature and Igbos love someone like Atiku too because he's not a fanatic. No politician is a saint, but if Nigeria have one who after election accommodates everyone there will be peace in the land. Most northerners are being feed with falsehood about the eastern region. Just take a look at nairaland concerning ipob matters majority of news are fake and an average guy in the north may not know the true story because of the distance. So it builds more hatred. As for Okorocha he started well but due to greed and wanting to please the north always to the detriment of he's people he was hated. The thing I like about northerners is that they always fight and stand for their brothers no matter what, but that can't be said for our politicians down south. Lastly, from my observation an average Hausa man is very honest but to me it seems they gave the Fulani free hand to do a lot of things. While growing up I enjoyed Nigeria but presently things are getting worst, no love. If we should tell ourselves the truth, if we have a good leader there won't be any agitation.
Re: Northerns Happy With The Ban Of Twitter In Nigeria by Fedoglo: 1:33pm On Jun 05, 2021
Wetin concern bicycle with fuel station
Re: Northerns Happy With The Ban Of Twitter In Nigeria by MalcoImX: 1:59pm On Jun 05, 2021
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

The main issue with an Igbo man is that he believes in himself and don't allow anyone to control their opinions, which is not the usual African way. The suspicion about Igbos are mainly propagated by negative media and rumours. Also, the reason why Igbos travel to other parts of the country is due to high competition in the east and I blame the federal government of starving the eastern region of federation government institutions. Just take a look at Kaduna state and count the number of federal government agencies/institutions which provides jobs for the people directly/indirectly but in the case of the east is all man for himself. All these are deliberately done to the eastern region after the civil war and no real reconciliation amongst the Nigeria state. There is still bitterness in the land and nobody is addressing it. Late Ya'Adua was loved by Igbos because of he's free nature and Igbos love someone like Atiku too because he's not a fanatic. No politician is a saint, but if Nigeria have one who after election accommodates everyone there will be peace in the land. Most northerners are being feed with falsehood about the eastern region. Just take a look at nairaland concerning ipob matters majority of news are fake and an average guy in the north may not know the true story because of the distance. So it builds more hatred. As for Okorocha he started well but due to greed and wanting to please the north always to the detriment of he's people he was hated. The thing I like about northerners is that they always fight and stand for their brothers no matter what, but that can't be said for our politicians down south. Lastly, from my observation an average Hausa man is very honest but to me it seems they gave the Fulani free hand to do a lot of things. While growing up I enjoyed Nigeria but presently things are getting worst, no love. If we should tell ourselves the truth, if we have a good leader there won't be any agitation.

My take is Igbos travel to other parts of Nigeria not for lack of what to do at home but more because they can see opportunities to exploit and better themselves - which is fine. But there's always somebody at home fanning embers of an already fragile situation. We may have our grudges too, especially when our leaders were killed and Igbo leaders spared in the 1966 coup. We've forgotten about that, but in the course of discourse, we were always shouted down whenever we bring that up to remind you that we were hurt too. But what we get is more vitriols.

And what's the basis of your complaints when even with the civil war you're not doing bad. The problem is never economic but political. And to be honest with you there's distrust of the Igbo in us since the civil war. We don't know what you can do politically seeing our leaders rounded up and killed prior to the civil war and yours spared. That's just the truth. But like I said, we can start from somewhere, especially with moderate politicians.

As for Buhari and Fulani issues, we don't see what you're seeing in him and them. To us, he cannot deliberately harm others and still be loved by many. But we can't just abandon him cos we saw what he went through even before his presidency. The abuse on his person, Hausa, Fulani and Islam predates his presidency. What we noticed was it became more during his presidency. Another thing is, we don't understand the criminalization of the Fulani. They are warrior-like, prone to revenge whenever cheated and this behavior is exhibited even in the North. They live all over the North and West Africa, and their behavior is the same everywhere. We can't understand why the cry about Fulani taking your lands. How many are they there; and these are people if you've lived with them, you know what they see is not mostly your lands but the grasses on them. Even in the North they leave an area when grasses begin to dry. You'll be surprised when during arguments we equate them to Igbo businessmen, because they don't know or have any livelihood but animal rearing.

So bro I've said what I know honestly. Another war as advocated by people like Nnamdi benefits neither Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba. That's the reason for all our abuses on him - and it's justified, cos he may not go for two days without bringing us or our culture to disrepute.

Truth is we like to poke fun at each other, but we should also respect each other and work to reduce frictions in us - but we don't see that going well with people like Nnamdi Kanu - his incitements will only make things worse.

There are times when certain radio stations, newspapers and TV stations wouldn't air views which they deemed offensive and can cause disharmony - but it's no more with social media.

Sometimes one is forced to respond, and the response is not something I may want my Igbo friends to see. Maybe social media makes us heartless and unfriendly. In that it has done more bad than good

Peace.

1 Like

Re: Northerns Happy With The Ban Of Twitter In Nigeria by FoolishBoy419: 10:02pm On Jun 05, 2021
nelsonebby:

so because of this millions of us should lose access to twitter? are you normal in the head

As long as it affects national security, you all should lose access to it. Next time, caution yourselves against going online to endorse and promote terrorism
Re: Northerns Happy With The Ban Of Twitter In Nigeria by nelsonebby(m): 10:20pm On Jun 05, 2021
FoolishBoy419:

As long as it affects national security, you all should lose access to it. Next time, caution yourselves against going online to endorse and promote terrorism
fucck off
Re: Northerns Happy With The Ban Of Twitter In Nigeria by 9japride(m): 11:27pm On Jun 05, 2021
MalcoImX:

My take is Igbos travel to other parts of Nigeria not for lack of what to do at home but more because they can see opportunities to exploit and better themselves - which is fine. But there's always somebody at home fanning embers of an already fragile situation. We may have our grudges too, especially when our leaders were killed and Igbo leaders spared in the 1966 coup. We've forgotten about that, but in the course of discourse, we were always shouted down whenever we bring that up to remind you that we were hurt too. But what we get is more vitriols.

And what's the basis of your complaints when even with the civil war you're not doing bad. The problem is never economic but political. And to be honest with you there's distrust of the Igbo in us since the civil war. We don't know what you can do politically seeing our leaders rounded up and killed prior to the civil war and yours spared. That's just the truth. But like I said, we can start from somewhere, especially with moderate politicians.

As for Buhari and Fulani issues, we don't see what you're seeing in him and them. To us, he cannot deliberately harm others and still be loved by many. But we can't just abandon him cos we saw what he went through even before his presidency. The abuse on his person, Hausa, Fulani and Islam predates his presidency. What we noticed was it became more during his presidency. Another thing is, we don't understand the criminalization of the Fulani. They are warrior-like, prone to revenge whenever cheated and this behavior is exhibited even in the North. They live all over the North and West Africa, and their behavior is the same everywhere. We can't understand why the cry about Fulani taking your lands. How many are they there; and these are people if you've lived with them, you know what they see is not mostly your lands but the grasses on them. Even in the North they leave an area when grasses begin to dry. You'll be surprised when during arguments we equate them to Igbo businessmen, because they don't know or have any livelihood but animal rearing.

So bro I've said what I know honestly. Another war as advocated by people like Nnamdi benefits neither Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba. That's the reason for all our abuses on him - and it's justified, cos he may not go for two days without bringing us or our culture to disrepute.

Truth is we like to poke fun at each other, but we should also respect each other and work to reduce frictions in us - but we don't see that going well with people like Nnamdi Kanu - his incitements will only make things worse.

There are times when certain radio stations, newspapers and TV stations wouldn't air views which they deemed offensive and can cause disharmony - but it's no more with social media.

Sometimes one is forced to respond, and the response is not something I may want my Igbo friends to see. Maybe social media makes us heartless and unfriendly. In that it has done more bad than good

Peace.
[color=#006600][/color]

I understand your view, it all boils down to politics and both the north and south practice a very destructive form of politics of pepper eye. The only way out is a reconciliation conference were both the north and south table their grievances and possible solutions will be sorted out. We should copy a clue from Rwanda and find out how they settled the hatred there. If government don't address the perceived grievances, the crises will linger on. As for the Igbo man, he's not really happy that successive governments have been denying the east of good development stuffs. Due to their self made success, they don't answer to anyone which others might term arrogance. Buhari needs to calm down, he has achieved all the good things of this life and it won't cause him anything to just be accommodating. Let's hope for a better nation, but if we can't resolve our differences its better everyone go their separate way and manage themselves as they are. Peace.
Re: Northerns Happy With The Ban Of Twitter In Nigeria by MalcoImX: 11:46pm On Jun 05, 2021
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

I understand your view, it all boils down to politics and both the north and south practice a very destructive form of politics of pepper eye. The only way out is a reconciliation conference were both the north and south table their grievances and possible solutions will be sorted out. We should copy a clue from Rwanda and find out how they settled the hatred there. If government don't address the perceived grievances, the crises will linger on. As for the Igbo man, he's not really happy that successive governments have been denying the east of good development stuffs. Due to their self made success, they don't answer to anyone which others might term arrogance. Buhari needs to calm down, he has achieved all the good things of this life and it won't cause him anything to just be accommodating. Let's hope for a better nation, but if we can't resolve our differences its better everyone go their separate way and manage themselves as they are. Peace.
This is so good but it's difficult.

Even if people are to sit down and iron things out people like Kanu will never agree, when he feels that Biafra's realization will possibly make him the president.
Re: Northerns Happy With The Ban Of Twitter In Nigeria by 9japride(m): 12:34am On Jun 06, 2021
MalcoImX:
This is so good but it's difficult.

Even if people are to sit down and iron things out people like Kanu will never agree, when he feels that Biafra's realization will possibly make him the president.
[color=#006600][/color]

Though things are getting a little bit extremely difficult for the east to drop down their agitation due to a lot of people have lost hope in this present Nigeria situation. But the earlier government addresses the root causes of the problem the better for everyone, crises have a way of affecting everybody either directly or indirectly. Nobody will dash Kanu president, Igbos don't believe in one man show, anyday Kanu starts misbehaving he will be kicked out.
Re: Northerns Happy With The Ban Of Twitter In Nigeria by Susu888(m): 1:53am On Jun 06, 2021
Chai... God!

See painment nd lamentations for front page... The hate they got for Northerners will choke them if care is not taken grin
Re: Northerns Happy With The Ban Of Twitter In Nigeria by StaffofOrayan(m): 3:40am On Jun 06, 2021
FoolishBoy419:

I'm not a Hausa man or even a pro buharist but I'm 100% in support. If twitter can't allow the capitol invaders to tweet because they want to protect their country, they have no right to support Ipob In Nigeria.

So it doesn't bother you that the man that took away your father's freedoms in the 80's is back again for yours? Or history no get meaning to you?
Re: Northerns Happy With The Ban Of Twitter In Nigeria by Positivepoint(m): 7:34am On Jun 06, 2021
Enculer:
Islamic cows are happy. No surprises. Next.

Christian pigs are sad.
Re: Northerns Happy With The Ban Of Twitter In Nigeria by Positivepoint(m): 7:35am On Jun 06, 2021
Typicool8:
Very stupid and backward set of homo sapiens

Progressive fouls like u are nothing but a disgrace to humanity
Re: Northerns Happy With The Ban Of Twitter In Nigeria by Positivepoint(m): 7:36am On Jun 06, 2021
MAGG0T:
cheesy

Those illiterates, give them their favorite cow urine drink, and see them worship you forever.

They are the ones dragging this country backward with their cow mentality, I'm not sure any northerner knows what VPN is.

coming from a breakfast eating pig and dog shit eater.
Re: Northerns Happy With The Ban Of Twitter In Nigeria by Positivepoint(m): 7:37am On Jun 06, 2021
Luigi03:
Sometimes I ask myself how I got to be in the same country with these set monkeys embarassed
Northerners are just...... *spits

Southerners are just.....
Re: Northerns Happy With The Ban Of Twitter In Nigeria by Positivepoint(m): 7:40am On Jun 06, 2021
cybertron88:
Aboki never seems to amaze me. This one's even try to write in English. Am sure 90% of the posts on dat page was written in hausa. As Twitter no get hausa version nahin make Dem dey Happy for d ban

From a person with inferiority complex, only feels civilized when speaking English with horrible accent forgetting great nations are built from traditions including the so called English he so much admire.
Re: Northerns Happy With The Ban Of Twitter In Nigeria by Positivepoint(m): 7:44am On Jun 06, 2021
DiagnoPolitics:
Islamic terrorists, ISWAP, and Al-quaeda patting themselves on the back for stifling free media of the southern youths.

Northern nigerians, especially fulanis always celebrated whenever Al-quaeda and Osama killed thousands of Americans too. I was in the North was 9/11 happened. They all jubilated over the death of thousands of Americans.

This is why I always feel like asphyxiating any Christian southerner who supports the fulani-led contraption.

The North celebrated coz the monster the American government created came home to roast.
Re: Northerns Happy With The Ban Of Twitter In Nigeria by Oracleforce: 8:14am On Jun 06, 2021
Abfinest007:
I want to see the phatform APC will use to campaign in 2023.you think you are doing us but you are doing urself. I do ma do body

Which fanthom do they use to campaign in the 2015 election? Tribalism and political buy-over with money and massive rigging....
The INEC chairman is always working for the incumbent prefers candidate...

Let my people go...
Re: Northerns Happy With The Ban Of Twitter In Nigeria by ChybuzzDD(m): 8:28am On Jun 06, 2021
DiagnoPolitics:
Islamic terrorists, ISWAP, and Al-quaeda patting themselves on the back for stifling free media of the southern youths.

Northern nigerians, especially fulanis always celebrated whenever Al-quaeda and Osama killed thousands of Americans too. I was in the North was 9/11 happened. They all jubilated over the death of thousands of Americans.

This is why I always feel like asphyxiating any Christian southerner who supports the fulani-led contraption.

You're very very right

Those idiots jubilated in my presence when boko Haram bombed a catholic church in Niger state on the 25th of December, 2011.
And those were the staff of a hospital i was serving in!
I stopped serving those animals in the name of NYSC that same day.

1 Like

Re: Northerns Happy With The Ban Of Twitter In Nigeria by Sunday2021: 8:56am On Jun 06, 2021
God bless Buhari
God bless Nigeria.
This useless company thought they can decide who rule our country the way they did to the US. I want the whole African continent to ban this basterds company called twitter. They are encouraging terrorism and we will not sit and watch while our country is being drag aground by ipob sponsored company.
Re: Northerns Happy With The Ban Of Twitter In Nigeria by Typicool8(m): 1:23pm On Jun 06, 2021
Positivepoint:

Progressive fouls like u are nothing but a disgrace to humanity
So says a backward fool with a maggotic brain
Re: Northerns Happy With The Ban Of Twitter In Nigeria by joyandfaith: 1:27pm On Jun 06, 2021
FoolishBoy419:

I'm not a Hausa man or even a pro buharist but I'm 100% in support. If twitter can't allow the capitol invaders to tweet because they want to protect their country, they have no right to support Ipob In Nigeria.
Foolish boy and 419. Hi!!!
Re: Northerns Happy With The Ban Of Twitter In Nigeria by haaryobhami: 1:29pm On Jun 06, 2021
Very foolish illiterates,I hope bandits wipe and bokoharam wipe them off the surface of this Earth.
We still dy tweet Sha
Re: Northerns Happy With The Ban Of Twitter In Nigeria by DiagnoPolitics: 11:35am On Jun 07, 2021
MrColdsweat:
People who sell their votes just for money to buy kettle to wash their uncircumcised genitals in the mosque.

Why should I be bothered about their opinion?

You wicked no be small, see as you tackle onionbandit, simplyleo, cilicmarin and their muslim abooki brothers. grin grin
Re: Northerns Happy With The Ban Of Twitter In Nigeria by FoolishBoy419: 7:46pm On Jun 07, 2021
joyandfaith:

Foolish boy and 419. Hi!!!

Hi, caged man. Faith= not questioning stupidity.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Facebook, Instagram , Whatsapp And Others May Be Banned - Lai Mohammed / See Who's Responsible For Unknown Gunmen- Photo Speaks / The Unedited Photo Of The Thief!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.