Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government (42454 Views)

The Flamboyant Golf Life Of Governor Seyi Makinde / Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira / Governor Seyi Makinde Visits Olubadan Of Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by olatuns2017: 11:34am On Jun 05, 2021
drinoayo:
The Governor of Oyo State, Seyi Makinde, has reacted to a ban on social media platform, Twitter by President Muhammadu Buhari's government, Igbere TV reports.

On Friday evening, the Nigerian government announced that it will be suspending all Twitter operations in Nigeria. This development is coming a day after the platform deleted a tweet and a video from the President's official handle.

President Buhari had issued a tweet threatening genocidal violence on the South-East over its rising Insecurity.

Reacting to the suspension, Makinde tweeted;

https://twitter.com/seyiamakinde/status/1401095572589842435?s=19

I used to think this guy will be a source of competition in developments btw APC and PDP govs in SW but in the last 2 yes he has disappointed beyond reasoning

Yeye Gov
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by yeman1(m): 11:35am On Jun 05, 2021
lastchild:
there's an argument going on here in a barber salon, Twitter and Facebook, which one is a bigger platform in the world?

It's Twitter. Even some countries like China ban Facebook
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by DrSamOnowu87(m): 11:36am On Jun 05, 2021
Raychee:
His ego was bruised grin. To them if "Almighty" Bubu cannot use Twitter the everyone else has to suffer for it too. If Donald Trump was banned who the hell is Buhari? Nonsense!
You're only above the law here grin. Nobody recognises your position elsewhere grin. Continue exercising your dictatorship in your own country. Outside here you're powerless!!!
. Not just powerless but a lifeless vegetable. He is just d commander-in-chief of d other room. A cow sperm product.

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 11:37am On Jun 05, 2021
As leaders, we should go beyond emotional reactions to issues and think about how our actions will affect the people we lead and our international ratings socially and economically.

Apt, by the way, northerner hegemony are having a family meeting, their resolution is to be quiet now...

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by Nobody: 11:38am On Jun 05, 2021

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by Angrymode: 11:46am On Jun 05, 2021
They are only adding salt to the injuries of the youths and every other aggrieved persons.
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by 27Pushing30: 11:50am On Jun 05, 2021
When you guys talk I laugh

Illiterates who claim Buhari is an illiterate.

Now lemme explain what a ban on twitter means.

1. Big and notable companies and institutions CANNOT dare tweet —-

2. No official business can be conducted via twitter for now

3. Notable “individuals” with key interests tied to government and their parastatals cannot also dare tweet.

Those 3 above will cause a shift in user base for twitter in the short term BUT here’s the catch Nigeria has opened pandora’s Box now lemme see how many governments Twitter will be treating with disrespect going forward.

Government big pass company, as we speak US Ambassador go don dey mediate with FGN towards resolving this impasse.

Those of you shouting VPN have no idea about the difference between access and accessibility
manduwem:
Actually he doesn't need to appeal. Ban on twitter in 9ja is like erecting a gate for a compound without fence.
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by ogwumgbe: 11:56am On Jun 05, 2021
Costello559:
These idiots does not care about us... Just imagine businesses these fools halted ...

This is the kind of thing they would implement sharp sharp. Better things would take like forever .... Bushmanoids ...

My country my country..

Pls try make money and jakpa poo...

Stop wailing join june 12 revolution, that's your opportunity to correct things
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by Seun360(m): 12:10pm On Jun 05, 2021
MajorOvakporaye:
Buhari is stupid and his supporters are all useless idiots!!!

I have been tweeting since yesterday. I dey use very strong confirm VPN

Dia papa!!!

You will soon be treated in the language you and your forefathers understands.

Una go soon start to dey chop raw leaves and lizard as your grandad did during the Civil War.

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by Ordinarybob: 12:22pm On Jun 05, 2021
MajorOvakporaye:
Buhari is stupid and his supporters are all useless idiots!!!

I have been tweeting since yesterday. I dey use very strong confirm VPN

Dia papa!!!
abeg wetin be the name of the VPN
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by NikAustine: 12:23pm On Jun 05, 2021
Lifestone:

Somehow I support PMB on this. Let Nigerians use other platforms. Tweeter is a business operating in Nigeria and shouldn't be allowed to trash our president regardless.
Besides, I have read PMB tweet severally and couldn't see how it breaches their rule, there was no word like genocide in the statement other than the insinuations.
Tweeter can't colonize us againc in this modern age!
You have far change Monika from Emz to this nonsense now. Na so you go keep changing..Anupama.
Aya adiok nor afo
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by tunary(m): 12:25pm On Jun 05, 2021
drinoayo:
The Governor of Oyo State, Seyi Makinde, has reacted to a ban on social media platform, Twitter by President Muhammadu Buhari's government, Igbere TV reports.

On Friday evening, the Nigerian government announced that it will be suspending all Twitter operations in Nigeria. This development is coming a day after the platform deleted a tweet and a video from the President's official handle.

President Buhari had issued a tweet threatening genocidal violence on the South-East over its rising Insecurity.

This na leader way him head correct, not the old ignorant fools in Abuja. Truly age doesn't mean maturity/) wisdom.

Buhari and his crew just expose themselves to the world
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by Kennitrust(m): 12:26pm On Jun 05, 2021
SultanOfPuna:

This reminds me of Iran emotional reaction that backfired on them.
After Trump killed their General
On 8 January 2020, a Ukrainian plane was carrying iran and Ukraine passengers from Iran to kyiv, Ukraine.
It was shot down shortly after takeoff by the Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps.

Because they were so emotional that they couldn't reason with their heads.
They saw a plane flying and thought it was USA plane.
Without confirming they launch missoe on the plane. Only to find out it was a Ukrainian plane carrying Iranians and Ukrainians.

They don't reason first
They just burst out emotion and it later backfires on them. Na their way
Islamic ways. Very backwards coward
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by timberprides: 12:28pm On Jun 05, 2021
Nigeria which way abeg

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by melviniyke2002(m): 12:31pm On Jun 05, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
Audio governor... Want to use the situation to his advantage.
nonsense so u support dis useless govt......
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by Kenn55: 12:32pm On Jun 05, 2021
zingywingy:
Nigerian Youth on twitter only go their for half bake news and cruise. Banning twitter will not affect anything than curb the spread of fake news.

Moreover, for Business owners, lets move to IG and see how to make the best of it. Also, there are some local platforms too that we can encourage. To me, we cant put interest of social media ahead of our national security.

Deleting president tweet is not just about deleting any random person tweet. It is a national disgrace.

Is it not a national disgrace that fulani herdsmen men is allowed to murder poor villagers? Why didn't Buhari ban open grazing that was unanimously agreed in southern Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by Lifestone(m): 12:36pm On Jun 05, 2021
NikAustine:
You have far change Monika from Emz to this nonsense now. Na so you go keep changing..Anupama.
Aya adiok nor afo
I have only this Monika since 2013, just do a simple check. The rest I will respond when u are matured and confident enough to interpret whatever you wrote.
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by okuta007: 12:36pm On Jun 05, 2021
rookidmart:
How was he able to access Twitter?

this further shows Buhari is not in control of anything even the telecommunications space of Nigeria - he is so useless that what he banned is not banned - that means all he says is rubbbish and all his promises ? a heap of bigger rubbish
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by Abdulhakeehm: 12:38pm On Jun 05, 2021
Are you guys really okay?? Twitter is a private company a private company !!! And it deleted the post ofthe president of the federal republic of Nigeria.. retired general. Now you said they should send relegation to Twitter headquarters.. you guys are mentally handicapped mental slavery is disturbing you people.. what right does Twitter has to delete the post in the first place why can't he warn him in the first place??��������� Happy Nigeria������
Coldshisha:
cool

Buhari should have delegated people to go to twitter headquarters and dialogue with them showing the effects of civil unrest, people who had died since the whole saga and why tough measure is needed to forestall another Boko Haram ISWAP crisis

EndSARs loss is an example of why we must be careful of another civil unrest

Trump's ousting and government change is also an example why Social media especially Twitter shouldn't have absolute power

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by tunary(m): 12:44pm On Jun 05, 2021
fridayakpos:
When are we going to protest against this, cus apc are looking for ways to regulate social media, now they ave got one,
on the 12 of June which is next week Saturday precisely one week from now. Join them to protest if any around you
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by aniblue(m): 12:46pm On Jun 05, 2021
I hope when they fight back, FG won't cry fowl?
Remember the case of USA and China in Apple and Haiwei mobile
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by SpaceTime: 12:46pm On Jun 05, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
How can you call Seyi Makinde an audio governor?
You must be irrevocably foolish.
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by NikAustine: 1:00pm On Jun 05, 2021
Lifestone:

I have only this Monika since 2013, just do a simple check. The rest I will respond when u are matured and confident enough to interpret whatever you wrote.
I said it will never be well with you. That's what I said. Shey I have interpret it na.
Abasi Aya Mia fo nfen ( God will punish you)
If I was related to you...I would have disowned you since...or not, disown...Send you to hell
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by zoedew: 1:02pm On Jun 05, 2021
drinoayo:

The Ban Gang are not clear folks! They act first and think later!!
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by Decent09(m): 1:05pm On Jun 05, 2021
babyfaceafrica:

Even if you are in Ibadan you can't feel his relevant
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by Decent09(m): 1:06pm On Jun 05, 2021
SpaceTime:

How can you call Seyi Makinde an audio governor?
You must be irrevocably foolish.

Tell what makinde deed in his state pls
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by Justiceibeikenn: 1:26pm On Jun 05, 2021
lastchild:
there's an argument going on here in a barber salon, Twitter and Facebook, which one is a bigger platform in the world?

Facebook is bigger based on popularity and registered users but when it comes to most influential then you talk of Twitter..every other politician and billionaires are on Twitter but you can hardly see them on Facebook.. Again Trump made Twitter very very popular I think the world information revolves around Twitter currently
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by luluman: 1:47pm On Jun 05, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
You are too daft. He made a point concerning the status quo and you cant see that.which kind mumu you be?
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by Lifestone(m): 1:56pm On Jun 05, 2021
NikAustine:
I said it will never be well with you. That's what I said. Shey I have interpret it na.
Abasi Aya Mia fo nfen ( God will punish you)
If I was related to you...I would have disowned you since...or not, disown...Send you to hell
You were cursing yourself simply because we have different views, it shows how much education you have. How are you different from the Buhari you critique so much?
incidentally God hasn't given men like you power to determine what happens to others. Shameful
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by itu404(m): 2:03pm On Jun 05, 2021
SultanOfPuna:

This reminds me of Iran emotional reaction that backfired on them.
After Trump killed their General
On 8 January 2020, a Ukrainian plane was carrying iran and Ukraine passengers from Iran to kyiv, Ukraine.
It was shot down shortly after takeoff by the Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps.

Because they were so emotional that they couldn't reason with their heads.
They saw a plane flying and thought it was USA plane.
Without confirming they launch missoe on the plane. Only to find out it was a Ukrainian plane carrying Iranians and Ukrainians.

They don't reason first

They just burst out emotion and it later backfires on them. Na their way
Your reference is relative no one is planting bomb or using missiles here...just protecting your country against platforms that terror leaders, mischief makers can find a leeway. And don not forget if the CIA wants Twitteer to compromise thier work in African who the hell is twitter to say no...make una wiseup..i beg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat / Nnamdi Kanu, His Father And South-East Governors Meet In Enugu (Photos) / Lagos Government Shuts Marina Mosque

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.