Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,773 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate - Car Talk (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate (57333 Views)

Ever Since I Bought A Mercedes Benz, It's Been One Trouble To Another / Toyota Corolla Users Need Know Their Mate / Help Me Make A Choice Between Buying A 2014 GLK 350 Or Ml350 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by TemmyDayo50(m): 4:55pm On Jun 08, 2021
PAQ:
Most times its not the machine, but the man behind the wheels. I remember 6 years back, traveling to KD with some friends, i was driving my friends 2005 Highlander at about 100- 110km/hr, from no where a white C300 passed me with ease, like it wasnt speeding at all. Well, na benz, i shrugged if off. The Highlander was fresh toks, engine sharp, suspension tight, no one had overtook me in that journey until now, i wasnt gonna be intimidated! But before i knew it, another white BMW 3 series swooshed by just like the benz.

At this point my friends had automatically adjusted themselves, all jists came to a halt cause they knew we were in for a ride. It was like my mindset had synchronised with the occupants, even the owner of the car was like "lets go there"! I got that poor but capable Highlander to 160-170km/hr, i caught up with the BMW in no time....liverless. On getting to the benz, the drivers mindset was like; Highlander ke!? Wetin concern me, the speed demon had taken over me, pedal to the floor! The driver of the benz was stubborn but gave in, all the occupants cheered with their hearts in their mouths, my ego was boosted. I had become one with the machine.

At the end of the day, after doing my daily recap and assessment, i just came to a conclusion of how foolish i was putting lives in danger, disregarding my family. I have learnt bitter lessons from speed in my younger years but....

I understand the OPs mindset, the race was not premeditated, but with so much horse power Its hard not to test it, thats why i stick to my slow riding Corolla. If any body intimidate me for road, nothing i fit do pass 130hp! My vex go just calm down by him Self.

Respect smiley
Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jun 08, 2021
Vickyvice:
Mercedes is the best product on earth. Forget toyota, honda, rolls Royce, buggatti, Bentley e t c. You can't rely on them like even old Benz version when the chips are really down.

You obviously don't know anything about cars.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by BobbyZrealist(m): 5:07pm On Jun 08, 2021
BMW 850i will dust your CLS in matter of seconds.

1 Like

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by baxton25(m): 5:26pm On Jun 08, 2021
Vickyvice:
Mercedes is the best product on earth. Forget toyota, honda, rolls Royce, buggatti, Bentley e t c. You can't rely on them like even old Benz version when the chips are really down. use Benz for very very long distances,after about an hour firing, Benz go come ask u whether U really really serious say Una dey go somewhere,by then Toyota, Honda, and the rest go don cable their limit finish 50 km ahead of which Una leave the same time you will fully understand. Na then Benz go tell u say na Benz e be. It's rear tyres will first assume "k "shape, By the time all others move the next 60 km, Benz go complete both the difference of 50 km, meet them , and beat all of them. Toyotas are only good for short or distances within town, which isn't what Benz is made for. The longer the distance the better the performance of Benz. in fact, Benz go dey happier. Any Benz u pass on express is either its journey is short or its less than an hr the car enter road. Lastly, Benz alerts by giving signs when a fault is imminent of which u can travel with it without fear, till u fix it

Is bmw a joke to You? Bmw go dust your mercedes like biscuit
Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by Topmaike007(m): 5:33pm On Jun 08, 2021
OfficialDJ:
tongue

Nah.

I can't waste my PMS on Toyota cars again.
Bring me a beemer, then I'd know you mean business
how I wish you will jam BMW 330i and get schooled oneday... Until then enjoy your new ride
Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by Chris2863(m): 5:48pm On Jun 08, 2021
grin grin grin
Gravatar:
Boy racer, this is what's in store for you.

Keep racing Highlanders upandan

Overindulged children
Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by Munzy14(m): 6:00pm On Jun 08, 2021
OfficialDJ:
I was cruising round town slowly with my car, before i knew it, a 2014 toyota highlander came screeching with high speed, almost scraping my fender... angry

If it was an old man I could have let it slide, but alas; it was a young guy with beards feeling funky...

Thankfully it was a clear and smooth road.

I put my cls in sports 2( it’s an airmatic), gassed down the throttle pedal, and i was on grin cheesy The guy was gasping for air. I flew pass him after he must have exhausted every power the toyota lowlander got.
He played catch up till we reached a traffic point.....
We were head to head together, and the only thing that stopped us was the red light. As soon as it turned green; we both hit the throttle, and as expected, my car was far gone before his could pick up enough power..
Toyota car users are the most uncouth set of airheads on the Highway, and I’m glad I taught that dunce a lesson.

Maybe he'd sell his car and get a 2008 c-300 grin

Just maybe..

I attached a random highlander from Google to depict the car I was racing with...
Truly ; mercedes benz and others....

My cls pic 2 cool
Be feeling yourself, who recorded the scenes....Or you want us to believe just one sided story...

Oga paul walker2 weldone ooo...

Egungun see a express....cheesy see rough play...

2 Likes

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 08, 2021
OfficialDJ:
I was cruising round town slowly with my car, before i knew it, a 2014 toyota highlander came screeching with high speed, almost scraping my fender... angry

If it was an old man I could have let it slide, but alas; it was a young guy with beards feeling funky...

I put my cls in sports 2( it’s an airmatic), gassed down the throttle pedal, and i was on grin cheesy The guy was gasping for air. I flew pass him after he must have exhausted every power the toyota lowlander got.
We were head to head together, and the only thing that stopped us was the red light. As soon as it turned green; we both hit the throttle, and as expected, my car was far gone before his could pick up enough power..
Toyota car users are the most uncouth set of airheads on the Highway, and I’m glad I taught that dunce a lesson.

Just maybe..

I attached a random highlander from Google to depict the car I was racing with...

My cls pic 2 cool

Race with a Lexus GS 400 or ES 350.

That highlander is slower than a Toyota Sienna. It is not made for speed. Even a 2003 Camry will beat that highlander. It's a very slow car. I've raced with it.

Highlanders and Forerunners made by Toyota are slow on the road.

I've raced with a Fore runner Lagos-Benin. I've raced Toyota Tundra, Abuja-lokoja. I beat all of them.

In summary, Toyota SUVs aren't made for speed.

Don't ever compare speeds between a car of low Center of gravity with one of high center of gravity.

Compare SUV to SUV.
Sedan to Sedan.
Hatchback to Hatchback.

That your Merc won't see the back of a Passat wagon 2010 or BMW 3 series or even Avalon.

4 Likes

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by yusufu16: 6:34pm On Jun 08, 2021
DAVE5:

Abeg point us in the direction where bmw was quoted with highest safety rating amongst all cars

God no go shame us

These are not high end car
Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by Bibina59: 6:36pm On Jun 08, 2021
When will you come and race with my C43 AMG 4Matic or my BMW 535 xdrive? How could you race with a toyota and praised yourself?

quote author=OfficialDJ post=102396984]I was cruising round town slowly with my car, before i knew it, a 2014 toyota highlander came screeching with high speed, almost scraping my fender... angry

Just maybe..

My cls pic 2 cool[/quote]

12 Likes

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by pluto3(m): 6:41pm On Jun 08, 2021
Very funny..... I laugh at these toyotas guys alot

1 Like

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by Kewtt: 6:42pm On Jun 08, 2021
AlhajiBitcoin:

Race with a Lexus GS 400 or ES 350.

That highlander is slower than a Toyota Sienna. It is not made for speed. Even a 2003 Camry will beat that highlander. It's a very slow car. I've raced with it.

Highlanders and Forerunners made by Toyota are slow on the road.

I've raced with a Fore runner Lagos-Benin. I've raced Toyota Tundra, Abuja-lokoja. I beat all of them.

In summary, Toyota SUVs aren't made for speed.

Don't ever compare speeds between a car of low Center of gravity with one of high center of gravity.

Compare SUV to SUV.
Sedan to Sedan.
Hatchback to Hatchback.

That your Merc won't see that back of a Passat wagon 2010 or BMW 3 series or even Avalon.
Tell that to the Highlander drivers. And drill it into the skull of Corolla owners....

3 Likes

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by OfficialDJ: 6:44pm On Jun 08, 2021
If you're not a regular car talk member, waiting for me to quote or argue with you is like waiting for Lai mohammed the regurgitated fulani kleptomaniac to speak the truth...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by DAVE5(m): 6:44pm On Jun 08, 2021
yusufu16:

These are not high end car

So there’s safety ratings for high end cars and low end cars

Hmmnn

3 Likes

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by BENEAMATA: 7:17pm On Jun 08, 2021
" awon omo a ji lo MOTOR " ( fast cars )
" a ji gba mayan " ( drugs )
" awon omo mi shooku-shooku " ( and sex )
continuuu . . . . . grin
Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by NovusHomo(m): 7:46pm On Jun 08, 2021
Vickyvice:
Mercedes is the best product on earth. Forget toyota, honda, rolls Royce, buggatti, Bentley e t c. You can't rely on them like even old Benz version when the chips are really down. use Benz for very very long distances,after about an hour firing, Benz go come ask u whether U really really serious say Una dey go somewhere,by then Toyota, Honda, and the rest go don cable their limit finish 50 km ahead of which Una leave the same time you will fully understand. Na then Benz go tell u say na Benz e be. It's rear tyres will first assume "k "shape, By the time all others move the next 60 km, Benz go complete both the difference of 50 km, meet them , and beat all of them. Toyotas are only good for short or distances within town, which isn't what Benz is made for. The longer the distance the better the performance of Benz. in fact, Benz go dey happier. Any Benz u pass on express is either its journey is short or its less than an hr the car enter road. Lastly, Benz alerts by giving signs when a fault is imminent of which u can travel with it without fear, till u fix it

But what kind of wicked soul will decide to race a Toyota Highlander against a Mercedes-Benz CLS 550? You no fear God ni? grin

2 Likes

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by Kay25(m): 8:14pm On Jun 08, 2021
Mercedes is made to bully..seriously

1 Like

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by Henri8: 8:24pm On Jun 08, 2021
Only car that comes close is the Bavarian motor works (BMW) especially the Alpina.

I respect them both.
Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by chronique(m): 8:24pm On Jun 08, 2021
MansoryMX:

He should go and race with a bmw or Audi

I once raced a g63 with my Audi A4 Quattro v6 engine. The car gave a good account of itself until the g63 amg showed why it cost that much in price. grin

9 Likes

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by Henri8: 8:26pm On Jun 08, 2021
dicksonadams:

Bro there is one crazy speed demon car, infinitee can remeber the model number , i think the type owned by HeavenlyBang, there another small but might honda DC V6 manual especially if driven by a driver that know how to handle manual cars well, omo those crazy cars dey humble men like you oh...
You see infiniti cars by Nissan, avoid person wey sabi wela.
Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by ultimateprof: 8:30pm On Jun 08, 2021
If you know that you do not have a car, please gather here let us discuss a way forward!

1 Like

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by Justiceibeikenn: 8:38pm On Jun 08, 2021
OfficialDJ:
refer to this man...
Sigh*

That highlander gave me an invitation to race... I only acted on instincts....
I'm sure he would run away when seeing a mercedes benz of considerable build next time..
Who gives a Bleep about the car being an suv?

If you can fork out 10-12 million naira to get an suv of that magnitude, you can obviously fork out some too to get sense..

He didn't.

So he had to learn...

I raced a Lexus IS350 on Tuesday, and although close, I still dusted it..
I can't spend hundreds of thousands to tune up a car to be bullied on the road.... Never..

Cheers mate cheesy

I love you no homo..don't mind these other guys they are just being jealous..my brother enjoy your life.you worked for it

3 Likes

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by speedfreak(m): 8:43pm On Jun 08, 2021
kingreign:

Lies iro po.
No car can dyno themselves. Forget all those softwares in cars. The real dyno is a machine your car rolls on.
They're very few or even none exist in Nigeria.

Ordinary steering pump wey fail you no fit go fix, radiator and other cooling pipes wey dey leak, you dey patch am.
Let's be honest here, bro you but a pile of crap, I kid you not, I know you wella. You've never met, Edet. You only went to UG wills or state housing and snapped your car where he lodged after dodging to meet him for days.
Brodown.

Low life liar!

Boss, can you please get back to me on this dyno thing? I've gone all through abuja and I haven't found one,maybe theres on here in lagos? Looking towards an engine swap and I would really like to know how much power the car is putting
Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by kingreign(m): 8:48pm On Jun 08, 2021
speedfreak:

Boss, can you please get back to me on this dyno thing? I've gone all through abuja and I haven't found one,maybe theres on here in lagos? Looking towards an engine swap and I would really like to know how much power the car is putting

No dyno in Nigeria the last time I checked.
Dyno is a machine that measures power output of a vehicle.

3 Likes

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by engrchykae(m): 8:52pm On Jun 08, 2021
OfficialDJ:
I've kept the car off for body work and some suspension service..
I've attached a prototype on how the car will look like when finished..
My love for white eh grin
bros I think it's not fair racing an SUV,I think racing Toyota Lexus es 350 or Camry could have been a fair fight.
Anyway if you will subsidize for me to buy 190 I will be glad
Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by speedfreak(m): 8:57pm On Jun 08, 2021
kingreign:

No dyno in Nigeria the last time I checked.
Dyno is a machine that measures power output of a vehicle.
this one sha pain me, even with the huge modding and drifting following nobody has considered actually measuring torque and HP.
Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by scholes23(m): 9:01pm On Jun 08, 2021
OfficialDJ:
i must have hit a nerve...

That other idiot heavenlybang is saying I own a cls500..
Lmao..
Eddee knows and has seen my car.. Stop trying to sound bright. Your iq weighs the same as that of a mustard seed..

My last reply to you two musketeers.. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by Abdulsobur02: 9:27pm On Jun 08, 2021
Damn.[1quote author=Bibina59 post=102516411]When will you come and race with my C43 AMG 4Matic or my BMW 535 xdrive? How could you race with a toyota and praised yourself?

quote author=OfficialDJ post=102396984]I was cruising round town slowly with my car, before i knew it, a 2014 toyota highlander came screeching with high speed, almost scraping my fender... angry

Just maybe..

My cls pic 2 cool[/quote]
Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by unmask: 9:58pm On Jun 08, 2021
OfficialDJ:

Just maybe..

My cls pic 2 cool
*coughs* nice try

Bimmer says hi
Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by unmask: 9:59pm On Jun 08, 2021
Vickyvice:
Bimmer says hi

1 Like

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by naijadrivablog: 10:13pm On Jun 08, 2021
This thread reeks of stupidity, pride, inferiority/superiority complex etc.

Why use a 3.5L V6 to race a 5.5LV8 and you are here bragging angry If I race that Merc with a Bugatti Veyron, would you call it a fair race?

Una de drag on top wetin no go de useful in the next 8yrs.

Better go buy land and build.

OfficialDJ
DJ

2 Likes

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by Odion2016(m): 10:29pm On Jun 08, 2021
All these races on Nigerian roads,, ok oo...Except u dey inside abuja city tho...

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Man Cries Out As Cow Destroys His New Car While The Fulani Herdsmen Look On. / See What This Guy Did To His Toyota Camry Pencil Light / How Driving Through Water Affects Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.