Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? (40350 Views)

My Girlfriend Broke My Heart Because I Want To Follow My Dreams-pls Advise / This Girl I Follow On Instagram Killed Someone Today / How Can I Use Tact To Follow My Student(s) Who Is Into Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jun 07, 2021
omolola100:
My mother advice me never to look for a rich man who is well do whenever i'm set to get married.
she said i should marry a man that we will both start our life from the foundation, according to my mum, she said it is better to suffer with man to acquire wealth, than to go for a ready made soup.

Looking at the way things are going now, do you think a woman will now stoop so low and marry a poor man that is trying to make ends meet? Although, money is not love, but why would a parent wish her daughter to marry a poor man, i am begining to see my mum as a bad mother who does'nt wish me well.
Is it advisable i follow my mothers advice? I should stay in SURULERE instead of OLORUNSOGO.

What are you doing yourself?
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jun 07, 2021
omolola100:
My mother advice me never to look for a rich man who is well do whenever i'm set to get married.
she said i should marry a man that we will both start our life from the foundation, according to my mum, she said it is better to suffer with man to acquire wealth, than to go for a ready made soup.

Looking at the way things are going now, do you think a woman will now stoop so low and marry a poor man that is trying to make ends meet? Although, money is not love, but why would a parent wish her daughter to marry a poor man, i am begining to see my mum as a bad mother who does'nt wish me well.
Is it advisable i follow my mothers advice? I should stay in SURULERE instead of OLORUNSOGO.

Dear ,

Stop seeking advice or advise outside what you believe in.
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Wannabenz: 8:53pm On Jun 07, 2021
The rich man fit use your head for sacrifice. You never can tell.
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by showafrica(m): 8:54pm On Jun 07, 2021
NeeKlaus:

So you feel you are stooping low to marry a struggling man but you don't think a rich man is stooping low to marry you, yes?

A broke woman marrying a very wealthy man = "She's securing the bag. Yassss Queen!"
A comfortable woman marrying a struggling guy = "She's stooping soooo low. Ewww!"

The standards are double these days.

Na so her brain level reach na why the mum dey advise her on time.

1 Like

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by IgboEmir001: 8:54pm On Jun 07, 2021
She no get sense aswel!

erinatso:
Aunty with due respest pls permit me to tel u that u r mad. If nt dat u ar my senior i for tel u say u no get sense
u get mind tel us say ur mum no like u
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jun 07, 2021
omolola100:

Dear ,

Stop seeking for advice or advise outside what you believe in, every human have their own believe system.

If you are a Christian always seek for divine direction not seeking public advise because they would confuse and convince you with whatever they believe in.

1 Like

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by vickydevoka(m): 8:56pm On Jun 07, 2021
omolola100:

i am not rich, but i know i will be great tomorrow.
Looool. Buh u don't want to marry someone that will be great tomorrow. Chai life no balance.
Aunty go and meet Any wealthy man wife let her tell you what she's passing through. If he dies anyday. Na you kill am,there brothers no go gree. Rich people Bleep anything under skirt, the believe money can afford it
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by IgboEmir001: 8:57pm On Jun 07, 2021
omolola100:

Don't go and build yourself, sit there and be looking for a wealthy man. Who won marry liability these days.
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 07, 2021
omolola100:

In addition to what I said,

Your mum won't deceive you, do you know why?

She bore you !
She loved you!
She knows you very well.

Stay alone and digest what your mum told you.
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 9:00pm On Jun 07, 2021
emmaodet:

Bro, why do i think you are kind of pacifying her to marry a man with potential.
Women are not doing any man a favour by sticking with them. If they like make them marry or not, men won't die and life will move on.
Only if you know that most men are also enduring them.
Hardly will you see a nigerian relationship that is balanced.
It is all about what they can gain from men.
Most of the relationship have ever been were a waste of time and resources. I don't fancy it anymore.
How will you date a woman for 3,6 months or a year without nothing to show for it.
You look back, no boxers, no wrist watch, no singlet or wears, sneakers etc NOTHING!!!! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!! and you think i will be proud of such person? Someone i can remember with anything, no hosting me on outing or pool or cinema etc
It is very very very boring.
Love should be give and take.
If you are too broke to buy things for your bf in a relationship, then am sorry you have a misplaced priority.
What you need as a woman then is a job and not a relationship.

Heeeeyyyyyy!!! Where's Pamela? Come and hear talk!
When I told some dudes this sort of (ur) claim, they misinterpreted it with vehemence and contempt. Calling me names....

But come bross, when will Nigerian ladies wake up to this reality? Do you know how they brag about their disdain to contribute finances to a relationship? O my guiness!
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Fluency(m): 9:00pm On Jun 07, 2021
omolola100:

i am not a comfortable woman, that is why i dont feel it is right to marry a struggling man, i am not after money anyway..

So what are you after if not money?
What is it that draft a lady to a rich man other than money?
I will advice you to seek God for His will when it comes to choosing a soul mate. When it comes to marriage, neither intellectual capacity nor academic knowledge is sufficient. You need divine direction!
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jun 07, 2021
IgboEmir001:

Don't go and build yourself, sit there and be looking for a wealthy man. Who won marry liability these days.
grin grin grin
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by deavicky(m): 9:00pm On Jun 07, 2021
omolola100:

ur mother didn’t ask u to marry a poor man, she's only saying money should be a factor to consider when marring. That is a wise advice from a mother who wants her daughter to marry in peace.
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Ikeblessing: 9:07pm On Jun 07, 2021
If rich man and a poor man comes for your hand in marriage, my dear follow your heart.
This calls for wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Shabaleo19: 9:08pm On Jun 07, 2021
Omo some mindsets are sickening, how is your mother's advice ill? Which way Nigerian girls? And how is living in Surulere but not OLORUNSOGO an abomination? It's very clear you don't have the prowess to effect change in a man's life both monetary and otherwise. You should apologise to your Mom for this hypocritical defamation.
omolola100:

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Maobichek: 9:11pm On Jun 07, 2021
omolola100:

i never said he wouldnt been great, i have'nt even introduce anyone to my mum as my fiance, i believe the longest journey in lyf begin with a step.

You truly don't need your mum cos you are already suspecting her.

From what you said so far, no struggling guy will see your smile let alone saying yes to marry him. Pls do what is in your mind which you have stated here already.

Simple advice: peace of mind is more important than rich man and money when it comes to marriage.
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by yusluvad(m): 9:12pm On Jun 07, 2021
Amotolongbo:
If you are already high, you don’t need a man then.

If the men have this mentality of yours, they won’t marry ladies lower than their status.

Your mother made the right statement but you didn’t get the message. She said don’t marry a rich man, she didn’t say marry a poor man. You have run foul of false dilemma, making just only an option to counter your mum’s advice ie any man not rich is poor.

There are men with no material now cos they are currently investing their mental resources to create wealth in the future. Men with potentials, these are kinda men your mum is telling you to marry.
Adding your potential value to compliment these kind of resourceful men to create wealth will earn you a maximum eternal matrimonial respect
Best advice. Your intellects is one of a kind...
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by BigSam13: 9:12pm On Jun 07, 2021
The rich man might chase you out so soon
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by GABRIEL6036: 9:17pm On Jun 07, 2021
Your mum is talking in parables, what she meant is that you should go for an average hard working dude with high capacity/motive of taking good care of you. And you should also contribute to the development of the union both physically and mentally and both of you should pray fervently for growth.

1 Like

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Ufedolove: 9:17pm On Jun 07, 2021
omolola100:

i am not a comfortable woman, that is why i dont feel it is right to marry a struggling man, i am not after money anyway..

I see why you can't stoop so low... Cos you are already too low to stoop any lower.

1 Like

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by obowunmi(m): 9:20pm On Jun 07, 2021
omolola100:

Love does not PAY the bills. Do NOT marry a poor man.

1 Like

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by obowunmi(m): 9:21pm On Jun 07, 2021
Ufedolove:

I see why you can't stoop so low... Cos you are already too low to stoop any lower.

grin grin grin
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Deydontknow(m): 9:23pm On Jun 07, 2021
Hamzaaaaaaaa:

A piece of advice from someone whose father is still a tenant

Bro God bless you aswear you de see road...

Truth be say nah poor girls from very poor background hate broke guys pass... Nah so one de disturb my guy make e marry am make e marry am at the end of the day nah mud house them de live for villa and she lazy still no sabi cook nah only nakinology she sabi

Gracias

2 Likes

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by bepositive11: 9:23pm On Jun 07, 2021
Tony142:

By the time your mother get to old age and u are unable to take good care of her, and she ask u, why are u not sending me money, tell her that the poor man she ask u to marry have not even being able to take care of you not to talk of you having money to send her cheesy

Your mother says that if u want to have peace of mind u should marry a struggling man, that means she is indirectly saying that All poor men gives women peace of mind, while All rich men treat women like trash? That is a wrong generalization

So, never see poor man when dey beat woman abi? There is one poor man close to my house na almost everyday he dey beat his wife, so saying all struggling men give their wife peace of mind is not true

Seeing a rich man to marry is hard, but If u see a rich man that respect you for who you are, marry him

rich guys are few, the probability of u marry a rich guy is very slim, but if u did not see a rich guy u can still marry a man that is comfortable, even if he is not rich atleast he can take good care of a family and support him to grow

Before I go, let me let you know this

The reason your mother marry your father is not because of love, but because she have no other options, if your mother was able to see a rich man to marry when she was dating your father, trust me she for dump your father for the rich man lipsrsealed

Finally, a sensible comment.

OP, you're getting most comments from broke men and bitter women who couldn't find rich or comfortable men themselves.

Not all broke men are good and not all rich men are bad.

If you find a rich or comfortable man who respects you and treats you well, go for him. But be very careful when choosing who to marry.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Coolcalmcollect(m): 9:24pm On Jun 07, 2021
omolola100:

Werey dey find ticket out of poverty.... Lol broke bish get the fork out
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Lilpen3758: 9:29pm On Jun 07, 2021
RPG2020:

You never ready because Men dey do ashawo work
abeg link me na scammers I don dey jam abeg
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Blackdisciple(m): 9:30pm On Jun 07, 2021
Follow your heart..
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by AJmotel: 9:33pm On Jun 07, 2021
If not that am already married. I would have come and see your mother. She is a wise woman.
It's this type of mothers i love to marry. Their daughter. America would have be visa free
Unfortunately. Am married already.

uote author=omolola100 post=102400198]My mother advice me never to look for a rich man who is well do whenever i'm set to get married.

Is it advisable i follow my mothers advice? I should stay in SURULERE instead of OLORUNSOGO.[/quote]
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by lookingfly: 9:36pm On Jun 07, 2021
omolola100:

are you rich or from a rich family? Answer this question and i would tell you what man to pick.
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by darediamond(m): 9:41pm On Jun 07, 2021
emmaodet:

That doesn't mean you are still not dependent.
Can you rent a self contain? Pay utility bills like light(Nepa), dstv etc without banking on a man? Can you get a car for yourself? Build your own house so that you won't sleep under the bridge at your old age or go back to family house?

If you can't, then you are a dependant because those are the things you will be hoping to pile on a man as a pressure.

WORDS OF WISDOM!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by MrJavaS: 9:41pm On Jun 07, 2021
This one is above me. Listen to the elders
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by ikorodureporta: 9:43pm On Jun 07, 2021
In the first instance, what attracts you to somebody shouldn't be his wealth...so that ain't love..
Marry someone you can almost perfectly relate with..

Recently, a girl was so into me, & my neighbours were already calling her my wife...she just zapped to one other wealth flashing guy...but I tell you, that girl isn't happy

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife's Son Proposes To Girlfriend On His Knees. [photos] / Mention One Habit You Can't Tolerate In Your Relationship / My Pre-wedding Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.