Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,398 members, 7,808,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

5 Common Lies Of Real Estate Agents - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 5 Common Lies Of Real Estate Agents (201 Views)

Whatsapp Group For Real Estate Agents / About The Association Of Estate Agents In Nigeria (AEAN) / Top Lies Told By Real Estate Agents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Common Lies Of Real Estate Agents by djtconcept: 1:58pm On Jun 05, 2021
Looking for a good apartment can be very hectic and tiring at times, without the help of a real estate agent. They come in as that intermediary between you and a good apartment which also gives them the opportunity to say all kinds of things to get you to drop your money.

Every real estate agent makes money when the deal is completed, some percentage of the money from the property comes to them, so they put in a lot, to ensure that the deal is completed, even though it means telling a lie.

I once met an agent who was convincing someone to rent a particular apartment that had a lot of repairs to be done. The agent kept saying the house is very good and once he paid everything will be fixed.

The point is once you pay, you will probably have to start prayer and fasting for the repairs to be done.'

Let me share with you 5 common lies of real estate agents

There are other people that like this same property and want to pay for it.

This is very common among estate agents, in short I will say it ranks top among the common lies they tell.

Real estate agents don’t just tell you this lie anyhow they wait until they sense you like the place but some little issues like (repairs, light, bad road and so on) is holding you back from paying then they come in with the lie, that “there are a lot of people on this property , and I don’t want you to miss out on it. You know it is close to where you work and your wife likes it, see my brother I really like you and want the best for you and I will not be happy if some else takes the place”.

We all know in reality that over 70% of the time there is really no other person on the property, but they are just telling you, so you can pay the money.

Once you Pay Everything will be Fixed

This is extremely common with estate agents, they give promises that they know they will not fulfil.

The will tell you “just pay and we will fix the pumping machine, so you don’t have to go fetch water from the well”. 5 months will pass and they are yet to repair the pumping machine.

My advice to every one looking for a property is that “do not rent houses that has a lot of repairs to be done like (fixing the walls, changing the asbestos, fixing the broken windows, changing the water closet). Do your best to avoid such houses, because the cost of repairing the damaged things in the apartment is more than the money you paid to rent the house in the first place. The only exception is , if all repairs is done before you pay them, then you can go ahead to rent it”.

The Landlord is a good Man

Have you ever lived with a problematic landlord/landlady? I don’t wish so for you.

A family friend of mine currently lives in an apartment where his landlady sells water outside the compound for people in the street that don’t have a well in their house to fetch water, so the funny thing is when she pumps the water she would also lock all the tap In the compound which means her tenants cannot fetch water from the tap unless they come outside and fetch from the one assigned to the general public and she would also insist on collecting money from them.

One thing I can tell you for sure is that you can never enjoy your stay in that apartment. Real estate agents will most likely tell you that the landlord is a quiet and gentle man because he wants money.

Other things Agents Lie About

The light in the area is good

The road is very good

What we can pick from this is that, before renting a property make proper inquiry about the apartment, ensure your inspection is top notch, and also be very sensitive when it is time to make payment.

What other lies have you heard from a real estate agent? Share with us in the comment section below.

A fantastic apartment that suits your family is just one click away.

Visit https://integrityhomes.online/ to find the best homes that suits your taste and budget.

#agents, #rentandbuy,#lagos, #ESTATEAGENTS,#integrityhomes,
#homes,
Re: 5 Common Lies Of Real Estate Agents by Xenisha: 10:12am On Jan 26, 2023
When it comes to choosing a property, there are many factors to consider such as location, price, and amenities. However, if you're looking for a location that offers a unique blend of culture, natural beauty, and investment potential, I would tell you check Belize Real Estate. Not only is Belize known for its tropical climate, crystal clear waters and white sandy beaches, but it also offers a diverse range of properties that cater to different needs and budgets. From oceanfront villas to affordable condos and even islands. With a growing tourism industry and a stable economy, Belize offers a great opportunity for those looking for a vacation home or even a rental property. Additionally, the government of Belize offers attractive incentives for foreign buyers, making it even more attractive option for real estate investment. I suggest you to take a look at some of the options available in Belize and see if it's the right fit for you.
Re: 5 Common Lies Of Real Estate Agents by emmapk1: 7:47pm On Feb 05, 2023
Investing in large projects can be beneficial. Featuring different types of real estate options, William wang is property projects in Thailand that is usually equipped with many noteworthy indoor facilities like commercial outlets, eateries, gymnasium and fitness facilities, community halls, daycare centres, healthcare and emergency centres.

(1) (Reply)

Vinyl Pvc ( Wood Floor) In Abuja. Fracan Interior Ltd / Spacious 4bedroom Fully Detached Duplex With BQ For Sale / Ajah And Ibeju Sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.