Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,955 members, 7,799,242 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

Fact Check: Did Twitter Fund #EndSARS Protests As Lai Claimed? - The Cable - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fact Check: Did Twitter Fund #EndSARS Protests As Lai Claimed? - The Cable (35278 Views)

Fact-Check: Did Twitter Claim Ignorance Of Buhari As Nigeria's President? / Buhari Still Petroleum Minister As Lai Mohammed, Ngige, Amaechi Retain Positions / Senate To Confirm More Ministerial Nominees, As Lai, Nanono, Mamman Appear Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fact Check: Did Twitter Fund #EndSARS Protests As Lai Claimed? - The Cable by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 5:40pm On Jun 05, 2021
you should not be allowed to live among humans
sammy329:
angry

Nonsense write up. We all the know the role of twitter during EndSARS protests.

Twitter Nigeria is being run by dangerous people, whose sole objective is to discredit and bring down the government. The bias is too much imagine them looking away from the inciting posts of Terrorist Nnamdi Kanu and then removing the post of the President, because he promised to deal with people that are killing police officers, burning government buildings, raiding and setting prison inmates free.
Re: Fact Check: Did Twitter Fund #EndSARS Protests As Lai Claimed? - The Cable by Elvis778(m): 5:46pm On Jun 05, 2021
Explicit02:
The honest truth is Nigerian government can ban twitter if the legislative (masses spokesperson) deem it fit to ban...not just over the night without due process...

Twitter has the right to remove or ban if u violates its rules and regulations so also the nation can do vice versa....

If a government had designated a group as a terrorist group, Twitter has no justification to allow such groups to propagate their rhetoric via their platform.

If you use America as a case study here u re totally wrong twitter has a full right license to operate in America so far it didn't break America's law so also anyone in America must not break twitter law... Even if jack twits send a wrong signal the message will be removed.

We all know if u write what nairaland mods see as against its rules u will be suspended (ask Nwamaiipke)

Nigeria should follow due process that's my own opinion

U cants use Facebook in China....
And no one crucify China for that
China is a Communist country, they are not practicing democracy....
Re: Fact Check: Did Twitter Fund #EndSARS Protests As Lai Claimed? - The Cable by Trojan8(m): 5:47pm On Jun 05, 2021
stanliwise:
[s][/s]
So bandit killed 66 people today I hope you know?

What has the Government done?
200 student kidnapped!
What has the government done?

Your house is burning, you’re chasing rat
Leave that slowpoke, we are talking about what affects the common man. He's there talking about world order that he has zero idea of. Even if there's a world order, it's an irrelevant buffoon like him that would be the point of interest. Med oh.
Re: Fact Check: Did Twitter Fund #EndSARS Protests As Lai Claimed? - The Cable by ogwumgbe: 5:47pm On Jun 05, 2021
sammy329:
angry

Twitter Nigeria is being run by dangerous people, whose sole objective is to discredit and bring down the government. The bias is too much imagine them looking away from the inciting posts of Terrorist Nnamdi Kanu and then removing the post of the President, because he promised to deal with people that are killing police officers, burning government buildings, raiding and setting prison inmates free.

Jack is not in support of dictatorship, he knows that MNK is just fight against dictatorial regime that's why twitter allowed his platform to be used for such purpose.
Re: Fact Check: Did Twitter Fund #EndSARS Protests As Lai Claimed? - The Cable by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 05, 2021
OnionBandit:

Dem say cleric burn, you dey ask of him beards.

Has he not funded endSARS by so doing? Why are there too many dumb people from this side like this? What exactly is Jack's business in the first place? You think his calling for donation on behalf of whatever won't make a huge difference? It's just like the referee of a football match coaching your opponent during a game.

Why in amadioha name should jack be on the govt side if he decides to pick a side.
Jack deep interest or concern over nigeria calls for no worry, what could he possibly gain, apparently from where he stands we are the ones that need him. is it naija oil money jack want or he wants to president of naija someday. twitter believes in freedom & civil right, therefore jack position is in accordance.
Re: Fact Check: Did Twitter Fund #EndSARS Protests As Lai Claimed? - The Cable by blackmaine: 5:56pm On Jun 05, 2021
sammy329:
angry

You're a Big Fool bro, we are the youth of this country and the future generations of this country so our voices must be heard , you think the owner is a kind of uncivilized person like you and your cohorts who wants Nigeria to remain an uncivilized entity so you people would be benefitting from it..No ...No ..No, look an average white knows how satanic the Nigerian Government are , your Stories have gone all over the world, coming to your comment against Nnamdi, the police have been brutalizing people for years now..see bro Karma is real and when it comes you can not run away from it, you think everything happening now is not for a reason, if you think so you're too blind to reason like a leader, things have totally gone wrong let's be realistic here, some people wants to remain in power to the detriment of others, Is your president infallible? That's a Genocide comment so to speak, So it doesn't deserve to be up there
Re: Fact Check: Did Twitter Fund #EndSARS Protests As Lai Claimed? - The Cable by blackmaine: 6:07pm On Jun 05, 2021
Explicit02:
The honest truth is Nigerian government can ban twitter if the legislative (masses spokesperson) deem it fit to ban...not just over the night without due process...

Twitter has the right to remove or ban if u violates its rules and regulations so also the nation can do vice versa....

If a government had designated a group as a terrorist group, Twitter has no justification to allow such groups to propagate their rhetoric via their platform.

If you use America as a case study here u re totally wrong twitter has a full right license to operate in America so far it didn't break America's law so also anyone in America must not break twitter law... Even if jack twits send a wrong signal the message will be removed.

We all know if u write what nairaland mods see as against its rules u will be suspended (ask Nwamaiipke)

See bro ipob is not a terrorist group, Can you say what qualify a group to be tagged a terrorist organization, your Government called them terrorist group because they want a self rule there by castigating the Government of Nigeria , it's only in Nigeria that ipob is tagged a Terrorist group could you just imagine..they should write to Security Council in UN, so brother make use of your senses, ipob is registered in UK mind you, you went to UK for them to revoke Nnadi citizenship , what did they tell you?
Re: Fact Check: Did Twitter Fund #EndSARS Protests As Lai Claimed? - The Cable by WorldRichest: 6:07pm On Jun 05, 2021
AGNESikpuNNU:
U dey mind that pussy-faced Prehistoric Lynosaur.
Thieving grumpy grandpas all over the place

I think it is hunger that causes this type of big grammars.
Re: Fact Check: Did Twitter Fund #EndSARS Protests As Lai Claimed? - The Cable by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 05, 2021
Susu888:

That's your only take??

I don't engage with prisoners of the black box nd media.

You don't know half of what is going on around you because your brain has been numbed.

Go back to sleep as my post if for those of us who are awake nd can clearly see the reality of what is goin on around us.

I will suggest you listen to immortal technique as an appetizer, hopefully it makes you hungry for more truth.

Do your research on the New World Order, who established nd runs the U.N? W.H.O ?
The I. M. F nd I.C.C
What is the purpose of Hollywood nd why was it named that?

Read about subconscious programming of the human brain!

Read nigga read!!

Will you shut that thing you call a brain, if nigeria fail to exist today what does it add to america .. you keep spewing nonsense about hidden agenda as if our own govt have any visible good agenda.
America is trying to disunite us, save all those crap for ur village people in the last 6yrs of buhari tenure what as that incompetent fool done to unite nigerians.
with economy hardship & lost of lives on a daily why do any nigeria need instigation to speak out or soro soke. why do i need UN one dollar b4 i speak or agitate over what affect my life directly. you are a disgrace to ur academic qualification
Re: Fact Check: Did Twitter Fund #EndSARS Protests As Lai Claimed? - The Cable by Emir01: 6:14pm On Jun 05, 2021
oloriooko:
So suddenly some gullibles are starting to consider Lai's statement worthy?
When shall we learn in this country?!

Am not cool with their roles even the country is not doing fine. Every politics is local. This government will go and another will come . Country shud be though atimes. Even if Nigeria will not exist again I still don't support their role, it's wrong. If we are ready this country will change I strongly bliv. Developing countries are too fragile for the type of Yankee system.
Re: Fact Check: Did Twitter Fund #EndSARS Protests As Lai Claimed? - The Cable by Luu40: 6:18pm On Jun 05, 2021
Twitter has a history of breeding and funding cyber dissidents
Re: Fact Check: Did Twitter Fund #EndSARS Protests As Lai Claimed? - The Cable by Shokoloko(f): 6:18pm On Jun 05, 2021
OnionBandit:

Dem say cleric burn, you dey ask of him beards.

Has he not funded endSARS by so doing? Why are there too many dumb people from this side like this? What exactly is Jack's business in the first place? You think his calling for donation on behalf of whatever won't make a huge difference? It's just like the referee of a football match coaching your opponent during a game.

Calling for donations to be given to someone is very different from funding the person yourself
Re: Fact Check: Did Twitter Fund #EndSARS Protests As Lai Claimed? - The Cable by tempusfugit: 6:24pm On Jun 05, 2021
Lol Twitter doesn't condone, lol so Nigeria should respect Twitter law ahahah
HazzanTazzan:

Whatever way you translate the post, it’s a direct threat...

Twitter doesn’t condone that as stated in their policy...

Why is it a big deal that Twitter deleted it?

Didn’t Twitter close trump’s account for saying less ?
Re: Fact Check: Did Twitter Fund #EndSARS Protests As Lai Claimed? - The Cable by Emir01: 6:27pm On Jun 05, 2021
Shokoloko:

Calling for donations to be given to someone is very different from funding the person yourself

Baba is still wrong. Forget Nigeria as a case study. It's a state affair. If their successful for instance they can also be used to influence voters and upturn government in the future. They shud be totally Neutral. My opinion though.
Re: Fact Check: Did Twitter Fund #EndSARS Protests As Lai Claimed? - The Cable by bubu2019: 6:36pm On Jun 05, 2021
sammy329:
angry

Kikikikiki

Sivia pain
Re: Fact Check: Did Twitter Fund #EndSARS Protests As Lai Claimed? - The Cable by AGNESikpuNNU(f): 6:39pm On Jun 05, 2021
WorldRichest:

I think it is hunger that causes this type of big grammars.
Warefa
Re: Fact Check: Did Twitter Fund #EndSARS Protests As Lai Claimed? - The Cable by meobizy(f): 6:45pm On Jun 05, 2021
Nairaland conspiracy of the day.
Re: Fact Check: Did Twitter Fund #EndSARS Protests As Lai Claimed? - The Cable by Aytiny15: 6:47pm On Jun 05, 2021
See lack Mohammed and Gambari shau eh ����� they are ghost in day light.
Re: Fact Check: Did Twitter Fund #EndSARS Protests As Lai Claimed? - The Cable by Mrquote: 7:01pm On Jun 05, 2021
[quote author=sammy329 post=102407168][/quote]
IF I WANTED TO KILL MYSELF, I WOULD CLIMB TO THE NUMBER OF YOUR CHROMOSOMES AND THEN JUMP TO YOUR IQ.
Re: Fact Check: Did Twitter Fund #EndSARS Protests As Lai Claimed? - The Cable by Mrquote: 7:01pm On Jun 05, 2021
[quote author=sammy329 post=102407168][/quote]IF I WANTED TO KILL MYSELF, I WOULD CLIMB TO THE NUMBER OF YOUR CHROMOSOMES AND THEN JUMP TO YOUR IQ.
Re: Fact Check: Did Twitter Fund #EndSARS Protests As Lai Claimed? - The Cable by ChoCho54(f): 7:04pm On Jun 05, 2021
OnionBandit:
chocho, warn yaself! Be kiaful..don't invoke the wrath of Chukwu Okike Abiama upon yaself

Pedophilia tendencies...

Alapatinrin!

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did Twitter Fund #EndSARS Protests As Lai Claimed? - The Cable by Goldbw122(m): 7:08pm On Jun 05, 2021
Can we believe a lie?
Re: Fact Check: Did Twitter Fund #EndSARS Protests As Lai Claimed? - The Cable by blaise26abj(m): 7:15pm On Jun 05, 2021
ogwumgbe:

Jack is not in support of dictatorship, he knows that MNK is just fight against dictatorial regime that's why twitter allowed his platform to be used for such purpose.

Kanu’s rhetorics are also as bad as buhari’s . Let’s call a spade a spade . I think Twitter should have removed some of Kanu’s comments too . Now notwithstanding, banning a platform that has other great uses because of a deleted post is terrible judgement . Buhari keeps showing that he only shows strength on the weak (“kind bully”) and cowers when the opposition shows considerable strength . I wish he can somehow leave or resign before the end of his tenure . The whole country is tired of him
Re: Fact Check: Did Twitter Fund #EndSARS Protests As Lai Claimed? - The Cable by ukahrawah: 7:17pm On Jun 05, 2021
sammy329:
angry

How do you bring down a govt that's down already?

Why is he who is down afraid to fall again?

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did Twitter Fund #EndSARS Protests As Lai Claimed? - The Cable by lexy2014: 8:17pm On Jun 05, 2021
Susu888:
That's how the west has been meddling in affairs of many countries.

Many of naija youths are too stupid to know what's up!

It is on record by former CIA directors that the CIA meddles nd infact sabotages regimes that are against their interests all in the name of American foreign policy.

African youths should stop acting like the monkeys westerners perceive us to be.... If they don't respect you country then be damn sure they don't give a fvck about you.

Its all about controlling how you think, how you act, subconscious programming of the human brain......we to them are nothing but pests that should be eliminated because of our populations!

Best way for them to eliminate us without having to expose their hand is by instigating nd flaming conflicts, supporting anti state actors under the guise of freedom of speech!!! We will turn on ourselves nd kill each other while they send arms nd logistics to both sides. They will fake their concern on in media while laughing at our stupidity behind our backs.

Till when will African youths get sense??
Freedom of speech nd human rights is a stale excuse that has been used for so long its astonishing simple minded youths still fall for it. Even Americans themselves know its bullshit.

All the west is working for is a New World Order!!

Wake up Africans, don't let them tell you what to think else you're done for.

Pls what are ur fundamental rights as a Nigerian citizen? What are those things u are entitled to as a Nigerian? Have u received them from d govt and politicians who are supposed to provide these things for u? What have u done to ensure that d govt/politicians give u what u are entitled to as a human being and then as a Nigerian citizen? If u can't tackle d govt/politicians who oppress u daily and that u see every day, how then do u want to tackle CIA that is beyond ur reach?
Re: Fact Check: Did Twitter Fund #EndSARS Protests As Lai Claimed? - The Cable by Safemoon: 8:18pm On Jun 05, 2021
Explicit02:

Twitter is no gutter media that worships brown envelope .

The IPOB the dullard and his collaborators designated "terror" group were cleared allover the world as a legitimate peaceful and non violent afreedom fighters.

You guys are so dumb to fall into every trap prepared for you.
Re: Fact Check: Did Twitter Fund #EndSARS Protests As Lai Claimed? - The Cable by SonOfTheRisingS: 8:20pm On Jun 05, 2021
It is now cleared that it was Nigerian government and Britain and Nigerian politicans sponsored the shooters of endsars protesters.

Re: Fact Check: Did Twitter Fund #EndSARS Protests As Lai Claimed? - The Cable by lexy2014: 8:20pm On Jun 05, 2021
tempusfugit:
For me majority Nigerian youths re bunch of monkeys, perhaps some species of monkey displays more intellectual capabilities than them, to be sincere, To be president of Nigeria is very difficult task , a country where 90 percent of the population refuses to uses their brain, I listen to buhari words with open mind, he siad nothing bad and he wasn't violent, for Twitter to delete, is strange!! They even remuove the part when he siad in 30 months in field they were killing themselves, as far am concern the ban should be forever

If Twitter could ban Trump d president of d US where Twitter is headquartered, why does buhari think he is so important that his tweet can't be and should be deleted? is buhari not already a bigger threat to nigerias corporate existence than Twitter?

NB: am sure u are also a Nigerian youth
Re: Fact Check: Did Twitter Fund #EndSARS Protests As Lai Claimed? - The Cable by BbqTormentor: 8:23pm On Jun 05, 2021
Susu888:
That's how the west has been meddling in affairs of many countries.

Many of naija youths are too stupid to know what's up!

It is on record by former CIA directors that the CIA meddles nd infact sabotages regimes that are against their interests all in the name of American foreign policy.

African youths should stop acting like the monkeys westerners perceive us to be.... If they don't respect you country then be damn sure they don't give a fvck about you.

Its all about controlling how you think, how you act, subconscious programming of the human brain......we to them are nothing but pests that should be eliminated because of our populations!

Best way for them to eliminate us without having to expose their hand is by instigating nd flaming conflicts, supporting anti state actors under the guise of freedom of speech!!! We will turn on ourselves nd kill each other while they send arms nd logistics to both sides. They will fake their concern on in media while laughing at our stupidity behind our backs.

Till when will African youths get sense??
Freedom of speech nd human rights is a stale excuse that has been used for so long its astonishing simple minded youths still fall for it. Even Americans themselves know its bullshit.

All the west is working for is a New World Order!!

Wake up Africans, don't let them tell you what to think else you're done for.
Everytime west did this west did that. African Leaders are always using people like you to blame the west for their incompetence corruption and tyranny. Nonsense
Re: Fact Check: Did Twitter Fund #EndSARS Protests As Lai Claimed? - The Cable by Babinski: 8:31pm On Jun 05, 2021
nony43:
Northern Nigerian Muslims are a big disgrace to Nigeria they are yet to lend their voices to this, all these Arewa, Arewa youths, northern elders have all hidden their faces. When you have Malami, Femi Adesina, lai Mohammed, Garba shehu, pantami in govt how could this nation make progress? Clueless people from the north. When it is a southern issue they start vibrating and pee in their pants By the mention of divide this country an average northern becomes restless. MY QUESTION IS WHY IS THE NORTHERN AFRAID OF DIVISION? I was ashamed watching this news on Al- jazerra.

The people who bring the least to the table but enjoy the most are understandably the most reluctant to allow any change to the status quo. Separated from Nigeria, the North has no brighter future than the one already displayed by its counterparts in Niger and Chad. That is the reality.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft / Governor Oshiomole And Wife Postpone Honeymoon / Udom Emmanuel Emerges Chairman Of Southeast-Southsouth Governors’ Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.