Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

Presidential Statement On Twitter Suspension In Nigeria By Garba Shehu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Statement On Twitter Suspension In Nigeria By Garba Shehu (49381 Views)

One Hundred Days After Buhari - By Garba Shehu. / United States: Twitter's Suspension In Nigeria Is A Violation Of Human Rights / President Buhari, WAEC, Pdp’s Toxic Air By Garba Shehu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Statement On Twitter Suspension In Nigeria By Garba Shehu by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 05, 2021

1 Like

Re: Presidential Statement On Twitter Suspension In Nigeria By Garba Shehu by Henon: 8:41pm On Jun 05, 2021
They idiotss should have cow wee wee, why facebook that committed thesame crime with twitter.
Re: Presidential Statement On Twitter Suspension In Nigeria By Garba Shehu by Civilengineer: 8:42pm On Jun 05, 2021
I support the Twitter ban. U can't disregard or disrespect my father in my presence even though he's wrong. One computer science programmer can't just sit and decide what the president of a nation should do. On that hate and tribalism promotion, nairaland should be next if Seun refuse to permanently remove some meatheads in nairaland.
Re: Presidential Statement On Twitter Suspension In Nigeria By Garba Shehu by pickatyouu: 8:42pm On Jun 05, 2021
Buhari is a fool and a terrorist. That's the summary of all this epistle
Re: Presidential Statement On Twitter Suspension In Nigeria By Garba Shehu by Kultee(f): 8:43pm On Jun 05, 2021
Wahala everywhere
Re: Presidential Statement On Twitter Suspension In Nigeria By Garba Shehu by 9jaPromo(f): 8:43pm On Jun 05, 2021
Jamesbally:
same to you grin
Re: Presidential Statement On Twitter Suspension In Nigeria By Garba Shehu by Onepeople: 8:43pm On Jun 05, 2021
fiizznation:
The suspension shouldn't be temporary but permanent!!!
the nonsense will end immediately the idiot vacate the site of government. So that reasonable Nigerians can rest from the activities of paid cretins like you.
Re: Presidential Statement On Twitter Suspension In Nigeria By Garba Shehu by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jun 05, 2021
madridguy:
IPOB is proscribed under Nigerian law. Its members murder innocent Nigerians. They kill policemen and set government property on fire. Now, they have amassed a substantial stockpile of weapons and bombs across the country.

Twitter does not seem to appreciate the national trauma of our country's civil war. This government shall not allow a recurrence of that tragedy.

God bless president Asadullahi Buhari
Laughing you to stupor!

Re: Presidential Statement On Twitter Suspension In Nigeria By Garba Shehu by henryobinna(m): 8:43pm On Jun 05, 2021
seunmsg:
This message should have been issued since yesterday. It explains a lot. Those who are hellbent on misunderstandings the position of FG will still do so no matter the explanation. However, for those with open minds, it explains a lot.

Hopefully, Twitter will start playing by the rules of common sense and stop supporting terrorism against Nigeria. The Twitter ban is an anomaly but a necessary evil. I hope it’s lifted as soon as possible.

For me, it’s Nigeria first. I will never put an irresponsible big tech company from an imperialist country over the corporate existence of my country.
if you have sense you'd see this is a poorly constructed damage control. But don't worry, I know your history on the forum.

Never was the deleted tweet targeted at IPOB or Nnamdi Kanu. Listen we're not fools in this country if you and other followers of the president are not smart enough to read and understand his tweets it's your problem. But the very vast majority of Nigeria are not daft. We see it all and understand for a tiger does not change or lose its stripes. We know a murderer when we see one.

This is not the first time he's making similar statements.
Re: Presidential Statement On Twitter Suspension In Nigeria By Garba Shehu by AnanseK(m): 8:44pm On Jun 05, 2021
[b]*TWITTER VS. FGN*

In 2020, India banned over 60 Chinese apps including tiktok yet its citizens never came for the government's neck. We are a sovereign nation, we should not be ruled by foreign business entities.

Twitter is not food, Nigerians should thank the government instead, because these are imported apps used to indirectly undermine our independence, subvert our sovereignty, milk our earnings and make us overdependant as well as enslave us.

Twitter as a business entity should know better than to bite the hand that feeds it... They need you more than you need them and yet they are so brazen and flagrant about the affairs of those who kept them in business. Any Nigerian that is so willing to participate in modern day slavery can relocate elsewhere.

This is just the beginning, next we will severe our Naira from the evil umbilical cord of foreign currencies, by banning importation of all luxury items, especially from the US. This is show of power, a test of sovereignty and you should be ashamed for dragging your government over this.

And don't give me the crap about "I use twitter for my business" because it is twitter that use you and your business for their business. there're 99 other ways to advertise your business.

Some of you cannot even breathe successfully without tweeting, your addiction will either kill you or you kill it. It is time to face the music. Other social medium will take a cue from this incident and learn to respect one of the largest social media market in the world.

I know you may want to argue that Donald Trump never sanctioned Twitter when he had issues with them. Yes! because he couldn't afford to, he couldn't because twitter adds to the GDP of US, whereas it adds zilch to our GDP.

India as mentioned above was once upon a time, one of the largest consumer of tiktok before their government ban it totally since 2020.

This will serve as warning to other entities who have reposed allodial powers upon themselves, who have become the jury as well as the judge. America need Nigeria more than we need them. We'll cut them off like a cancer if the need arise, drastic situation calls for drastic measures.

Who is bleeding now... who is the boss? you deleted his post without fair hearing, he banned your money milking, money draining, secret leaking spy venture without a second thought.

I have never been more proud of my President. I am deactivating my twitter account henceforth solidarity to my President, suspension or not. Let's bleed and shrink their robust account balance to size.

Contrary to popular belief, including myself as a layman in telecommunication I must add. Twitter server does not have to be domiciled in Nigeria before the country can have the power to suspend its operation within its border. All that is needed is to nullify the app on all spectrums. Facebook server was not domiciled in China, but one cannot access Facebook therein.

Considering the size of twitter as one of the juggernauts in the world today, one might be inclined to ask: Was the action of the Nigerian government illegal?

The Answer is an outright, No! This move was carried out by the Association of Licensed Telecommunication Operators of Nigeria (ALTON) who received formal instructions from the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), the industry regulator to suspend access to Twitter,”

ALTON having conducted a robust assessment of the request in accordance with internationally accepted principles and based on national interest provisions in the *Nigerian Communications Act, 2003* , and within the licence terms under which the industry operates; acted in compliance with the directives of the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) the industry regulator.⁣

This is not a one off occurrence in the world as countries like; Egypt, China, Turkey and Turkmenistan have officially blocked Twitter before us.

You see, Twitter app was "prejudicial to sovereignty and integrity of Nigeria, its defence, security of state and public order."

Dear Twitterzens, remember where lies your allegiance. You are a Nigerian first before anything.... be loyal, be proud and be patriotic.

#istandwithFGN.

*S.U Garba, Esq*

[/b]
Re: Presidential Statement On Twitter Suspension In Nigeria By Garba Shehu by pickatyouu: 8:44pm On Jun 05, 2021
Civilengineer:
I support the Twitter ban. U can't disregard or disrespect my father in my presence even though he's wrong. One computer science programmer can't just sit and decide what the president of a nation should do. On that hate and tribalism promotion, nairaland should be next if Seun refuse to permanently remove some meatheads in nairaland.

If your father is a fool and keeps misbehaving and you want to support him. What will consume him will consume you too. Deliver yourself from mental slavery and nepotism.

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Statement On Twitter Suspension In Nigeria By Garba Shehu by Civilengineer: 8:45pm On Jun 05, 2021
meobizy:
Day two of Nigerians without Twitter. Let’s see how tomorrow goes. Foolish Nairaland with zero content. This forum has survived long enough to have writers and amateur reporters on its payroll.
the user interface is enough for it to be banned like Twitter, nairaland has made almost everyone know a thing or two about programming. Imagine u click bold and brackets are all over the notepad. I will read 5lives on quora i will instantly be fulfilled but nairaland is fill with click baits.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Statement On Twitter Suspension In Nigeria By Garba Shehu by Eriokanmi: 8:46pm On Jun 05, 2021
sammy329:
Twitter suspension in Nigeria is long overdue smiley

The FG can't allow that American app to keep promoting anarchy.

illiteracy is a disease. Get education

1 Like

Re: Presidential Statement On Twitter Suspension In Nigeria By Garba Shehu by jcross19: 8:47pm On Jun 05, 2021
madridguy:
IPOB is proscribed under Nigerian law. Its members murder innocent Nigerians. They kill policemen and set government property on fire. Now, they have amassed a substantial stockpile of weapons and bombs across the country.

Twitter does not seem to appreciate the national trauma of our country's civil war. This government shall not allow a recurrence of that tragedy.

I thought hate speech is a crime? So your president is clown!!.
Re: Presidential Statement On Twitter Suspension In Nigeria By Garba Shehu by vankaid: 8:47pm On Jun 05, 2021
sammy329:
Twitter suspension in Nigeria is long overdue smiley

The FG can't allow that American app to keep promoting anarchy.

Guy, you are on overtime these days.

This your "government work" no be mai mai.

You no go ask for a raise? Dem tell you say dem go ban Twitter before dem employ you?

Now you can't sleep again. On your keyboard 24/7 grin

3 Likes

Re: Presidential Statement On Twitter Suspension In Nigeria By Garba Shehu by Sonoyom(m): 8:47pm On Jun 05, 2021
The vegetable is talking about massacre in New Zealand meanwhile he is the president of a slaughter corn3, the foolishness of the people in power today is legendry, their supporters are without brain.
Re: Presidential Statement On Twitter Suspension In Nigeria By Garba Shehu by madridguy(m): 8:47pm On Jun 05, 2021
Meaning?

PraiseGodNoTime:
Laughing you to stupor!
Re: Presidential Statement On Twitter Suspension In Nigeria By Garba Shehu by AnanseK(m): 8:48pm On Jun 05, 2021
Twitter is not food, Nigerians should thank the government instead, because these are imported apps used to indirectly undermine our independence, subvert our sovereignty, milk our earnings and make us overdependant as well as enslave us.
Re: Presidential Statement On Twitter Suspension In Nigeria By Garba Shehu by Blessedassuranc(f): 8:48pm On Jun 05, 2021
seunmsg:
This message should have been issued since yesterday. It explains a lot. Those who are hellbent on misunderstandings the position of FG will still do so no matter the explanation. However, for those with open minds, it explains a lot.

Hopefully, Twitter will start playing by the rules of common sense and stop supporting terrorism against Nigeria. The Twitter ban is an anomaly but a necessary evil. I hope it’s lifted as soon as possible.

For me, it’s Nigeria first. I will never put an irresponsible big tech company from an imperialist country over the corporate existence of my country.

You have always being talking rubbish.. YOUR PLANS HAVE ALL FAILED. DOPEMU

1 Like

Re: Presidential Statement On Twitter Suspension In Nigeria By Garba Shehu by Civilengineer: 8:48pm On Jun 05, 2021
pickatyouu:

If your father is a fool and keeps misbehaving and you want to support him. What will consume him will consume you too. Deliver yourself from mental slavery and nepotism.
u see what i mean, meatheads like yours shouldn't have access to the internet. In as much as i hate buhari he is the president of a very bug nation, how's he treated reflects how its citizens will be treated overseas too. Twitter can do those to their likes but its time blacks start telling the whites we can't concede slavery for the second time.
Re: Presidential Statement On Twitter Suspension In Nigeria By Garba Shehu by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 05, 2021
[s]
festacman:
The fact is that the deleted Buhari's tweet that referenced the civil war tragedies didn't hit directly at Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB or ESN if they were the targets. No, it didn't. It pointedly hit the sensibilities of generality of Igbo race in particular and other non-northern ethnic nationalities in general.

In as much as every Igbo person dreams of an equitable Nigeria or preferably realization of the Promised Land, Biafra, the truth is that not every Igbo agree with Nnamdi Kanu's views or methods.

In any case, the Commander-in-Chief didn't have to make a boastful statement to enthrone security and enforce order in South East. He just needed to do the needful: give routine orders and give critical approvals.

However, truth be told, just like Buhari's tweet was deleted, some of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu's tweets deserve to be deleted. But I guess FG has to make representations to Twitter about that.
[/s] To Dustin! Before you start using social media, you must read their terms and conditions and policies and usages which Nigerian illiterates like you and Buhari's supporters don't do.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Statement On Twitter Suspension In Nigeria By Garba Shehu by Blessedassuranc(f): 8:49pm On Jun 05, 2021
Vickym1:
Social media bill is about to play out

It ll NEVER fly and they knkw that
Re: Presidential Statement On Twitter Suspension In Nigeria By Garba Shehu by Cryptodegen: 8:49pm On Jun 05, 2021
mike8804:
another BMC(Buhari media cow) spotted, always following buhari their herdsman to anywhere he goes.

Actually they are the cattles and buhari is their herdsman
Re: Presidential Statement On Twitter Suspension In Nigeria By Garba Shehu by AnanseK(m): 8:49pm On Jun 05, 2021
Twitter as a business entity should know better than to bite the hand that feeds it... They need you more than you need them and yet they are so brazen and flagrant about the affairs of those who kept them in business. Any Nigerian that is so willing to participate in modern day slavery can relocate elsewhere.
Re: Presidential Statement On Twitter Suspension In Nigeria By Garba Shehu by henryobinna(m): 8:49pm On Jun 05, 2021
fitzmayowa :

The president of a country should be a unifying figure and not one that propagate contempt for a particular section of the country, it beats my imagination how our so called enlightened peeps here are comparing Buhari a president to Nnamdi Kanu who is a non state actor as regards post on Twitter.....

Exactly! This is to show you that majority went to university but are not educated enough to think things through.

They expect the same standard from a president and a secessionist. Like, they want a secessionist to act as their president. Isn't that surprising?

Nigerians should hold their president accountable for all he and not compare him to a run away secessionist. But alas, they don't have sense.

If not for the presidency's sheer wickedness and hate for Igbos, there's little to no relationship between his tweet that implicitly promised war on Igbos and one that's targeted at IPOB. It's a well known fact that he's always declared himself as an enemy to Igbos. So, all these damage control serves no useful purpose.

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Statement On Twitter Suspension In Nigeria By Garba Shehu by madridguy(m): 8:50pm On Jun 05, 2021
And your president is who?

jcross19:
I thought hate speech is a crime? So your president is clown!!.
Re: Presidential Statement On Twitter Suspension In Nigeria By Garba Shehu by Zetty177x: 8:50pm On Jun 05, 2021
I'm not reading this pooh

1 Like

Re: Presidential Statement On Twitter Suspension In Nigeria By Garba Shehu by Mrquote: 8:50pm On Jun 05, 2021
seunmsg:

I still stand a chance with Nigeria so It’s debatable. However, I’m 100% sure Twitter will never put me first over anything that has to do with America’s interest or the interest of any America citizen.
Lol you are comparing Nigeria and Twitter. I WOULD ASK HOW OLD YOU ARE, BUT I KNOW YOU CAN'T COUNT THAT HIGH.
Re: Presidential Statement On Twitter Suspension In Nigeria By Garba Shehu by AnanseK(m): 8:51pm On Jun 05, 2021
Some of you cannot even breathe successfully without tweeting, your addiction will either kill you or you kill it. It is time to face the music. Other social medium will take a cue from this incident and learn to respect one of the largest social media market in the world.
Re: Presidential Statement On Twitter Suspension In Nigeria By Garba Shehu by kechywillz(m): 8:51pm On Jun 05, 2021
madridguy:

but you didn't say what soldiers did to unarmed protesting ipob members as at 2017,what happened to does ipob members in detention across the south eastern states as at 2017-2020,they were extra judicially killed by nigerian army and police force. What about innocent students killed in owerri of lately by Nigerian military instead going after unknown gunmen? Why haven't you said anything about it? Till you give me valid points ,Nigerian military who aide Fulani terrorist to commit atrocity against innocent farmers and rape peoples mothers and fathers,you are a hypocrite

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

President Jonathan Visits Pastor Adeboye (photo) / The North Is Not Ready For The Truth - Sheikh Ahmed Gumi / Nnamdi Kanu Apologises To Inspector Okon Over Threat To His Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.