Stats: 3,149,710 members, 7,805,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

Seyi Makinde: You Cannot Use Religious Sentiments to Divide Oyo Residents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seyi Makinde: You Cannot Use Religious Sentiments to Divide Oyo Residents (18309 Views)

Oyo Residents Await Tinubu's Presidential Campaign Team (Video, Pictures) / El-Rufai To Makinde: You Are A Good Governor. It’d Be Tough For APC To Defeat Yo / COAS: The 24 Army Officers Buhari Bypassed Over Ethnic, Religious Sentiments- SR (2) (3) (4)

Seyi Makinde: You Cannot Use Religious Sentiments to Divide Oyo Residents by Philipponzaghi: 8:53pm On Jun 05, 2021
Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State has said that no one can use religious sentiments to divide residents of the State.

Makinde made this disclosure when former Emir of Kano, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi visited him in Ibadan, the state capital.

DAILY POST recalls that Sanusi is a former Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria.

The former CBN Governor is now the head of Tijaniyya Islamic movement in Nigeria.

Makinde, while receiving his guest on Saturday in Ibadan, warned critics of his government to look for other things instead of using religious sentiments to divide the state.

He then advised those who think they can create divisions among residents of the state using religion should look for better things to do.

He added that it is not possible to use religious sentiments to create division in the state.

Makinde while speaking further praised the former Emir for the role he is playing to unite citizens of the country.

He praised Sanusi, for being courageous to champion the course of peace and unity in the country.

He said, “In the South-West, we are so interconnected religious-wise that there is no family you won’t see a Muslim or a Christian in there.

“It, therefore, comes to nothing for any vested interest to want to divide us using religion.

“I usually tell my people here that those who think they can create divisions among us using religion should look for better things to do because it will not work here.

“Just as we in Yorubaland have learnt to live peacefully together, I will recommend that you preach religious harmony to all parts of Nigeria, because that is a win-win situation for us all.

“As you journey through the country, preaching peace, in your role as leader of the Tijanniya Islamic Sect, please endeavour to always impress it on our people to imbibe religious harmony.”
https://dailypost.ng/2021/06/05/you-cannot-use-religious-sentiments-to-divide-oyo-residents-makinde-tells-critics/

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde: You Cannot Use Religious Sentiments to Divide Oyo Residents by Xscape1993(m): 8:57pm On Jun 05, 2021
Well said my G.S.M. Majority of Nigerians are too religious. There are few true worshippers of God today in this part of world because we hold tight to the traditions and practices of our religion and not the practice of God.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde: You Cannot Use Religious Sentiments to Divide Oyo Residents by Coldshisha: 9:01pm On Jun 05, 2021
Truth

It's silly hearing such online

Re: Seyi Makinde: You Cannot Use Religious Sentiments to Divide Oyo Residents by Grace001: 9:03pm On Jun 05, 2021
Kole work

Re: Seyi Makinde: You Cannot Use Religious Sentiments to Divide Oyo Residents by Unik3030: 9:15pm On Jun 05, 2021
I hope all those children of hate n perdition that shout Yoruba Muslim can now rest

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde: You Cannot Use Religious Sentiments to Divide Oyo Residents by mike8804: 9:15pm On Jun 05, 2021
Re: Seyi Makinde: You Cannot Use Religious Sentiments to Divide Oyo Residents by Bola146(f): 9:16pm On Jun 05, 2021
I pray they will be glad hearing this grin grin

Re: Seyi Makinde: You Cannot Use Religious Sentiments to Divide Oyo Residents by mike8804: 9:20pm On Jun 05, 2021
Philipponzaghi:
Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State has said that no one can use religious sentiments to divide residents of the State.

Makinde made this disclosure when former Emir of Kano, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi visited him in Ibadan, the state capital.

DAILY POST recalls that Sanusi is a former Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria.

The former CBN Governor is now the head of Tijaniyya Islamic movement in Nigeria.

Makinde, while receiving his guest on Saturday in Ibadan, warned critics of his government to look for other things instead of using religious sentiments to divide the state.

He then advised those who think they can create divisions among residents of the state using religion should look for better things to do.

He added that it is not possible to use religious sentiments to create division in the state.

Makinde while speaking further praised the former Emir for the role he is playing to unite citizens of the country.

He praised Sanusi, for being courageous to champion the course of peace and unity in the country.

He said, “In the South-West, we are so interconnected religious-wise that there is no family you won’t see a Muslim or a Christian in there.

“It, therefore, comes to nothing for any vested interest to want to divide us using religion.

“I usually tell my people here that those who think they can create divisions among us using religion should look for better things to do because it will not work here.

“Just as we in Yorubaland have learnt to live peacefully together, I will recommend that you preach religious harmony to all parts of Nigeria, because that is a win-win situation for us all.

“As you journey through the country, preaching peace, in your role as leader of the Tijanniya Islamic Sect, please endeavour to always impress it on our people to imbibe religious harmony.”

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2021/06/05/you-cannot-use-religious-sentiments-to-divide-oyo-residents-makinde-tells-critics/

CC: Mynd44 Lalasticala
mike8804:
not only Oyo but Yoruba as a whole, Rem before fasting we drink together with Muslim friends but during fasting we show solidarity with them by staying off bars until end of Ramadan. Northeners aren't like that

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde: You Cannot Use Religious Sentiments to Divide Oyo Residents by DMechyy: 5:14am On Jun 06, 2021
cool You shouldnt too

Re: Seyi Makinde: You Cannot Use Religious Sentiments to Divide Oyo Residents by Judolisco(m): 5:15am On Jun 06, 2021
That's cool... Make dem borrow us dis man for kogi state for jst 1 month.. Oyo people abeg yahaya bello sabi build Covid19 app..

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde: You Cannot Use Religious Sentiments to Divide Oyo Residents by Belial06: 5:15am On Jun 06, 2021
Fulani take note

The Northerners keep trying to divide southerners by creating fake narratives and fake religious intolerance rants

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde: You Cannot Use Religious Sentiments to Divide Oyo Residents by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:17am On Jun 06, 2021
It, therefore, comes to nothing for any vested interest to want to divide us using religion.

RELIGION AND TRIBALISM : The 2 main evil vices affecting Nigerians.
The politicians used that very well to their advantage since 1960.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde: You Cannot Use Religious Sentiments to Divide Oyo Residents by blinking001(m): 5:18am On Jun 06, 2021
Well said my Governor. This is the right way to go my people. We are all humans before religion divided us.

Re: Seyi Makinde: You Cannot Use Religious Sentiments to Divide Oyo Residents by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:18am On Jun 06, 2021
Belial06:
Fulani take note

The Northerners keep trying to divide southerners by creating fake narratives and fake religious intolerance rants
This is exactly what this thread is talking about.
RELIGION and senseless TRIBALISM.
But you still have to show your tribal bigotry on this same thread.
You and your ilks simply can't help it.
TRIBALISM is in you like peak milk.

You better change your ways before it becomes too late and learn to love your neighbours as your self.

Let us leave it at this point this beautiful Sunday morning.
Go and sin no more Belial!
(What a moniker!) shocked

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde: You Cannot Use Religious Sentiments to Divide Oyo Residents by cashinnaira: 5:18am On Jun 06, 2021
What is Mr Sanusi looking for in Oyo State o?

Re: Seyi Makinde: You Cannot Use Religious Sentiments to Divide Oyo Residents by Tonim(f): 5:19am On Jun 06, 2021
This is why I laugh when Non yorubas on nairaland say yoruba muslim this, yoruba muslim that.

We are all yorubas regardless of religion.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde: You Cannot Use Religious Sentiments to Divide Oyo Residents by blinking001(m): 5:20am On Jun 06, 2021
cashinnaira:
Tribalism don finish this one

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde: You Cannot Use Religious Sentiments to Divide Oyo Residents by Anter: 5:21am On Jun 06, 2021
Nice one from the governor.

Re: Seyi Makinde: You Cannot Use Religious Sentiments to Divide Oyo Residents by blinking001(m): 5:21am On Jun 06, 2021
post=102422066:

RELIGION AND TRIBALISM : The 2 main evil vices affecting Nigerians.
The politicians used that very well to their advantage since 1960.
Gbamsolutely

Re: Seyi Makinde: You Cannot Use Religious Sentiments to Divide Oyo Residents by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:22am On Jun 06, 2021
cashinnaira:
But who do una dis kind tin?
Dis one na confirm follow come o.

Anyways,
Collectiiiii

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde: You Cannot Use Religious Sentiments to Divide Oyo Residents by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:23am On Jun 06, 2021
blinking001:

Gbamsolutely

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde: You Cannot Use Religious Sentiments to Divide Oyo Residents by blinking001(m): 5:23am On Jun 06, 2021
Xscape1993:
Well said my G.S.M. Majority of Nigerians are too religious. There are few true worshippers of God today in this part of world because we hold tight to the traditions and practices of our religious and not the practice of God.
You are right

Re: Seyi Makinde: You Cannot Use Religious Sentiments to Divide Oyo Residents by Whois(m): 5:24am On Jun 06, 2021
Well said

Re: Seyi Makinde: You Cannot Use Religious Sentiments to Divide Oyo Residents by heybeebugatty(m): 5:25am On Jun 06, 2021
One of the reason why I love my south west people...
I do traveled home for Muslims celebration and my Muslims Friends do traveled home to celebrate with we Christians.... my church used to be 50:50 on December 31st for crossover service..

Re: Seyi Makinde: You Cannot Use Religious Sentiments to Divide Oyo Residents by seunlayi(m): 5:28am On Jun 06, 2021
That's my Governor

Re: Seyi Makinde: You Cannot Use Religious Sentiments to Divide Oyo Residents by GboyegaD(m): 5:29am On Jun 06, 2021
Well said. The statement was needed before some people misinterpret the visit and start causing unnecessary divisions.

Re: Seyi Makinde: You Cannot Use Religious Sentiments to Divide Oyo Residents by IamWonderful: 5:32am On Jun 06, 2021

Re: Seyi Makinde: You Cannot Use Religious Sentiments to Divide Oyo Residents by Belial06: 5:36am On Jun 06, 2021
post=102422078:

This is exactly what this thread is talking about.
RELIGION and senseless TRIBALISM.
But you still have to show your tribal bigotry on this same thread.
You and your ilks simply can't help it.
TRIBALISM is in you like peak milk.

You better change your ways before it becomes too late and learn to love your neighbours as your self.

Let us leave it at this point this beautiful Sunday morning.
Go and sin no more Belial!
(What a moniker!) shocked

Well the fact is you are very correct

Thank you for the correction
Re: Seyi Makinde: You Cannot Use Religious Sentiments to Divide Oyo Residents by adedehinbo(m): 5:57am On Jun 06, 2021
That's true now,I wonder why I would start hating on my own siblings because of religion,follow everything that suits you but don't loose ur moral behavior.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde: You Cannot Use Religious Sentiments to Divide Oyo Residents by Gunayo(m): 6:19am On Jun 06, 2021
Judolisco:
That's cool... Make dem borrow us dis man for kogi state for jst 1 month.. Oyo people abeg yahaya bello sabi build Covid19 app..
l swear. How l wish laws that can put it into effect is passed. This will show flaws of many Governors.

Obi Of Onitsha To Garba Shehu: I Had No Altercation With Obasanjo / What You Need To Know About Election Run-off / Kingsley Moghalu: Subsidizing The Naira Blocks Nigeria’s Economic Takeoff