Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

Hustles In Nigeria That Pay More Than Some White Collar Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Hustles In Nigeria That Pay More Than Some White Collar Jobs (72018 Views)

Top 10 Lucrative Blue-collar Jobs In Nigeria To Beat Graduate Unemployment / Difference Between Blue Collar And White Collar Jobs / Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hustles In Nigeria That Pay More Than Some White Collar Jobs by Vipro(m): 9:14pm On Jun 05, 2021
A normal white collar job pays an average 25k-30k

Here are some jobs that pay just as much and kind be used as a side hustle

Tell your friends

1.Barbing

Here are the things you should know if you wish to start a barbing salon business.

There are some businesses that will always remain profitable as long as they're well managed: Barbing salon is one of them.

In a country like ours where most men visit the salon at least twice a week to either cut or shave their hair, you need not be told that owners of barbing salons are successful entrepreneurs.

However, a lot of people are not aware of this. They tend to assume that the business is not profitable enough because it is not the loud kind of business.

Be that as it may, it is important to note that barbing salon business can be very lucrative, especially when it is properly managed. And interestingly, it cost very little to keep the business running.

The average price for haircuts in Abuja suburbs is ₦400; while in towns like Asokoro, Wuse, Maitama, etc. you may require within the range of ₦800 to ₦1 000 for one haircut.

Bearing all that in mind, for 20 haircuts a day, a salon located in Abuja suburbs will rake in ₦8 000 per day; while a salon located in the town could rake in as much as ₦20 000 a day.

In Uyo,the average price is #200

Established salons in busy areas cut way, way higher than just 20 hair per day.

If we calculate on the high side, ₦ 20, 000 per day × 30 days in a month gives you ₦600 000/month.

Please to find out how to operate this please follow and comment on which you wish to operate.

2.Popcorn Making

There is a testimony of how popcorn business can bring in #200,000 into your pocket monthly with a capital of #25,000. I meet this student of Lautech (Wale) who makes noting less down #200,000 monthly from selling popcorn.

He said: - I started with #25,000 about 6 month ago after attending a seminar on entrepreneurship. I bought a used (in good condition) machine from a woman at the rate of #18,000 ,I spent #4000 on getting the raw material(corn, butter ,sugar ,nylon etc.)

I never had enough money to get a generator so I went to make a deal with the owner of one computer business center close to the school entrance gate at ADENIKE area of lautech.

I put my machine at a corner at the front of the shop and also connected my machine to their power source The aroma that comes from the corn always invite me customers as they walk in and out of the school.

I seal noting less than 150 packs daily at #50 per each.

Calculation In a day……….150 packs * #50 = #7000 Production cost……..#2000 Profit daily……#7000 - #2000 = #5000 Profit in a week …….#5000 * 6days = #25,000 In a month………#25,000 * 4 weeks = #100,000

As at now I employ people and I have 2 other post with pull in noting less than #60,000 monthly #60,000 * 2 = #120,000

Total profit = #120,000 + #100,000 = #220,000

As u can see that this student (Wale) even makes more than 220k monthly from selling popcorn with a very little capital of less than #25,000 he started with.

My fellow Nigerian popcorn business is real and profitable.,.

3.Ice block making

Ice block is water in its solid state. It is produced when water is fed into some nylon bags and then packed into an Ice block making machine for some hours to solidify. The high demand for ice blocks for cooling has created a booming business opportunity in cities, towns and villages across Nigeria.

We live in a very hot environment and so we consume lots of liquid/drinks. Except on medical grounds, every Nigerian would prefer cold drinks to warm drinks any time, any day. People who run businesses that deal on drinks will attest to the fact that customers will always demand for chilled drinks and when you can give them chilled drinks at every point, then you will be their first port of call as long as drinks is concerned.

But, not all these can afford to run generators endlessly. With the epileptic power supply and high cost of fuel in the country, it is next to impossible to achieve this feat without extra exorbitant running costs which may likely put an entrepreneur out of business; hence they need ice-blocks to cool to get their drinks chilled.

At home, the electricity supply problem is forcing households to use ice blocks to preserve their food and drinks.

;
+ Country like Nigeria is located in one of the hottest region in the world

+ Our economy is such that majority of people involved in hard labour job to make their ends meet.

+ Most of the commercial cities always experience heavy traffic couple with hot weather which make people yearn for cold and chilled drinks, beverages, snacks and so on regularly.

+ One can imagine the number of chilled sachet water people drink every day. Another convenient reason why people prefer to use ice blocks is that they are faster and more efficient at cooling liquid.

Compared to cooling your drinks in a fridge or packing them in a freezer when you can’t carry your iced drinks from home everywhere, ice blocks can provide chilled liquid in any location; whenever and wherever you want it.

4. Cobbling

Shoes are important accessories that complete and compliment an individual outfit. Everyone needs one form of shoe for their everyday activities, like to go to weddings, church, school, work, and other formal and informal events.

Starting a shoe manufacturing company can be a tough one but it also has the potential of making you a lot of profits. The competition in this business is stiff but it is flexible and if you know what you are doing, you can actually break into this market, all you need is hard work and dedication.

Don't forget to like and comment on which you wish to learn

109 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Hustles In Nigeria That Pay More Than Some White Collar Jobs by Goldbw122(m): 9:15pm On Jun 05, 2021
Career is cool and have save many hustling youth out there, God bless your handwork. Amen

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hustles In Nigeria That Pay More Than Some White Collar Jobs by Pearlqueen(f): 9:25pm On Jun 05, 2021
Pop corn making is quite out of it for now for those who still tie popcorn of #50. A bag of corn alone has increased greatly and it's affecting profit adversely.

146 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Hustles In Nigeria That Pay More Than Some White Collar Jobs by Bahrain: 9:53pm On Jun 05, 2021
Bakery

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hustles In Nigeria That Pay More Than Some White Collar Jobs by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:53pm On Jun 05, 2021
Na o get your own business sure pass now!

Na there money dey!

No be cow Buhari dey sell take become president
Abi na this same salary them dey pay other soldiers him take get rich

13 Likes

Re: Hustles In Nigeria That Pay More Than Some White Collar Jobs by brownemmanuel43(m): 9:53pm On Jun 05, 2021
If its not agriculture and IT then is nothing. These two are good to go in any country of the world including the newly created country (UAR) that's not in the Google map

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hustles In Nigeria That Pay More Than Some White Collar Jobs by Ferguson100(m): 9:53pm On Jun 05, 2021
pop corn making shouldn't be on that list

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hustles In Nigeria That Pay More Than Some White Collar Jobs by Jh0wsef(m): 9:53pm On Jun 05, 2021
Getting a skill is one of my greatest achievement in life, knowledge is power they say.

I chose graphic designing, I started three years ago. It wasn't so easy then, but I'm glad it's worth it. And has paid off. Brands come up everyday, new Adverts, new posters, new logos, new flyers, new business cards ya never ending.

I could make up to 40k a day. once you freelance, you design for several brands / people. so you are sure of a next job.

I tutor people, because this country na all man for himself. it's not free all the same, knowledge is power. Perseverance is key as well. But once you're good, you're good.

You will charge 50k, they will beg you to collect 40k wink that's the drill. Because they know your worth and capabilities.

I need just 20 Nairalanders I want to help and teach for a discounted fee of 5k. Hit me up if you're interested in learning /+2348187163923

Limited slots available

And oh, I use my smartphone too. So it means making money from the comfort of your bed gringrin

https://www.nairaland.com/5586025/hey-check-out-designs

My works are in the link above, HIT ME UP IF YOU WANT TO BRAND YOUR BUSINESS / LEARN HOW TO DESIGN.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hustles In Nigeria That Pay More Than Some White Collar Jobs by Quelme: 9:54pm On Jun 05, 2021
Una go just dey cap like say e dey easy for this corn tree.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hustles In Nigeria That Pay More Than Some White Collar Jobs by extol1(m): 9:54pm On Jun 05, 2021
welding is also making it

4 Likes

Re: Hustles In Nigeria That Pay More Than Some White Collar Jobs by mrmacdon(m): 9:54pm On Jun 05, 2021
Okay, someone to tell bubu to unban Twitter now.
Re: Hustles In Nigeria That Pay More Than Some White Collar Jobs by Thinktwicemybro: 9:54pm On Jun 05, 2021
The naira is useless, hustle pay less now. #4000 for bag of cement, so that #200,000 is worthless. As far naira is weak, no hustle pays.
You can ask this man below

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hustles In Nigeria That Pay More Than Some White Collar Jobs by Delaw135: 9:54pm On Jun 05, 2021
Transportation is a lucrative hustle esp if ur vehicle/tricycle/bike belongs to u

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hustles In Nigeria That Pay More Than Some White Collar Jobs by WoundedLamb: 9:54pm On Jun 05, 2021
I see. These jobs pay well. Nigeria just needs to embrace the philosophy of dignity of labour like some other countries.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hustles In Nigeria That Pay More Than Some White Collar Jobs by moscobabs(m): 9:54pm On Jun 05, 2021
POS business, if u have a good location.

Uber or any other transport business

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hustles In Nigeria That Pay More Than Some White Collar Jobs by Jh0wsef(m): 9:54pm On Jun 05, 2021
Ok
Re: Hustles In Nigeria That Pay More Than Some White Collar Jobs by Belial06: 9:54pm On Jun 05, 2021
angry

Correct the title to jobs that pay more than gateman or driver

Smh rubbish post

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hustles In Nigeria That Pay More Than Some White Collar Jobs by Elock1: 9:54pm On Jun 05, 2021
Kidnapping
Banditry
Selling Vpn wink

But on a serious note

Arcade (ps2 and ps3)
Just stay at the right location
It's less stressful
Re: Hustles In Nigeria That Pay More Than Some White Collar Jobs by SamJed(m): 9:54pm On Jun 05, 2021
Actually, most of these so-called dirty jobs bring in money more than the so-called white-collar job. The only thing is that most of the people that do the former do not know money management. They tend to spend it on women and drinks and food. I know of a roadside mechanic that told us he makes about 300k a month. But if you look at him, he is suffering. He told us he wastes his money on nonsense. I know of a market woman selling stock fish that has properties in different places.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hustles In Nigeria That Pay More Than Some White Collar Jobs by psychologist(m): 9:54pm On Jun 05, 2021
Omo, where do you put those WhatsApp boutique folks angry

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hustles In Nigeria That Pay More Than Some White Collar Jobs by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 05, 2021
White collar 25k-30k? Shey you are Okay?

How much detergent go keep the white collar clean for a month.

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hustles In Nigeria That Pay More Than Some White Collar Jobs by bigdammyj: 9:55pm On Jun 05, 2021
Noted
Re: Hustles In Nigeria That Pay More Than Some White Collar Jobs by Dechymmytv(f): 9:55pm On Jun 05, 2021
Pls i won't advise people to do popcorn

1 Like

Re: Hustles In Nigeria That Pay More Than Some White Collar Jobs by Privatepart00: 9:56pm On Jun 05, 2021
Over hyping in progress as usual
So easy in theory
But different in practical
POS is target for armed robbers

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hustles In Nigeria That Pay More Than Some White Collar Jobs by pascalbenz: 9:56pm On Jun 05, 2021
extol1:
welding is also making it
abi
Re: Hustles In Nigeria That Pay More Than Some White Collar Jobs by Bmaster(m): 9:56pm On Jun 05, 2021
Ok.

Op, you forgot to add POS business to your list.

2 Likes

Re: Hustles In Nigeria That Pay More Than Some White Collar Jobs by Antoeni(m): 9:56pm On Jun 05, 2021
Where is the Capital to Start any of those Businesses Listed?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hustles In Nigeria That Pay More Than Some White Collar Jobs by Julianaa: 9:56pm On Jun 05, 2021
1. For barbing, you have to be skilful

For Pop corn making and ice block, it has to be in a busy place

i.e pop corn close to a university

I prefer pop corn making

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Lady Who Searched For A Job With Placard Finally Gets A Job (Before & After) / A 7-Year-Old Girl Asked Google For A Job And Got A Reply From The CEO (Photos) / Nestle Aptitude Test........let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.