Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,390 members, 7,800,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement (62217 Views)

Police Panel To Grill DCP Kyari As US Issues Arrest Warrant / Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement / Saraki And Dogara React To Ortom's Impeachment, Issue Joint Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by Gamesmart: 10:10am On Jun 06, 2021
The should all try and also support freedom of speech in their countries where they actively suppress non-liberal opinions by excluding from all mainstream media platforms and using courts to charge people who do not express liberal opinions e.g. saying "a biological man can never be a woman" can lead to losing your job and being charged for attacking the trans-lunatic person's "dignity".
Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by maasoap(m): 10:29am On Jun 06, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

Tell me what you're doing to develop Nigeria maybe I can borrow a leaf

I worked with Dangote cement transport company for six months before we were disengaged prematurely. Today, I'm using that experience to manage my own small transport company, 3 years and counting. Six permanent drivers and few temporary drivers. That's my story.
Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by hansomb: 10:32am On Jun 06, 2021
NaijaRoyalty:
Buhari and his terrorist mediocres are bunch of monumental failures

Shame on this useless government

Now watch as Buhari and his team of failures quickly lift the Twitter ban now that the international community ha issued threat.

Terrorist government who think this is 1987.
To hell with them. What have they do to help Nigeria security situation ?
Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by BenAndrew: 10:38am On Jun 06, 2021
Would the Nigerian government copy the same punishment meted on Chinese corrupt politicians?
Rissamenti:

Nigeria's main investment and credit partner today is CHINA, not these declining entities llke UK, Ireland, USA and the EU.

Has-beens living on past glory.

In fact what Buhari should do now is sign a heavy duty military co-operation pact with Beijing, to forestall any nonsense from these western powers.
Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by oaugraduate1234(m): 10:41am On Jun 06, 2021
What I know is, anyone still criticizing the citizens in favor of Buhari is a fool and unfortunate human being.

I
Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by insidelife22(m): 11:01am On Jun 06, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Sai Baba now and forever.
Our darling daddy has shown the world that Jack is not his mate.

This Twitter ban will bring more foreign investors to our great country because they are sure that our government can speedily implement declarations.

This Twitter ban has further built my confidence in our darling daddy.
He is a man of his words, in less than 24 hours of declaring the suspension of Twitter's operations in Nigeria, all Telcos have complied and the ban implemented.
Even the Attorney General has cooked up a law for offenders.

But it is not fair that CBN is yet to comply with our darling daddy's declaration of 2015 when he said that as President he will make $1= N1.

It is also not fair that the army is yet to comply with the FG's declaration of Boko Haram being technically defeated.
Our Attorney General should please pass a law that incriminates anyone; bank or individual who exchanges dollars above 1Naira.

Because the speed used in implementing one decree should be the same speed used in implementing other fictitious declarations.
nwanne after you na you oh.
you said it all.
Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by Codes151(m): 11:01am On Jun 06, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This Twitter ban will bring more foreign investors to our great country because they are sure that our government can speedily implement declarations.

He is a man of his words, in less than 24 hours of declaring the suspension of Twitter's operations in Nigeria, all Telcos have complied and the ban implemented.

But it is not fair that CBN is yet to comply with our darling daddy's declaration of 2015 when he said that as President he will make $1= N1.

It is also not fair that the army is yet to comply with the FG's declaration of Boko Haram being technically defeated.
Our Attorney General should please pass a law that incriminates anyone; bank or individual who exchanges dollars above 1Naira.

Because the speed used in implementing one decree should be the same speed used in implementing other fictitious declarations.
jesu.... compound illiterates plenty! Our Attorney General should please pass a law that incriminates anyone; bank or individual who exchanges dollars above 1Naira.
Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by Memberclub(m): 11:14am On Jun 06, 2021
IPIGSRMUMUS:

Pls smarty pants show us the links to the stories where the US mission in Nigeria condemned Trump for trying to ban Tik tok. Even send us links for these other countries too.
i won't bring any links for you cow. *spits*
Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by fashrola(m): 11:16am On Jun 06, 2021
blinking001:
They can wail for all we care. We the citizens of Nigeria are okay with the ban. We trust our Government wholeheartedly. We know our government can do us no harm. They should focus all their energy on their Chaotic and Amoral society and leave us alone

Says an hungry being who doesn not even have a good 3 square meal in a day
Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by rasque96(m): 11:16am On Jun 06, 2021
oil dey your head ✨✨✨✨
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:24am On Jun 06, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Anything that will hurt the youths is what is speedily done by the FG and it's agencies.
Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by IPIGSRMUMUS: 11:27am On Jun 06, 2021
Memberclub:
i won't bring any links for you cow. *spits*

Yeap just like other delusional reta@ded brainwashed IPIG online terrorist monkeys, no link exist.
You can't bring what doesn't exist.
Na lies and hypocrisy go kill a lot of IPIG terrorist monkeys.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by magzey: 11:46am On Jun 06, 2021
They are partners in crime I guess,who their statement epp, freedom of speech then why did they suspend Buhari ? What can't they allow him to express his views on criminals. Confused countries
Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by Solatium(m): 11:53am On Jun 06, 2021
KRSWon:

https://www.nairaland.com/6589105/nigeria-loses-over-n2.1-billion

Many online business and advertisers rely on social media for their business.

That is not a country IGR.
besides virtually all business run multiple social media handle, they should switch to other alternatives
Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:55am On Jun 06, 2021
maasoap:

I worked with Dangote cement transport company for six months before we were disengaged prematurely. Today, I'm using that experience to manage my own small transport company, 3 years and counting. Six permanent drivers and few temporary drivers. That's my story.

How does that help develop Nigeria? Is transport companies on bad roads, who don't pay tax and who don't properly license their vehicles nor adhere to safety guidelines a means of developing a country?
Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by Solatium(m): 11:59am On Jun 06, 2021
PROPEACE:

For not knowing how Twitter impacts business in nigeria, you are the one that is empty headed.

i repeat how does it contribute to your state IGR or federation IGR?
You are here talking about impact assessment of twitter ban on businesses
most of you dabble into a topic that you don't even understand.
Numbskulls
Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by PROPEACE: 12:04pm On Jun 06, 2021
Solatium:

i repeat how does it contribute to your state IGR or federation IGR?
You are here talking about impact assessment of twitter ban on businesses
most of you dabble into a topic that you don't even understand.
Numbskulls
It is impossible to teach an irredeemable dunce like you. If you seek information like that, go and learn online. I don't know how someone can wake up in the morning and start their day by posting something so stupid. Seun is on Twitter, Nairaland, LindaIkeji, all are there, businesses are flourishing there but you are here wallowing in your cesspool of ignorance.
Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by bluefilm: 12:10pm On Jun 06, 2021
PROPEACE:

Is preventing the propagation of lies and organising protesters to attack the Capitol building what your stupıd brain interprets as taking his freedom of speech? Buhari and Trump made hate speeches on Tweeter and had their tweets removed by Twitter. Trump did not ban Twitter but Buhari did. Now reboot your brain and tell me what exactly your point is.

So Twitter now has the FULL AUTHORITY to be determining for everyone else when a speech is hate speech and not?

Well, you are entitled to your own opinions but in my own opinion, preventing people from saying/ airing their opinion is tantamount to infringing on people's FREEDOM of Speech.

For your information, Mr. Trump only told his supporters to March Peacefully to the Capitol to cheer and support their brave congressmen.

But Twitter deemed it hate speech and subsequently put Mr. Trump on indefinite ban, and that's okay by you.

If Twitter can ban people based on any flimsy excuse they can come up with, what are you now shitting in your pants when someone now decides to ban Twitter?

Tit for Tat.

Case closed.

Deal with it.
Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by Solatium(m): 12:11pm On Jun 06, 2021
PROPEACE:

It is impossible to teach an irredeemable dunce like you. If you seek information like that, go and learn online. I don't know how someone can wake up in the morning and start their day by posting something so stupid. Seun is on Twitter, Nairaland, LindaIkeji, all are there, businesses are flourishing there but you are here wallowing in your cesspool of ignorance.

Business presence on the internet is not the question i asked,what i want is economic related answer.

Secondly internet wasn't shut it was just a badly behave tech giant that was shut out of space.

You need to get a proper education before you come online to disgrace your family.
The problem with most of you is that you know nada yet you still go out to abuse those who you should learn from.

i asked for the uptenth time How does twitter presence contribute to your state or country revenue generation?

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by bluefilm: 12:14pm On Jun 06, 2021
Solatium:

Business presence on the internet is not the question i asked,what i want is economic related answer.

Secondly internet wasn't shut it was just a badly behave tech giant that was shut out of space.

You need to get a proper education before you come online to disgrace your family.
The problem with most of you is that you know nada yet you still go out to abuse those who you should learn from.

i asked for the uptenth time How does twitter presence contribute to your state or country revenue generation?

Don't mind them.

They just want something to rant and wail about.

Nonsense. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by Amustical(m): 12:23pm On Jun 06, 2021
Where is that dead meat grill, is he still in Nigeria
Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by kutashi: 12:57pm On Jun 06, 2021
And you! A useless citizen living a useless life!
musa234:
A country that is dependent on other countries for survival.. We don't produce anything, we borrow loan from China like never before. Useless country governed by useless leaders.
Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by Slic1: 1:01pm On Jun 06, 2021
And your using this platform to spread unverified news. This is part of social media.

Bolustical:
Nigeria is a sovereign country and we shall deal with our internal issues as we deem fit and not according to the dictates of leagues of hypocrites and bullies who would do anything to safeguard their democracies all in the name of national security.

Same countries pontificating on the freedom of expression severely dealt with Julian Assange, didn't see anything wrong with the suspension of Trump across all social media but are here to tell us what is wrong or right.

Nigeria will neither watch nor allow elements of destructions sponsored by disgruntled politicians and external actors to plunge our nascent democracy into another civil war. We dodged a bullet with ENDSARS insurrection last year, never again would any unruly behaviour be allowed whether by individuals or corporate entities.

Nigeria is greater than Twitter, IPOB and Cownu, Sunday Igboho, Revolution Now and the perpetual loser, Atiku.
Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by 2ndBase: 1:04pm On Jun 06, 2021
Bolustical:
Nigeria is a sovereign country and we shall deal with our internal issues as we deem fit and not according to the dictates of leagues of hypocrites and bullies who would do anything to safeguard their democracies all in the name of national security.

Same countries pontificating on the freedom of expression severely dealt with Julian Assange, didn't see anything wrong with the suspension of Trump across all social media but are here to tell us what is wrong or right.

Nigeria will neither watch nor allow elements of destructions sponsored by disgruntled politicians and external actors to plunge our nascent democracy into another civil war. We dodged a bullet with ENDSARS insurrection last year, never again would any unruly behaviour be allowed whether by individuals or corporate entities.

Nigeria is greater than Twitter, IPOB and Cownu, Sunday Igboho, Revolution Now and the perpetual loser, Atiku.

Tell your government to stop repression and suppression of the people. The people who voted the government in are the same people who are expressing themselves in this democracy. The evil you wishes to support will come back to haunt you one day.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by CSTRR: 1:08pm On Jun 06, 2021
Rissamenti:

So if he is their slave because his doctor is in the UK, why is he acting against their wishes in this Twitter case, while it's YOU kissing their butt?
No, he is just being foolish.

The US can decide to ban him from the western world, and he would be in trouble.

But they won't because it is like beating a child.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by MrPaul2: 1:57pm On Jun 06, 2021
Bolustical:

The fall of Gaddafi will be a child play for Bubu if he allows international body to join Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by m140(m): 2:18pm On Jun 06, 2021
Rissamenti:

Ode. First world people are struggling to flee from those places. Go on YouTube and see thousands of black Americans returning to AFRICA, starting successful businesses, and vowing never to return to live in the US.

THE TIDE IS CHANGING. THE WORLD IS CHANGING. THE WEST IS NO LONGER WHAT IT USED TO BE.

And with this 'covid' stuff, the west is further emasculating its citizenry and withdrawing their civil rights, with poverty and unemployment rising. So they're going downhill it appears.
Mo tun gbo kan ooo... are you serious?
Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by m140(m): 2:20pm On Jun 06, 2021
Theoarhics:
Abacha no do reach wetin Buhari dey do now. The most wicked and incompetent president we have ever had
Wetin you know about abacha
Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by m140(m): 2:29pm On Jun 06, 2021
tesseract:
Buhari should start thinking of where to go for his plastic surgery... Maybe China or Russia.

The international community will draft a list of top government officials to be banned from entering their countries and finally think up a solution to this menace.

Idi Amin defied the west and ran to exile, Gadaffi defied the west and his people crucified him, Abacha defied the west and prostitutes poisoned him...the list is endless.

You can't bite the finger that feeds you, they will still reverse the order, these fools on nairaland don't know how this works.
Na you kuku sabi as e dey go .... wetin me know
Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by writeprof(m): 2:32pm On Jun 06, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Re: Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement by webizone(m): 2:32pm On Jun 06, 2021
PowerOfLove:

You and who? Say na me f**kup because me never voted for Buhari for once before. You guys were warned severally but you thought you were punishing Jonathan. Enjoy the fruit of your labour now. My pain is that even we that never voted for him are in the same sinking boat now. That's just my pains.

You just wrote it exactly as it was flowing in my mind. Nonsense people. The only way to punish them na to use superior intelligence and take advantage of their suffering. The only pain na the ones wey dey good wey still dey suffer.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Onyechi Ikpeazu Mourns Death Of His Daughter, Nwankie Ikpeazu / APC Reacts To Atiku's Trip To The US, Reveals Next Line Of Action / "The Punishment For Blasphemy Is Death" - Jamil Abubakar, Dangote’s Son-in-law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.