Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

Please Help!! A Friend Just Got Scammed - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Please Help!! A Friend Just Got Scammed (555 Views)

My Friend Just Joined A Confraternity / A Friend Just Got Kidnapped / A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help!! A Friend Just Got Scammed by Eryyy92: 10:04pm On Jun 05, 2021
Good evening nairalanders.
Please to cut the story short, my friend wanted to pay for his school fees through his phone and ATM card. But his card was rejected so he opted to use his friends account/ATM card for the school fees payment. So he transferred the money to his friend of which he was debited unknownly, his friend is owing a debt of 150k from a loan app and his friend never disclosed this to him.
The issue now is that the guy isn't picking his calls and his house address is not traceable but he stays somewhere around waterlines in port Harcourt.
Please 60k is not a small money especially in this current hardship in the country.
Please i need advice on how to recover his money, since morning the has be crying. And his house rent is expiring soon.
Thank you.

Lala
Mynd44
Re: Please Help!! A Friend Just Got Scammed by Caaz: 10:11pm On Jun 05, 2021
Trust is stale in naija.for the supposed friends mind now he's smart.
Tell your friend to use woman to track him down,then rise the ba.stard with army.
Re: Please Help!! A Friend Just Got Scammed by Idgda01: 10:13pm On Jun 05, 2021
Eryyy92:
Good evening nairalanders.
Please to cut the story short, my friend wanted to pay for his school fees through his phone and ATM card. But his card was rejected so he opted to use his friends account/ATM card for the school fees payment. So he transferred the money to his friend of which he was debited unknownly, his friend is owing a debt of 150k from a loan app and his friend never disclosed this to him.
The issue now is that the guy isn't picking his calls and his house address is not traceable but he stays somewhere around waterlines in port Harcourt.
Please 60k is not a small money especially in this current hardship in the country.
Please i need advice on how to recover his money, since morning the has be crying. And his house rent is expiring soon.
Thank you.

Lala
Mynd44

Contact the number in the poster to track him down. Immediately
Re: Please Help!! A Friend Just Got Scammed by Osebanjo(m): 10:32pm On Jun 05, 2021
Such a horrible friend. Report him to the EFCC.
Re: Please Help!! A Friend Just Got Scammed by shortgun(m): 11:14pm On Jun 05, 2021
unfortunately the money is gone.
Your friend is not wise
Re: Please Help!! A Friend Just Got Scammed by GeneralPula: 11:59pm On Jun 05, 2021
But his card was rejected so he opted to use his friends account/ATM card for the school fees payment.

...When I saw this, I assumed they’re together. So the friend he transferred money to is somewhere far away? How was he intending to use his card?

So he transferred the money to his friend of which he was debited unknownly, his friend is owing a debt of 150k from a loan app and his friend never disclosed this to him.

....The friend didn’t disclose to him...So how did your friend get to know there was a 150k loan?

How do you mean house address not traceable? Is the friend of your friend a stranger?

This seems a concocted story.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help!! A Friend Just Got Scammed by mmadu5(m): 1:55am On Jun 06, 2021
GUYS PLEASE EVERYONE SHOULD BE ON THE LOOK OUT FOR SYMPATHY SCAMMEERS . YES THIS IS THE NEW TREND NOW FOR SCAMMERS. THEY MAKE UP BOGUS STORY OF BEING SCAMMED BY 9JA BET OR BEING DEFRAUDED BY BANK ETC THEN POST SCREENSHOTS OF RANDOM TRANSCATIONS, THEY WILL SAY THINGS LIKE IM DEPRESSED IM ABOUT TO COMMIT SUCIDE OR MY LIFE IS FINISHED DONT FALL FOR IT . ITS ALL A SCAM TO GET PEOPLE,S SYMPATHY TO SEND THEM MONEY DO NOT FALL FOR IT SHINE YOUR EYES .

2 Likes

Re: Please Help!! A Friend Just Got Scammed by Eryyy92: 4:40am On Jun 06, 2021
mmadu5:
GUYS PLEASE EVERYONE SHOULD BE ON THE LOOK OUT FOR SYMPATHY SCAMMEERS . YES THIS IS THE NEW TREND NOW FOR SCAMMERS. THEY MAKE UP BOGUS STORY OF BEING SCAMMED BY 9JA BET OR BEING DEFRAUDED BY BANK ETC THEN POST SCREENSHOTS OF RANDOM TRANSCATIONS, THEY WILL SAY THINGS LIKE IM DEPRESSED IM ABOUT TO COMMIT SUCIDE OR MY LIFE IS FINISHED DONT FALL FOR IT . ITS ALL A SCAM TO GET PEOPLE,S SYMPATHY TO SEND THEM MONEY DO NOT FALL FOR IT SHINE YOUR EYES .
Sorry Mr man...
I'm not a scammer and besides this is my real nairaland account. If you think I'm a scammer, then think why i didn't create a new nairaland account for this post.
And besides I never asked anyone for money rather opinions.
Re: Please Help!! A Friend Just Got Scammed by Eryyy92: 4:43am On Jun 06, 2021
There was a thread i once read in nairaland on how to track down fraudulent transactions and account but i didn't screenshot them because I thought that I or anyone close to me won't fall prey to all these kini of scams.
Re: Please Help!! A Friend Just Got Scammed by Eryyy92: 5:12am On Jun 06, 2021
GeneralPula:
But his card was rejected so he opted to use his friends account/ATM card for the school fees payment.

...When I saw this, I assumed they’re together. So the friend he transferred money to is somewhere far away? How was he intending to use his card?

So he transferred the money to his friend of which he was debited unknownly, his friend is owing a debt of 150k from a loan app and his friend never disclosed this to him.

....The friend didn’t disclose to him...So how did your friend get to know there was a 150k loan?

How do you mean house address not traceable? Is the friend of your friend a stranger?

This seems a concocted story.
I'm still wondering how everything played out. Though I scolded him yesterday why he transferred money to someone whose location is going to be an issue. His currently not online sha.
Re: Please Help!! A Friend Just Got Scammed by Eryyy92: 5:14am On Jun 06, 2021
Please the whole essence of this post is not to solicit for money rather, opinions on how track and recover his money back.
Re: Please Help!! A Friend Just Got Scammed by Eryyy92: 5:16am On Jun 06, 2021
Idgda01:

Contact the number in the poster to track him down. Immediately
Please how does it work? Explain in details please embarassed
Re: Please Help!! A Friend Just Got Scammed by tasland(m): 7:16am On Jun 06, 2021
Eryyy92:
There was a thread i once read in nairaland on how to track down fraudulent transactions and account but i didn't screenshot them because I thought that I or anyone close to me won't fall prey to all these kini of scams.
.....please I will love if I can get the thread,I need it so badly cos someone just wipe away all d money in my account use the money to pay on sportybet
Re: Please Help!! A Friend Just Got Scammed by Xhuntra: 8:04am On Jun 06, 2021
Osebanjo:
Such a horrible friend. Report him to the EFCC.

EFCC don't treat 60k cases. Go and report to the police
Re: Please Help!! A Friend Just Got Scammed by Osebanjo(m): 8:11am On Jun 06, 2021
Xhuntra:

EFCC don't treat 60k cases. Go and report to the police
Says who? Misappropriation of funds, collecting under false pretence. Or you meant to say because it's not billions?
Re: Please Help!! A Friend Just Got Scammed by Xhuntra: 8:12am On Jun 06, 2021
Osebanjo:
Says who? Misappropriation of funds, collecting under false pretence. Or you meant to say because it's not billions?

Oga shut up and say what u know. Go to an EFCC office and report the case na
Re: Please Help!! A Friend Just Got Scammed by Osebanjo(m): 8:14am On Jun 06, 2021
Xhuntra:

Oga shut up and say what u know. Go to an EFCC office and report the case na
Nigerian. grin

(1) (Reply)

Man Reignites Hope Of Finding 1974 5-year-old Missing Sibling, Seeks Public Supp / Three Suspected Cultists Arrested After Initiation In Ogun / Two Women Nabbed With 390 Wraps Of Indian Hemp In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.