Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

Are You Not Being Beaten To Death By The Law? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are You Not Being Beaten To Death By The Law? (317 Views)

Pastor Shaibu Butchered To Death By Muslim Youths In Masu, Kano (Graphic Photos) / Prophetess Success Oni Onwueze Poisoned To Death By Her Pastors (obituary) / Ghanaian Pastor Stabbed To Death By Nephew During Church Service (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Not Being Beaten To Death By The Law? by live4dgospel(m): 11:11pm On Jun 05, 2021
"A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, who stripped him of his clothing, wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead” (Luke 10:30).

Jesus told the lawyer this parable to awaken him from the fact that he suffered all his life, just as this man was beaten by thieves and almost died.

A man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho. Jericho represents the secular world while Jerusalem represents the city of religion; the city of faith, populated with the boasters of the law. This story tells us that if we believe in Christ in just a religious way, we will be ruined.

“A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, who stripped him of his clothing, wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.” Jerusalem was a big city with a large population. There was a high priest, a host of priests, Levites and many outstanding men of religion there. There were many who knew the Law well. There, they tried to live up to the Law, but eventually failed and headed for Jericho. They kept falling into the world (Jericho) and could not avoid meeting thieves.

The man also met thieves on the way from Jerusalem to Jericho and was stripped of his clothes. ‘To be stripped of his clothes’ means that he lost his righteousness. It is impossible for us to live by the Law, to live up to the Law. The Apostle Paul said in Romans 7:19-20, “For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.”

I wish I could do good and live in His words. But in the heart of a man are evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murder, thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, licentiousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, and foolishness (Mark 7:21-23).

Because they are in our hearts and come out now and then, we do what we will not to do and we do not do what we should do. We keep repeating those evils in our hearts. What the devil has to do is to give us only a small stimulus to sin.

It is said in Mark 7, “There is nothing that enters a man from outside which can defile him; but the things which come out of him those are the things that defile a man.”

Jesus is telling us that there are evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murder, thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, licentiousness, and an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, and foolishness in the heart of a man.

We all have murder in our hearts. There is no one who does not murder. Mothers yell at their children, “No. Don’t do that. I told you not to do that, damn you. I told you over and over not to do that. I’m going to kill you if you do that again. I said don’t do that.” That is murder. You might have killed your children in your mind with your thoughtless words.

Our children must be alive because they run away from us so swiftly; but if we had let out all our anger on them, we may have killed them. Sometimes we scare ourselves. “Oh my God! Why did I do that?” We look at the bruises after hitting our children and think that we must have been crazy to do that. We cannot but act that way because we have murder in our hearts.

So, ‘I do what I will not to do’ means that we do evil because we are evil. It is so easy for Satan to tempt us to sin.

Let’s say that a man who has not been redeemed sat in a hut for 10 years, facing a wall and meditating like Sungchol, the late great Korean monk. It is fine while he is sitting with his face to the wall, but someone has to bring him food and take away his excrement.

He has to have contact with someone. It would not be a problem if it was a man, but let’s suppose it was a beautiful woman. If he happened to see her by chance, all of the time he spent sitting would have been in vain. He may think, “I should not commit adultery; I have it in my heart, but I have to blot it away. I have to drive it out. No! Get out of my mind!”

But his determination is evaporated the moment he sees her. After the woman leaves, he looks into his heart. Five years of his ascetic exercises turns into nothing, all for naught.

It is so simple for Satan to take away a person’s righteousness. All that Satan has to do is give him/her a little push. When a person struggles not to sin without being redeemed, he/she keeps falling into sin instead. That person may pay the tithe faithfully every Sunday, fast for 40 days, offer 100 days of dawn prayers...etc. But Satan tempts and deceives him/her with the seemingly good things in life.

“I would like to give you an important position in the company, but you are a Christian and you cannot work on Sundays, can you? It is such a great position. Maybe you could work 3 Sundays and go to church just once a month. Then, you would enjoy such high prestige and have a big fat paycheck. How about it?” At this, probably 100 out of 100 people would be bought.

If that doesn’t work, Satan plays another trick on people who are easily trapped in lust for women. Satan puts a woman in front of him and he falls head over heels in love, forgetting God in an instant. That is how the righteousness of man is stripped.

If we try to live by the Law, all we have in the end are the wounds of sin, pain and spiritual poverty; we lose all righteousness. “Went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, who stripped him of his clothing, wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.”

This means that though we may try to stay in Jerusalem by living by the will of Holy God, we will stumble time after time because of our weaknesses and will eventually be ruined.

You may still pray in repentance before God. “Lord, I have sinned. Please forgive me; I shall never do it again. I promise you that this will really be the last time. I beg and implore you to forgive me just this once.”

But it never lasts. People cannot live in this world without sinning. They may be able to avoid it a couple of times, but it would be impossible not to sin again. So, we cannot help but to repeatedly commit sins. “Lord, please forgive me.” If this goes on, they will drift away from the church and their religious lives. They drift away from God because of their sins and eventually end up in hell.

To travel to Jericho means to fall into the secular world; getting closer to the world and farther away from Jerusalem. In the beginning, Jerusalem is still closer, but as the cycle of sinning and repenting is repeated, we find ourselves standing in the downtown of Jericho; fallen deeply into the world.

For a complete sermon:

https://www.bjnewlife.org/bbs/board.php?bo_table=sermons&wr_id=38&lang=English&cp=1&cpp=1
Re: Are You Not Being Beaten To Death By The Law? by Kobojunkie: 11:20pm On Jun 05, 2021
live4dgospel:
[b]"

The man also met thieves on the way from Jerusalem to Jericho and was stripped of his clothes. ‘To be stripped of his clothes’ means that he lost his righteousness. It is impossible for us to live by the Law, to live up to the Law. The Apostle Paul said in Romans 7:19-20, “For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.”

I wish I could do good and live in His words. But in the heart of a man are evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murder, thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, licentiousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, and foolishness (Mark 7:21-23).

Because they are in our hearts and come out now and then, we do what we will not to do and we do not do what we should do. We keep repeating those evils in our hearts. What the devil has to do is to give us only a small stimulus to sin.

It is said in Mark 7, “There is nothing that enters a man from outside which can defile him; but the things which come out of him those are the things that defile a man.”

Jesus is telling us that there are evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murder, thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, licentiousness, and an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, and foolishness in the heart of a man.

We all have murder in our hearts. There is no one who does not murder. Mothers yell at their children, “No. Don’t do that. I told you not to do that, damn you. I told you over and over not to do that. I’m going to kill you if you do that again. I said don’t do that.” That is murder. You might have killed your children in your mind with your thoughtless words.
This is nothing but more of the same ol' false doctrines(lies) from your many false Teachers and Prophets. undecided
Re: Are You Not Being Beaten To Death By The Law? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:57pm On Jun 05, 2021
God says "Keep The Law". Christ came and said "Keep The Law" The Disciples of Christ said "Keep The Law".

Now, False Prophet that Christ and His Disciples Fore-Warned that will come, has come to say "Do not keep The Law, because we can not keep The Law"

Mmh! Many shall perish oh!
Re: Are You Not Being Beaten To Death By The Law? by live4dgospel(m): 9:40am On Jun 06, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:
God says "Keep The Law". Christ came and said "Keep The Law" The Disciples of Christ said "Keep The Law".

Now, False Prophet that Christ and His Disciples Fore-Warned that will come, has come to say "Do not keep The Law, because we can not keep The Law"

Mmh! Many shall perish oh!

The law is holy and good but no man can keep it to be redeemed. And there is no place in the Bible where the Apostles or Jesus said we must keep the law to be saved. If you have any please refer me to it...

Rather Apostles made it known to us in many places that we are saved by faith and not by keeping the law:

Romans 3:21

"But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,"

Romans 3:27-28

"Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? No, but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law."

Romans 4:13-15

"For the promise that he would be the heir of the world was not to Abraham or to his seed through the law, but through the righteousness of faith. For if those who are of the law are heirs, faith is made void and the promise made of no effect, because the law brings about wrath; for where there is no law there is no transgression."

Romans 8:3-4

"For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit."

James 2:10

"For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all."

Galatians 2:21

"I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.”

Galatians 3:10-14

"For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.” But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for “the just shall live by faith.” Yet the law is not of faith, but “the man who does them shall live by them.” Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree” ), that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith."

Galatians 3:19-25

"What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator. Now a mediator does not mediate for one only, but God is one. Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not! For if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law. But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. But before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed. Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor."
Re: Are You Not Being Beaten To Death By The Law? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:21am On Jun 06, 2021
live4dgospel:

The law is holy and good but no man can keep it to be redeemed.

Oh, I see your problem, you do not see neither were you told nor did you hear that Keeping The Law is the First Step towards Salvation.

live4dgospel:

And there is no place in the Bible where the Apostles or Jesus said we must keep the law to be saved. If you have any please refer me to it...

2 John 5 and 6 especially 6:
"And this is love, that we walk after his commandments.".That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

1 John 5:2-3:
..., when we love God, and keep his commandments.

For this is the love of God, THAT WE KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS:

James 2: 8
"If ye Fulfill The Royal Law According to the Scripture,

John 14: 15 "if ye love Me, KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS"

Paul's Writings are Lawyers Language and like every Lawyers document it can not be accurately and correctly read by ordinary folks which was why Peter Warned that Paul's Writings are hard to be understood by those who are not learners in Law!

And you are not learned in Law, hence you have erroneously read and interpreted a Legal Document.

But I know you guys want to interprete it as such because, you can not bear the True alternative Legal Interpretation.
Re: Are You Not Being Beaten To Death By The Law? by live4dgospel(m): 6:56pm On Jun 06, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Oh, I see your problem, you do not see neither were you told nor did you hear that Keeping The Law is the First Step towards Salvation.

2 John 5 and 6 especially 6:
"And this is love, that we walk after his commandments.".That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

1 John 5:2-3:
..., when we love God, and keep his commandments.

For this is the love of God, THAT WE KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS:

James 2: 8
"If ye Fulfill The Royal Law According to the Scripture,

John 14: 15 "if ye love Me, KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS"

Paul's Writings are Lawyers Language and like every Lawyers document it can not be accurately and correctly read by ordinary folks which was why Peter Warned that Paul's Writings are hard to be understood by those who are not learners in Law!

And you are not learned in Law, hence you have erroneously read and interpreted a Legal Document.

But I know you guys want to interprete it as such because, you can not bear the True alternative Legal Interpretation.

Unfortunately none of your quotations about "commandment" talks about the law given through Moses. This is where your mistaken faith originates from.

What is the "commandment" in your quotations?

The commandment is to defend and preach the gospel of the water and the Spirit to every nation of the earth while loving our fellow saints and sinners who are yet to be saved.

Even your verses contradict you.

Verse 5 makes it clear what the commandment is

" And now I plead with you, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment to you, but that which we have had from the beginning: that we love one another."

This is the old commandment Jesus gave His disciples in the beginning before He ascended to Heaven.

Matthew 28:19 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

As well in James 2, James was addressing those who think they are obeying the law without realising how much they are breaking it instead. He said anyone who wants to justified by the law must obey the law 100%, otherwise the person will be cursed. The question is who is obeying the law perfectly?

If you have understanding, you would have understood verse 12 of that James

"So speak and so do as those who will be judged by the law of liberty."

In this verse 12, the purpose of James writing was clearly shown.

Jesus said if you love me keep my commandment, I have already explained to you His commandment: Believe in the gospel of the water and the Spirit, defend it, love your brethren, and show your love to sinners by preaching the gospel so that they too will be saved.
Re: Are You Not Being Beaten To Death By The Law? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:18pm On Jun 06, 2021
live4dgospel:

Unfortunately none of your quotations about "commandment" talks about the law given through Moses. This is where your mistaken faith originates from.
What is the "commandment" in your quotations?

shocked yea, there is another Commandment other than The Commandments God gave Moses?

live4dgospel:

Even your verses contradict you.

Verse 5 makes it clear what the commandment is

"And now I plead with you, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment to you, but that which we have had from the beginning: that we love one another."

Is "Love one another" not Exodus 20:12-17.

12 Honour thy father and thy mother: ...
13 Thou shalt not kill.
14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.
15 Thou shalt not steal.
16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.?

If you Truly Inteded keeping The Law and Obeying The Lord God, you would have seen and known that every Admonishing in the Bible is a declaration and Expression of The Commandments given to Moses.

If ye keep The Law, it is for thyself, if you keep not The Law, it is also for thyself!
Re: Are You Not Being Beaten To Death By The Law? by live4dgospel(m): 8:11pm On Jun 07, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

shocked yea, there is another Commandment other than The Commandments God gave Moses?

Is "Love one another" not Exodus 20:12-17.

12 Honour thy father and thy mother: ...
13 Thou shalt not kill.
14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.
15 Thou shalt not steal.
16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.?

If you Truly Inteded keeping The Law and Obeying The Lord God, you would have seen and known that every Admonishing in the Bible is a declaration and Expression of The Commandments given to Moses.

If ye keep The Law, it is for thyself, if you keep not The Law, it is also for thyself!
I have chosen to ignore you right now because you are not even well-versed in the Scriptures let alone understanding God's word.
Re: Are You Not Being Beaten To Death By The Law? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:35pm On Jun 07, 2021
live4dgospel:

I have chosen to ignore you right now because you are not even well-versed in the Scriptures let alone understanding God's word.

From my answer earlier you already saw that I had withdrawn myself from you after you said none of the "commandment" in what you people refer to as the new testament, talks about the law given through Moses.
Re: Are You Not Being Beaten To Death By The Law? by live4dgospel(m): 1:59pm On Jul 03, 2021
Free Christian books for the community!!!
Go to www.bjnewlife.org
Re: Are You Not Being Beaten To Death By The Law? by live4dgospel(m): 5:50pm On Sep 03, 2022
For free Christian books 08135683431

(1) (Reply)

Before We Zoom Everything Away! / T B Joshua: Lessons From A Pastor Who Loved Muslims Like Christians / Pictures Of Gospel Pillars Ministry Celebrating Her Maiden Independence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.