Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

Raising A Sample Breed Of 50 Broiler Chickens (Marshall Breed) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Raising A Sample Breed Of 50 Broiler Chickens (Marshall Breed) (1836 Views)

Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) / Some Popular Species Of Chickens We Eat In Nigeria [PHOTOS] / Dont Be Fooled, Here Is A Practical Cost Analysis Of Raising 100 Layer Birds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Raising A Sample Breed Of 50 Broiler Chickens (Marshall Breed) by farmsocio: 6:14pm On Jun 06, 2021
Hi,

I am Kelly Akpomedaye, founder of Redorion Ventures Which includes Farmsocio.com, Redorion Agribusiness School and Redorion Farms.

This thread is opened to share with you my experience in raising a sample breed of 50 broiler chickens (The Marshall breed).

Day old Chicks arrived: 02/06/2021.

I will be sharing their progress for all to see how well they do as we go.

I hope through this thread people are going to learn or at least get inspired to participate in this subsector despite its challenges.

While you wait for the next update, kindly read about the 6-strategies-for-combating-the-current-price-hikes-in-the-broiler-production-sub-sector on my platform, kindly visit the link below.

Written in 2020 however, the strategies are timeless.

https://www.farmsocio.com/2020/08/13/6-strategies-for-combating-the-current-price-hikes-in-the-broiler-production-sub-sector/

PS: If you have got any enquiries, you can reach out via WhatsApp on 09035592343

Cheers... smiley

1 Like

Re: Raising A Sample Breed Of 50 Broiler Chickens (Marshall Breed) by kasmail(m): 9:57pm On Jun 06, 2021
its almost a week now since your DOC arrived. what's the update now? Please update with pictures . Thanks
Re: Raising A Sample Breed Of 50 Broiler Chickens (Marshall Breed) by farmsocio: 2:22pm On Jun 07, 2021
Thanks for following smiley
Re: Raising A Sample Breed Of 50 Broiler Chickens (Marshall Breed) by farmsocio: 2:24pm On Jun 07, 2021
Hi Kasmail,

Will definitely do by Wednesday

Cheers... grin
kasmail:
its almost a week now since your DOC arrived. what's the update now? Please update with pictures . Thanks
Re: Raising A Sample Breed Of 50 Broiler Chickens (Marshall Breed) by farmsocio: 7:01pm On Jun 11, 2021
kasmail:

Hi there,

I am sure your day has been great.

I said I would be giving updates to share the progress of the birds so without saying much, let me just feed you with the key details.

We have a sample population of 51 birds (Marshall Breed) because there is usually an extra chick added in each carton purchased from hatcheries.

Total mortality (number of deaths):

One chick died at day 3 which is very painful to me because that’s a complete loss of potential income to me or loss of meat in my stew pot. The death was due to unhealed abdomen and it has been raining day and night recently so I guess it could not stand the weather and decided to give up however her brothers and sisters are doing just fine. smiley

Average weight of the chicks at day 7:

169.2g

I achieved the above result by taking 10% of the total population (5), added their individual weight together and divide by 5.
However, many of the birds did achieve weight above 180g – 200g.

Since I could not give the update at exactly day 7 of the chick’s life and it didn’t occur to me to take pictures, I decide to take pictures today which is day 9 of the bird’s life and the average weight for today 11/06/2021 is 255g however some achieved weigh above 300g as seen in the pictures. cool

I will be sharing more progress report for all to see how well they do as we go.

I hope that through this thread people are going to learn or at least get inspired to participate in this subsector despite its challenges.

While you wait for the next update, I hope you read about the 6-strategies-for-combating-the-current-price-hikes-in-the-broiler-production-sub-sector

If you didn’t, kindly do so using the link below.

Written in 2020, however the strategies are timeless.

https://www.farmsocio.com/2020/08/13/6-strategies-for-combating-the-current-price-hikes-in-the-broiler-production-sub-sector/

Also, you can read about the Five Reasons Why Small Farms Fail.

Just visit the page using the link below.

https://www.farmsocio.com/2020/04/19/five-reasons-why-small-farms-fail/

Cheers… grin

Kelly Akpomedaye
Founder of Redorion Ventures (Farmsocio.com, Redorion Agribusiness School and Redorion Farms)

1 Like

Re: Raising A Sample Breed Of 50 Broiler Chickens (Marshall Breed) by farmsocio: 1:54pm On Jun 17, 2021
Hi there,

Hope your day is going great?

Let’s just get on with today updates, so without saying much, let me feed you with key details.

We have a sample population of 50 birds (Marshall Breed).

Two weeks old yesterday 16/06/2021.

Total mortality (number of deaths): All chicks are doing fine no deaths recorded for the week. Potential income secured

Average weight of the chicks at day 14: 485.6g

I achieved the above result by taking 10% of the total population (5), added their individual weight together and divide by 5. However, many of the birds did achieve weight above 500g.

See pictures showing birds weight in grams on a digital weigh scale

I will be sharing more progress report for all to see how well they do as we go.

I hope that through this thread people are going to learn or at least get inspired to participate in this subsector despite its challenges.

While you wait for the next update, kindly read about the 9 Ways Broiler Agribusiness Owners Lose Money, Number 9 will shock you!
using the link below.

https://www.farmsocio.com/2020/06/06/9-ways-broiler-agribusiness-owners-lose-money-number-9-will-shock-you/

Cheers… smiley

Kelly Akpomedaye
Founder of Redorion Ventures (Farmsocio.com, Redorion Agribusiness School and Redorion Farms)

Re: Raising A Sample Breed Of 50 Broiler Chickens (Marshall Breed) by eljp(m): 9:48pm On Jun 17, 2021
Thank you for all your update and God bless you!
Please can you also help us with the expenses incurred so far within the period covered and subsequent expenses on the 50 number Chicks.....

You are doing a great job.....
Re: Raising A Sample Breed Of 50 Broiler Chickens (Marshall Breed) by farmsocio: 3:07pm On Jun 19, 2021
eljp:
Thank you for all your update and God bless you!
Please can you also help us with the expenses incurred so far within the period covered and subsequent expenses on the 50 number Chicks.....

You are doing a great job.....

Amen

And thank you for following

Total expense on each chicks should be around 545 naira now.
Re: Raising A Sample Breed Of 50 Broiler Chickens (Marshall Breed) by Danielseloke: 3:21pm On Jun 19, 2021
Thank you so much for the update. Please try include the feeding, medication and all the expenses incurred so far as it will help others. Thanks
Re: Raising A Sample Breed Of 50 Broiler Chickens (Marshall Breed) by farmsocio: 3:12pm On Jun 26, 2021
Danielseloke:
Thank you so much for the update. Please try include the feeding, medication and all the expenses incurred so far as it will help others. Thanks

Thank you Daniel for following.

Expenses incurred so far at 2 weeks old:

Cost of DOC: 17,500 Naira
Cost of purchasing one bags of feed: 7,700 Naira
Cost of Charcoal and kerosene: 3,900 Naira
Cost of Shavings: 2,500 Naira
Cost of Vaccines: 1,000 Naira

This brings the actual cost to 652 Naira per bird.

1 Like

Re: Raising A Sample Breed Of 50 Broiler Chickens (Marshall Breed) by farmsocio: 5:02pm On Jun 26, 2021
Hi there... smiley

Hope your day has been great?

You know the drill already, let’s just get on with today updates…

We have a sample population of 50 birds (Marshall Breed).

Three weeks old on 23/06/2021.

Total mortality (number of deaths): We lost two chicks which I am predicting should be all that we would lose till the production cycle completes.

Total Birds Remaining: 48

Average weight of the chicks at day 21: 965.2g

I achieved the above result by taking 10% of the total population (5), added their individual weight together and divide by 5. However, some of the birds did achieve weight above 1,000g (1kg).

See pictures showing birds weight in grams on a digital weigh scale

Important Notice:

Do you know that one key skill or information to have at hand in order for you to be successful in every production batch when raising your chickens is to be very good in observing the poo (Shit) of your chickens? The kind of poo they drop can tell you a lot about their health status and this can quickly inform you on what to do before the health situation gets critical and start spreading to other chicks.

We at Redorion Agribusiness School/Farmsocio.com have created an explicit infographic that will make you an expert chicken poo observer in no time. This guide shows you in details (pictures and short descriptions) the different kind of chicken droppings and what they mean plus it gives recommendations on what you can do to handle the situation in the case that your chicken poo is abnormal indicating an impending health crisis to happen.

With our guide you will no longer be afraid, you would know if your chicks are healthy or not before they even start to show symptoms. This guide is printable so you can always take it along with you into the farm and compare your chicken dropping with that inside the guide, read the description which will then let you know if your chicks are healthy or not and what to do to manage the situation.

If you would like to get to a downloadable link to get access to this important farm tool, then chat us up with the number below and make your request. The guide is very much affordable @ just ₦1,000. Make your request now via WhatsApp with the number below:

Added Benefit for you when you purchase this guide:

When you purchase this guide, you get access to 3-month free consultation for broiler farming.

You get access to free updates on the purchased infographics as we do research, experiment and get access to latest information in the poultry subsector regularly.

You get added to our general agribusiness mentee group for free where you can ask questions and get answers to your questions.

And more importantly, it is a step towards ensuring that you know what you are doing towards having a successful production batch every time.

Finally, we offer a 30 days moneyback guarantee, if for some reason our guide did not meet your expectation in providing you with the skill-information we promise.

While you wait for the next update, you can start making your request for the infographics using the number below via WhatsApp:

Cheers…

Kelly Akpomedaye

(1) (Reply)

Pig vs Rabbit Rearing / Post Fry,fingerlings And Post Fingerling Available In Large Quantity / Grapevine Seedlings and fruit For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.