Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,025 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:06 AM

Legalized Terrorism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Legalized Terrorism (183 Views)

Legalized Robbery: PIB 30% Profits On Frontier Exploration In The North Basins / How Azikiwe Legalized Corruption In Nigeria / Mr Malami's Bias: If Amotekun Is Not Legal, Who Legalized This? - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Legalized Terrorism by Magmata: 7:30pm On Jun 06, 2021
All weapons are made to intimidate, inflict pain or kill... they have no other functions even when used for self defence or self protection.

Someone says that a particular agitating tribes are terrorists because they acquire and use arms illegally. But, what makes an arm legal or illegal if not law, and what's law if not regulation. So, what happens when laws become partial and regulation becomes irregular?

If the use or acquisition of arms illegally is considered an act of terrorism, how do we describe legal arms in the hands of bigoted and corrupt security agents? How do we describe government agents with legal arms disrupting election process? What do we call the operation of armed government agents distrupting mass protest against bad governance? ...

He who diverts public fund for personal use and he who robbed a bank should be delivered to the same law. But the fact that the so called law appears to be tilted in favour of one thief than the other shows that one thief is more legal than the other; or, one is a legal thief and the other is an illegal thief. How?

Is it true that everything government does is for the interest of the masses? Can a government that rides on illegalities to win elections do things legally? what is their motive? what are they defending? Why are they reluctant to adjust the system? why are they against secessionists? why are they stubborn?

(I think) what makes a terrorist is not his ideology but his attempts to enforce his idea on others by all means possible. Thus, a terrorist is not necessarily an (illegal) armed individual with flags in an unknown location; he can be a well dressed educated guy anywhere in one of those legal offices legalizing illegalities.

What do we call someone whose ideology is for himself alone and all he ask and fight for is to be left alone with is idea? The land on which he stand has been his home for centuries, the experimental marriage is no more working for him, he doesn't like the union anymore, he tried opting out when the marriage was younger but you refused, he's doing it again still you no gree. What exactly is the problem?

Now tell me, is there any act of terrorism bigger than the concept called Nigeria? How can any rational entity think that people of diverse cultures, different beliefs and heterogeneous ideology be merged under this kind of system. how will it work?

Tell me what it is if not terrorism, when a man is not allowed to live according to his nature and culture. How can you force a flying bird and a cheetah to the same condition of movement in the name of unity. Is that natural?

If a man can't choose where and how to live, how is he a living being? Nigeria is an idea, it has no identity on its own, no culture, no language, no nothing. Yet, someone is imposing such abstraction on an established and more natural cultures in the name of one nation. If this isn't terrorism then what is it?

If the process is complex it is because we made it so, naturally all things are simple. Both Nigeria government and Biafra agitators are wrong in their approach so far, there is no justification for killing a fellow human being for any purpose no matter how Noble the course is; it is barbaric.

But the alien ideology that forcefully keep people together and the human agent through whom it is enforced are the real terrorists here, Yes, Nigeria government is terrorizing a more natural arrangement than the contraption they hold so dear. It is natural that bird of the same feather flock together.

Government should tell Nigerians why certain people are being held against their will, if Nigeria is not a cage as those people claimed, how come they can't move?

Government should tell us whose interest they are protecting by being this rigid and insensitive; is it for the masses or their personal gain?

What exactly does Nigeria stand for that warrants all these bloodshed in the name of keeping it together?

For me, the fight between Nigeria government and Biafra is not for the masses, rather, it's an ideology fight laced with greed, selfishness, ignorance,exploitation and stupidity. If not, what are the killings for?

Where I am right now is my home and the people around me are my family, I don't know about you.

As far as I'm concerned, Human life is sacred, therefore, any ideology that doesn't respect it is sub-human and worthless.

Let the killings stop

(1) (Reply)

The Political Confusion In Southern Nigeria: A Profound Analysis / Emir Of Ilorin Reiterates Arming The FRSC / Nigerians Are Very Forgetful - President Buhari (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.