Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

Pastor Stephen Akinola Is Dead - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Stephen Akinola Is Dead (60598 Views)

Rivers Based Pastor, Stephen Akinola Dies Hours After TB Joshua / Stephen Rathod: Pastor Adeboye Donates 60% Of His Income To Charity / Rape: Victoria Nkong 'Bishop Akinola Micheal Fowowe Attempted To Rape Me' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Stephen Akinola Is Dead by macjireh: 9:38am On Jun 07, 2021
timesup234:
One by one they will all die until Christianity is eradicated from Nigeria
Y did u not say D's to d Muslims who are terrorizing d who world Rn?
Re: Pastor Stephen Akinola Is Dead by IJOBA11: 9:39am On Jun 07, 2021
EKONGKING:

Have you seen lake of fire ,other religions have their own stuff.
How are you sure ,your stuff is greater than their own stuff .
ARE YOU A MUSLIM
Re: Pastor Stephen Akinola Is Dead by naija1stnigar(m): 9:39am On Jun 07, 2021
EKONGKING:

Christianity as practised in nigeria has made many people mumu.
where else do you see touch not my anointed. pastors are my daddy or mummy etc .
Miracles or prophecies ,with no benefit to population at large . While their daddys, dine and wine with their very oppressors (politicians) ,fly jets.drive flashy cars .
Blind idiots like you will not talk about your almighty Gumi pastors are your problems at least let's make the comparison between Gumi and t. b Joshua to see if there is still any iota of common sense in you. Bigots!
Re: Pastor Stephen Akinola Is Dead by AuroraBrls: 9:41am On Jun 07, 2021
One of the Major players in Port Harcourt Church Industry way back then, if you know u know.

When no one knew of Winners Chapel yet in Rivers State, when Ibeyeomie was still probably and usher somewhere, When Birabi Street was still littered with Top Class Niteclubs and Brothels, when no one knew of any TB Josh or Enenche...Zilly Aggrey,Stephen Akinola, etc were the Champs of the biz in Rivers State

Like they say, beware of Children and the Unborn...Ibiyeomie removed bread from a lot of these ex-champs and sent them into sudden retirement bad hibernation.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Stephen Akinola Is Dead by Brenn594(m): 9:41am On Jun 07, 2021
timesup234:
you knw most times i wonder y people like you are on NLyou just dont belong here:/

Re: Pastor Stephen Akinola Is Dead by Jostoman: 9:42am On Jun 07, 2021
All this pastors death need to be investigated because this is not normal again o
Re: Pastor Stephen Akinola Is Dead by Troofseekah: 9:44am On Jun 07, 2021
Re: Pastor Stephen Akinola Is Dead by Troofseekah: 9:48am On Jun 07, 2021
Re: Pastor Stephen Akinola Is Dead by Opengates(m): 9:50am On Jun 07, 2021
EKONGKING:

Just say RIP and move on.
Repenting and accepting Jesus now .Did it saved any christians from death.
Has not many born again christians or pious christians died just like that.
What makes accepting jesus special .Muslims ,Hindus,Buddists ,have their own heaven or hell .

It makes a lot of difference. Yes everyone will die but you must NOT die as a sinner. Accepting Jesus and repentance will pave way for you to heaven. You need to be born again.

This has nothing to do with your religion. Salvation is to be saved from perdition which is a punishment for the sinners in hell.

If any religionist dies in his/her sin, he/she will perish in hell. Get this right and repent before it is too late for you, my dear.

God bless you. Jesus Christ is coming soonest than expected. Prepare for His coming, repent and forsake your sins, accept Him to obtain mercy an forgiveness. May the Lord have mercy on your soul in Jesus name. Proverbs 28 vs 13. John 3 vs 17

Shalom

1 Like

Re: Pastor Stephen Akinola Is Dead by Samunique(m): 9:50am On Jun 07, 2021
Siwisheswereesh:

Leave the guy, common sense is not common after all !!!
Re: Pastor Stephen Akinola Is Dead by Kneebow(m): 9:51am On Jun 07, 2021
Sinner, you have heard us speak of the resurrection of the righteous. To you the word “resurrection” has no music. There is no flash of joy in your spirit when you hear that the dead shall rise again. But oh, I pray thee lend me thine ear while I assure thee in God’s name that thou shalt rise. Not only shall your soul live — you have perhaps become so brutish that you forget you have a soul — but your body itself shall live. Those eyes that have been full of lust shall see sights of horror; those ears which have listened to the temptations of the evil one, shall hear the thunders of the day of judgment; those very feet that bare you to the theatre, shall attempt, but utterly fail to sustain you when Christ shall sit in judgment. Think not when your body is put into the soil that you have done with it. It has been partner with your soul in sin; it shall be sharer with your soul in the punishment. He is able to cast both body and soul into hell. The heathens believed in the immortality of the soul. We need not therefore prove what a heathen could conceive. It is the doctrine of the resurrection of the body which is peculiar to Christianity. You are not prepared to cast away the revelation of God I know. You receive that book as being God’s book, and it tells me that all the dead, both small and great, shall rise. When the archangels trump shall sound, the whole of the old inhabitants of the world before tile flood shall rise out of the ocean. The buried palaces, the sunken homes, shall all give up the multitude who once married and were given in marriage, until Noah entered into the ark. Up shall rise from the great deeps of the fathomless sea, thousands upon thousands of men who have slept now these three and four thousand years. Every churchyard, too, where men have been quietly buried with Christian rites, but yet were unchristian still, shall yield up its dead. The battle-field shall yield a mighty harvest, a harvest which was sown in blood, and which shall be reaped in tempest. Every place where man has lived and man has died shall see the dying quickened once again, and flesh and blood once more instinct with life. But the main thing with you is that you will be there. Living and dying as you now are, ungodly and unconverted, the most awful curse that could fall on you, with the exception of the damnation of your soul, is the sure and certain resurrection of your body. Go, now, and paint it if you will, and seek a beauty which the worm shall loathe. Go and pamper your body; drink the sweet and eat the fat. Go and luxuriate and indulge it in ease. Oh, sir, you may well pamper your bodies, for there is short enough time for your body to have mirth in; and when that short time is over thou shalt drink another wine — the dregs of the cup of God’s wrath, which the wicked shall drain to the last drop. Satisfy thine ears with music now; thou shalt soon hear nothing but the howling of the damned! Go thou thy way, eat, drink, and be merry; but for all these the Lord shall bring thee into judgment — sevenfold for all thy sinful pleasures, yea seventy times seven, for all thy joys of lust, and wickedness and crime, shall the Lord be avenged on thee, in the great and terrible day of his wrath. Sinner, think thou of this, and when thou sinnest think of the resurrection.

But after the resurrection, according to the text, comes the judgment. You have cursed God. The oath died away. No, sir, it did not; it imprinted itself upon the great book of God’s remembrance. You have entered the chamber of wantonness, or the hall of infidelity; you have walked through the stews of crime, and through the stench and filth of the brothel. You have wandered into sin and plunged into it, thinking it would all die with the day; that as the night covers up the sights of the day, so the night of death should cover up the deeds of your day of life. Not so. The books shall be opened. I think I see you with your blanching cheeks, closing your eyes because you dare not look upon the Judge when he opens that page where stands your history. I hear yon sinner, boldest among you all. He is crying, “Ye rocks fall on me.” There they stand, sublime and dread, those granite rocks; he would rather be crushed than stand there before the avenging eye; but the mountains will not loosen, their flinty bowels feel no pangs of sympathy, they will not move. You stand while the fiery eye looks you through and through, and the dread voice reads on, and on, and on, your every act, and word, and thought. I see you as the shameful crime is read, and men and angels hear. I see your horror as a nameless deed is told, in terms explicit, which none can misunderstand. I hear your thoughts brought out— that lust, that murder which was in the thought, but never grew into the deed. And you are all this while astonished like Belshazzar, when he saw the writing on the wall and his loins were loose, and he was terribly afraid. So shall it be with you; and yet again, and again, and again, shall you send up that awful shriek, “Hide us! hide us from the face of him that sitteth upon the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb!”

But then cometh the end, the last of all. After death the judgment; after judgment the damnation. If it be a dreadful thing to live again, if it be a more dreadful thing still to spend the first day of that life in the grand assize of God, how much more awful shall it be when the sentence is pronounced, and the terror of punishment shall begin! We believe that the souls of the wicked are already tormented, but this judgment will cast both body and soul into the lake of fire. Men and women, ye who fear not God, and have no faith in Jesus, I cannot picture to you damnation. Across it let me draw a curtain. But though we must not picture it, I pray you realize it. When Martin has painted some of his sublime pictures, he has generally heightened the effect by masses of darkness. Surely, this is the way in winch God has painted hell, rather by masses of darkness than by definiteness of fight. This much we know, that hell is a place of absence from God — a place for the development of sin, where every passion is unbridled, every lust unrestrained — a place where God punishes night and day those who sin night and day — a place where there is never sleep, or rest, or hope — a place where a drop of water is denied, though thirst shall burn the tongue — a place where pleasure never breathed, where light never dawned, where anything like consolation was never heard of — a place where the gospel is denied, where mercy droops her wings and dies — a place where vengeance reigns and shakes his chains, and brandishes his sword — a place of fury and of burning — a place, the like of which imagination hath not pictured. May God grant it may be a place which you shall never see, and whose dread you shall never feel. Sinner, instead of preaching it to thee, let me bid thee fly from it. Die, sinner, and flight from hell becomes impossible; thou art lost, then, eternally. Oh, while yet thou art on praying ground, I pray thee, think on thy end. “Because she remembered not her latter end, she came down wonderfully.” Let it not be said thus of you. Think! think! this warning may be the last you shall ever hear. You may never be spared to come to a place of worship again. Perhaps, while you sit here, the last sands are dropping from the hour glass; and then, no more warning can be given, because redemption and escape shall be impossible to you.
Re: Pastor Stephen Akinola Is Dead by DHaran: 9:54am On Jun 07, 2021
timesup234:
remember that GOD will raise someone even among the moslem fox to do his work.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Stephen Akinola Is Dead by UTAN28(m): 9:55am On Jun 07, 2021
timesup234:
God and Allah punish ya Muslim

Idiotic fool nitwit
U and ya bloody sucking president nonsense muslim will soon die
Re: Pastor Stephen Akinola Is Dead by OpinionCounts(m): 9:57am On Jun 07, 2021
3gpvids:
Chai! in the days of suya night.

RIP

I tell you....also "wind and fire" camp meeting. Free feeding and camping. Also "like a mighty wind" camp meeting. I still remember the wonderful pneuma voices choir, fire voices and blazing voices choirs.

His come a long way, from when he started in D-line in Portharcourt to when he moved to Eastern bypass (sand filled ground).

I still remember some of their pastors back then, pastor Cletus, pastor Briggs (his late now) I heard his son Ibiso Briggs is now a pastor in the church too, pastor Oribi and co.

Old time memories I have of the church.

May God grant him eternal rest.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Stephen Akinola Is Dead by Bibina59: 10:00am On Jun 07, 2021
Re: Pastor Stephen Akinola Is Dead by Jostoman: 10:05am On Jun 07, 2021
Troofseekah:

Who knows, maybe they are the few that will see heaven and God is taking them to paradise to avoid the evil that is to come.

Maybe they are all part of the same gang and their contract has ended, if you know you know.

Or maybe it’s purely a coincidence.
hope they didn't take overdose of vaccine.
Re: Pastor Stephen Akinola Is Dead by timesup234: 10:08am On Jun 07, 2021
UTAN28:
God and Allah punish ya Muslim

Idiotic fool nitwit
U and ya bloody sucking president nonsense muslim will soon die
who be Muslim? Shango punish you, christian and Muslim
Re: Pastor Stephen Akinola Is Dead by Soukiss(m): 10:09am On Jun 07, 2021
God is taken his saints one by one.because of the great tribulation coming.
Re: Pastor Stephen Akinola Is Dead by supereagle(m): 10:10am On Jun 07, 2021
Osagyefo98:
All these are people who raped Christianity in Nigeria.

Rest in peace

If you knew this pastor, you won't pass this comment. A holiness preacher who preaches raw holiness pass Pastor Kumuyi.
Re: Pastor Stephen Akinola Is Dead by fof1: 10:11am On Jun 07, 2021
muykem:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/popular-rivers-pastor-akinola-is-dead/amp/

MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE. YOUNG AND BRAVE EVANGELIST SOUL WINNER, WHO CAME TO MY SCHOOL..NGS ABONNEMA IN 1979 FOR THE REVIVAL OF THE TIMES... PLS HE NEVER USED GENERAL SUPERINTENDENT (GS) AS TITLE THROUGH HIS MINITRY,BCOZ OF RESPECT/REGARD FOR HIS FATHER IN THE LORD. LATE PASTOR STEPHEN AKINOLA, WAS SENIOR PASTER AND HEAD OF REDEMPTION MINISTRIES WORLDWIDE, WITH HQ IN PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE. SO WE SHOULD TAKE CORRECTIONS,PLS.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Stephen Akinola Is Dead by supereagle(m): 10:11am On Jun 07, 2021
About 8 years ago someone told that he kidney transplant. I love to hear his raw holiness messages. He started Deeper Life in PH in the 70s.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Stephen Akinola Is Dead by hupernikao: 10:18am On Jun 07, 2021
timesup234:

Please why should Christianity is eradicated from Nigeria?
Re: Pastor Stephen Akinola Is Dead by yusluvad(m): 10:19am On Jun 07, 2021
Rest on MOG...
Re: Pastor Stephen Akinola Is Dead by Nobody: 10:27am On Jun 07, 2021
Too much suya, and our wonderful prophets of doom didn't see this?

No more suya for marine base girls.
Re: Pastor Stephen Akinola Is Dead by timesup234: 10:31am On Jun 07, 2021
hupernikao:

Please why should Christianity is eradicated from Nigeria?
they have completely turn Nigerians into vegetable that can't think for themselves
Re: Pastor Stephen Akinola Is Dead by Shafiiimran99: 10:32am On Jun 07, 2021
CharisEleos:
Hian!

What is really happening?

Just yesterday, a woman who sells fruits at a major bus-stop in my area was ran over by her customers car and she died. She was buried today because she's a muslim. Just like that.

Brethen, please repent and accept Jesus now. Tomorrow may be too late.

30. He ( Jesus ) said: "Verily, I am a servant of Allah, He has given me the Scripture and made me a Prophet;"

31. "And He has made me blessed wherever I be, and has enjoined on me Salah and Zakah, as long as I live."

32. "And to be dutiful to my mother, and made me not arrogant, unblessed.''

33. "And Salam (peace) be upon me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive!''
Re: Pastor Stephen Akinola Is Dead by hupernikao: 10:35am On Jun 07, 2021
timesup234:
they have completely turn Nigerians into vegetable that can't think for themselves

Okay.

What do you think about your utterance to kill others because you hate their attitude?
Dont you think if your opinion is followed, the vegetable Nigeria will move to a graveyard?

Why do you desire to kill others because you hold a different opinion.
Re: Pastor Stephen Akinola Is Dead by Happiboispot(m): 10:42am On Jun 07, 2021
timesup234:

You will die a horrible death. Mark my word
Re: Pastor Stephen Akinola Is Dead by dake40(m): 10:45am On Jun 07, 2021
Happiboispot:

You will die a horrible death. Mark my word

Is that how your bible taught you to respond to infidels?

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Stephen Akinola Is Dead by TONYE001(m): 10:45am On Jun 07, 2021
Jman06:
These pastors refuse to seek medical care when sick all in the name of miracle healing! Some of them contracted covid19 and carried it around without getting treated, until major damages are done to their systems and next thing you'll here is that they have died suddenly.

Take T.B Joshua for instance, mere looking at him would reveal that he was a potential candidate for high blood pressure. But he was there banking on some miracles instead of getting treated and managed with some God-given antihypertensive drugs until cardiac arrest struck and claimed his life. It's so unfortunate because he was a good man who understood that for life to go on on earth, we should be selfless and reach out to the needy. May his soul rest in peace.

Please how do you diagnose high blood pressure by looking at an individual?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

IPOB Supporter Ordained As A Priest Celebrate With Biafran Flag In Anambra / Pope John Paul Ii And Michael Jackson Found In Hell! / Leke Adeboye Speaks About First Fruit, Daddy Freeze And His Followers React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.