Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 (26754 Views)

Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season / Virgil Van Dijk Wins PFA Player Of The Year / Raheem Sterling Wins PFA Young Player Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by Lamasta(m): 11:01pm On Jun 06, 2021
powerfulguy:

https://twitter.com/PFA/status/1401617637596024837?s=19
Nobody should drag any individual award with Manchester City as far as EPL is concerned, the only award we will not drag is top scorers award every other one na City o...

Congratulation our very own Kevin Ola De bruyne and Phil Foden you guys have been an influencer and maestro in the team...
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by DesChyko: 11:25pm On Jun 06, 2021
In a 38-game season, Phil Foden,

Started: 17 games (less than half)
Subbed in: 11 games
Missed: 10 games
Goals: 9 goals
Assists: 5 assists
G+A: 14 G/A.

Is this the best stats of any PL player under 23 years of age?

And there's the issue of Kevin De Bruyne.

If it's now a rule that this award is reserved for the league winning team, let's just know.

Because I don't see how despite a player's team finishing 7th, he'ld be clear off PL goal scoring and assists charts combined as a forward and be overlooked.

Personally, I think Harry Kane and Mason Mount have been the winners on individual merit.

1 Like

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by DesChyko: 11:31pm On Jun 06, 2021
Zenithpeak:

Harry Kane would have been a perfect candidate for the prize but, how on earth would a serious FA give such award to a player whose team failed to achieve anything meaningful in the season..

The past three winners of this award weren't PL winners as at when they won it.

Tottenham haven't even won any domestic competition of late but have had a player win Player of the Year within the barren spell. It's an individual award, not a team award.

2 Likes

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by EmmanuelScott1(m): 12:10am On Jun 07, 2021
vickydevoka:

I hate people that uses goal as a measure for best player. See watin ororo don cause. When figo, zidane, ronaldinho and kaka won best player in de world Did de score the highest goal?

So tell me how Kevin merit am?, If not for goal involvement, which place he beta?
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by EmmanuelScott1(m): 12:14am On Jun 07, 2021
vickydevoka:

I hate people that uses goal as a measure for best player. See watin ororo don cause. When figo, zidane, ronaldinho and kaka won best player in de world Did de score the highest goal?
Even sef these players get luck that messi and Ronaldo is not in their generation because they won't even see the 2nd place of any award. Smh

1 Like

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by BENEAMATA: 12:29am On Jun 07, 2021
paulolee:

no b lie..na so we talk between pep n mou n even pep n klopp bt now we know better...Mk we de see
wetin una know better ? that mourinho na him no fit win UCL with bayern munich in three years or na klopp spend 900 million pounds in five years no win ucl ? almozt every prem record he broke wss set by mou but your lot scoffed at the achievement then , saying it's par for the money mou spent . Did mou or klopp make up to nine clearout of players , buying as much as eleven ( some sent straght on loan ! ) in their new clubs as pep did with city in 20sixteen ? buying another half a dozen the following season ? we get it , he is a great coach , but tuchel schooled him not once but THRICE , and all in regulation time , deal with it . He's also had THE SPECIAL ONE's number for years now , that doesn't change the fact mourinho is among just FIVE collossus to win the BIG EARS with two different clubs or that the roma coach is a four time , unequalled world best club coach where pep has just the two , same with klopp , or are these aforementuoned accolades to be scoffed at too till the city coach equal or beat these milestones ?

1 Like

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 4:20am On Jun 07, 2021
paulolee:
congrats bro. he was the best individual player this season in Europe and was very instrumental in dt city 15 game winning streak dt won them the league despite the injuries n bad form of sterling, kun n Jesus...
KDB, foden n mahrez drove city to a perfect season except for dt UCL bad performance dt spoiled their seoson..
its nice seeing KDB winning this, foden winning best young player n also pep winning d best coach... as if city are in french league..
as for those talking down on pep because of dt his UCL mistake, pep is working to prove you guys wrong...
pls also tell ur tactician mr tuchel dt the battle has jus began because they is only one master tactician in EPL, or he can ask klopp n mou
chest beating has began... last past nah semi final they go commot them next season grin
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by Jokerman(m): 5:10am On Jun 07, 2021
paulolee:

no b lie..na so we talk between pep n mou n even pep n klopp bt now we know better...Mk we de see

Oga, Mou is better than Pep anywhere... Ask Fifa, Ask IFFHIS.... And stop ranting here
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by nwosu1982: 5:35am On Jun 07, 2021
powerfulguy:
� The PFA Young Player of the Year Award 2021 | @PhilFoden �

��� @ManCity @England ������� #PFAawards #YPOTY #ThreeLions
You said the battle has begun and someone has already beating you 3 times in a row injust a month and you are still calling it battle. Abeg go v a seat . Cry cry baby
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by dfrost: 5:44am On Jun 07, 2021
paulolee:
congrats bro. he was the best individual player this season in Europe and was very instrumental in dt city 15 game winning streak dt won them the league despite the injuries n bad form of sterling, kun n Jesus...
KDB, foden n mahrez drove city to a perfect season except for dt UCL bad performance dt spoiled their seoson..
its nice seeing KDB winning this, foden winning best young player n also pep winning d best coach... as if city are in french league..
as for those talking down on pep because of dt his UCL mistake, pep is working to prove you guys wrong...
pls also tell ur tactician mr tuchel dt the battle has jus began because they is only one master tactician in EPL, or he can ask klopp n mou

No Gundogan? shocked
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by uncleteeh(m): 5:58am On Jun 07, 2021
RPG2020:

Please the first picture how much gonna cost to build that house
Hmmm, amount varies sir, finishes could be expensive according to one's taste.
But a total of 8-10m will do the needful.
That picture you chose is the back view. I will share the front with you here.

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by Anfieldster(m): 6:06am On Jun 07, 2021
Top goal scorer and most assists in d league, Harry Kane would have been d deserved winner
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by hybridblood07(m): 6:16am On Jun 07, 2021
When Mohammed Salah won PFA, please tell me what exactly Liverpool won that season
Zenithpeak:

Harry Kane would have been a perfect candidate for the prize but, how on earth would a serious FA give such award to a player whose team failed to achieve anything meaningful in the season. How would you expect them to defend that?

KDB all the way.
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by kendrick9(m): 6:18am On Jun 07, 2021
another Rubbish award. kdb wasn't even the best Mancity midfielder this season
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by Lamasta(m): 6:23am On Jun 07, 2021
DesChyko:
In a 38-game season, Phil Foden,

Started: 17 games (less than half)
Subbed in: 11 games
Missed: 10 games
Goals: 9 goals
Assists: 5 assists
G+A: 14 G/A.

Is this the best stats of any PL player under 23 years of age?

And there's the issue of Kevin De Bruyne.

If it's now a rule that this award is reserved for the league winning team, let's just know.

Because I don't see how despite a player's team finishing 7th, he'ld be clear off PL goal scoring and assists charts combined as a forward and be overlooked.

Personally, I think Harry Kane and Mason Mount have been the winners on individual merit.

Una too dey argue unnecessarily with emotion abeg read this link to get a better understanding
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57159389
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by Lamasta(m): 6:25am On Jun 07, 2021
kendrick9:
another Rubbish award.
kdb wasn't even the best Mancity midfielder this season

Sentiment bro you and I know how important KDB has been throughout the season even every City player too deserve the award....
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by fredoooooo: 6:25am On Jun 07, 2021
Better than that penalty boy and VAR fc player
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by Lamasta(m): 6:30am On Jun 07, 2021
Jokerman:

Oga, Mou is better than Pep anywhere... Ask Fifa, Ask IFFHIS.... And stop ranting here
Mourinho better than Pep Which yardstick are you using pls
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by demmy66: 6:33am On Jun 07, 2021
vickydevoka:

infact, GODBLESS YOU MILLION TIMES for thuis comment. I dont know how many likes I will give you for this post..... i just wonder when did we start judging individual performance by number of goals scored, what happened to creativity... you just spoke my mind, I just blame fifa for using that to give C Ronaldo the best player when all he does was just goal scoring. Gone are the days when Figo, Zidane, Rivaldo won the award with creative midfield play over the strikers like Henry, Rud van nisteroy, Ronaldo de Lima, Shevchenko, batistuta who were busy scoring goals too. I swear, because of C. Ronaldo, people just started using number of goals scored as a yardstick to judge the best player.

1 Like

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by Freelancerx: 6:37am On Jun 07, 2021
Maybe the players don't like Kane because how is DeBruyne the winner
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by Freelancerx: 6:38am On Jun 07, 2021
Lamasta:

Sentiment bro you and I know how important KDB has been throughout the season even evert City player too deserve the award....
KDB that was injured for the best part of the season? KDB that had just three open play goals? He wasn't even as important as Gundogan for City this season
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by hybridblood07(m): 6:43am On Jun 07, 2021
When Mohammed Salah won PFA, what did liverpool win this season
Dymaco:

With this stats ordinary carabao he no carry...
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by Lamasta(m): 6:48am On Jun 07, 2021
Freelancerx:
KDB that was injured for the best part of the season? KDB that had just three open play goals? He wasn't even as important as Gundogan for City this season
Read through https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57159389
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by Lekan239(m): 6:51am On Jun 07, 2021
Kelvin581:
So the cheated Mount carry am give foden abi.... Okay ooo
no they dint, mount will win the uefa best player of the year
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by Tywo2018: 6:52am On Jun 07, 2021
Arsenal kilo sele gan now
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by zelnababa(m): 7:00am On Jun 07, 2021
paulolee:
3-O ALREADY
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by Zenithpeak(m): 7:02am On Jun 07, 2021
hybridblood07:
When Mohammed Salah won PFA, please tell me what exactly Liverpool won that season

Champions League Finalist
Runner-up Premier League
Premiership Highest goal and assists.
Liverpool was adjudged best premiership team of that season even when they lost those trophies.

Not 6th or 7th on the log.

How would you compare such a feat with abysmal outing of Tothenham FC of 20/21 season.

I prefer Kane but statistics and team performance is not on his side... So no argument.... KDB all the way!
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by vikiphy89(m): 8:15am On Jun 07, 2021
paulolee:
U can keep on wailing!
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by sanchez10: 9:23am On Jun 07, 2021
Guess he would have appreciated the award more if he was given before the champions league final
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by Dymaco(m): 9:48am On Jun 07, 2021
hybridblood07:
When Mohammed Salah won PFA, what did liverpool win this season
When did they win champions league and 2nd on premier league table?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? / AFCON : Ghana Dumped Out By Debutants Comoros In One Of AFCON Greatest Shock! / Ranking Every Nigerian Who Scored A Premier League Hat-trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.