Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 (26750 Views)

Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season / Virgil Van Dijk Wins PFA Player Of The Year / Raheem Sterling Wins PFA Young Player Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by Jokerman(m): 10:01am On Jun 07, 2021
Lamasta:

Mourinho better than Pep Which yardstick are you using pls

Fifa and iffhis yardstick
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by Acidiously: 10:05am On Jun 07, 2021
Dymaco:

With this stats ordinary carabao he no carry...
If messi won la Liga with 6 goals and 12 assists, would you have supported him being crowned the league's best player? Or Ronaldo, depending on who you support
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by paulolee(m): 10:07am On Jun 07, 2021
dfrost:

No Gundogan? shocked
sorry bro...I almost forgot d once inform player in erurope dt did 11 goals consecutively..
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by paulolee(m): 10:09am On Jun 07, 2021
Jokerman:

Oga, Mou is better than Pep anywhere... Ask Fifa, Ask IFFHIS.... And stop ranting here
lolz...d records, trophies n awards are on pep favor....pep doing EPL for years like monopoly...even mou no try such
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by Jokerman(m): 10:11am On Jun 07, 2021
paulolee:
lolz...d records, trophies n awards are on pep favor....pep doing EPL for years like monopoly...even mou no try such

Fifa and IFFHIS says otherwise.

Also Mou has won everything Pep has won in England
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by paulolee(m): 10:14am On Jun 07, 2021
BENEAMATA:
wetin una know better ? that mourinho na him no fit win UCL with bayern munich in three years or na klopp spend 900 million pounds in five years no win ucl ? almozt every prem record he broke wss set by mou but your lot scoffed at the achievement then , saying it's par for the money mou spent . Did mou or klopp make up to nine clearout of players , buying as much as eleven ( some sent straght on loan ! ) in their new clubs as pep did with city in 20sixteen ? buying another half a dozen the following season ? we get it , he is a great coach , but tuchel schooled him not once but THRICE , and all in regulation time , deal with it . He's also had THE SPECIAL ONE's number for years now , that doesn't change the fact mourinho is among just FIVE collossus to win the BIG EARS with two different clubs or that the roma coach is a four time , unequalled world best club coach where pep has just the two , same with klopp , or are these aforementuoned accolades to be scoffed at too till the city coach equal or beat these milestones ?
so now its all about money?? meaning they will all do well with d same pep kinda money is spent...no wahala....dts ur opinion bro
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by paulolee(m): 10:45am On Jun 07, 2021
Jokerman:

Fifa and IFFHIS says otherwise.

Also Mou has won everything Pep has won in England
yeah i agree but ur legend mou didnt do half od the records pep did at city...even the highest ever point mou did was broken by pep n pep did alot of records In EPL dt no other manager can achieve even I they spend 10 billion a season...if its about money n less tactics, PSG n city would keep winning the UCL bro
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by Jokerman(m): 11:35am On Jun 07, 2021
paulolee:

yeah i agree but ur legend mou didnt do half od the records pep did at city...even the highest ever point mou did was broken by pep n pep did alot of records In EPL dt no other manager can achieve even I they spend 10 billion a season...if its about money n less tactics, PSG n city would keep winning the UCL bro

Until Pep can win UCL with another club after spending billions... No wahala
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by dfrost: 11:59am On Jun 07, 2021
paulolee:

sorry bro...I almost forgot d once inform player in erurope dt did 11 goals consecutively..

I for say wetin happen. Not his fan but he upped his game in KDB's absence due to injury.
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by Falomo211(m): 12:32pm On Jun 07, 2021
paulolee:

Don't compare PSG and man city spending guardiola buys almost all positions with hefty amount how many players did PSG buy with big money except neymar and mbappe??
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by Dymaco(m): 1:31pm On Jun 07, 2021
Acidiously:

If messi won la Liga with 6 goals and 12 assists, would you have supported him being crowned the league's best player? Or Ronaldo, depending on who you support
Oga pfa is between first and second position in a league. If you like score 1000 goals without winning anything for your club, you are not winning anything. Best player is for those that took their club far not their personal achievement far

1 Like

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by DesChyko: 5:04pm On Jun 07, 2021
Lamasta:

Una too dey argue unnecessarily with emotion abeg read this link to get a better understanding
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57159389

Una too dey post wetin unasef no understand.
You see the results wey dey the link you share?
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by hybridblood07(m): 5:33pm On Jun 07, 2021
Is UCL criteria of winning PFA? Let's br realistic
Dymaco:

When did they win champions league and 2nd on premier league table?
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by hybridblood07(m): 5:36pm On Jun 07, 2021
Remove UCL becaue it doesn't count in premier awards. Whether runner-up or 6th on thr log, both are the same because they did not win the league. KDB scored 6 goals and 12 which sums to 18 goal involvement out of 38 league game while a player scores 23 and assisted 14 which equivalent of 1 goal per match. Bros, let's be sincere na
Zenithpeak:

Champions League Finalist
Runner-up Premier League
Premiership Highest goal and assists.
Liverpool was adjudged best premiership team of that season even when they lost those trophies.

Not 6th or 7th on the log.

How would you compare such a feat with abysmal outing of Tothenham FC of 20/21 season.

I prefer Kane but statistics and team performance is not on his side... So no argument.... KDB all the way!

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by hybridblood07(m): 5:44pm On Jun 07, 2021
2013/2014 season, Luis Suarez scored 31 league goals and provided 12 assists in the league. Chelsea were champions but Luis Suarez was named PGA winner. Bros, FA dey do magomago once in a while
Zenithpeak:

Champions League Finalist
Runner-up Premier League
Premiership Highest goal and assists.
Liverpool was adjudged best premiership team of that season even when they lost those trophies.

Not 6th or 7th on the log.

How would you compare such a feat with abysmal outing of Tothenham FC of 20/21 season.

I prefer Kane but statistics and team performance is not on his side... So no argument.... KDB all the way!

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by Dymaco(m): 7:34pm On Jun 07, 2021
hybridblood07:
Is UCL criteria of winning PFA? Let's br realistic
What did your goals or assists help your club to achieve is what is been judged. Go to Italian league and see list of people that won MVP awards. Ronaldo won best forward and another MVP. If harry Kane won the carabao cup, he will be rated higher. Don't be surprised that iheanacho will be rated higher than rashford and greenwood. PFA is not a personal award rather a club award.
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by OJEEMAH(m): 10:01pm On Jun 07, 2021
demmy66:
infact, GODBLESS YOU MILLION TIMES for thuis comment. I dont know how many likes I will give you for this post..... i just wonder when did we start judging individual performance by number of goals scored, what happened to creativity... you just spoke my mind, I just blame fifa for using that to give C Ronaldo the best player when all he does was just goal scoring. Gone are the days when Figo, Zidane, Rivaldo won the award with creative midfield play over the strikers like Henry, Rud van nisteroy, Ronaldo de Lima, Shevchenko, batistuta who were busy scoring goals too. I swear, because of C. Ronaldo, people just started using number of goals scored as a yardstick to judge the best player.
Best comment i have read in this post. Creativity is the major reason I will rate Messi ahead of Ronaldo any day and any fucking time. Zidane used to be my favorite player. He doesn't score too many goals but the guy ball sense is second to none. Iniesta another player that should have won balon dor. You can't help but love him.....So many players were denied the chance to contest or win balon dor ever since goals became the yardstick and that's the exact reason Messi & Ronaldo dominated for so many years.
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by demmy66: 11:07pm On Jun 07, 2021
OJEEMAH:
Best comment i have read in this post. Creativity is the major reason I will rate Messi ahead of Ronaldo any day and any fucking time. Zidane used to be my favorite player. He doesn't score too many goals but the guy ball sense is second to none. Iniesta another player that should have won balon dor. You can't help but love him.....So many players were denied the chance to contest or win balon dor ever since goals became the yardstick and that's the exact reason Messi & Ronaldo dominated for so many years.
mehn seriously, I have seeing my 2nd. These are my exact thought. Just like you, Zidane was and is my best player to ever grace football, i love his style and panache. He made football very easy and pleasing to watch. I find it very difficult to tip Messi over him eventhiugh Messi is as good or even better than him. Zidane retirement really broke me down, I though I would never watch football again. He made me start loving iniesta, deco, aimar, riquelma style of play. Zidane made me love fabgregas master and killer passes.. I have never seen a midfielder like Fabregas after Zidane, but the useless club that once gave me joy made me loose interest in football.. All thanks to Arsenal...
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by hybridblood07(m): 11:55pm On Jun 07, 2021
PFA is a personal award for individual performance in league season. Don't tell me what I know
Dymaco:

What did your goals or assists help your club to achieve is what is been judged. Go to Italian league and see list of people that won MVP awards. Ronaldo won best forward and another MVP. If harry Kane won the carabao cup, he will be rated higher. Don't be surprised that iheanacho will be rated higher than rashford and greenwood. PFA is not a personal award rather a club award.
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by OJEEMAH(m): 4:34am On Jun 08, 2021
demmy66:
mehn seriously, I have seeing my 2nd. These are my exact thought. Just like you, Zidane was and is my best player to ever grace football, i love his style and panache. He made football very easy and pleasing to watch. I find it very difficult to tip Messi over him eventhiugh Messi is as good or even better than him. Zidane retirement really broke me down, I though I would never watch football again. He made me start loving iniesta, deco, aimar, riquelma style of play. Zidane made me love fabgregas master and killer passes.. I have never seen a midfielder like Fabregas after Zidane, but the useless club that once gave me joy made me loose interest in football.. All thanks to Arsenal...
you have just spoken my mind. I was also a die hard arsenal fan.....fabregas is a genius. A very brilliant midfielder. Passes are accurate. His vision is good. Can deliver long and short passes at will. His creativity is topnotch. Arsenal should have resigned him but that stupid Kroenke will not release funds.
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by demmy66: 7:20am On Jun 08, 2021
OJEEMAH:
you have just spoken my mind. I was also a die hard arsenal fan.....fabregas is a genius. A very brilliant midfielder. Passes are accurate. His vision is good. Can deliver long and short passes at will. His creativity is topnotch. Arsenal should have resigned him but that stupid Kroenke will not release funds.
i just hope they will sack arteta and give us a proven coach.. let them not commit the mistake they did when klopp and pep was free and they still stuck with wenger. We need a proven manager to instill the winning mentality back to the team and fans. Conte is free, Joachim low can be given a trial, or even Thomas hynchens( former bayern coach). Infact I tire my bro.

1 Like

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by Greatzeus(m): 7:45am On Jun 08, 2021
ojogbengasamuel:
Please nairalanders how do I report this NDA guy who duped me in my office here in Ado ekiti, he actually made fake transfer of #25000.his name is Charles olurokanmi popoola. He collected cash of 15k and made fake transfer, he also bought power bank of 10k and made fake transfer.he said he had come to eksu to run some courses. Please help in your own way. His three line has been switched off and he also removed his pictures from watshap.my contact is 08108848030.please help me
Did you receive a credit alert after the transfer? Did the credit alert show your account balance?
If your answer is no,then you are a stupendous slowpoke.
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by OJEEMAH(m): 8:08am On Jun 08, 2021
demmy66:
i just hope they will sack arteta and give us a proven coach.. let them not commit the mistake they did when klopp and pep was free and they still stuck with wenger. We need a proven manager to instill the winning mentality back to the team and fans. Conte is free, Joachim low can be given a trial, or even Thomas hynchens( former bayern coach). Infact I tire my bro.
Kroenke is the major problem of that club. He lacks ambition. Arsenal has been on steady decline ever since he took over. He refused to sell and his obviously not willing to invest. Arteta is a rookie coach that needs the financial backing of the management. At the moment, arsenal should get Rodgers since they can't compete with the big guns financially. Wenger was never the problem infact, the poorest team Wenger ever assembled was miles better than what Emery & Arteta had or could ever dream of. Irrespective of who Wenger features, we've never lacked creativity. Imagine an arteta team depending on Saka & Smith? It was never this bad. Under Wenger na carabao cup them for dey play. Arsenal can afford to bring Conte but can't match his financial demand that's what broke his deal with spurs.
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by demmy66: 9:19am On Jun 08, 2021
OJEEMAH:
Kroenke is the major problem of that club. He lacks ambition. Arsenal has been on steady decline ever since he took over. He refused to sell and his obviously not willing to invest. Arteta is a rookie coach that needs the financial backing of the management. At the moment, arsenal should get Rodgers since they can't compete with the big guns financially. Wenger was never the problem infact, the poorest team Wenger ever assembled was miles better than what Emery & Arteta had or could ever dream of. Irrespective of who Wenger features, we've never lacked creativity. Imagine an arteta team depending on Saka & Smith? It was never this bad. Under Wenger na carabao cup them for dey play. Arsenal can afford to bring Conte but can't match his financial demand that's what broke his deal with spurs.
seriuosly. Gone are those days when even ehen arsenal looses a match, you feel it was hardluck or their own undoing because they diminate games and loose goal scoring chances, unlike now that they are always outplayed and not creating chances from the middle rather doing crossing and nodding, infact no pattern at all..
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by Dymaco(m): 9:57am On Jun 08, 2021
hybridblood07:
PFA is a personal award for individual performance in league season. Don't tell me what I know
Pfa is a personal award for individual performance in helping his club reach a goal which is winning a trophy.

No last season, best player should be given to vardy because he won a golden boot
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by hybridblood07(m): 10:57am On Jun 08, 2021
You're right bro. Luis Suarez scored 31 goals and provided 14 assists in 2014 and won PFA. Liverpool went trophyless that season
Dymaco:

Pfa is a personal award for individual performance in helping his club reach a goal which is winning a trophy.

No last season, best player should be given to vardy because he won a golden boot
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by Dymaco(m): 3:09pm On Jun 08, 2021
hybridblood07:
You're right bro. Luis Suarez scored 31 goals and provided 14 assists in 2014 and won PFA. Liverpool went trophyless that season
Then check Liverpool performance that season. Where were there in the table, the league tournaments compare to Tottenham that finished 7th with no single trophy.
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by hybridblood07(m): 6:31pm On Jun 08, 2021
There league performance didn't matter because they went trophyless season
Dymaco:

Then check Liverpool performance that season. Where were there in the table, the league tournaments compare to Tottenham that finished 7th with no single trophy.
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by Dymaco(m): 7:58pm On Jun 08, 2021
hybridblood07:
There league performance didn't matter because they went trophyless season
Winning golden boots don't make you pfa best. What your goals helped you achieved in your clubs. Bruno has more goals and the same pair of assist with kelvin yet he was not nominated.

Maguire was a better defender to Diaz last season but Diaz won EPL best player. Goan check the stats.
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by hybridblood07(m): 8:35pm On Jun 08, 2021
How was Maguire better than Ruben Diaz last season?
Dymaco:

Winning golden boots don't make you pfa best. What your goals helped you achieved in your clubs. Bruno has more goals and the same pair of assist with kelvin yet he was not nominated.

Maguire was a better defender to Diaz last season but Diaz won EPL best player. Goan check the stats.
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by Dymaco(m): 10:27pm On Jun 08, 2021
hybridblood07:
How was Maguire better than Ruben Diaz last season?
Maguire has more tackles won, interceptions, Ariel dual, clearance than Diaz. Check their stats last season
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 by hybridblood07(m): 10:55pm On Jun 08, 2021
I'll check but Harry Kane deserves PFA
Dymaco:

Maguire has more tackles won, interceptions, Ariel dual, clearance than Diaz. Check their stats last season

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? / Ranking Every Nigerian Who Scored A Premier League Hat-trick / AFCON : Ghana Dumped Out By Debutants Comoros In One Of AFCON Greatest Shock!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.