Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,293 members, 7,780,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:32 PM

Misleading News On Nairaland Frontpage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Misleading News On Nairaland Frontpage (1269 Views)

Rev. Fr. Ike Odigbo: A Misleading Account On Enugu Security / Former AMCON CEO's Tweet About $300m Nigeria Air Is Misleading And Mischievous / Premium Times Apologises For Misleading Nigerians About Miyetti Allah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Misleading News On Nairaland Frontpage by yorubarere: 8:25pm On Jun 06, 2021
The op just find a way to put his own narratives which is different from the source posted. He also wrote a misleading headline. I guess the Nigerian govt are now controlling nairaland

THE THREAD
https://www.nairaland.com/6590014/britain-warns-twitter-facebook-regulate

THE SOURCE
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9655757/Priti-Patel-blames-Facebook-Twitter-TikTok-soaring-number-migrants.html

WHAT THE OP SAID
Twitter Ban - Britain Follows Nigeria's Lead and Warns Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, Instagram and YouTube To Regulate Their Sites Content

WHAT THE NEWS SAID
Priti Patel blames Facebook, Twitter and TikTok for the soaring number of migrants trying to reach the UK as she orders social media giants to remove posts that 'glamorise' illegal Channel crossings

CONCLUSION
Nairaland should remove itself from being used by the govt agents to peddle their fake news in order to justify their earlier actions of shutting the free speech of the people.

People like myself come here daily either logged or as a guest to check for daily news. Nairaland will lose viewers if we should see they are now working for the govt to repress the people.

The source is there for a reason, the mod that took it to frontpage should have checked before taking it to frontpage. We are not dullards. This is 21st century, no one can start changing the narratives without people asking necessary questions.

The mods can delete this or ban me, but I know I said my mind.

Yours
A Good Yoruba Boy

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Misleading News On Nairaland Frontpage by kingphilip(m): 8:40pm On Jun 06, 2021
Maybe in a bid to secure his business and not thrown out with a ban on NL he will just have to cooperate

1 Like

Re: Misleading News On Nairaland Frontpage by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:42pm On Jun 06, 2021
I saw all that but pretended I didn't notice anything

2 Likes

Re: Misleading News On Nairaland Frontpage by Henrydonland(m): 8:45pm On Jun 06, 2021
Abeg e no consign me , who doesn't know who they work for lipsrsealed
Re: Misleading News On Nairaland Frontpage by khadaffi(m): 8:47pm On Jun 06, 2021
It's like una want make them ban Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Misleading News On Nairaland Frontpage by criminalmindz: 8:52pm On Jun 06, 2021
Seun pls do the need ful, lock the misleading thread.

2 Likes

Re: Misleading News On Nairaland Frontpage by yorubarere: 8:57pm On Jun 06, 2021
This is a worrying trend. Nairaland should not follow that route else you guys will lose viewership.

We are the ones you needed to grow your business not the failing govt.

1 Like

Re: Misleading News On Nairaland Frontpage by yorubarere: 9:02pm On Jun 06, 2021
NaijaRoyalty:
I saw all that but pretended I didn't notice anything
They should keep it up. They will lose lose us and we nairalanders are the nairaland.

Most of us depend on this site for credible news. They shouldn't spoil that.

1 Like

Re: Misleading News On Nairaland Frontpage by yorubarere: 9:04pm On Jun 06, 2021
criminalmindz:
Seun pls do the need ful, lock the misleading thread.
Lock and delete it plus question the mod that took it to frontpage.

This is your business. False narratives should be abhor from every corners.. whether from separatists or the govt.

2 Likes

Re: Misleading News On Nairaland Frontpage by RisenJoe(m): 9:04pm On Jun 06, 2021
Nairaland is following a dangerous trend of tribalism and ethnic bigotry, so they still want add fake news to their portfolios......

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
You guys should check out what the OP said
Re: Misleading News On Nairaland Frontpage by doggedfighter(f): 9:21pm On Jun 06, 2021
Looks like Garba Shehu, Femi Adesina are bank rolling Nairaland.

The BMCS having been running amock and wild here since with utter callousness.

Lalasticlala

Mynd44

Seun

That thread should be brought down and locked.

5 Likes

Re: Misleading News On Nairaland Frontpage by tesseract: 9:30pm On Jun 06, 2021
I also noticed the discrepancy in the headline and the body.
The mod did not even read before moving it to front page. Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Misleading News On Nairaland Frontpage by blackboy(m): 9:32pm On Jun 06, 2021
I am not surprised
Re: Misleading News On Nairaland Frontpage by MrSamsung(m): 9:33pm On Jun 06, 2021
I saw it too but not surprised.

They have been so many fake news on fp

Or have we forgotten how a news about the wife of late COAS also died in the plane crash was pushed to the fp, only to be refuted later. And so many other ones.

Just ignore.

2 Likes

Re: Misleading News On Nairaland Frontpage by Rugaria: 9:37pm On Jun 06, 2021
There's a particular overzealous mod that's fond of doing things like this! Always flinging dubious threads to the front page for sectional interests..
Everybody knows him, including his fellow mods, but seun for whatever reason turn a blind eyes to his unbridled display of ineptitude. So we suffer.. Very Myndless mod like that. Very pro APC, very pro government, very tribal...

3 Likes

Re: Misleading News On Nairaland Frontpage by yorubarere: 10:04pm On Jun 06, 2021
tesseract:
I also noticed the discrepancy in the headline and the body.
The mod did not even read before moving it to front page. Nonsense
I am sure they read it. The mod that pushed that thread to fp should be questioned

2 Likes

Re: Misleading News On Nairaland Frontpage by yorubarere: 10:04pm On Jun 06, 2021
Rugaria:
There's a particular overzealous mod that's fond of doing things like this! Always flinging dubious threads to the front page for sectional interests..
Everybody knows him, including his fellow mods, but seun for whatever reason turn a blind eyes to his unbridled display of ineptitude. So we suffer.. Very Myndless mod like that. Very pro APC, very pro government, very tribal...
You are hunting for trouble cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Misleading News On Nairaland Frontpage by Rodwave: 10:37pm On Jun 06, 2021
yorubarere:

You are hunting from trouble cheesy
Guy no dey fear. Say the truth and be free
Mynd44 is an Apc zombie miscreant.

2 Likes

Re: Misleading News On Nairaland Frontpage by ogbuefi677(m): 10:56pm On Jun 06, 2021
yorubarere:
The op just find a way to put his own narratives which is different from the source posted. He also wrote a misleading headline. I guess the Nigerian govt are now controlling nairaland

THE THREAD

THE SOURCE
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9655757/Priti-Patel-blames-Facebook-Twitter-TikTok-soaring-number-migrants.html

WHAT THE OP SAID
Twitter Ban - Britain Follows Nigeria's Lead and Warns Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, Instagram and YouTube To Regulate Their Sites Content

WHAT THE NEWS SAID
Priti Patel blames Facebook, Twitter and TikTok for the soaring number of migrants trying to reach the UK as she orders social media giants to remove posts that 'glamorise' illegal Channel crossings

CONCLUSION
Nairaland should remove itself from being used by the govt agents to peddle their fake news in order to justify their earlier actions of shutting the free speech of the people.

People like myself come here daily either logged or as a guest to check for daily news. Nairaland will lose viewers if we should see they are now working for the govt to repress the people.

The source is there for a reason, the mod that took it to frontpage should have checked before taking it to frontpage. We are not dullards. This is 21st century, no one can start changing the narratives without people asking necessary questions.

Yours
A Good Yoruba Boy
Britain go soon remember Seun as the owner of the site where anti British propaganda is propagated

2 Likes

Re: Misleading News On Nairaland Frontpage by yorubarere: 6:47am On Jun 07, 2021
ogbuefi677:

Britain go soon remember Seun as the owner of the site where anti British propaganda is propagated
The man will just spoil his website.

1 Like

Re: Misleading News On Nairaland Frontpage by adonis89(m): 7:04am On Jun 07, 2021
Rugaria:
call his name. He is mynd44. A very tribalistic fellow

2 Likes

Re: Misleading News On Nairaland Frontpage by Tonim(f): 7:11am On Jun 07, 2021
Lots of misleading threads abound

1 Like

Re: Misleading News On Nairaland Frontpage by Rugaria: 7:12am On Jun 07, 2021
adonis89:
call his name. He is mynd44. A very tribalistic fellow
Don't worry..
One day I go catch him for street corner and I will...

Re: Misleading News On Nairaland Frontpage by nairalandankrah: 7:41am On Jun 07, 2021
If seun is a Christian like he claim, then he can't escape Gods judgement..
Man can only destroy the flesh, but He should fear God who will destroy both flesh and soul in hell..

Seun Is better you dissolve nairaland, than to use it to peddle deciet and lies.cos you'll never escape Gods judgement.. He knows you own nairaland and you're responsible for it..
Re: Misleading News On Nairaland Frontpage by plaindealer: 7:51am On Jun 07, 2021
yorubarere:

THE THREAD

THE SOURCE

WHAT THE OP SAID

WHAT THE NEWS SAID

CONCLUSION

Yours
A Good Yoruba Boy

You obviously don't know how to read and comprehend, the OP you quoted said UK warned twitter which they actually did, it's right there in the same headlines you said the OP lied about. The OP said Britain Follows Nigeria's Lead and Warns Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, Instagram and YouTube To Regulate Their Sites Content which they actually did, it's right there in the article.
Re: Misleading News On Nairaland Frontpage by yorubarere: 7:58am On Jun 07, 2021
plaindealer:

You obviously don't know how to read and comprehend, the OP you quoted said UK warned twitter which they actually did, it's right there in the same headlines you said the OP lied about. The OP said Britain Follows Nigeria's Lead and Warns Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, Instagram and YouTube To Regulate Their Sites Content which they actually did, it's right there in the article.

It is pointless arguing with you. You are one of their enablers. I know your handle very well.
Re: Misleading News On Nairaland Frontpage by kponkedenge(m): 8:05am On Jun 07, 2021
I also noticed too that there are some particular handles that their thread always grace the front page..... No matter how silly the thread is.

I remember opening a thread some years ago on joke section, it didn't make home page.... Few days later, someone opened the same thing, using the picture I attached and I saw it on the home page.

How about one statement I jokingly made about Seun, I was banned by a mod for the statement.... A while later a popular handle on romance section made exactly the same statement but he wasn't banned.

The mods are biased....I'm an old member on nairaland, even older than most of these mods.... Just that I abandoned my old handle I opened in 2006 for private reasons..... So when I see them playing 'god' here, I just smile.
Re: Misleading News On Nairaland Frontpage by id911(m): 8:11am On Jun 07, 2021
nairalandankrah:
If seun is a Christian like he claim, then he can't escape Gods judgement..
Man can only destroy the flesh, but He should fear God who will destroy both flesh and soul in hell..

Seun Is better you dissolve nairaland, than to use it to peddle deciet and lies.cos you'll never escape Gods judgement.. He knows you own nairaland and you're responsible for it..

grin grin
Re: Misleading News On Nairaland Frontpage by olisaEze(m): 8:12am On Jun 07, 2021
After the twitter ban, they have no other choice but to thrive on NL since no one is interested in the propaganda showing on NTA. grin
Re: Misleading News On Nairaland Frontpage by 3idiots: 8:31am On Jun 07, 2021

Op don't stress urself... We all know what's going on
Re: Misleading News On Nairaland Frontpage by Nobody: 8:36am On Jun 07, 2021
I don't believe anything I read here. If I want real news, I know where to go to. Nairaland has been hijacked by Buhari cows who have sold their consciences for 30k.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria: There Was Amalgamation Agreement,may No Longer Be Enforceable—ocj Okoch / The Main & Only Reason Why Nigeria Will Never Be Divided Into Nations / ''One Nigeria IS What I Want'' - Chief Allen Onyema - Air Peace CEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.