Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,838 members, 7,802,683 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

Nigeria Loses ₦2 Billion Daily To Twitter Ban - NetBlocks (Sahara Reporters) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Loses ₦2 Billion Daily To Twitter Ban - NetBlocks (Sahara Reporters) (36512 Views)

Twitter Ban: Nigerians Lose N150.46bn In Two Months - NetBlocks / Army Kills 38 Boko Haram Fighters, Loses 2 Soldiers In Chikingudu, Borno / Border Closure: Customs Rakes In N6 Billion Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Loses ₦2 Billion Daily To Twitter Ban - NetBlocks (Sahara Reporters) by Misterone: 10:00am On Jun 07, 2021
Farki:

MAJOR GENERAL Bullhari fooled a large section of the country with the promise of security.

The promise to end Boko Haram and rebuild from the ruins of the Jonathan administration, after SIX BLOODY YEARS it has gotten worse.

A Major General who doesn't know his left from his right.

A General who sees soldiers come on camera to blast the chief of staff for incompetence yet does nothing.

A general who has his aides making statements and pushing legislation and he is not aware.

A major General who sleeps when bandits attack his home town yet sends the roughest and most muscular military forces against youths with cardboard signs.

A major General who crippled the economy with his stupid and senseless border closer and cries about lack of funds.

A major General who wants to fight terrorism with prayers.

That major General is an idiot and a fool who should give up all military titles.

If I as a citizen take up arms to defend my community the bastard major general and his kinsmen will block the move, call it unconstitutional, send armed men after my people. A useless major general that has made defending yourself a crime.

He is a fool and all those who support him are even bigger fools who deserve the Nigeria they live in.
Go Ghana now! you this man, go! go!! goooo!!!
Re: Nigeria Loses ₦2 Billion Daily To Twitter Ban - NetBlocks (Sahara Reporters) by Misterone: 10:05am On Jun 07, 2021
Farki:

MAJOR GENERAL Bullhari fooled a large section of the country with the promise of security.

The promise to end Boko Haram and rebuild from the ruins of the Jonathan administration, after SIX BLOODY YEARS it has gotten worse.

A Major General who doesn't know his left from his right.

A General who sees soldiers come on camera to blast the chief of staff for incompetence yet does nothing.

A general who has his aides making statements and pushing legislation and he is not aware.

A major General who sleeps when bandits attack his home town yet sends the roughest and most muscular military forces against youths with cardboard signs.

A major General who crippled the economy with his stupid and senseless border closer and cries about lack of funds.

A major General who wants to fight terrorism with prayers.

That major General is an idiot and a fool who should give up all military titles.

If I as a citizen take up arms to defend my community the bastard major general and his kinsmen will block the move, call it unconstitutional, send armed men after my people. A useless major general that has made defending yourself a crime.

He is a fool and all those who support him are even bigger fools who deserve the Nigeria they live in.
We Know your plans, you want to make the country Ungovernable so that you will us back door to steal government.
Re: Nigeria Loses ₦2 Billion Daily To Twitter Ban - NetBlocks (Sahara Reporters) by Farki: 10:07am On Jun 07, 2021
Misterone:
We Know your plans, you want to make the country Ungovernable so that you will us back door to steal government.

You are a mad man, get out of my mentions idiot!

Bandits just killed 40 on Zamfara and you're here talking nonsense. angry
Re: Nigeria Loses ₦2 Billion Daily To Twitter Ban - NetBlocks (Sahara Reporters) by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 10:12am On Jun 07, 2021
Misterone:
See mumu! I am sure you don't have a job that's why you mentioned "good leaders" and "poverty" in your statement cause I have observed that it is only jobless and poverty stricking imbeciles that complain of government. the others are PDP apologists, IPOB and Criminals. So which of them are you? Note, you have two hands and feet. Don't wait for government to do for you what you can do for yourself.

Come let me employ you in one of my sites.......I have a Yoruba brother from Ekiti ( Tobi) as a carpenter here with two of your brothers as well ,..if you doubt I will give your their numbers to call and confirm ......

IGBOS INSULTS OTHER TRIBES...

I wonder who is insulting which tribe now when I didn't mention Yoruba to my quote ..lols

I have Mason, serving Mason, PoP , and labour works for you, contact your fellow Yoruba bros that are doing good in it here if you want to learn skills and stop polluting the environment with your myopic mindset about our dead government....

Check my signature for details.,...
Cheerssssss.,.,..
CJKATAS KONSULTS LTD....
Re: Nigeria Loses ₦2 Billion Daily To Twitter Ban - NetBlocks (Sahara Reporters) by Misterone: 10:13am On Jun 07, 2021
Farki:

You are a mad man, get out of my mentions idiot!

Bandits just killed 40 on Zamfara and you're here talking nonsense. angry
you are an animal. you PDP apologists are the one sponsoring these criminalites. you don't mind killing people for Kobo Kobo.
Re: Nigeria Loses ₦2 Billion Daily To Twitter Ban - NetBlocks (Sahara Reporters) by Brenn594(m): 10:15am On Jun 07, 2021
Our yeyebrities after readin dis"oh me wey get 1 million followers!"

Re: Nigeria Loses ₦2 Billion Daily To Twitter Ban - NetBlocks (Sahara Reporters) by sammy329(m): 10:17am On Jun 07, 2021
Dymaco:

Did china follow due process to ban social media? They ban social media to grow their own chat, wechat which is like WhatsApp.

Do you think any country will like to invest in Nigeria knowing fully well that government can wake up and ban his investment without due process. If he go to court, government will still win him
grin grin grin grin grin ;

China!!!! Due process? grin

You don't know anything about China and its communist regime
Re: Nigeria Loses ₦2 Billion Daily To Twitter Ban - NetBlocks (Sahara Reporters) by Misterone: 10:17am On Jun 07, 2021
ArcSEMPECJ:

Come let me employ you in one of my sites.......I have a Yoruba brother from Ekiti ( Tobi) as a carpenter here with two of your brothers as well ,..if you doubt I will give your their numbers to call and confirm ......

IGBOS INSULTS OTHER TRIBES...

I wonder who is insulting which tribe now when I didn't mention Yoruba to my quote ..lols

I have Mason, serving Mason, PoP , and labour works for you, contact your fellow Yoruba bros that are doing good in it here if you want to learn skills and stop polluting the environment with your myopic mindset about our dead government....

Check my signature for details.,...
Cheerssssss.,.,..
CJKATAS KONSULTS LTD....

Ewu gorilla. you are a tribalist and bigot.
Re: Nigeria Loses ₦2 Billion Daily To Twitter Ban - NetBlocks (Sahara Reporters) by Farki: 10:22am On Jun 07, 2021
Misterone:
you are an animal. you PDP apologists are the one sponsoring these criminalites

So Boko Haram, Fulani Bandits, IPOB and Yoruba agitators are working together for the sole purpose of making Buhari look bad.

People are dying and you're talking about politics.

Now are we going to vote when we're fucking DEAD?

Please just get out and look for your brain on the way street corner you left it. undecided

Farki:

Wasn't it Nnamdi Kanu that started bringing Yorubas into Ipob matter? Wasn't it you people screaming afonja because Johnny and his illiterate wife lost the election? Before then what concerns us with Ipob? undecided

Abeg you IPOB cowards should go and sleep, only making mouth online can't do anything in real life. grin
Re: Nigeria Loses ₦2 Billion Daily To Twitter Ban - NetBlocks (Sahara Reporters) by jontim: 10:59am On Jun 07, 2021
linearity:

You didn’t understand the part ‘Nigeria is loosing about N2 billion daily due to the Twitter ban’.

There is nothing in the story that suggests that, that money was accruing to Twitter.

Twitter is mainly an advertisement platform, Nigerians and Nigeria companies just like others go to Twitter to advertise so to reach a wider audience through Twitter.

These reaches, in turn generate business leads, markets and customers for these Nigeria businesses. to which they can sell goods and services to in order to earn money.

There are also many Nigerians Youths who are jobless but earn income through Twitter.

These two source of in flow of revenue to Nigeria is now lost as a result of the ban, that is what is been tagged as N2 billion above, but I doubt those values, but the bottomline remains that, it is Nigeria that will loss revenue as a result of this ban in comparison to Twitter.

The post is actually fake
Re: Nigeria Loses ₦2 Billion Daily To Twitter Ban - NetBlocks (Sahara Reporters) by Misterone: 11:01am On Jun 07, 2021
Farki:

So Boko Haram, Fulani Bandits, IPOB and Yoruba agitators are working together for the sole purpose of making Buhari look bad.

People are dying and you're talking about politics.

Now are we going to vote when we're fucking DEAD?

Please just get out and look for your brain on the way street corner you left it. undecided

Farki! Farki!! Farki!!! get sense. If na small, get sense
Re: Nigeria Loses ₦2 Billion Daily To Twitter Ban - NetBlocks (Sahara Reporters) by HIPROFILE(m): 12:25pm On Jun 07, 2021
plaindealer:

Are the herdsmen the so-called unknown gunmen and ipob terrorist slaughtering ibo people in your village?

Are herdsmen burning houses, businesses, INEC office, police stations and courthouses in the SE or ipob terrorists?

What are you doing about the IPOB terorrists and unknow terrorists killing ibo people in the SE?

Yes of no doubt that and its activities is a problem but can you reason with your brains off the ethnic sentiments...

No kind of crime is worth celebrating...

You can not say you have not heard nor seen the nefarious acts of the herds men across the country and no persecution they even have a spokesperson who would always threaten to unleash more havoc if the host communities ever hurt a cow talk more of a fulani being touched the Government developed blind eye towards those shit

Mind you Initially ESN was out there in the bush to curb the massacres carried out by these evil cattle herders-men not until FG sent Navy and its Ground military to orlu to kill innocent people that was when those hoodlums came out from the bush and things has never been the same.

Just imagine what happened few days ago at oyo ipaba how those guys were burtchered and hear the state governor say they should be calm.

That was exact way The Benue Governor was sounding not until he started getting the message The Igbos has been preaching about.

Except if you are housa but even the Hausa is not safe

Incase you dont know there is an underground and systematic war from fulani against all other tribe in Nigeria you may continue to condemn the igbos and say whatever you want to say All I know is the FG lack the wisdom to solve national problems governance is not all about protecting your own and intimidate others while expect peace to be.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Loses ₦2 Billion Daily To Twitter Ban - NetBlocks (Sahara Reporters) by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 12:29pm On Jun 07, 2021
Misterone:
Ewu gorilla. you are a tribalist and bigot.

Thought you are here to learn.and make good contacts.....I have your brothers working for me as I speak to you now......

Keep wailing....as others continue to become useful
Soon you will join Boko Haram as a frustrated man
Re: Nigeria Loses ₦2 Billion Daily To Twitter Ban - NetBlocks (Sahara Reporters) by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 07, 2021
[s]
plaindealer:
[s][/s]

You ipob terrorists using your ipob terrorist group and gunmen using Twitter to terrorize, kill and threaten Nigeria is no more, thanks to PMB and the Nigerian government and whatever people are selling on Twitter is beneath Nigeria as a sovereign nation and Nigeria's national security.

You Igbos can be annoyingly boring sha..
[/s]
Re: Nigeria Loses ₦2 Billion Daily To Twitter Ban - NetBlocks (Sahara Reporters) by igbowoman: 12:52pm On Jun 07, 2021
Do you think lie Mohamad with mouth like person wey dey suck boil cares?
Re: Nigeria Loses ₦2 Billion Daily To Twitter Ban - NetBlocks (Sahara Reporters) by chrisooblog: 1:25pm On Jun 07, 2021
I beg to disagree with you that shutting down twitter in Nigeria won't have big implications on the economy. I know for a fact that alot of businesses like banks, fintechs and other kinds of service providers use the platform to serve there customers as well as potentially generate income through twitter posts. I don't think the FG thought this thing through because if they did then they would have considered the greater implications that shutting down twitter would have on our already battered economy that is on life support.

On the action of FG from a protection of our sovereignty point of view yes government is within its rights to take that action but is it the best course of action they could have taken? Did they write to twitter to explain the context of PMB's deleted tweet? Whichever way you look at it this suspension will be rightly construed as an attempt to suppress freedom of speech.

Now I'm not a fan of Buhari or his government save for one or two people like the VP and Tolu Ogunlesi but I also found nothing genocidal about the deleted tweet. Yes the language was unpresidential which the handlers could have done a better job of clearing up. I also see some actions of twitter as being hypocritical banning the PMB's tweet yet allowing Nnamdi Kanu to spew all kinds of hate using their medium. Why it took them getting banned by the FG before they acted on Kanu's tweets only they can answer. FG should learn not to treat every problem as a nail that requires the use of a hammer to treat all the time.

FG has to reverse itself at some point because going against a major American concern like twitter is something that will draw the attention of the Biden administration which we don't need now.

What is even puzzling me the more is the few things this government is doing well it's the same twitter that they use to inform us about so how will the citizens know what you are doing? Plus is it not the height of hypocrisy that twitter that helped you kick out GEJ is no longer bae when your opponents use that same channel against you? The FG needs to learn how to find more subtle ways of addressing issues instead of this ban ban attitude of theirs.

PMB really fell into kanu's trap by giving him relevance. Same as OBJ with Asari Dokubo, UMYA and GEJ with Boko haram. Better handling of these issues would have nipped them in the bud before they became the monsters we (they) made apologies to Burna Boy.

No doubt this is a spectacular own goal for the APC administration but I'm not sure the opposition will be able to capitalize on it.

plaindealer:

There's no proof or any documented or financial evidence to corroborate the fake story, it was somebody's imagination without rational facts.

We'll take you seriously when you are able to show us the Nigerians advertising on Twitter, how much they spent on Twitter per day and how many times they advertise on Twitter.

When you are done, show us the advert receipts the Nigerian businesses received from Twitter, then let us add them up together to arrive at your bogus 2 billion figure.

Was a poll conducted to determine the number of Nigerians advertising on the internet?

Was any financial data released by Twitter stating the number of Nigerians spending money on Twitter and how much they are spending?
The fact that many of you are so gullible that you swallow and drink whatever bogus and meaningless internet trash doesn't mean the rest of us must swallow the same rubbish.

...besides, not eerything is about moiney, your pride, your own country and dignity should come first.

Beats me how you ingested this random internet assumption without any official financial documentation and figures.

Re: Nigeria Loses ₦2 Billion Daily To Twitter Ban - NetBlocks (Sahara Reporters) by Freezby2020: 2:46pm On Jun 07, 2021
Re: Nigeria Loses ₦2 Billion Daily To Twitter Ban - NetBlocks (Sahara Reporters) by Nasww22nasww: 3:12pm On Jun 07, 2021
Hg
Re: Nigeria Loses ₦2 Billion Daily To Twitter Ban - NetBlocks (Sahara Reporters) by occam(m): 4:55pm On Jun 07, 2021
People need to pump the brake on this Twitter. How did they calculate that Nigeria loses 2bn every day? Nigerians advertise on Twitter and all that ad revenue goes to Twitter, Not Nigerians. They don't pay tax in Nigeria and employ few Nigerians. In fact, worldwide they made $3b which is tax-sheltered in Bermuda. Right now, the EU is fighting Twitter & other social media to pay tax on income earned in their countries.

People can switch to Facebook and Instagram to advertise their products. These are even more effective in driving sales. Twitter is primarily used to propagate political or social messages. The very reason it was banned in China. And Chinese economy is thriving without it

So I don't see the reason for all the noise about the impact on our economy. I think this is an opportunity to develop a local digital marketing platform and steal some of the 40 million Twitter users in Nigeria. Our local tech companies can earn the ad revenue instead. A prolonged ban on Twitter may be a silver lining for our own local platforms to shine.
Re: Nigeria Loses ₦2 Billion Daily To Twitter Ban - NetBlocks (Sahara Reporters) by StarsReporters1(m): 6:30pm On Jun 07, 2021

Re: Nigeria Loses ₦2 Billion Daily To Twitter Ban - NetBlocks (Sahara Reporters) by DedeNkem: 8:33pm On Jun 07, 2021
Henrydonland:
Which sensible person will see the tweet of buhari and support his actions.

Some id*iots supported him!
Re: Nigeria Loses ₦2 Billion Daily To Twitter Ban - NetBlocks (Sahara Reporters) by DedeNkem: 8:35pm On Jun 07, 2021
The North has destroyed this country. It turned it into a zoo!
Re: Nigeria Loses ₦2 Billion Daily To Twitter Ban - NetBlocks (Sahara Reporters) by Misterone: 10:16pm On Jun 07, 2021
ArcSEMPECJ:

Thought you are here to learn.and make good contacts.....I have your brothers working for me as I speak to you now......

Keep wailing....as others continue to become useful
Soon you will join Boko Haram as a frustrated man
I am from the SS and I have a good job.
Re: Nigeria Loses ₦2 Billion Daily To Twitter Ban - NetBlocks (Sahara Reporters) by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 1:35pm On Jun 08, 2021
Misterone:
I am from the SS and I have a good job.

Ok good..... let's keep the good works going

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Heavy Rain, Thunderstorms, Disperse Yoruba Nation Agitators In Osogbo / PDP Convention: South-east, North-east Delegates Split Over Saraki, Atiku / Atiku Floors Buhari In Akwanga West In Nasarawa. — The Cable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.