Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,204 members, 7,780,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:06 PM

Your Thoughts On Tortise Farming - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Your Thoughts On Tortise Farming (749 Views)

Thoughts On Biomass Energy? / Farmcrowdy on The Future Of Agriculture In Nigeria: Share Your Thoughts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Thoughts On Tortise Farming by Vhickymanny(m): 4:32pm On Jun 07, 2021
Would love to start tearing tortise...Do you guys think it is a lucrative business to invest in and how long do it take for them to grow .

Thanks

Re: Your Thoughts On Tortise Farming by oz4real83(m): 5:16pm On Jun 07, 2021
Wasted investment. There is a parable in Benin that says that "no matter how sweet the meat of a tortoise is, you can never use it to serve a guest". Apart from native doctors and traditional worshippers, no other persons will intentionally patronise a "tortoise farm" lipsrsealed.

2 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Tortise Farming by Christistruth00: 6:12pm On Jun 07, 2021
You can do Snail farming
Re: Your Thoughts On Tortise Farming by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 07, 2021
Unless you plan on starting a business centred around exportation of tortoise shell.

I hear it is widely sort after in Asia- e.g. Vietnam.

I don't know how regulated it is in Nigeria but I don't believe it is all that heavily regulated.

So, go ahead and start your farm and see where it leads. But you must do some more research before anything.
Re: Your Thoughts On Tortise Farming by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 07, 2021
oz4real83:
Wasted investment. There is a parable in Benin that says that "no matter how sweet the meat of a tortoise is, you can never use it to serve a guest". Apart from native doctors and traditional worshippers, no other persons will intentionally patronise a "tortoise farm" lipsrsealed.

You know they export the shell, right?

It is a bit expensive on the international market. So, why bother selling to voodoo priests eh?

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Tortise Farming by xreal: 9:19pm On Jun 07, 2021
Christistruth00:
You can do Snail farming

Why the option of snail? Is it because they both (tortoise and snail) have shells? grin

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Tortise Farming by Christistruth00: 1:13pm On Jun 08, 2021
xreal:

Why the option of snail? Is it because they both (tortoise and snail) have shells? grin

They are raised in a Similar Way
Re: Your Thoughts On Tortise Farming by Christistruth00: 1:14pm On Jun 08, 2021
xreal:

And Snail has huge demand here and abroad
Re: Your Thoughts On Tortise Farming by Aquilazng(m): 4:32pm On Jun 08, 2021
Op, where are you going to stock your farm from? Instead, go into maggots rearing/production. Its very lucrative.
Re: Your Thoughts On Tortise Farming by xreal: 7:43pm On Jun 08, 2021
Christistruth00:

And Snail has huge demand here and abroad

Oh, ok. Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

I Own A Plot Of Land And A Capital Of 1million Naira, Can I Start Pig Rearing? / Opportunities In Agro Storage / How To Skin A Rabbit Meat Quickly And Easily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.