Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Twitter Ban: Using Free VPN Is Not Safe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Twitter Ban: Using Free VPN Is Not Safe (620 Views)

‘Abuja Not Safe’: Folorunsho Ariyo Killed Alongside Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar / Pastor Giwa: Buhari Not Safe In Aso Rock, He Should Resign / Nnamdi Kanu Is Not 'Safe And Well In London' - Femi Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twitter Ban: Using Free VPN Is Not Safe by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 07, 2021
Some days ago, I made a topic about how you are not safe from the Government blocking twitter even if you use VPN. You cannot read it here
https://www.nairaland.com/6587962/twitter-ban-even-vpn-fg

Here is another shocker. Using a free VPN service is not safe for your privacy. First, you must know that Nothing is free on the internet. The company that offers you free service makes their money through another means. Some years back, companies who offer free services relied on advertisements to make their money back. But in this present day of Data Mining, user data is Gold.

Running a VPN service requires a huge monetary investment in software, hardware, Internet, Electricity, etc. In 2005, the US invested up to $685,000 for the development of DynaWeb a sophisticated anti-blocking VPN service to counter the GFW.

You can get a premium or free VPN service. However, if you are using free service, those APPs or companies need to finance their backend operation. To make this money, they engaged in the dubious business of selling users' data. The kind of data they steal from you is your web activities, cookies, browsing history, location, if possible your password (am not sure if they are not planning to steal your soul too).

There are lots of technical jargons to this, but how do you know which VPN you should avoid, it is the one that changes location frequently. This is because they connect you to an Open Proxy server (mostly not owned by the app maker). An open Proxy server can be compromised, using it is at your risk.

My recommendation is that you should use a premium VPN service that does change location. An example is Windscribe or any other that grant you free to use before pay.
Re: Twitter Ban: Using Free VPN Is Not Safe by oranget(m): 5:32pm On Jun 07, 2021
FreelanceRebel:
Some days ago, I made a topic about how you are not safe from the Government blocking twitter even if you use VPN. You cannot read it here

Here is another shocker. Using a free VPN service is not safe for your privacy. First, you must know that Nothing is free on the internet. The company that offers you free service makes their money through another means. Some years back, companies who offer free services relied on advertisements to make their money back. But in this present day of Data Mining, user data is Gold.

Running a VPN service requires a huge monetary investment in software, hardware, Internet, Electricity, etc. In 2005, the US invested up to $685,000 for the development of DynaWeb a sophisticated anti-blocking VPN service to counter the GFW.

You can get a premium or free VPN service. However, if you are using free service, those APPs or companies need to finance their backend operation. To make this money, they engaged in the dubious business of selling users' data. The kind of data they steal from you is your web activities, cookies, browsing history, location, if possible your password (am not sure if they are not planning to steal your soul too).

There are lots of technical jargons to this, but how do you know which VPN you should avoid, it is the one that changes location frequently. This is because they connect you to an Open Proxy server (mostly not owned by the app maker). An open Proxy server can be compromised, using it is at your risk.

My recommendation is that you should use a premium VPN service that does change location. An example is Windscribe or any other that grant you free to use before pay.

Why should I use VPN when I can still access twitter successfully without VPN?
Re: Twitter Ban: Using Free VPN Is Not Safe by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jun 07, 2021
You're so pained that they've bypassing the ban you can't even sleep for a minute.

There are currently more than two ways to use Twitter without VPN

Stop sweating it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter Ban: Using Free VPN Is Not Safe by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jun 07, 2021
blizard44:
You're so pained that they've bypassing the ban you can't even sleep for a minute.

There are currently more than two ways to use Twitter without VPN

Stop sweating it.

Well, if you read his comment, he did suggest using a VPN that might be very safe...Windscribe....and he suggested you don't use VPN's that change positions.

To quote the guy

I have been using Windscribe myself for 9 months. Works well...but I suggest Proton too.

OP is not discouraging you from using VPN...he is just telling you to be careful.
Re: Twitter Ban: Using Free VPN Is Not Safe by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 07, 2021
Keep crying
Re: Twitter Ban: Using Free VPN Is Not Safe by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 07, 2021
Mikecold:
Keep crying

He did make this suggestion

I don't know about OP's polticcal feelings...but if he was pro-APC he would have told us not to use any VPN service at all.
Re: Twitter Ban: Using Free VPN Is Not Safe by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 07, 2021
Beancounter93:

He did make this suggestion

I don't know about OP's polticcal feelings...but if he was pro-APC he would have told us not to use any VPN service at all.

All is Taqiya

They went from saying don't use vpn at all to saying use selected premium ones since everyone can't afford such

They are all the same shameless fools running naked since the ban
Re: Twitter Ban: Using Free VPN Is Not Safe by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 07, 2021
Mikecold:
All is Taqiya

They went from saying don't use vpn at all to saying use selected premium ones since everyone can't afford such

They are all the same shameless fools running naked since the ban

Well, speaking as a vpn user, there are several good VPN providers out there.
Re: Twitter Ban: Using Free VPN Is Not Safe by Kingspin(m): 6:51pm On Jun 07, 2021
FreelanceRebel:

Is there anything that is save in this world?

Dissappear from here
Re: Twitter Ban: Using Free VPN Is Not Safe by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 07, 2021
Beancounter93:

That's not the issue here

The issue is exposing the Terrorist fulani op who is running naked under the VPN advise

Here is the screenshot shot of the fulani Terrorist been pro buhari north

Re: Twitter Ban: Using Free VPN Is Not Safe by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jun 07, 2021
Mikecold:
That's not the issue here
The issue is exposing the Terrorist fulani op who is running naked under the VPN advise
Here is the screenshot shot of the fulani Terrorist been pro buhari north

To you Ipobian everyone with a diverse opinion is Fulani

Below are random post from us
FreelanceRebel:

When Jesus resurrected, they say it wasn't true, even people who supported the claim were killed in a bid to kill the truth.
Just believe and be save

FreelanceRebel:

In the first Place churches does not need to be registered to operate, besides the need to Operate Corporate Banking. Accountability is what made church move away from using individual bank account.

Since government is not funding them why should they care how fund are being utilized?
Why not allow the church body employed the service of auditors themselves?
Since we have EFCC, ICPC and the likes to checkmate corrupt practices what stop the Government from using those apparatus?
Re: Twitter Ban: Using Free VPN Is Not Safe by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 07, 2021
FreelanceRebel:

To you Ipobian everyone with a diverse opinion is Fulani

Below are random post from us

keep playing Taqiya and editing your posts you have been bursted

Your admittance of Jesus as God self doesn't make any difference, your Quran has accepted that in it's defeat

By the way I am not Igbo since your fulani hate for Igbo is overwhelming you
Re: Twitter Ban: Using Free VPN Is Not Safe by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jun 07, 2021
FreelanceRebel:
[s]Some days ago, I made a topic about how you are not safe from the Government blocking twitter even if you use VPN. You cannot read it here

My recommendation is that you should use a premium VPN service that does change location. An example is Windscribe or any other that grant you free to use before pay.[/s]

Stop stressing yourself.

Let the people use whatever they want to use. Keep the knowledge to yourself.
Re: Twitter Ban: Using Free VPN Is Not Safe by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jun 07, 2021
Mikecold:
keep playing Taqiya and editing your posts you have been bursted

Your admittance of Jesus as God self doesn't make any difference, your Quran has accepted that in it's defeat

By the way I am not Igbo since your fulani hate for Igbo is overwhelming you

Semi na wa jo afigi fonkun ni
Nigba te ti se omo ibo, e bu owo fun aranyi.

Iyo o dun obe, lomu ki obe te
Re: Twitter Ban: Using Free VPN Is Not Safe by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 07, 2021
Osagyefo98:

Stop stressing yourself.

Let the people use whatever they want to use. Keep the knowledge to yourself.

Keep your time to yourself, logout of Nairaland
Re: Twitter Ban: Using Free VPN Is Not Safe by Nobody: 8:09am On Jun 09, 2021
Beancounter93:

Just leaves them to their ignorance. Bitterness sometimes blind the eyes and the mind.
Re: Twitter Ban: Using Free VPN Is Not Safe by Monogamy: 8:24am On Jun 09, 2021
That's what people don't know... Most Vpn servers are vulnerable to privacy theft

All those free vpn have keyword loggers to steal someone's information
Re: Twitter Ban: Using Free VPN Is Not Safe by Christiansen(m): 8:28am On Jun 09, 2021
Sharap!

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Unveils 1st Ever Made-in-nigeria Mobile Phone / Gov. Uzodimma Extends Hands Of Support To The Dss / Kanu Case ,male Judge From Southeast Should Replace Nyako

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.