Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,214 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

How Do One Go About Mortgage In Lagos - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do One Go About Mortgage In Lagos (896 Views)

Selling Your House On Mortgage In London / Nigeria’s Top 5 Mortgage Lenders As Of 2022 / Pay Off Mortgage Early - Planning For Great Financial Benefits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do One Go About Mortgage In Lagos by lastburn(m): 7:32pm On Jun 07, 2021
How do I go about getting a loan or mortgage here in Lagos? Anyone with a useful information should please share
Re: How Do One Go About Mortgage In Lagos by victor2008(m): 7:39pm On Jun 07, 2021
Lagos homs google it
Re: How Do One Go About Mortgage In Lagos by Holajaid(m): 7:49pm On Jun 07, 2021
Federal mortgage Bank
Ikoyi.

Google it

for more details
Re: How Do One Go About Mortgage In Lagos by lastburn(m): 7:53pm On Jun 07, 2021
Thanks so much
Re: How Do One Go About Mortgage In Lagos by BuyAndSellStuff: 8:48pm On Jun 07, 2021
lastburn:
How do I go about getting a loan or mortgage here in Lagos? Anyone with a useful information should please share

Haba.
Just walk into any bank you like. Tell them you need a loan. They'll request for your collateral, tell them your landed property.

You will complete forms & some procedures. Then you will make payment so an independent valuer can determine the value of your property beause banks always give a certain percentage of your property's forced sale value as loan.

Example, if its 60% limit and your property is valued at N100m, it means they cannot give you more than N60m.
Re: How Do One Go About Mortgage In Lagos by Holajaid(m): 9:15pm On Jun 07, 2021
BuyAndSellStuff:

Haba.
Just walk into any bank you like. Tell them you need a loan. They'll request for your collateral, tell them your landed property.

You will complete forms & some procedures. Then you will make payment so an independent valuer can determine the value of your property beause banks always give a certain percentage of your property's forced sale value as loan.

Example, if its 60% limit and your property is valued at N100m, it means they cannot give you more than N60m.

Pls, can those banks give 5yrs or more for payback??
Re: How Do One Go About Mortgage In Lagos by BuyAndSellStuff: 10:06pm On Jun 07, 2021
Holajaid:

Pls, can those banks give 5yrs or more for payback??

I really don't know about tenor. It usually depends on the bank but 24 months is common.
Re: How Do One Go About Mortgage In Lagos by lastburn(m): 3:42pm On Oct 11, 2021
BuyAndSellStuff:

Haba.

Banks don't give loans like that anymore bro. Bank will ask of your cash flow and if you don't have money coming in and leaving your account forget about loan even if you have five different buildings as collateral and need only 2million

1 Like

Re: How Do One Go About Mortgage In Lagos by BuyAndSellStuff: 9:13pm On Oct 13, 2021
[s]
lastburn:

Banks don't give loans like that anymore bro. Bank will ask of your cash flow and if you don't have money coming in and leaving your account forget about loan even if you have five different buildings as collateral and need only 2million
[/s]

I was referring to commercial banks not your community or cooperative banks.

Why will any bank reject a landed property as collateral? You are dumb.
Re: How Do One Go About Mortgage In Lagos by lastburn(m): 10:47am On Oct 15, 2021
BuyAndSellStuff:
[s][/s]

No insults but you living in the past. No loan without cash flow unless you looking for a loan of less than 500k. Maybe you should walk into a bank and ask for a loan with your father's house and see if you will get one dumb ass!
Re: How Do One Go About Mortgage In Lagos by SavageResponse(m): 11:59am On Oct 15, 2021
BuyAndSellStuff:
[s][/s]

What he told you is true, you're the one who is ignorant!
Re: How Do One Go About Mortgage In Lagos by BuyAndSellStuff: 11:54pm On Oct 15, 2021
[s]
lastburn:

No insults but you living in the past. No loan without cash flow unless you looking for a loan of less than 500k. Maybe you should walk into a bank and ask for a loan with your father's house and see if you will get one dumb ass!
[/s]

The landed property has to be in your name, you bloody demented fool.
Re: How Do One Go About Mortgage In Lagos by BuyAndSellStuff: 11:55pm On Oct 15, 2021
[s]
SavageResponse:

What he told you is true, you're the one who is ignorant!
[/s]

You are uneducated.
No bank rejects landed property as collateral unless it has been tendered elsewhere you bloody illiterate!
Re: How Do One Go About Mortgage In Lagos by SavageResponse(m): 12:17am On Oct 16, 2021
BuyAndSellStuff:
[s][/s]

You are uneducated.
No bank rejects landed property as collateral unless it has been tendered elsewhere you bloody illiterate!

Oya na, make you carry your yeye landed property go bank make we see who go give you loan if you no fit show any evidence of regular inflow of cash. grin

See ignoramus calling someone an illiterate
Re: How Do One Go About Mortgage In Lagos by BuyAndSellStuff: 11:16pm On Oct 16, 2021
[s]
SavageResponse:

Oya na, make you carry your yeye landed property go bank make we see who go give you loan if you no fit show any evidence of regular inflow of cash. grin

See ignoramus calling someone an illiterate
[/s]

Landed property collaterals are to be recovered and liquidated upon loan default so what exactly do you still need client's inflow for since loan security is not based on turnover??

Na wa for Nairaland o! You go bank with forged documents, dem reject you. Now you wan take am generalize your problem to affect everybody.

By the way, you're arguing with an ex-banker (not cashier/customer care agent).

Good night abeg.
Re: How Do One Go About Mortgage In Lagos by Btaipei(m): 5:42am On Oct 17, 2021
Oga,this days banks dont need ur landed property.they want to be sure of money that comes in and goes out of ur accounts every month up to six months.before u can get a loan
Re: How Do One Go About Mortgage In Lagos by SavageResponse(m): 10:15am On Oct 17, 2021
BuyAndSellStuff:
[s][/s]

Landed property collaterals are to be recovered and liquidated upon loan default so what exactly do you still need client's inflow for since loan security is not based on turnover??

Na wa for Nairaland o! You go bank with forged documents, dem reject you. Now you wan take am generalize your problem to affect everybody.

By the way, you're arguing with an ex-banker (not cashier/customer care agent).

Good night abeg.

So what if you were just an ordinary ex-banker?

You probably left banking in 1980...things have changed!

I want to maintain my anonymity here otherwise I for show you say I pass you by far as far as knowledge of Standard Operating Procedure of banks is concerned! grin
Re: How Do One Go About Mortgage In Lagos by BuyAndSellStuff: 2:07pm On Oct 25, 2021
[s]
SavageResponse:

So what if you were just an ordinary ex-banker?

You probably left banking in 1980...things have changed!

I want to maintain my anonymity here otherwise I for show you say I pass you by far as far as knowledge of Standard Operating Procedure of banks is concerned! grin

[/s]

You are nothing but a teller my brother.
Banks accept landed property collaterals till tomorrow. The worst is they will request that a structure must be on it, not bare land.

Count the money wey dey your front and leave banking for us.
Re: How Do One Go About Mortgage In Lagos by buragoz: 9:08pm On Jun 21, 2022
Who has already taken out a mortgage, please share your experience
Re: How Do One Go About Mortgage In Lagos by mollyfq: 9:41pm On Jun 21, 2022
I advise you not to rush, make a balanced decision, and choose the best conditions. Until you pay off the loan in full, you won't be able to just sell the property or make other transactions with it - this will require the bank's consent. But otherwise, you can use your property whatever you want - for example, to register your family and make repairs. The only way to determine how much the bank will approve of your property is to submit an application. Pay attention to do mortgage lenders take overtime into account and prepare all the necessary information.

(1) (Reply)

Turkish Curtains / Experience With Altmall.ng / E-currency Paypal Dollar Deals...best Rate At #507/$

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.