Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,917 members, 7,799,113 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

Twitter Ban: Deeper Life Tweets From Across The World, Says Kumuyi - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Twitter Ban: Deeper Life Tweets From Across The World, Says Kumuyi (1461 Views)

No Plan To Retire Now, Says Kumuyi / 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned / Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twitter Ban: Deeper Life Tweets From Across The World, Says Kumuyi by Luckydubby7(m): 7:35pm On Jun 07, 2021
The Founder and General Superintendent of Deeper Christian Life Ministry Worldwide, Pastor William Kumuyi, says the church has branches across 100 countries and five continents hence it can tweet from anywhere in the world.

Kumuyi said this on Twitter while reacting to the suspension of the social media platform by the Federal Government and a threat by the Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, that Nigerians still using Twitter would be prosecuted.

However, Kumuyi said Deeper Life has branches across the world and could thus tweet from anywhere.

He tweeted, “In view of the Twitter ban in Nigeria, please note that the content shared on this handle is targeted at a global audience in more than five continents and over 100 nations and we share the content from any of these locations.”

Kumuyi’s tweet came barely hours after the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, defied the Federal Government’s order directing Nigerians to stop using Twitter.

Adeboye, who commands a huge following in Nigeria, said his church is present across the world and tweeting is in accordance with Article 19 of the United Nations universal declaration of human rights.

The tweet read, “The Redeemed Christian Church of God is domiciled in more than 170 nations and territories. The tweets here are in accordance with Article 19 of the United Nations universal declaration of human rights.”

The Federal Government had last Friday suspended Twitter barely two days after the social media platform deleted a tweet by the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), which many Nigerians believed was repugnant.

The Buhari regime has come under fire from several rights groups across the world for stifling free speech.
Despite the ban, however, many Nigerians have been using Virtual Private Networks to access Twitter.

The British, American and Canadian governments as well as the European Union have jointly condemned the suspension of Twitter.

https://punchng.com/twitter-ban-deeper-life-tweets-from-across-the-world-says-kumuyi/

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Ban: Deeper Life Tweets From Across The World, Says Kumuyi by hybrid77: 7:37pm On Jun 07, 2021
grin

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Ban: Deeper Life Tweets From Across The World, Says Kumuyi by Luckydubby7(m): 7:38pm On Jun 07, 2021
Re: Twitter Ban: Deeper Life Tweets From Across The World, Says Kumuyi by colorsofrainbow: 7:43pm On Jun 07, 2021
The church is now feeding us with ideas.

Meanwhile,I'm just coming from Scotland two minutes ago.Gush! I hate Nigeria....I'm leaving for Brazil in a minute time.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter Ban: Deeper Life Tweets From Across The World, Says Kumuyi by IJOBA11: 7:44pm On Jun 07, 2021
GOOD SOUTHERNERS DON DEY WAKE UP

WE KNOW THAT ALL THESE TWITTER BAN IS AN EXCUSE FOR THEM TO CARRY OUT A GENOCIDE AGAINST SOUTHERN NIGERIA BUT WE ARE GALLANT

FULANI MUST LEAVE NIGERIA BY FIRE BY FORCE

GREETINGS TO MY CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC GALANT YOUTHSangry

JUST NEGODU HOW OSAMA BINHARI SCATTERED HIS PROMISING SON’S FUTURE ALL IN THE NAME OF JIHADangry

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Ban: Deeper Life Tweets From Across The World, Says Kumuyi by Eazi1(m): 7:44pm On Jun 07, 2021
No shaking, The law will not stand, as for now, maybe, Vpn still working great.

But if half of this effort can be put to insecurity, our problem might have been solved

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Ban: Deeper Life Tweets From Across The World, Says Kumuyi by Tinubuadvocate: 7:48pm On Jun 07, 2021
Okay I respect you baba but government decision must respected. We shouldn't forget the teaching of jesus christ about obey our leaders in government.
Re: Twitter Ban: Deeper Life Tweets From Across The World, Says Kumuyi by Kingosytex(m): 7:50pm On Jun 07, 2021
That law will never stand because there are numerous VPN available. Windscribe, Nord, Proton e.t.c are just a few examples of the Virtual Private Network.
Re: Twitter Ban: Deeper Life Tweets From Across The World, Says Kumuyi by bunmconig(m): 7:50pm On Jun 07, 2021
Una G.O's don dey wake up small small

Re: Twitter Ban: Deeper Life Tweets From Across The World, Says Kumuyi by Psalms27: 7:52pm On Jun 07, 2021
Ok
Re: Twitter Ban: Deeper Life Tweets From Across The World, Says Kumuyi by IamWonderful: 7:52pm On Jun 07, 2021
Nice one
Re: Twitter Ban: Deeper Life Tweets From Across The World, Says Kumuyi by JohnBullMySon: 7:53pm On Jun 07, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Okay I respect you baba but government decision must respected. We shouldn't forget the teaching of jesus christ about obey our leaders in government.
The government is disobeying it's own law. He is rather telling them that what they're doing is wrong. Obeying government is not an absolute commandment. When the government gives a wrong and stupid instruction you disobey it and please God.

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Ban: Deeper Life Tweets From Across The World, Says Kumuyi by Righteousness2(m): 7:57pm On Jun 07, 2021
[s]
Tinubuadvocate:
[/s]
You don't Heed to a Pharoahic government with Pharoahic actions..
Wisdom is Profitable to Direct.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Ban: Deeper Life Tweets From Across The World, Says Kumuyi by FarahAideed: 8:01pm On Jun 07, 2021
MP has branches in Lagos and Nairo so we can tweet from anywhere
Re: Twitter Ban: Deeper Life Tweets From Across The World, Says Kumuyi by InaNla(f): 8:05pm On Jun 07, 2021
colorsofrainbow:
The church is now feeding us with ideas.

Meanwhile,I'm just coming from Scotland two minutes ago.Gush! I hate Nigeria....I'm leaving for Brazil in a minute time.

Please greet them for me in UAR

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban: Deeper Life Tweets From Across The World, Says Kumuyi by InaNla(f): 8:05pm On Jun 07, 2021
[s]
Tinubuadvocate:
[/s]
Re: Twitter Ban: Deeper Life Tweets From Across The World, Says Kumuyi by richmanrichard: 8:22pm On Jun 07, 2021
Hia!
Re: Twitter Ban: Deeper Life Tweets From Across The World, Says Kumuyi by zimmaking(m): 8:32pm On Jun 07, 2021
Singing...The Church is matching on,the church is matching on,the gate of hell shall not prevail,The church is matching on

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Ban: Deeper Life Tweets From Across The World, Says Kumuyi by akinade28(f): 9:23pm On Jun 07, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:

Biko, read and understand his statement.
He is tweeting from other countries aside Nigeria and his tweet is for other Countries aside Nigeria.
So he should not speak to his members outside the country because your president doesn't want him to speak to Nigerians via Twitter?

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Ban: Deeper Life Tweets From Across The World, Says Kumuyi by Tinubuadvocate: 9:41pm On Jun 07, 2021
He has been speaking to his members before Twitter arrived .sense fall on you
akinade28:

Biko, read and understand his statement.
He is tweeting from other countries aside Nigeria and his tweet is for other Countries aside Nigeria.
So he should not speak to his members outside the country because your president doesn't want him to speak to Nigerians via Twitter?
Re: Twitter Ban: Deeper Life Tweets From Across The World, Says Kumuyi by Kingsnairaland(m): 9:46pm On Jun 07, 2021
Nothing u say to a terrorist president buhari that can give him sense
Re: Twitter Ban: Deeper Life Tweets From Across The World, Says Kumuyi by akinade28(f): 9:48pm On Jun 07, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
He has been speaking to his members before Twitter arrived .sense fall on you
So he should go back to stone age all because he is a Nigerian? Or should all his members leave an easier mode of communication and disseminating information just because their founder is a Nigerian.
See, the government is discouraging and making running any organization difficult in Nigeria with this ban ( Twitter is an easy source for disseminating information). Those that can afford to live outside Nigeria will start leaving the country. Startups will also be discouraged.
The best thing for the government is to look for alternative methods of curbing dissemination of false Information without necessarily hurting its citizens
May sense fall on you too

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban: Deeper Life Tweets From Across The World, Says Kumuyi by RomanGreen: 9:51pm On Jun 07, 2021
So these men of god can actually tweet and raise concerns about the Nigerian situation, oh I forgot it'll affect their businesses (church) indirectly... No wonder they suddenly found their voices. If only they all raise their voices in unison, probably Nigeria will not be in the mess it is today
Re: Twitter Ban: Deeper Life Tweets From Across The World, Says Kumuyi by Pauldollars(m): 10:08pm On Jun 07, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:

If Buhari tells you to become a Muslim like him and stop going to Church; I'm sure people like you will deny Jesus Christ and follow that command. Better seat up and repent from foolish obedience that has no eternal reward
Re: Twitter Ban: Deeper Life Tweets From Across The World, Says Kumuyi by Nukilia: 10:36pm On Jun 07, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
[s]Okay I respect you baba but government decision must respected. We shouldn't forget the teaching of jesus christ about obey our leaders in government[/s].

Obedience is for the ragheads from Futajalon grin
Re: Twitter Ban: Deeper Life Tweets From Across The World, Says Kumuyi by misreal(m): 10:41pm On Jun 07, 2021
Buhari sef
Re: Twitter Ban: Deeper Life Tweets From Across The World, Says Kumuyi by StreetPreacher: 11:28pm On Jun 07, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
We obey God rather than Men. Should we obey laws that will inhibit the growth or the spreading of the Gospel, God forbid. God Himself would be angry with us.

(1) (Reply)

Religion Will Destroy Nigerians. No God Will Save You! / The True Stand Of The Bible On Abortion. / Did Jesus Advertised Miracles?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.