Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life? - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life? (27513 Views)

What Kind Of Books Can You Recommend About How To Find A Life Partner? / Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! / These Five Books Can Change Your Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life? by Danboy43: 3:49pm On Jun 09, 2021
NO EXCLUSES THE POWER OF SELF DISCIPLINE BY BRAIN TRACY
Re: Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life? by Chiedumaga: 3:49pm On Jun 09, 2021
I have been having issues to validate my NIN at NIMC office because my NIN was generated through my BVN. Please any suggestion on how I'll go about it?
Re: Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life? by fortune1968: 3:57pm On Jun 09, 2021
To Mother With Love - Tai Solarin .
Re: Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life? by iamL(f): 4:02pm On Jun 09, 2021
Visit JW.ORG for bible based publications that has the power to change ones life.
Re: Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life? by GoodFaith: 4:04pm On Jun 09, 2021
Re: Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life? by Emmanuelcann: 4:05pm On Jun 09, 2021
There's really only one book - "The Book" (Bible)

1 Like

Re: Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life? by sageb: 4:05pm On Jun 09, 2021
Akintundexxy:
My fellow readers,which book would you suggest for me to read,that will positively influence my life and build me socially enough to be a master and a wisdom island?
I'm a student.

If you u are not growing you are dying by David molapo
German Ideology by Karl. Marx
Re: Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life? by Toluwarnih(m): 4:08pm On Jun 09, 2021
nonny1212:
Read these books if you want to be self made

1. Richest man in babylon (George Classon)
2. Interview with the devil (Napoleon Hills)
3. The strangest secret (Earl Nighten gale)
4. Think and grow rich (Napoleon Hills)
5. 48 laws of power (Robert green)

you forgot to add;
The Parable of The Pipeline
Rich dad poor dad
The game of money, and a lots more.
Fire!!! cool lipsrsealed
After reading, your mindset will never remain the same. If you practice what you learn, your life in all spheres will never remain the same.

And of all, God first! I mean a closer and intimate walk with God!!

1 Like

Re: Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life? by RALPHOW(m): 4:09pm On Jun 09, 2021
WINNING INVISIBLE BATTLES
BY BISHOP DAVID OYEDEPO
Re: Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life? by lapazi(m): 4:21pm On Jun 09, 2021
Akintundexxy:
My fellow readers,which book would you suggest for me to read,that will positively influence my life and build me socially enough to be a master and a wisdom island?
I'm a student.

The Alchemist
The best self help book out there…
With deep meanings….
Re: Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life? by olowo1930: 4:27pm On Jun 09, 2021
Holy Bible
Re: Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jun 09, 2021
Can't Hurt Me - David Goggins a former SEAL
Re: Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life? by Chuka200: 4:53pm On Jun 09, 2021
Akintundexxy:
I'm a student.

The secret
Re: Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life? by akinwun(m): 4:56pm On Jun 09, 2021
King James bible version, the red letter words of Jesus. Consume it daily and your soul will see light.
Re: Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life? by Christistruth00: 5:01pm On Jun 09, 2021
The Bible

Especially the New Testament
Re: Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life? by martinif: 5:04pm On Jun 09, 2021
Akintundexxy:
I'm a student.
Holy Bible, thanks.
Re: Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life? by Eaglesence: 5:15pm On Jun 09, 2021
Akintundexxy:
I'm a student.

The Bible

Nothing like it.
Re: Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life? by Gjmff: 5:16pm On Jun 09, 2021
None
Re: Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life? by Uncleodi(m): 5:20pm On Jun 09, 2021
Akintundexxy:
I'm a student.

As a man thinketh by James Allen
Re: Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life? by donguutti: 5:21pm On Jun 09, 2021
kenny714433:
For power,
48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene

For wealth
The Richest man in Babylon

For proper Investment
Rich dad, poor dad.

For Life's guardian
Good News Bible.

For Fluent English/Vocabulary
Oxford Dictionary

For sacrifice in Love
Romeo and Juliet

To understand Humans
Pride and prejudice

Emotional/Child care
Oliver Twist/Jane Enye/

To plot a successful vengeance
The count of Monte Cristo

For Survival if you find yourself alone in the world
Robinson Crusoe/

To catch an accused
Six detective Stories/ Cue for Treason

For religious history
Da Vinci code

To turn around judgement
The merchant of Venice

To survive the sea
The Oddeyssey/Shangheid/ A thousand and one Night/ Twenty thousand league under the sea

To understand Nigeria
Animal Farm/There was a country/In Africa Biafra died

To survive hard criminals/men
Treasure Island/Adventure of Tom Sawyer

To survive the desert
King Solomon's Mine/Queen Sheba's Ring

To survive the island
Lord of the Flies/ Coral Island/Ambari

For travel guide
Round the world in 80 days/Gulliver's travels/Journey to the centre of the Earth

To survive High school
Tom brown school days/ One week one trouble/ Trouble in form Six

To control Demons
The last two books of Moses/Metamorphosis

Notable mentions
The hunchback of Notre dame
The story of the Amulet
Great Expectations
Little Men
The Alchemist
Prester John
The River Between
King Arthur
Tale of two Cities
The castle of Othranto

Great collection

1 Like

Re: Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life? by initiate: 5:26pm On Jun 09, 2021
wait o, this thread has reached 7 pages within two days!
and they say we Nigerians don't read
we must not allow this backward administration stifle our growth in this country.

Anyway my input..................7 habits!

2 Likes

Re: Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life? by Lazenby007(m): 5:28pm On Jun 09, 2021
The book of books- the holy BIBLE
Re: Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life? by Omanze: 5:33pm On Jun 09, 2021
1). Create Your Own future -(Brian Tracy).

2). Make Today Count -(John Maxwell).

3). Ideas Rule The World -(Sam Adeyemi).

4). Start with what You Have -(Sam Adeyemi).

While you read through these books, assume to be in a conference Hall with this Great men and consider yourself a mentee under them.

"You will succeed"

"See you at the Top"

(I borrowed the above clauses from one of the above Great men).

Read Books please.

2 Likes

Re: Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life? by ledaman: 5:41pm On Jun 09, 2021
Think for a change by John Maxwell.
Re: Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life? by adecares(f): 5:43pm On Jun 09, 2021
GreenFarmsNG:
Reposition Yourself by Bishop T.D Jakes

Attitude is Everything. Done die before reading this book

Christ, a Crisis in the Life of God by Jack Miles

Pls, can you send "Attitude is everything" to my email. a.adecrown@gmail.com

Thank you
Re: Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life? by Scope77: 5:55pm On Jun 09, 2021
Who moved my cheese - Spenser Johnson

Lovely book!

1 Like

Re: Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life? by philisto: 5:56pm On Jun 09, 2021
How to look beautiful by Obasanjo co author by Adam Oshiomole Or how to grow tall writen by Aki & Pawpaw
Re: Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life? by ELibraryNG: 6:01pm On Jun 09, 2021
Akintundexxy:
I'm a student.

The Mafia Manager: A Guide to the Corporate Machiavelli by V.

A leading figure from one of the world’s first and best organized conglomerates here reveals management techniques we can all use. Witty, fun, and surprisingly useful, this is a must for the aspiring corporate Machiavelli. Unlike other management guides, The Mafia Manager shuns theoretical verbiage and instead presents the pragmatism and guiding philosophy of the leadership that founded and captained “The Silent Empire” through its centuries of expansion and success. And rather than being seen as the twisted workings of the so-called “criminal” mind, these plans of action and gems of counsel are presented for what they indeed are – the reflection of a penetrating understanding of the dynamics of human nature. The Mafia Manager promises the most unique and practical guidebook on management ever. No reader will look at the workplace in quite the same way.

Download Here:- https://afribookhub.com/book/the-mafia-manager-a-guide-to-the-corporate-machiavelli-by-v/

Re: Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life? by BnQoyyim(m): 6:07pm On Jun 09, 2021
Righteousness2:
The Greatest book that will influence y our Life is the HOLY BIBLE.
I say this from Personal Experience
I Have read and re-read the Bible. It has Shaped and influenced me in ways I can't describe.
Presently I am reading it again. I am now in the book Jeremiah and I tell you, it is as if I am just reading for the first time. Fresh insights, Fresh knowledge, Fresh revelations

I didn't say you can't read other books , but the Undisputed Greatest Positive influencer is the HOLY BIBLE.

Please, don't stomach the fallacies and contradictions in what you read in the bibles.
Check these:

Who incited David to count the fighting men of Israel?

(a) God did (2 Samuel 24: 1)

(b) Satan did (I Chronicles 2 1:1)

In that count how many fighting men were found in Israel?

(a) Eight hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)

(b) One million, one hundred thousand (IChronicles 21:5)

How many fighting men were found in Judah?

(a) Five hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)

(b) Four hundred and seventy thousand (I Chronicles 21:5)

God sent his prophet to threaten David with how many years of famine?

(a) Seven (2 Samuel 24:13)

(b) Three (I Chronicles 21:12)

How old was Ahaziah when he began to rule over Jerusalem?

(a) Twenty-two (2 Kings 8:26)

(b) Forty-two (2 Chronicles 22:2)

How old was Jehoiachin when he became king of Jerusalem?

(a) Eighteen (2 Kings 24:cool

(b) Eight (2 Chronicles 36:9)

How long did he rule over Jerusalem?

(a) Three months (2 Kings 24:cool

(b) Three months and ten days (2 Chronicles 36:9)

The chief of the mighty men of David lifted up his spear and killed how many men at one time?

(a) Eight hundred (2 Samuel 23:cool

(b) Three hundred (I Chronicles 11: 11)

When did David bring the Ark of the Covenant to Jerusalem? Before defeating the Philistines or after?

(a) After (2 Samuel 5 and 6)

(b) Before (I Chronicles 13 and 14)

I have many more on demand.
Re: Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life? by BnQoyyim(m): 6:09pm On Jun 09, 2021
chatom143:
Bible.

With all its fallacies and contradictions?

Who incited David to count the fighting men of Israel?

(a) God did (2 Samuel 24: 1)

(b) Satan did (I Chronicles 2 1:1)

In that count how many fighting men were found in Israel?

(a) Eight hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)

(b) One million, one hundred thousand (IChronicles 21:5)

How many fighting men were found in Judah?

(a) Five hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)

(b) Four hundred and seventy thousand (I Chronicles 21:5)

God sent his prophet to threaten David with how many years of famine?

(a) Seven (2 Samuel 24:13)

(b) Three (I Chronicles 21:12)

How old was Ahaziah when he began to rule over Jerusalem?

(a) Twenty-two (2 Kings 8:26)

(b) Forty-two (2 Chronicles 22:2)

How old was Jehoiachin when he became king of Jerusalem?

(a) Eighteen (2 Kings 24:cool

(b) Eight (2 Chronicles 36:9)

How long did he rule over Jerusalem?

(a) Three months (2 Kings 24:cool

(b) Three months and ten days (2 Chronicles 36:9)

The chief of the mighty men of David lifted up his spear and killed how many men at one time?

(a) Eight hundred (2 Samuel 23:cool

(b) Three hundred (I Chronicles 11: 11)

When did David bring the Ark of the Covenant to Jerusalem? Before defeating the Philistines or after?

(a) After (2 Samuel 5 and 6)

(b) Before (I Chronicles 13 and 14)
Re: Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life? by Fanuchi007: 6:16pm On Jun 09, 2021
Go find hustle start. Which one be book!!! Why are professors not the richest people? Go hustle bro. If u don graduate for higher institution, forget book matter go hustle
Re: Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life? by oyejideogunjumo: 6:16pm On Jun 09, 2021
Akintundexxy:
I'm a student.
The Holy Bible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The Ash Rose / List Of My Recent Completed Stories / S€X Story : Heart Code – Season 1 – Episode 1 – 30

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.