Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,914 members, 7,802,974 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

Are You A Feminist Or Do You Believe In Feminism? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are You A Feminist Or Do You Believe In Feminism? (2499 Views)

Wedding Photos Of A Feminist & Her Man 5 Months After He Slid Into Her DM / 10 Pictures You Can Relate To If You've Ever Dated A Feminist / Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You A Feminist Or Do You Believe In Feminism? by Vinnie2000(m): 11:01pm On Jun 08, 2021
Feminism is an offshoot of 1995 Beijing Conference.

when Women/ladies all over d world discussed ways of enabling Empowerment of females, particularly in Politics n Education...

But like good ideas which always get Abused, It has become something else!! undecided

It is now mostly an Avenue for Waywardness n Irresponsibility by Females..

Under the cover of Feminism n claims dat Men oppress Dem, ladies/girls commit lots of terrible things.

They want to drink alcohol
They want to fvck around indiscriminately.
They want to keep late nights.
They insult men alot (One, here called Pete Edochie senseless!!)
They desire Freedom n mention divorce@any slight provocation..
They DONT want to be traditional mother's again!!

It has become a Plague in Western n even our African Society!! cry

Countries like China n Germany never allowed it because it kills National development, since Its Destruction start from homes!! sad smiley
Re: Are You A Feminist Or Do You Believe In Feminism? by needanswer: 11:02pm On Jun 08, 2021
Hintona:

Okay
*Yawn

I'll assume you aren't interested in our "boring" conversation. Let me go and be proactive somewhere else.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Feminist Or Do You Believe In Feminism? by Hintona(f): 11:15pm On Jun 08, 2021
needanswer:

I'll assume you aren't interested in our "boring" conversation. Let me go and be proactive somewhere else.

Where?
Re: Are You A Feminist Or Do You Believe In Feminism? by Hintona(f): 11:16pm On Jun 08, 2021
Vinnie2000:

Feminism is an offshoot of 1995 Beijing Conference.

when Women/ladies all over d world discussed ways of enabling Empowerment of females, particularly in Politics n Education...

But like good ideas which always get Abused, It has become something else!! undecided

It is now mostly an Avenue for Waywardness n Irresponsibility by Females..

Under the cover of Feminism n claims dat Men oppress Dem, ladies/girls commit lots of terrible things.

They want to drink alcohol
They want to fvck around indiscriminately.
They want to keep late nights.
They insult men alot (One, here called Pete Edochie senseless!!)
They desire Freedom n mention divorce@any slight provocation..
They DONT want to be traditional mother's again!!

It has become a Plague in Western n even our African Society!! cry

Countries like China n Germany never allowed it because it kills National development, since Its Destruction start from homes!! sad smiley

Pete Edochie is senseless

1 Like

Re: Are You A Feminist Or Do You Believe In Feminism? by budaatum: 11:23pm On Jun 08, 2021
DEMZEE:

Expansiate please
Don't you think the contribution of a worthy man would reduce those bad results you posted for the woman? I mean, it's not like all those things are a woman's roles and responsibilities, or are they?
Re: Are You A Feminist Or Do You Believe In Feminism? by needanswer: 11:35pm On Jun 08, 2021
budaatum:

Don't you think the contribution of a worthy man would reduce those bad results you posted for the woman? I mean, it's not like all those things are a woman's roles and responsibilities, or are they?

If I followed both your arguments correctly, your stance now will mean men are useful, infact very useful in the society and in the home minus just been sperm donors.

If women could do it alone successfully, those figures wont be quoted in that pic. Long and short men and women need each other. Feminism doesn't and wouldn't change that, it's nature.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Feminist Or Do You Believe In Feminism? by budaatum: 11:58pm On Jun 08, 2021
needanswer:

If I followed both your arguments correctly, your stance now will mean men are useful, infact very useful in the society and in the home minus just been sperm donors.

If women could do it alone successfully, those figures wont be quoted in that pic. Long and short men and women need each other. Feminism doesn't and wouldn't change that, it's nature.

Good and hardworking men and women are very useful. A man would benefit from having a woman he can respect beside him instead of thinking she's only good for child rearing and cleaning house and ironing his shirts.

What many don't realise is how Eve saved Adam from slavery, and that Jesus would have been a carpenter saving wood if his mother Mary hadn't educated him. Or don't you know she could read and taught her Son Jesus to read too?

"Both male and female created He them equally", it says in my own book, until some decided to portray Wisdom seeking Eve as one tempted by a serpent as if snakes talk!

If Eve hadn't sought knowledge and found Wisdom, that dumb Adam would still be an ignorant naked slave in the Garden of Eden! And if Mary hadn't taught her Son to read the world might have still been waiting for a Messiah to save its sorry ass!

Please educate your daughters so they don't end up with pigs and curse you.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Feminist Or Do You Believe In Feminism? by seguno2: 12:25am On Jun 09, 2021
Gerrard59:
Women have input does not mean they built it. It's my problem with black men - we've not built a functioning society dominated by black people. To an extent, it is why I don't blame modern day black feminists who lampoon black men.

I really don’t understand what you mean about the blacks building a functioning society, and how it relates to my question. Thanks
Re: Are You A Feminist Or Do You Believe In Feminism? by needanswer: 12:33am On Jun 09, 2021
budaatum:

Good and hardworking men and women are very useful. A man would benefit from having a woman he can respect beside him instead of thinking she's only good for child rearing and cleaning house and ironing his shirts.

What many don't realise is how Eve saved Adam from slavery, and that Jesus would have been a carpenter saving wood if his mother Mary hadn't educated him. Or don't you know she could read and taught her Son Jesus to read too?

"Both male and female created He them equally", it says in my own book, until some decided to portray Wisdom seeking Eve as one tempted by a serpent as if snakes talk!

If Eve hadn't sought knowledge and found Wisdom, that dumb Adam would still be an ignorant naked slave in the Garden of Eden! And if Mary hadn't taught her Son to read the world might have still been waiting for a Messiah to save its sorry ass!

Please educate your daughters so they don't end up with pigs and curse you.

From the second paragraph till the end, I won't go into that.

Men and women are both useful to society. Men and women are equal in the sense that we are of the same race and specie and as such we have certain similarities. Buh men and women are also uniquely different in other ways. Men cannot give birth or breast feed or menstrate etc. While men have their own innate abilities which you should know. Men are superior physically, analytically and psychologically amongst others than most women. These gives men some advantage above women.

So we are equal in the sense that we are all part of the human race and specie like other animals that have their Male and female kinds but we also have our unique characteristics as males and females.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Feminist Or Do You Believe In Feminism? by iExplore(m): 1:09am On Jun 09, 2021
Hintona:

You mentioned that men are labeled as lesser men if they can't provide for their families, well news flash that's the exact narrative feminisim is looking to change

Strongly disagree with that. Helping the men is never in feminists agenda. From what I've learnt so far, feminists movement isn't about equal rights, they want to be superior to men.

Imagine Davido's baby mama, Sophia Momodu, saying that she wanted Imade, Davido's daughter to have her own surname, instead of Davido's, because she's a feminist grin. I lost it that day grin
Hintona:

just because a man cannot provide for his family doesn't make him less of a man, if the woman has more money then let her provide and not rub it in the face of the man, that's feminisim.

Your definition is straight wrong. That's not their own definition of feminism. Otherwise, I, we, wouldn't have any problem with that. Lots of men would have joined their movement.

What you've defined there is one of the qualities of a good woman; a Queen. Definitely not a feminist

Hintona:

So what if 99% of the gadgets we use today we're invented by men, it doesn't make women weaker or dumber,

I never said women were weak nor dumb. I was just trying to prove an already known fact, in response to a lady who claimed to be a feminist.
She asked
budaatum:

So what use can men possibly be?

Which led to me making statement I never intend to make, just to remind her in case she has forgotten.
How could she ask what use can men be, when she can't even provide an answer with prove if the question is reversed?

Hintona:

women have been proven to be better when it comes to people oriented issues and that is definitely not a weakness(I'm on the autism spectrum so I know).

Women are better at what they can do.
Men are better at what they can do.
Men and Women can never, and should never be compared; It doesn't make sense at all.

God knows why he created both genders, otherwise it would have been one. He created both genders to be and function differently, and blessed them with different abilities and strengths.
If women are allowed to be and act like men, then of what importance is God's decision to create both? And of what use will a woman (now man) be to a man?

Imagine if men decides to be and act like women, would you honestly be okay with that? And if that happens, then of what use is a man to a woman?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You A Feminist Or Do You Believe In Feminism? by jebit91570: 1:25am On Jun 09, 2021
iExplore:

Can we all agree that women needs men as well as men need women, as multiplying is important for the human race existence. So this quote makes no sense at all.

This aside.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Feminist Or Do You Believe In Feminism? by iExplore(m): 1:25am On Jun 09, 2021
Hintona:

Mtchewww so what's wrong with culture exchange?

And how many of the whites practice African cultures? Have you asked yourself why they don't?

They can't because they think we are inferior to them. We don't even have the mind of our own. We can't THINK?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You A Feminist Or Do You Believe In Feminism? by iExplore(m): 1:53am On Jun 09, 2021
Hintona:

If I'm a feminist I won't even bother explaining anything to you.

Oh, you ain't?
Look, I have no problem with you. I was hard on that lady because she upset me with one of her questions. You know how it feels when someone questions your ability.

I respect women to a great extent. But I don't tolerate those with feminism attitude, especially those who thinks men are useless and that they can do without them. As if any gender can do without the other wink

I treat women as Queens, when they see me as a King. Win Win for all.

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Feminist Or Do You Believe In Feminism? by wagzy37: 2:23am On Jun 09, 2021
I have come to understand that the peeps who disagree about this are just bored and want to banter. That actually agree.
80% of divorces in black marriages are filed by women. Your mother’s stuck through thick and thin in their marriages, you came out good (not damaged) but decided not to stick it out. As soon as a child is involved in a marriage, the rules change. Feminism - as the females define it is wrong.

They agitate for equal opportunities but not equal outcomes. Females have the most freedom in this era than ever in the history of the world but look at the results.
How many females study STEM courses or occupy STEM jobs today? The jobs that built nations. Only 27% of females in America have STEM occupations. And that’s one of the countries that promote feminism. Most would rather be nurses and study humanitarian courses. Men built the world that enabled women to thrive in.
How many women inventors do we have today?
Why are child custody cases largely in favor of the women?
Why does a woman have to take half of the wealth of a man after divorce?

Let’s get petty, women claim they can do everything a man does and so should be treated as such. Men are physically and cognitively superior to women. Men dominate sports.
Serena Williams (the holy grail of women tennis) lost to a German guy ranked 203 in Men’s tennis. He beat her and her Venus Williams straight sets. Easily!!
Okay that’s physical, it’s common sense. Men dominate chess and formula 1 sports too. That doesn’t require physicality. Men are superior in these things and what I don’t get is why that irks women a lot to hear.

Nowadays, women want total freedoms in terms of sexual orientation, sexual choice and partners. Well, they have it now. Look at the outcomes.
Go read SEX and CULTURE by JD Unwin. Unwin studied 80 primitive tribes and 6 known civilizations through 5,000 years of history and found a positive correlation between the cultural achievement of a people and the sexual restraint they observe. In Summary, he found out that cultures who practiced sexual freedom collapsed in 3 generations while those that practiced strict sexual restraint flourished. That was about 90 years ago.

Of course some very ignorant babies will still ask for statistics and research.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You A Feminist Or Do You Believe In Feminism? by budaatum: 2:34am On Jun 09, 2021
iExplore:

Strongly disagree with that. Helping the men is never in feminists agenda. From what I've learnt so far, feminists movement isn't about equal rights, they want to be superior to men.

I'm certain you are a very smart person. You seem like one anyway.

Imagine I say one or a few peoples' definition of say, Christianity or Islam, is the only definition of Christianity or Islam, you'd tell me to change my weed seller, right? I mean, if perhaps I claimed my own rendition how Mary taught Jesus to be God or smart Eve saved dumb Adam is the only interpretation of the texts involved, you'd smartly tell me to book myself into Aro, right?

Need I say more, you who Explores?

1 Like

Re: Are You A Feminist Or Do You Believe In Feminism? by Gerrard59(m): 5:53am On Jun 09, 2021
seguno2:

I really don’t understand what you mean about the blacks building a functioning society, and how it relates to my question. Thanks

There is no strong and prosperous black dominated country. Which means black men haven't built a civilised society for their offsprings.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Feminist Or Do You Believe In Feminism? by seguno2: 5:58am On Jun 09, 2021
Gerrard59:

There is no strong and prosperous black dominated country. Which means black men haven't built a civilised society for their offsprings.

Thanks for the reply. Greatly appreciated.
I am concerned about the non recognition of the women’s input into the building of a civilised society, either among blacks or globally.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You A Feminist Or Do You Believe In Feminism? by wagzy37: 5:59am On Jun 09, 2021
A woman married to a king becomes a queen. A man married to a queen cannot be a king.

#foodforthought

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You A Feminist Or Do You Believe In Feminism? by Gerrard59(m): 6:27am On Jun 09, 2021
seguno2:

Thanks for the reply. Greatly appreciated.
I am concerned about the non recognition of the women’s input into the building of a civilised society, either among blacks or globally.

Negligible..
Re: Are You A Feminist Or Do You Believe In Feminism? by Vinnie2000(m): 6:52am On Jun 09, 2021
Hintona:

Pete Edochie is senseless

Lols.. grin grin
Hahaha!!
Really??
Pete Edochie means no harm in his opinions recently.
He is just worried dat Marriage institution or even society is crumbling!!

You didn't even consider his Age B4 calling dat
So if your Father-in-law holds a view you find totally unacceptable, You will call him Senseless,abi?? undecided undecided

Pls You pple should Try to be Mature!!
It is because of Attitudes like Yours, he is making his comments!! smiley

1 Like

Re: Are You A Feminist Or Do You Believe In Feminism? by budaatum: 6:57am On Jun 09, 2021
wagzy37:
A woman married to a king becomes a queen. A man married to a queen cannot be a king.

#foodforthought

He is more than a King because if she is a wise queen she will seek his counsel in the middle of the night and he will crown her during the day.

Personally, I will place him just a little below God, though his earthly title might be Prince Consort.
https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/a29748471/prince-philip-title-not-king/

1 Like

Re: Are You A Feminist Or Do You Believe In Feminism? by Vinnie2000(m): 7:06am On Jun 09, 2021
needanswer:

You give tags a lot, does it empower you? You feel powerful right?

My brother, U get time to banter with diz Funny Fellows.. sad

I entered FB, One Nigerian Feminist said 'Once you insult me, I insult your Mother.You can't choose for me Who to Insult'!!

I just SMH.
N She is a Mother oo (Has a Daughter)!!
Does not even Respect Motherhood or dier own Gender..
Later, dey blame Men!!

75% of Nigerian Feminists Nor get sense for Head!!
Educated but Empty-Headed, Immatured and Aggressive Lots!!
I always Dodge n don't Reply Dem!! Except When I feel dey want to Mislead pple..E.g Sapphire, aunty Future is transgendered.. sad

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Feminist Or Do You Believe In Feminism? by iExplore(m): 8:35am On Jun 09, 2021
budaatum:

I'm certain you are a very smart person. You seem like one anyway.

That's a compliment right there. I'll take that. Thank you

budaatum:

Imagine I say one or a few peoples' definition of say, Christianity or Islam, is the only definition of Christianity or Islam, you'd tell me to change my weed seller, right?

I'd definitely tell you that. Lol..

budaatum:

I mean, if perhaps I claimed my own rendition how Mary taught Jesus to be God or smart Eve saved dumb Adam is the only interpretation of the texts involved, you'd smartly tell me to book myself into Aro, right?

Need I say more, you who Explores?

I would have loved to argue your interpretation of that Bible stories, especially that of Adam and Eve, but I'd rather not. Because, even though I'm not an atheist; as I believe in the existence of God. However, I do not believe much of the Bible stories; not without a thorough research.

So whether or not Mary taught Jesus to be God, or Smart Eve saved dumb Adam. That, I do not know.

You may be right, until I prove otherwise; With reasonable facts, of course.

It will be best if we don't argue what is far beyond our individual interpretations. Those stories are deeper than what we've read in the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Feminist Or Do You Believe In Feminism? by Hintona(f): 8:43am On Jun 09, 2021
wagzy37:

#foodforthought

Look at these two definitions of Queen are they the same?
A woman married to a king would be the second definition of a queen and she has lesser powers than the first definition.

Re: Are You A Feminist Or Do You Believe In Feminism? by ABANGWABOI(m): 9:15am On Jun 09, 2021
grin grin grin
A feminist is a bitter , Pained and confused fellow..
No cap..

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Feminist Or Do You Believe In Feminism? by iExplore(m): 1:32pm On Jun 09, 2021
Vinnie2000:

75% of Nigerian Feminists Nor get sense for Head!!
Educated but Empty-Headed, Immatured and Aggressive Lots!!

It's 99% bro.

Vinnie2000:

I always Dodge n don't Reply Dem!! Except When I feel dey want to Mislead pple..E.g Sapphire, aunty Future is transgendered.. sad

I don't dodge them. I always try to engage them in a Q&A, to learn as much as I could their individual definition of feminism; They always have different, totally unrelated definitions.

I'll continue to talk sense into them at every chance I get.

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Feminist Or Do You Believe In Feminism? by DEMZEE(m): 3:06pm On Jun 09, 2021
budaatum:

Where's the accountability for women, men take accountability every single fucking time??

1 Like

Re: Are You A Feminist Or Do You Believe In Feminism? by Womanizer(m): 3:06pm On Jun 09, 2021
Hintona:

If I'm a feminist I won't even bother explaining anything to you. You're a misogynistic fowl.

Why would a pretty girl like you be a feminist?
Re: Are You A Feminist Or Do You Believe In Feminism? by DEMZEE(m): 3:08pm On Jun 09, 2021
Hintona:

None

Wow Wat logic! SMH!

It's women for ur information
Re: Are You A Feminist Or Do You Believe In Feminism? by budaatum: 3:17pm On Jun 09, 2021
DEMZEE:

Where's the accountability for women, men take accountability every single fucking time??

I will show you the ledger where I recorded the milk you sucked from my tits so that you may account for yourself since you can't seem to be able to tell by how you sagged my tits.

It is Father's Day on the third Sunday, 20 June, in some countries. Love your mothers also!
Re: Are You A Feminist Or Do You Believe In Feminism? by budaatum: 3:18pm On Jun 09, 2021
Womanizer:

Why would a pretty girl like you be a feminist?

Because of patronising fuqs, I would think.
Re: Are You A Feminist Or Do You Believe In Feminism? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 09, 2021
Hintona:

Did the single mothers decide to be single on their own?

That's my problem with feminists they don't want to take accountability for their bad life choices and they will blame men for it, imagine a full grown adult female having sex knowing that if it's irresponsible and careless it would lead to pregnancy, with over 30 contraceptive options for women alone and just 2 for men( vasectomy and condoms) and even the lethal option of abortion ( in western Societies), they even have the most matured option of vetting the man that will have sex with them (as they were not raped) yet with all these in place they choose to be reckless and gullible carrying children for individuals that are not prepared to be fathers, infact getting pregnant outside wedlock where there is no marriage-family two household parenting structure knowing the risk that it would be bad for well-being of the children

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Friend Is Dating My Younger Sister / My Neighbor Always Talk About Girls. How Do I Ask Him To Stop? / What Just Happened To Me Now Now Cannot Be Explained

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.