Stats: 3,148,784 members, 7,802,427 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? (20857 Views)

Flying From Abuja To Port Harcourt: Nairalander Observation: Pictures & Video / Sinkhole Appears In The Middle Of A Road In Ogbor Hill, Aba, After Heavy Rain / Huge Anaconda Crossing A Road In Brazil, Stopped Traffic (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

Re: How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? by Gbadespet(m): 11:18am On Jun 08, 2021
shocked shocked
Tankunland:
Just Make sure you go before June 12, say your prayers, kiss your loved ones ( hopefully by the Mercy of God it won't be the last time) and blast dunsin oyekan and Victoria arenze and Nathaniel Bassey all through.
Re: How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? by caprini1: 11:18am On Jun 08, 2021
Confirmedzombie:
Port Harcourt is very safe. Only the SE is boiling.

You have nothing to fear about PH. Gov Wike has deal with the Ipob terorists and chased them out of PH.

You are welcome to the Garden city. The Treadure Base of the Nation
Which south east is boiling exactly? Make una calm down na...we have families there and they are still going about their daily activities,ah ah!
Re: How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? by Conceptprince: 11:19am On Jun 08, 2021
Port Harcourt is very safe but make sure you leave Lagos early if going by road
Re: How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? by caprini1: 11:23am On Jun 08, 2021
wandium:
It's safe but try enter portharcourt before 7pm else, police checkpoint will milk the hell out of you. Police extortion in Rivers State is alarming. ₦500 per checkpoint and you can meet like 20 checkpoint on a 1km stretch. Plus make sure your papers are complete. I went to pH recently and I just got back to my base 3days ago
God bless you, except you have travelled recently,if you go by what you see on social media,you won't even leave your bed.I travelled to Anambra in April ,and i,m like kilode,people still go about their activities, except for the numerous army check points,its all good
Re: How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? by 4four(m): 11:23am On Jun 08, 2021
Pls keep fulani money along with Ur transport fare
Re: How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? by asira4: 11:23am On Jun 08, 2021
JimloveTM:
It's no longer news that there's so much insecurity in Nigeria at the moment and agitation in the South East.
Please I need to hear from PH Residents or anyone who has traveled by road to PH recently.

How safe is it in the city at the moment and those who have traveled there recently

If u can afford a flight, i will advice u go for it.
Re: How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? by NGArmyTerrorist: 11:24am On Jun 08, 2021
Muhylonaire007:
Lol...
Just make sure you tell your people to get ransom ready, just incase. grin
Very funny guy but you are right. Keeping ransom close incase. Everywhere is very hot, even Nigerian Army and Police had started patronising kidnappings.
Re: How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? by Dukeolumidemans(m): 11:26am On Jun 08, 2021
JimloveTM:

What route did GIGM follow? Warri or Imo route

Warri
Re: How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? by Abas01: 11:43am On Jun 08, 2021
I travelled To and Fro to PH by road from Lagos and it was quite smooth.. maybe because I leave with the first bus 5:00am GiG. Coming back was best.. Got to Lagos around 3 pm
Re: How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? by yinkeys(m): 11:57am On Jun 08, 2021
Ebenezer2021:
says an aboki staying in the north.
Learn to shut up next time
You really don’t have to be silly.

I can tell you’re immature, most definitely a child online who has no idea what’s going on nationwide
You obviously haven’t tread this route more than 60 times like I have.
Learn to understand a question before displaying how d*ft you are.
You shouldn’t be embarrassing your family

Below is a chart of the current security threat level. Lagos to Port Harcourt isn’t a stone throw journey
Crime rate on express ways are probably at an all time high now

Re: How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? by elisho: 12:00pm On Jun 08, 2021
pH is OK but no night life again because of the curfew but if you are staying in an estate that have gates u can stay out side late
Re: How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? by nathanomochi(m): 12:10pm On Jun 08, 2021
Well, I know someone that travelled from PH to lagos and back during the weekend and he's fine though the stress with the roads aint worth it. But if u follow thru the bayelsa route u have no business going thru southeast
JimloveTM:
It's no longer news that there's so much insecurity in Nigeria at the moment and agitation in the South East.
Please I need to hear from PH Residents or anyone who has traveled by road to PH recently.

How safe is it in the city at the moment and those who have traveled there recently

Re: How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? by NwaIgboBoy(m): 12:29pm On Jun 08, 2021
Just go , u are safe as Wike has build more and more flyovers grin
Re: How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? by deavicky(m): 12:43pm On Jun 08, 2021
JimloveTM:

coming from Lagos to port Harcourt, the problem is on the western part. If u can escape herdmen activity from ijebu Ode to kajola, ore to Benin, pass through warri(I don't know what is happening on the Eastern path but people still passes their without complaining) to PH you don't have any problems at all in Rivers state except with police where u will need to enter the state before 6pm not be caught up with the 7pm curfew in some local government you will pass.
Re: How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? by adebayo987: 12:44pm On Jun 08, 2021
JimloveTM:

it depends on where you're coming from and where you're going to. My advice, follow a popular or well established registered company vehicle because the know safe paths and some of them do settle police, bandits, vigilantees, etc. in the background which means you likely won't have any road delay or attack but herdsmen, bokoharam, UGM, highway robbers are exceptional. However some big companies have bullet proof tyres in case of road blocks by hoodlums. When u get to PH, vehicles loading at parks and taxis painted blue and white are safe. PH is safe to move around but still be careful. If you know where you're going it's better, if you don't, ask elderly drivers or park pple
Re: How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? by battymann: 12:53pm On Jun 08, 2021
For more than 2 years .now, one of the safest roads in the country has been Onitsha-Owerri-Portharcourt road. Because of the heavy police presence on that route due to initial cases of kidnappings.
I travel that road from Agbor regularly both in day and night hours without fear. I would close from work around 4pm and hit the road with my humble 04 Honda Pilot and arrive PH around 9Pm. The journey is usually slow because of the checkpoints.
Then, on Mondays , I would leave PH by 6am and arrive Agbor by 11am, but later than that if there is hold up at the Niger Bridge.
OP, do your waka. Nothing dey happen.
Re: How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? by Muhylonaire007: 12:54pm On Jun 08, 2021
tonididdy:

That's not funny

Funny but true sir. Nowhere is safe. If you go anywhere outside the gate of your house safely and come back safely in Nigeria of today, it is nothing but grace.
Nowhere or no journey is safe anymore sir
Re: How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? by sageb: 1:05pm On Jun 08, 2021
mrsage:
I travelled to PH by road in February this year. From Lagos and back to Lagos.

My opinion

People travel daily. It's not a death sentence.

Go with any of the recognised transport companies like GIG, Libra, GUO etc

Don't travel at night. Depart Lagos in the morning so you arrive PH before evening.
My trip from Lagos to PH took 12 hrs. We departed Lagos at 6.30am.

Have extra cash for any unforseen situation.

Try and avoid late night movement within PH as well.

Air fares are not smiling, it's beyond the reach of so many people.

Lagos to PH by road is about 10-12k. By air probably in the range of 30k or thereabout.

For me I love road trips.

Go in peace.

@op.this is a good advice
Re: How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? by Juliusmalema2: 1:13pm On Jun 08, 2021
floss:

Some still go through that route depending on traffic, location and some other factors especially those sharing boundaries with Anambra but if you are coming with public transport from Lagos you don't need to bother, the drivers always pass through warri except on rare occasions so you don't need to bother about IPOB, unknown gun men palava.
Just make sure to arrive pH before 8pm because of the Curfew mounted by Gov. Wike that starts 8.30pm so that security men won't use you and shine, like I heard if you have I.d card to support whatever claim you're making, you will attach 5k to it for quicker attention, if you don't have that one I cannot answer.

My point is try and arrive pH before 8pm.
@ the bolded! I am still trying to understand why u wrote down this shit, will the driver begin to ask his passengers if they are going to states that share boundaries with Anambra. Again, aside from delta, I still wonder which south south state shares boundaries with Anambra
Re: How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? by dozai: 1:19pm On Jun 08, 2021
JimloveTM:

Forget matter. I dey east as now. Came in from Lagos. I surprise as Owerri busy pass anything. Forget social media oh.
Re: How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? by komekn(m): 1:31pm On Jun 08, 2021
Key issue is which ROUTE you have decided to take.

My personal experience about two weeks ago ;

Left Ajah Epe express way straight to Ijebu -ode via Epe. Roads not great but Ok from Lekki takes about an Hour.

From Ijebu matters change somewhat on the Lagos to Benin highway . It's as if having an SUV is a criminal offence, the check points manned by multiple agencies ( all deh find money) are probably over fifty.

Nonetheless progressed on arrival in Edo state. Very concerned armed ( robbers) in police uniform they are very hungry quite a lot if them. No name tags they even covered the plate number on the patrol car they have. Thats a warning bell.

I overcame that I never give one kobo bribe a bit of posturing to make them think twice that's all.

Benin to Warri no issues whatsoever easy go easy come. Warri to PH no issues.

That's my personal experience.

Re: How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? by Pio44: 1:55pm On Jun 08, 2021
Na risk u take

Lie these roads are good. least i can say for this route. Infact from Lagos t PH and back didnt stay more than 7hours on road to and fro and i stopped over at benin see my guy, go mama Ebo knack better poundo with black soup, stop for Sapele round about buy edible worm with kpokpo garri them a stop at Ugheli Kilimajaro for some nice chinese......insecurity is bad but no reach to fear , just dont go through owerri/aba road. pass warri/patani. you will be fine.

@OP, very important o! If you are going for a job interview, please verify that its a real and authentic job. Please and pleae. The new hustle in PH is invite people from out of town for a fake job invite and kidnap them and harvest their organs o. just be safe. God bless
[/quote]
Re: How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? by joshuaidibia(m): 2:10pm On Jun 08, 2021
Muhylonaire007:
Lol...
Just make sure you tell your people to get ransom ready, just incase. grin

We living in PH will laugh at your stupidity. Coming from lagos he'll pass through Edo, sapele, ugheli and bayelsa. These places are good and the roads from ugheli to PH is very good with no potholes. Get sense bro

Re: How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? by joshuaidibia(m): 2:11pm On Jun 08, 2021
JimloveTM:

Just use God Is Good motors if you can't afford flights. Book from the app. Their cars and drivers are good. Go along with headset. If you have enough cash book for the jets in GIGM
Re: How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? by tonquendo4u(m): 2:25pm On Jun 08, 2021
If it's avoidable, avoid the trip. Please
Re: How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? by Gfskw: 3:17pm On Jun 08, 2021
No one is safe in nigeria
Re: How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? by Successnoah(m): 3:24pm On Jun 08, 2021
You dnt need people to poisoning you mind here

If u re coming from Lagos try nd leave early because there is curfew in Port Harcourt and about security leave that to God and try and go with known transporter (GIGM, GUO)
but dnt try peace mass they are very slow
Re: How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? by Psalmistproject: 4:07pm On Jun 08, 2021
Confirmedzombie:
Port Harcourt is very safe. Only the SE is boiling.

You have nothing to fear about PH. Gov Wike has deal with the Ipob terorists and chased them out of PH.

You are welcome to the Garden city. The Treadure Base of the Nation

See as you are demonstrating idiocy.
Is Lagos one of the local governments inside Rivers state? How many states must he pass before arriving Rivers?
How safe are these routes? You want to sell Wike at all cost, with the rate of hardship together with unemployment in Rivers state the future of Rivers State is going to be disastrous.

Unlike South East, go to Aba, everywhere is busy. People believe in taking responsibility for their livelihood. They don't cower to intimidation. They stand for their right, you can kill them still you can't intimidate them. The people have moved on since without recourse to government responsibility. Whether you create job or not, they will create theirs. Take a survey of the number of touts and scaliwags walking around aimlessly to and fro the streets of Portharcourt. They are mostly indigenes.
So why dragging IPOB to your opinion?
The problem with Rivers people from time immemorial was their jobless youth.
Re: How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? by Muhylonaire007: 4:54pm On Jun 08, 2021
joshuaidibia:

We living in PH will laugh at your stupidity. Coming from lagos he'll pass through Edo, sapele, ugheli and bayelsa. These places are good and the roads from ugheli to PH is very good with no potholes. Get sense bro

So who should get sense here? You cannot make a submission without being rude you slowpoke.
You know how many kidnappings wey Don happen for that Edo road wey you mention? slowpoke.
Re: How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? by Tundex911: 4:56pm On Jun 08, 2021
Oluwa a wa pelu e
Re: How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? by Justkatty(f): 5:47pm On Jun 08, 2021
PH is safe but just try to get here before 8pm to avoid what happened to me last weekend
Secondly try to be observant, when you enter pH, because the rate at which these guys are hijacking people in public transport is alarming. But I know you'll not be found wanting.

U.S Army Helicopter Crashes Killing 3 Soldiers, Injuring 1 In Texas (Photos) / Dangote Truck Hits 2 People In Upper Iweka, Onitsha (photos/video) / Truck Driver Rams Into Okada Rider In Onitsha, Kills Him On Spot (Graphic Pics)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59