Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,305 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? (20877 Views)

Flying From Abuja To Port Harcourt: Nairalander Observation: Pictures & Video / Sinkhole Appears In The Middle Of A Road In Ogbor Hill, Aba, After Heavy Rain / Huge Anaconda Crossing A Road In Brazil, Stopped Traffic (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? by Tycyborg(m): 7:45pm On Jun 08, 2021
If you are going to drive yourself don't pass through Benin bypass pass through Benin city and don't pass onitsha pass through patana and only stop for police and soldiers and the customer after ondo state but aside those don't stop for anyone else. She. You see touch light from the bushes don't wait just fire on but if you are not driving go through luxury buses like chisco ekeson and the young shall grow. Wish you luck. Don't pass through Benin bypass only if you can drive sometimes with the light off you can pass through. If you feel something switch off your lights and only use flashes to view the road only for experience drivers.
Safe journey

JimloveTM:
It's no longer news that there's so much insecurity in Nigeria at the moment and agitation in the South East.
Please I need to hear from PH Residents or anyone who has traveled by road to PH recently.

How safe is it in the city at the moment and those who have traveled there recently

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jun 08, 2021
Men I need to enter that town, e get two sure Barney when I gast mount.
Re: How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? by Christistruth00: 8:22pm On Jun 08, 2021
JimloveTM:

Lagos

I heard you can go by boat
Re: How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 08, 2021
oladipuposadeeq:
imo ke he doesn't have to stress himself going thru that route if he is driving I think its better he goes thru benin-sapele-warri-patani-PH. checkpoint isn't much like benin-asaba-onitsha-imo. cool

The check points along Benin-Onitsha-Imo na die

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? by Queenserah26(f): 10:04pm On Jun 08, 2021
grin grin
Muhylonaire007:
Lol...
Just make sure you tell your people to get ransom ready, just incase. grin
Re: How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? by Queenserah26(f): 10:05pm On Jun 08, 2021
True.

asira4:

If u can afford a flight, i will advice u go for it.
Re: How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? by nanotechy: 6:59am On Jun 09, 2021
I traveled all over the southeast and south south last week (Benin to ph to calabar to Obudu to Ikom to Abakaliki to Enugu to Onitsha to Asaba and back to Benin). Here are the few hiccups I ran into;

East west road got blocked by Ijaw youths (apparently, their chairman was arrested), so we had to spend a night in Yenegoa. Curfew in ph starts at 8pm. Do not enter after that
Ph to Uyo was smooth but uyo to calabar is a death trap...the road is all holes.
I got delayed by bad road and got to odukpani junction (ie entrance to calabar) past their Curfew time of 10 pm and wasn't let into the city by military people. Spent the night there in my car...it was party with other travelers. Beer, fries, pepper soup, and ofcourse mosquitoes.
The rest of the trip was uneventful until we got to Ebonyi. At the checkpoints in Ebonyi, the people traveling with me were made to come down from the vehicle and walk across.

NB: the most remarkable thing I noticed was the significantly reduced number of checkpoints in the southeast. This is the first time in my life to travel 10km in the southeast without seeing a police checkpoint. It was all so exciting!!

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? by SoliBayNG: 8:15am On Jun 09, 2021
If you have a better idea of Lagos to Benin, I can guarantee Benin to PH. Done it a couple of times in the past two weeks. In Ekpoma now. Going back to PH in two days.
Re: How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? by BestRicePlug28(f): 9:35pm On Sep 22, 2021
Please how long is warri to pH pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dangote Truck Hits 2 People In Upper Iweka, Onitsha (photos/video) / Truck Driver Rams Into Okada Rider In Onitsha, Kills Him On Spot (Graphic Pics) / Another Tanker Falls Along Enugu-onitsha Expressway Road Onitsha (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.