Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,997 members, 7,799,422 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) (85007 Views)

Rare Green Comet To Be Visible From Earth After 50,000 Years / Zombie Virus Asleep For 50,000 Years In Russia Awakened By Scientists (Photos) / What Is This Animal Called (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) by chymes0359(m): 10:06pm On Jun 08, 2021
ncpat:
Where is the animal?

my attention span to long and not captivating story is 10sec..

Afterr the first paragraph i went down to see the pics of the animal..

I was like where is the animal?

Then i saw your post!
And smiled
Re: This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) by ChiefSosa(m): 10:12pm On Jun 08, 2021
showafrica:

So are you saying UAR has abilities to be a science country or what? I don't need to read about UAR to know about Twitter and thorium. We saw it live when Buhari ate the pigeon and since that time people all over the world has been visiting aso rock. Uranias are tired, dating thorium won't change anything in everything we do.
How many Chelsea sachet you don drink this night?
Re: This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) by Lagoon0: 10:20pm On Jun 08, 2021
peggywebbs:
There are inventors of the internet please do your study. I don't talk because I'm feeling blue. I'm only saying what it is..the process of the internet may be defined but there are people who thought about making it happen while the rest of us where taking a nap.

I'm a physicist and ill boldly tell you you're talking jargons
You say science Is not innovation ? shocked

So you mean innovation has nothing to do with sciences?

Okay who are the innovators?

At times we bypass your ignorance but ill ready to educate you sir.
Re: This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) by BalogunIdowu(m): 10:21pm On Jun 08, 2021
ncpat:
Where is the animal?

I just dey laugh...
You dey look am my brother...
Re: This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) by Obieluagu97(m): 10:21pm On Jun 08, 2021
No be juju be that
Re: This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) by mccloud224(m): 10:40pm On Jun 08, 2021
They will play around that thing, experiment and next, another disease worse than COWVIC 21 is born.
Re: This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) by LordErrk: 10:40pm On Jun 08, 2021
ChiefSosa:

Radio carbon dating was used.

It's spirit that produced radio carbon dating abi?
Re: This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) by ChiefSosa(m): 10:48pm On Jun 08, 2021
LordErrk:

It's spirit that produced radio carbon dating abi?
Radio carbon dating is made possible through the carbon content absorbed. Go through my posts on this thread, I gave someone 2 assignments to submit tomorrow morning....join him.
Re: This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) by MansoryMX(m): 10:48pm On Jun 08, 2021
kus4fame:
Pls, how old is the world again?

The true is nobody knows. Time didn’t invent man, Man Invented time because man has a beginning and an end. The world might be older than time if you ask me. Just my thoughts though undecided
Re: This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) by seyz91(m): 10:59pm On Jun 08, 2021
cheesy
donbachi:
Don't mind the lying animals.
Re: This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) by ppforte: 11:06pm On Jun 08, 2021
Khd95:
24k years, how old is the planet again

Same question I asked when I see supposed dinosaur fossils claimed to be 27 billion years old

Millions
Re: This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) by Dollarremix(m): 11:07pm On Jun 08, 2021
kus4fame:
My brother dis wan shock me ooo
shocked shocked shocked
Re: This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) by chiedu7: 11:08pm On Jun 08, 2021
mu2sa2:
Everything happens by Allah's will. No controversy: Almighty God creates what He wills and does as He pleases.
God creates not allah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) by bizhop01: 12:13am On Jun 09, 2021
Who counted those years
Re: This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) by Ashirioluwa: 12:14am On Jun 09, 2021
Who documented it?
Re: This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) by JaneYave(f): 5:09am On Jun 09, 2021
ajl:

I did my grad research on a cold adapted bacteria, which can grow and survive in warm or freezing temperature. For a cold-adapted organisms to survive under freezing condition, there are a general set of requirements that they must meet:
-special fatty acids in the cell membrane that would not "crack" due to freezing.
-cold adapted proteins and enzymes.
-cytoplasm must not freeze by maintaining proper ionic concentration....

It's adaptation that came about over millions of years.
interesting. Thanks!
Re: This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) by vicfajeze: 5:46am On Jun 09, 2021
ncpat:
Where is the animal?
in Buhari's hand!!!!
Re: This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) by OsusHunter: 6:00am On Jun 09, 2021
kus4fame:
According your Bible, 7 years. wink

Re: This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) by Elgaxton(m): 6:49am On Jun 09, 2021
kus4fame:

God bless you for this question, bro.
Re: This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) by Cnach: 6:57am On Jun 09, 2021
ncpat:
Where is the animal?
Na lia Mohammed son do the report nah
Re: This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) by Nastt20nastt: 7:36am On Jun 09, 2021
Gh
Re: This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) by peggywebbs(f): 9:00am On Jun 09, 2021
Yes it doesn't... please what have you innovated or invented?

You're only studying other people's ideas... that's science.

Lagoon0:

I'm a physicist and ill boldly tell you you're talking jargons
You say science Is not innovation ? shocked

So you mean innovation has nothing to do with sciences?

Okay who are the innovators?

At times we bypass your ignorance but ill ready to educate you sir.
Re: This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) by peggywebbs(f): 9:01am On Jun 09, 2021
You're a good fellow. It was nice arguing with you. Enjoy your day

kalu61:
Like you earlier said, you have freedom of opinion and it doesn't matter what your opinion is because you have an opinion. Therefore, l give it to you.

Enjoy your evening and freedom.

1 Like

Re: This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) by peggywebbs(f): 9:14am On Jun 09, 2021
I'm just going to drop this here.

https://www.nytimes.com/1990/05/31/us/errors-are-feared-in-carbon-dating.html

Obi1kenobi:

You are as free to express your opinion as I'm free to point out how ignorant your opinion is. Your freedom of expression doesn't include freedom from having your misinformed, ignorant opinions challenged. You don't get to spew nonsense about how you would ""rip carbon dating to shreds" when you clearly know absolute diddly squat about what it entails. You don't have to accept anything "hook, line and sinker" but you should at least be minimally educated on what you're rambling about before offering half-baked opinions about it.

And no, someone didn't "discover" the internet. It's a global network of computers with many underlying technologies, infrastructure and protocols that facilitate communication. The kind of scientists you're ignorantly mocking are the kind of people who have given you the platform to spew your ignorance on the internet.
Re: This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) by showafrica(m): 11:24am On Jun 09, 2021
ChiefSosa:

How many Chelsea sachet you don drink this night?

Lol, Chelsea for life...
Re: This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) by Josywhyte: 11:28am On Jun 09, 2021
ncpat:
Where is the animal?

Ask them my brother. Oyibo go just dey whine our nipple,thinking say we be mumu.
Re: This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) by imagrg(m): 11:34am On Jun 09, 2021
All I have to say is, "Thank you God!".
Re: This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) by Lagoon0: 11:42am On Jun 09, 2021
peggywebbs:

Yes it doesn't... please what have you innovated or invented?

You're only studying other people's ideas... that's science.

Re: This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) by Lagoon0: 11:47am On Jun 09, 2021
peggywebbs:

I'm just going to drop this here.

https://www.nytimes.com/1990/05/31/us/errors-are-feared-in-carbon-dating.html

Madam science works with percentage accuracy. Tell me what is accurate in this world.
There is always a degree of accuracy in everything. Can you tell me your present age to the an hour accuracy?
If you can't your age as a percentage error in hours.

I don't need to click the link before i know what you're trying to prove.

If you have better back dating method to high accuracy plz you can share with us.

No one says carbon dating is hundred percent accurate .
Re: This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) by Pororo(f): 1:58pm On Jun 09, 2021
JaneYave:
Good adaptive mechanisms. Microbiologist, please explain to us

Glycerol as a cryoprotectant depresses the freezing point of microscopic cells, enhancing supercooling.
It does so by forming strong hydrogen bonds with water molecules, competing with water-water hydrogen bonding.
This disrupts the crystal lattice formation of ice unless the temperature is significantly lowered.

The organism must have a compound similar to glycerol performing the same function.
Re: This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) by zedman1(m): 2:24pm On Jun 09, 2021
ChiefSosa:
They are Microscopic animals and are measured in Millimeters. They can't be visible to the eyes except you use a Microscope. I'm surprised some people are still asking "Where is the animal" when you have pictures here, several pictures of several species are even on Google.
If you're going to hate on Science, the least you can do is TOTALLY abandon science and everything that has to do with it. Let's see how your life will be by then.
Thank you, once anything science is mentioned here, I marvel at the comments that follow. The internet would have been such a great advantage to this generation unlike ours, we never had it this easy to search for information, but unfortunately all they do is browse on how to dance the latest dance steps and all ( which I am not against in totality ), but that is all they use it for.... So many empty heads these days.
Re: This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) by ChiefSosa(m): 3:33pm On Jun 09, 2021
zedman1:
Thank you, once anything science is mentioned here, I marvel at the comments that follow. The internet would have been such a great advantage to this generation unlike ours, we never had it this easy to search for information, but unfortunately all they do is browse on how to dance the latest dance steps and all ( which I am not against in totality ), but that is all they use it for.... So many empty heads these days.
Honestly, some people disgust me. Even If we "catch cruise", that doesn't mean we should let that totally dumb us down. It's mentally exhausting to deal with them. Their boldness is what amuses me the most. One man was confidently saying that the main reason a phone is called a "Cell Phone" is because the users(humans) have "Cells' in their body. A grown up man for that matter.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Goat Gives Birth To Strange Creature In Limpopo,South Africa (viewers Discretion / The Python That Swallowed A Goat In Gwagwalada Abuja - Photos / How Flying Snakes Can Glide Through The Air (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.