Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,433 members, 7,808,549 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) (85034 Views)

Rare Green Comet To Be Visible From Earth After 50,000 Years / Zombie Virus Asleep For 50,000 Years In Russia Awakened By Scientists (Photos) / What Is This Animal Called (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Re: This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) by JaneYave(f): 4:33pm On Jun 09, 2021
Pororo:

Glycerol as a cryoprotectant depresses the freezing point of microscopic cells, enhancing supercooling.
It does so by forming strong hydrogen bonds with water molecules, competing with water-water hydrogen bonding.
This disrupts the crystal lattice formation of ice unless the temperature is significantly lowered.

The organism must have a compound similar to glycerol performing the same function.
Insightful, I am really learning alot. Thanks
Re: This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 30, 2021
peggywebbs:
Have you personally done carbon dating yourself? Or you're still eating up what someone is telling you in the name of science. Everyone is wondering where the animal is, they said microscopic we didn't argue..they said 24,000 years we knew they were mad.

If you are telling me to go and reader on carbon dating... I'll ask you a million questions and your carbon dating idea will be ripped to shreds. Everything about your science is questions upon questions.

Tomorrow another drunk Scientist will erase your carbon dating theory and come up with his...he will give you some nonsense terms again and then you will swallow it because he says trust my science.

Anyway scientist are liars. The truth is everything men do is for power and recognition. They say knowledge is power.

Knowledge is whatever I tell you it is so far I can confuse you enough to believe me..I won't bother thinking for myself and just accept what you say because for some reason you have figured it out.

Duh!!

Your level of stupidity and ignorance is outta this world. I've never seen anyone this stupid.
Re: This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 31, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Goat Gives Birth To Strange Creature In Limpopo,South Africa (viewers Discretion / The Python That Swallowed A Goat In Gwagwalada Abuja - Photos / How Flying Snakes Can Glide Through The Air (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.