Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

Why Did You Quit Your Last Job - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Did You Quit Your Last Job (12011 Views)

I Just Got A Job Of 50k After I Lost My Last Job / Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? / Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by Teeboy15(m): 10:36am On Jun 08, 2021
greenguy:
GDM Group/Pavoreal Industries. Craziest work environment EVER!

Very scattered and exploitative works space. They own you 24/7 with their peanut pay which will NEVER EVER be complete and which you will almost ALWAYS beg for at the next half of the second month.

The definition of Management there is man and his wife, every other title there is pure slavery.

You can't be there and be sane.

Very mad place, ask around.

Say no more bro. I was a staff of GDM. Really crazy and toxic place to work. Tribalism is the order of the day, if you aren't Yoruba (with due respect to Yorubas) you can't move forward. If you can't lick ass, sorry for you. If you don't have the Pull Him Down (PhD) attitude, you're on your own. Too much office politics. MD would tongue lash you in office meetings, presence of clients, at events, anywhere, just mention it. Rate of attrition over there is to high heavens. To pay workers, they especially field staff is gbege. How many times have people come to mobilize against us at the office, thinking we were the ones holding their money? Some would even come with soldiers. Slashing salaries at will, all in the name of PIP. You'd be on leave but still coming to work. It's a traumatizing experience over there. Work is 24/7. To a point I was depressed. If you work there and still have your sanity intact, you can survive anywhere. Gosh... GDM group is something else.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by mukthar2000(m): 10:39am On Jun 08, 2021
Exploitation, backbiting and hypocrisy.
But back to another good over more than that

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by yazga: 10:50am On Jun 08, 2021
greenguy:
GDM Group/Pavoreal Industries. Craziest work environment EVER!

Very scattered and exploitative works space. They own you 24/7 with their peanut pay which will NEVER EVER be complete and which you will almost ALWAYS beg for at the next half of the second month.

The definition of Management there is man and his wife, every other title there is pure slavery.

You can't be there and be sane.

Very mad place, ask around.
Spot on
Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by yazga: 10:52am On Jun 08, 2021
Everythinggood:
Back then in 2018, i worked for a company for good 2years with my ND certificate, they were paying me 40k for good 2yrs without any increase in salary. And they were over labouring me, imagine doing the work of 4 people at a time, they don't want to employ another workers, because they thought that they were over paying me.
You are complaining, my friend has been on 80k salary for thr last 4 yrs with 2 kids

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by gr8felix(m): 10:59am On Jun 08, 2021
I quit because I was forced to take covid19 vaccine. Two months down the line I've not got another job.
Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by Olayinka997(m): 11:05am On Jun 08, 2021
Lmao
chinoonew09:
I quit because the company relocated without informing me!
Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by Reucy(f): 11:28am On Jun 08, 2021
@Op, yours is so similar to mine, a Law Firm too.
On several occasions I had mental break down because of the work stress. My boss was always issueing deadlines, even when he knew it was totally impracticable to meet up with such deadlines. To the point that he even wanted me to sleep around just to get his job done/satisfy his clients. always yelling at the slightest.

Even when you are sick, you're still expected to be at work. You come by 8am and leave by 7pm. At a point I couldn't take it, I had to resign even without getting another job.

Still job hunting though.
But thank God for God, At least I have my peace of mind now.

7 Likes

Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by Loisemm2(f): 11:32am On Jun 08, 2021
daxon001:
Me and the CEO went for a surprise flexing time at a 5star bar around the neighborhood (to celebrate my birthday). Now Instead of ordering local drinks and fish (my usual), they now put bacchus wine and chicken in front of me. I was so mad! angry I'm like after all I've done for this company. angry Next day, I tendered my resignation.
Village people at work grin

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by KelvinC1(m): 11:39am On Jun 08, 2021
I quit because of TRIBALISM.. I am the only staff that is not YORUBA.. they always keep speaking Yoruba in the staff room and will flog a student for speaking same Yoruba.. I resigned cos I go just dey staff room na only them d talk.. make dem no come talk set me up one day.. I HATE TEACHING JOB SHA.. the igbo woman that own the school ask me why I won quit.. I told here I am not happy hear and the TRIBALISM is too much.. she paid me my two months salary and added Jara for me that she is happy for this observation I just gave her.. I knew she will fire that yeye female principal.. always speaking YORUBAi.. I am idoma from BENUE state.. you can't TRY TRIBALISM in our Family school in Makurdi, my elder brother the Proprietor will fire you straight.. #shalom.. TRIBALISM is RACISM.. #McADOYii #TheTalkerTAINER

7 Likes

Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by Mode4: 11:39am On Jun 08, 2021
I just taya. And I never get any job since seven months now and I am still happy I left.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by youngllleo: 12:01pm On Jun 08, 2021
On my last job, it was a great site but not at the heart of attraction!
It was new... Customers weren't on rampant as expected!
I spent 1200 daily for transport and feeding!
Nd not making up to that amount, was supposed to pay 40k for my space wen i wasn't seeing upto 10k weekly!
The work left me in soo much debt, i had to leave instantly
Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by gasparpisciotta: 12:22pm On Jun 08, 2021
I fell in love with my boss’s wife and daughter!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by NgHotGirls: 12:45pm On Jun 08, 2021
grin
gasparpisciotta:
I fell in love with my boss’s wife and daughter!!!
Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by honeycandy(f): 1:14pm On Jun 08, 2021
The work environment was toxic for me. My bp shot up, I had to choose between staying alive or keeping the job. Na person wey dey alive dey pursue career. Now I am jobless and need a job. lol

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by greenguy: 1:15pm On Jun 08, 2021
Teeboy15:

Say no more bro. I was a staff of GDM. Really crazy and toxic place to work. Tribalism is the order of the day, if you aren't Yoruba (with due respect to Yorubas) you can't move forward. If you can't lick ass, sorry for you. If you don't have the Pull Him Down (PhD) attitude, you're on your own. Too much office politics. MD would tongue lash you in office meetings, presence of clients, at events, anywhere, just mention it. Rate of attrition over there is to high heavens. To pay workers, they especially field staff is gbege. How many times have people come to mobilize against us at the office, thinking we were the ones holding their money? Some would even come with soldiers. Slashing salaries at will, all in the name of PIP. You'd be on leave but still coming to work. It's a traumatizing experience over there. Work is 24/7. To a point I was depressed. If you work there and still have your sanity intact, you can survive anywhere. Gosh... GDM group is something else.

LoL... You really are a GDM alumni cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by jarx: 1:39pm On Jun 08, 2021
I was exploited. He employed new workers with diploma and some lower than my btech qualification and paid them more than me. Infact he placed on same salary scale with gatemen and cleaners. He refused me permission, I disobeyed and was sacked
Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by Whoknowsme: 1:50pm On Jun 08, 2021
Shagiman2467:
I didn't have time for myself and my family
Same thing with me and I was used eehh. Imagine going to school 6am to close by 6pm too and I was under payed. I looked sick but I thank God it taught me lessons about life too

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by Gfskw: 3:33pm On Jun 08, 2021
Stress
Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by CaptGroin(m): 3:58pm On Jun 08, 2021
MARKETING OFFICER
Qualification: ND, NCE, HND/B.Sc in any discipline
Possess at least 1 years working experience in any financial institution or related industry

Salary: 40k-60k, commission , transport and HMO

Interested candidates should send CV to firstglobal21@gmail.com

*PLEASE INDICATE JOB TITLE IN AS SUBJECT OF THE MAIL*
Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by Tunks2017(m): 4:31pm On Jun 08, 2021
The company was paying meagre groundnut, denying due promotion and doesn't increase salaries. They have not promoted or increased staff salary for over 12 years. The staffs have been on one spot for years and have nothing after almost 10 years of service.
The chairman is very greedy & wicked and uses all sorts of excuses not to pay staff salaries mean while he loots the company's revenue for his personal use, travelling, new gf, buying new jeeps/suv, houses etc. He is a self centered ungrateful, narcissist and controls the MD like a puppet. The MD is not any better and forces staff to close at 7:00pm and very abusive. They change driver every 2 months because most of the drivers resign angrily after been maltreated. The company also has a very crafty policy of stealing staff salaries, deducting up to 12% - 30% in the name of punishment for lateness, and other frivolous excuses...........
angry sad

After 3 years I evacuated out of the useless stagnant company............

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 08, 2021
Afte reading all your comments I have come to the conclusion that all of us are just working for the sake of not being idle not because we love our jobs.

9 Likes

Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by Ogegod87: 5:06pm On Jun 08, 2021
Tunks2017:
The company was paying meagre groundnut, denying due promotion and doesn't increase salaries. They have not promoted or increased staff salary for over 12 years. The staffs have been on one spot for years and have nothing after almost 10 years of service.
The chairman is very greedy & wicked and uses all sorts of excuses not to pay staff salaries mean while he loots the company's revenue for his personal use, travelling, new gf, buying new jeeps/suv, houses etc. He is a self centered ungrateful, narcissist and controls the MD like a puppet. The MD is not any better and forces staff to close at 7:00pm and very abusive. They change driver every 2 months because most of the drivers resign angrily after been maltreated. The company also has a very crafty policy of stealing staff salaries, deducting up to 12% - 30% in the name of punishment for lateness, and other frivolous excuses...........
angry sad

After 3 years I evacuated out of the useless stagnant company............

This is the definition of slavery. Gosh!!!
Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by Hassanmaye(m): 5:25pm On Jun 08, 2021
Bmaster:
Women always tend to be in charge.

They'll confuse our overall oga using the power of pussy,
Boys are then maltreated and the ladies given preferential treatment.
Haha vagina people are powerful

I quit
Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by liveyourlife007(m): 5:30pm On Jun 08, 2021
daxon001:
Me and the CEO went for a surprise flexing time at a 5star bar around the neighborhood (to celebrate my birthday). Now Instead of ordering local drinks and fish (my usual), they now put bacchus wine and chicken in front of me. I was so mad! angry I'm like after all I've done for this company. angry Next day, I tendered my resignation.
idiota grin
Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by dljbd1(m): 6:19pm On Jun 08, 2021
chinoonew09:
I quit because the company relocated without informing me!
This is very funny....are you serious?
Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by Xyzee: 6:34pm On Jun 08, 2021
Relocation to the Maple Country.
Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by Redman44(m): 6:43pm On Jun 08, 2021
illicit:
I quit teaching

It's an underrated and underpaid job

Hmn. I feel you. Teaching is a very underrated job in Nigeria. You are made to do so much work including marking homework, classwork and teaching many subjects. It is a tough experience you will have as a teacher in a private school. Hmn.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by illicit(m): 6:54pm On Jun 08, 2021
Redman44:

Hmn. I feel you. Teaching is a very underrated job in Nigeria. You are made to do so much work including marking homework, classwork and teaching many subjects. It is a tough experience you will have as a teacher in a private school. Hmn.

Yes Boss

And then there's a lot of hypocrisy on the parts of the parents and the school owners
Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:44pm On Jun 08, 2021
Toxic work culture.

Was too young to be waking up with dread for the day.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 08, 2021
Must be a fintech company , am right abi

M
Skyfornia:
We were among the first people that started the company, we did so many things outside our job descriptions just to keep the company afloat. Even went for marketing...

But when the company started making progress, new set of people were brought in and offered salaries higher than ours. We complained and after few months nothing significant was done...so we moved!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gyrodata Trainee Field Engineers / Akintola Williams Deloitte Recruiting / Beware Of This Recruitment Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.