Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Please, Have I Offended Him? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please, Have I Offended Him? (1849 Views)

My Elder Brother Offended Me I Took This Decision N Now This Is Happening / I Offended My Wife And She Is Denying Me Sex / Have I Done The Right Things? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, Have I Offended Him? by Pricyy: 6:44am On Jun 08, 2021
Good morning everyone.
I don't know if this is the right section to post this, but I'll appreciate your opinion.
I'm currently running my industrial training in an organization. so yesterday, my boss and his colleague were talking about employing an office assistant to run errands in the office, I suggested that he employs me to fill the position ( I run most of the errands anyway), but he declined stating that my internship is a paid one( which he didn't mention at the beginning, he said it's at the end of my internship he'll pay me.I've been there for two months now) I felt bad afterwards.
I regret asking him to employ me to fill that position...
Re: Please, Have I Offended Him? by rawpadgin(m): 6:50am On Jun 08, 2021
Nothing to regret there. Mata fact, he should be happy that you are willing to stay after your internship
Re: Please, Have I Offended Him? by Ynix(m): 6:50am On Jun 08, 2021
Write him a letter of apology and show a sense of remorse.
You are not supposed to dabble into their discussion

2 Likes

Re: Please, Have I Offended Him? by Pricyy: 6:53am On Jun 08, 2021
Ynix:
Wrote him a letter of apology and show a sense of remorse.
You are not supposed to dabble into their discussion
I didn't dabble into the discussion though, I asked him 30 minutes later.
His colleague wasn't there when I asked.
Re: Please, Have I Offended Him? by sisisioge: 6:53am On Jun 08, 2021
Dont further elaborate the matter. Just be looking and doing your job. Good luck.
Re: Please, Have I Offended Him? by yanabasee1(m): 6:55am On Jun 08, 2021
You have every right to express yourself.

And since he said he'll pay you at the end of your internship, then you shouldn't be greedy after all....

Do your work and do your best, of after your internship they refused to retain you, then it means there are better opportunities out there waiting to embrace you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please, Have I Offended Him? by tesseract: 7:20am On Jun 08, 2021
Please you did nothing wrong. You expressed your desire to do a job that was open in the office, so what? I admire your courage.
Re: Please, Have I Offended Him? by emorse(m): 7:20am On Jun 08, 2021
sisisioge:
Dont further elaborate the matter. Just be looking and doing your job. Good luck.
Do this, OP.
Re: Please, Have I Offended Him? by 1F30M4(f): 8:32am On Jun 08, 2021
Nope, you didn't offend him in any way.. I'm sure he has his reasons, do not let that bother you so much.. Just keep doing amazing okayy.
Re: Please, Have I Offended Him? by Sarsaproko: 8:39am On Jun 08, 2021
God is good.
Re: Please, Have I Offended Him? by Richy4(m): 6:55am On Jun 09, 2021
Please Next time approach the matter in a formal way.. that's if you did not do it like that....

Approaches matters a lot when dealing with issues.... The best approach would have been meeting him privately one on one...then u tell him why u were the best for that role... suggesting that they hire u infront of the colleague seems like you were eavesdropping on their conversation that does not involve u... even when it was said infront of you... it was not a general meeting where u can say your mind... just saying this incase of next time if you find yourself in such situation again.. (I guess this should be part of your industrial training grin)

Just let it slide.. I will suggest that you carry on with your work like nothing happened .. u did not kill anyone... they should even be proud of you that you were willing to work.. that you have the 'can do' attitude every boss is looking for
Re: Please, Have I Offended Him? by frozen70(f): 2:06pm On Jun 10, 2021
Pricyy:
Good morning everyone.
I don't know if this is the right section to post this, but I'll appreciate your opinion.
I'm currently running my industrial training in an organization. so yesterday, my boss and his colleague were talking about employing an office assistant to run errands in the office, I suggested that he employs me to fill the position ( I run most of the errands anyway), but he declined stating that my internship is a paid one( which he didn't mention at the beginning, he said it's at the end of my internship he'll pay me.I've been there for two months now) I felt bad afterwards.

You are on internship, meaning that you will be going soon, he needs someone that will be there all the time

So just leave him to decide whatever he wishes
If after the internship, you wish to remain there, then you can come back for employment
Re: Please, Have I Offended Him? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 10, 2021
I don't see anyways youve offended him by indicating interest in something you want for yourself.

It's high time people started braving up and stopped being fearful at their place of work.

Know your right as an employee.
You have the right to question and request for anything provided it's not against and outside the companys policies.

No offence here.

1 Like

Re: Please, Have I Offended Him? by Gynn: 11:23pm On Jun 10, 2021
I don't understand, why are you feeling bad?

You probably see your employer as a demigod.

It won't help your career in the long run.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please, Have I Offended Him? by baralatie(m): 3:10pm On Jun 11, 2021
Pricyy:
Good morning everyone.
Well !
You will just have to hold yourself for the next two months to complete the itf program
Re: Please, Have I Offended Him? by baralatie(m): 3:11pm On Jun 11, 2021
frozen70:

You are on internship, meaning that you will be going soon, he needs someone that will be there all the time

So just leave him to decide whatever he wishes
If after the internship, you wish to remain there, then you can come back for employment
The op has to go back to school to complete education vo
Re: Please, Have I Offended Him? by frozen70(f): 7:24pm On Jun 11, 2021
baralatie:

The op has to go back to school to complete education vo
She ought to understand this part
Re: Please, Have I Offended Him? by mosdii(m): 7:33am On Jun 12, 2021
Nigerian Girls Are Useless...All Of Them

1 Like

Re: Please, Have I Offended Him? by hakeemhakeem(m): 9:10am On Jun 12, 2021
Your boss is doing you good, he want you to finished your IT .asks yourself what take you there in the first place, because of money you are losing the purpose reason he said he would pay you after the IT tenure. Why asking for errand boy when you can be retain

1 Like

Re: Please, Have I Offended Him? by tosinhtml: 12:19pm On Jun 12, 2021
Pricyy:
Good morning everyone.
I'm currently running my industrial training in an organization. so yesterday, my boss and his colleague were talking about employing an office assistant to run errands in the office, I suggested that he employs me to fill the position ( I run most of the errands anyway), but he declined stating that my internship is a paid one( which he didn't mention at the beginning, he said it's at the end of my internship he'll pay me. I've been there for two months now) I felt bad afterwards.

I suspect something fishy, why didn't they mention your internship is paid? Anything that isn't written in a document is not an agreement.

I suggest you move on with your duties and not expect anything, please also try to get real Internships that will allow you learn a skill instead of running errands.

Beware of Nigerian styled Internships that want to turn you into office house girl, you're an Intern meant to learn not an office assistant.

I think you need mentors in your life. Why would you even ask for an office assistant job in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Please, Have I Offended Him? by Pricyy: 7:18am On Jun 27, 2021
tosinhtml:

I suspect something fishy, why didn't they mention your internship is paid? Anything that isn't written in a document is not an agreement.

I suggest you move on with your duties and not expect anything, please also try to get real Internships that will allow you learn a skill instead of running errands.

Beware of Nigerian styled Internships that want to turn you into office house girl, you're an Intern meant to learn not an office assistant.

I think you need mentors in your life. Why would you even ask for an office assistant job in the first place.

Thank you for this comment.
Means a lot

(1) (Reply)

30k Airtime Giveaway To Students / Is Marital Love Depreciative In Nature? / Unlucky Couple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.