Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,763 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

TB Joshua: The Nigerian Outsider Who Became A Global Televangelist Star - BBC - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / TB Joshua: The Nigerian Outsider Who Became A Global Televangelist Star - BBC (49218 Views)

How Popular Nigerian Televangelist TB Joshua Died / TB Joshua, The Synagogue And Conspiracies / Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TB Joshua: The Nigerian Outsider Who Became A Global Televangelist Star - BBC by Bvlgari: 12:17pm On Jun 08, 2021
RIP sir...u were a blessing to our generation

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua: The Nigerian Outsider Who Became A Global Televangelist Star - BBC by Poshguy2(m): 12:20pm On Jun 08, 2021
It will be hard for the church to move on without him.

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua: The Nigerian Outsider Who Became A Global Televangelist Star - BBC by illicit(m): 12:20pm On Jun 08, 2021
I know he was a philanthropist
Re: TB Joshua: The Nigerian Outsider Who Became A Global Televangelist Star - BBC by Angrygoat: 12:20pm On Jun 08, 2021
The sight of the building only shows its demonic. Shey na Airport. Everything is covered hidden and dark. How many feet be the fence sef. Demonic synagogue. God disgraced him

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua: The Nigerian Outsider Who Became A Global Televangelist Star - BBC by abefeabebi(m): 12:21pm On Jun 08, 2021
How much sir
Re: TB Joshua: The Nigerian Outsider Who Became A Global Televangelist Star - BBC by Sewgon79(m): 12:22pm On Jun 08, 2021
Yabov:
Oh wow

How

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua: The Nigerian Outsider Who Became A Global Televangelist Star - BBC by Lattop(m): 12:23pm On Jun 08, 2021
Just love the Man
Re: TB Joshua: The Nigerian Outsider Who Became A Global Televangelist Star - BBC by JuanDeDios: 12:23pm On Jun 08, 2021
Missyajoke:
Whether he his fake or not fake we will know on the Judgement day. On the Judgement all this men of God we will know their true colour. The man is gone rest biko, he's he a God
Fair point. But I think it's better to cultivate some ability to figure out certain things in the here and now since that will impact the decisions that shape your life and determine your happiness and that of those close to you.

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua: The Nigerian Outsider Who Became A Global Televangelist Star - BBC by DAramis: 12:24pm On Jun 08, 2021
shadrach77:
Life is funny. People detested this guy so much. He has suddenly become a star upon his death cry
That is life for you. It reminds me of a quote by a wiseman when people are working hard to pull him down. He said:

Hate me today, but tomorrow will vindicate me.

Whether he is fake or not was never my concern but, all I know is that he touched lifes of people through his charity works. Foodstuffs, payment of fees, assistance to the needy etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TB Joshua: The Nigerian Outsider Who Became A Global Televangelist Star - BBC by Whoknowsme: 12:24pm On Jun 08, 2021
Rest on great man of God. You will be missed
Re: TB Joshua: The Nigerian Outsider Who Became A Global Televangelist Star - BBC by Abikeade11(f): 12:25pm On Jun 08, 2021
Rest in peace T.B Joshua, you're a blessing to us.

2 Likes

Re: TB Joshua: The Nigerian Outsider Who Became A Global Televangelist Star - BBC by AeroplaneApple: 12:25pm On Jun 08, 2021
They should let the man rest. Everything has done or achieved is now between him and God..
BBC want to follow Twitter

https://www.nairaland.com/6592021/80000-naira-loan
Re: TB Joshua: The Nigerian Outsider Who Became A Global Televangelist Star - BBC by ohosi4real(m): 12:25pm On Jun 08, 2021
A true prophet don't last long on earth. He has worked for God and God took he when the world needed most.
Re: TB Joshua: The Nigerian Outsider Who Became A Global Televangelist Star - BBC by BigBashiru: 12:27pm On Jun 08, 2021
Omihanifa:
Nigeria's influential pastor TB Joshua, who has died aged 57, was considered a pariah among the country's mega-televangelists and struggled until his death to be accepted within their circles, despite amassing millions of followers across Africa.

Ostracised by both the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) and the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN) he was described as an "impostor" who belonged to a group of "occults" that had infiltrated Christianity.

But Mr Joshua was no different from the other televangelists who have held many Nigerians in their grip with their "prosperity messages" since the early 1990s.

Most of them are more dramatic and perform the same "miracles", but Mr Joshua - who headed the Synagogue Church Of All Nations (SCOAN) - was not part of their clique.

"He was rough. He was crude. His methods were unorthodox," says Abimbola Adelakun, assistant professor in the African Studies Department at the University of Texas.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-57388592

BBC = British State Sublte Anti-Black Anti-Africa Propaganda Machine
Re: TB Joshua: The Nigerian Outsider Who Became A Global Televangelist Star - BBC by Unrated900(m): 12:28pm On Jun 08, 2021
Missyajoke:
Whether he his fake or not fake we will know on the Judgement day. On the Judgement all this men of God we will know their true colour. The man is gone rest biko, he's he a God

That na if we all make it to the kingdom of heaven
Remember some are going to help fire
Number one person is the lifeless man for faking us with 1$ to 1naira
Re: TB Joshua: The Nigerian Outsider Who Became A Global Televangelist Star - BBC by preshyusufu: 12:28pm On Jun 08, 2021
For me, i am not the God that called TB Joshua so i cannot question his calling. one of the challenges he had in his life time was him not be accepted by the body of Christians in Nigeria. This alone is a enough frustration and he had this case of his church collapse on him all through.

These two challenges can affect ones peace. I HAVE VOW NOT JUDGE ANY MAN OF GOD, BECAUSE EVEN ME, I AM NOT PERFECT.

RIP Prophet T. B. JOSHUA.

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua: The Nigerian Outsider Who Became A Global Televangelist Star - BBC by EdCure: 12:31pm On Jun 08, 2021
Indeed it is hard to see the church going on without him.
I've also been thinking that the church may actually collapse without TB Joshua.
Re: TB Joshua: The Nigerian Outsider Who Became A Global Televangelist Star - BBC by Goldp5988(f): 12:32pm On Jun 08, 2021
shadrach77:
Life is funny. People detested this guy so much. He has suddenly become a star upon his death cry

May God help us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TB Joshua: The Nigerian Outsider Who Became A Global Televangelist Star - BBC by favour32(m): 12:36pm On Jun 08, 2021
Jealousy nai dey worry others...dem sef no go die?
Who no go die?
The man tried....unu nor be God to pass judgment.
Fulani Federal Government dey do unu she una done pass judgment taya..
Wetin we do Fulani wey dey kill Yoruba,
Igbo,Benue, Plateau and others?
FFG go weaken the people with army and police,then Fulani go come graze on the people.
30K nai make BMC dey runup and down for nairaland.
We never talk of Northerner moniker wey dey disguise as Yoruba or Igbo.
If Fulani say dem wan conquer South,
Fulani and FFG nor go get peace.
If you be Southern power broker and you keep quiet.... peace and good health go elude you anywhere you run go....
Re: TB Joshua: The Nigerian Outsider Who Became A Global Televangelist Star - BBC by Jayrow08: 12:42pm On Jun 08, 2021
Poshguy2:
It will be hard for the church to move on without him.
No b lie, I pray make e no b lyk Constantinople for Turkey
Re: TB Joshua: The Nigerian Outsider Who Became A Global Televangelist Star - BBC by DDayve: 12:48pm On Jun 08, 2021
sunshineV:
i will not die at 57 repeat after me

You are not God. If you are destined to die younger than 57, you will die

2 Likes

Re: TB Joshua: The Nigerian Outsider Who Became A Global Televangelist Star - BBC by Salt06(m): 12:48pm On Jun 08, 2021
ictjobber:
I've never been a religious person.. But you see this man, i respect him alot.. His church was his church, and his alone. Other pastors in Nigeria their church na family business.
It's actually healthier for both husband and wife to be involved in ministry work. Now there're lots of fraudsters too but it's healthier if both husband and wife are involved. Many of such people knew they were wired for ministry work and chose spouses with a similar/ supportive calling.
About family involvement,
It's Just like we have families of Doctors, lawyers, engineers and we're thrilled.
Aaron and his sons were priests and Eli and his lineage were priests too before God rejected them but like I said earlier there are fakes too.
Doesn't mean there are no genuine ones

2 Likes

Re: TB Joshua: The Nigerian Outsider Who Became A Global Televangelist Star - BBC by Agbebakun22: 12:50pm On Jun 08, 2021
Muchmore024:
I remember having a dream last year August that he dead. The dream was so real. I even did a voice record immediately after the dream so I won't forget. Still on my phone till this moment. RIP GOD'S GENERAL

Why u no tell us then shey na now weh e don die u come bring am up, koshi fake dreamer

2 Likes

Re: TB Joshua: The Nigerian Outsider Who Became A Global Televangelist Star - BBC by Barryseal: 12:54pm On Jun 08, 2021
One of his ordained wisemen will take over. Wiseman Jonchi, Wiseman Harry and the other fella

2 Likes

Re: TB Joshua: The Nigerian Outsider Who Became A Global Televangelist Star - BBC by Sugargal1(f): 1:00pm On Jun 08, 2021
Weda the miracles wia real or fake, u lived a life worth emulating... Rest on papa

2 Likes

Re: TB Joshua: The Nigerian Outsider Who Became A Global Televangelist Star - BBC by Cnach: 1:01pm On Jun 08, 2021
BruncleZuma:
Make una allow the man and him miracles rest nah?
Bro this man cannot rest, surely we must always mention him. My worries becomes who in Nigeria will have such gift as great as his. A man that controls healing powers by looking, induce sleep by waving...God pls fill this vacuum

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua: The Nigerian Outsider Who Became A Global Televangelist Star - BBC by juman(m): 1:05pm On Jun 08, 2021
We are so pained by TB joshua death.

I try to believe the bad news.
Re: TB Joshua: The Nigerian Outsider Who Became A Global Televangelist Star - BBC by Theicecode(m): 1:07pm On Jun 08, 2021
He was a good man that cared about the poor, masses! he gave out whatever he made from his church, he didn't use that to buy 5 private jets or 100 luxury cars but he gave back instead to the poor unlike those fake pastors like adeboye and the one with a private school and also plenty of the so called fake pastors, may his soul rest in peace TB Joshua.

2 Likes

Re: TB Joshua: The Nigerian Outsider Who Became A Global Televangelist Star - BBC by November24(f): 1:09pm On Jun 08, 2021
Omihanifa:
'They thought he was fake'

Mr Joshua came from a poor background and was brought up by his Muslim uncle following the death of his Christian father.

He mostly wore a jalabia - a loose-fitting garment worn by Muslims, and kept a moustache that gave him an intense look.

When Mr Joshua started his ministry on television in the mid-90s, his hair did not glisten, his shoes were not shiny and he did not have an American twang - he spoke with a Yoruba accent, and a mixture of English and Pidgin.

His followers found him charismatic and down-to-earth, and his message spread around the world.

Mr Joshua refined himself as he became wealthy, adding a fleet of cars and a private jet to look the part, but he remained an outsider.

Most Nigerian pastors are products of a mentorship scheme where senior pastors are referred to as "daddy/mummy in the Lord".

"They don't believe you can stand on your own without having anyone to defer to," says Gbenga Osinaike, publisher of Nigeria's leading Pentecostal publication.

"The extreme charismatic movements feel you need a mentor - Paul, father of Timothy, Elijah, father of Elisha, and all that. They thought he was fake and the relationship was frosty."

Born on 12 June 1963, Mr Joshua also did not help himself with outlandish claims - one of them being that he was in his mother's womb for 15 months.

To witness his prayer sessions in the early days of his televised ministry was to be treated to exorcism that many felt bordered on the occult.

Some of it felt like a hypnotic session, others like that of a magician at work.
He was not effusively dramatic when he prayed, and seemed not to expend a great deal of strength when he supposedly commanded spirits out of humans.

But he still wielded enormous power - people fell when he spread out his arms, rolled when he snapped his fingers, and his breath pushed back rows and rows of his congregation.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-57388592

He's actually fake
Re: TB Joshua: The Nigerian Outsider Who Became A Global Televangelist Star - BBC by Lotechi(m): 1:15pm On Jun 08, 2021
Missyajoke:
There is no such thing as judgement day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? / Bishop Oyedepo Preaching Near Devils Shrine In Sango Ota / You Can’t Make Heaven If You Take Vitamin C And Eat Titus Fish – Preacher )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.