Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,793 members, 7,798,676 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

FG, Twitter In Talks After Suspension - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG, Twitter In Talks After Suspension (18064 Views)

Nigerians Defy FG’s Twitter Ban / Goodbye To Twitter In Nigeria - Adamu Garba Mocks Twitter After Suspension / Oshiomole Summons NWC Meeting After Suspension Is Lifted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG, Twitter In Talks After Suspension by garfield1: 11:48am On Jun 08, 2021
chrysolite1:

Nigeria lost 6 billion in 3 days after Twitter's suspension whilst Twitter's stock went up...time is already telling

6 bil is nothing.nigeria loses more than that from other sectors daily.twitter must have lost triple of that
Re: FG, Twitter In Talks After Suspension by garfield1: 11:49am On Jun 08, 2021
chrysolite1:

Lol! Let me spell it out for you. Twitter begging FG wouldn't change anything because, as long as they don't change their policies, if buhari makes another senseless tweet, they'd still delete it again..comprende?
So until you hear that they are changing their policies (which they'd never do!) They sure as hell aren't begging

At least,they will beg which is a great moral victory
Re: FG, Twitter In Talks After Suspension by Misterone: 12:11pm On Jun 08, 2021
chrysolite1:

Lol! Let me spell it out for you. Twitter begging FG wouldn't change anything because, as long as they don't change their policies, if buhari makes another senseless tweet, they'd still delete it again..comprende?
So until you hear that they are changing their policies (which they'd never do!) They sure as hell aren't begging
Monkey! did they change their policy for China or india? what matters is so long as they do our bidding we are ok. when we say JUMP, their response should be HOW HIGH not l can't.
Re: FG, Twitter In Talks After Suspension by Elvisgolden: 12:20pm On Jun 08, 2021
ChiefSosa:
All this commotion just because of one tweet o.....JUST ONE. Buhari is petty as hell. I knew he was petty ever since he disabled his comment section a while ago. He's a total disgrace, even to womanhood. If you've been active on twitter, you'll see the level of mockery buhari is facing. They're even insulting his mother. BUHARI IS A WORLDWIDE DISGRACE.

After all this rubbish you have written, your father will not still hesitate just to donate you to Buhari for just ordinary handshake
Re: FG, Twitter In Talks After Suspension by Darkmode64: 12:22pm On Jun 08, 2021
Monogamy:
The suspension wasn't really actually about Buhari's tweets that was deleted but about Twitter's new policy update and other social media..

[s]FG has been warning about that since the beginning of the year.. Foreign companies can't impose unnecessary policies on us[/s]
Same foreign companies didn't beg for their platforms to be used. Buhari and other officials willingly signed up for profiles on this platform whilst agreeing to the term of use. What are you saying? A tweet violated stipulated rules and was deleted. Everywhere dey boil. You're part of the problems of this country. angry
Re: FG, Twitter In Talks After Suspension by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 12:22pm On Jun 08, 2021
Now that america and europe is reality why is the government crying

Re: FG, Twitter In Talks After Suspension by chrysolite1: 12:41pm On Jun 08, 2021
Misterone:
Monkey! did they change their policy for China or india? what matters is so long as they do our bidding we are ok. when we say JUMP, their response should be HOW HIGH not l can't.
Exactly! If they didn't do it for those countries with a higher number of users, what in the hell makes you think they are under pressure to "beg" Nigeria, that doesn't even generate as much as those countries would for them?
Re: FG, Twitter In Talks After Suspension by chrysolite1: 12:46pm On Jun 08, 2021
Misterone:
Governance is not Child's Play. It is not a game that you do first to bat your eyelids. It is beyond that. it is not about personal interest but the common good of the majority. you must be a child for you to be thinking first to! first tol! what matters is that at the end of the day, twitter will be regulated in Nigeria. All these Nandi Kunu hate tweets would be no more and Mr President would be able to communicate to Nigerians through twitter without his tweets being subjected to ridicule by Jack Dorsey. A Win win for Nigerians.
Was hoping for original material instead of repetition of over used cliche's
The majority of Nigerians are getting screwed but the suffering has been some people's birth right since time immemorial and they don't notice any difference...sheeps
Re: FG, Twitter In Talks After Suspension by chrysolite1: 12:48pm On Jun 08, 2021
garfield1:

6 bil is nothing.nigeria loses more than that from other sectors daily.twitter must have lost triple of that
Of course it isn't. It's really a proud achievement for the govt. Buhari's govt have done worse than that after all.
Re: FG, Twitter In Talks After Suspension by chrysolite1: 12:51pm On Jun 08, 2021
Misterone:
Perdon me for even thinking you have a little bit of comprehension ability. They can't do your "bidding" if they don't change their policies.
Keep reading that last line and you might just understand what I'm saying by next year!
Re: FG, Twitter In Talks After Suspension by chrysolite1: 1:01pm On Jun 08, 2021
Grayoso:

Lol. This is the sad and pathetic reality with self-hating dimwit like you. Anyone can sell you lies you would gulp up easily because you hate yourself and your black skin and would prefer to be white or from Europe or USA.

Twitter never sent any tweet disrespecting Buhari by pretending not to know or care who he is. That is IPOBian propaganda any sensible person , other than self-haters like you, would know cannot be legitimate.

See for yourself below Otondo. We know nothing will please self-hating douches like you more than for a social app originating in the West to be ridiculing and belittling your African leaders.

Yet the reality is that Buhari, as the President of the biggest black nation on Earth, is not the mate of Jack Dorsey or his social media app called twitter.

One has the electoral mandate to transform lives while the other is a glorified 'influencer' some can even argue legitimately is doing damage to the world with how his social media app replaces the ability of people to think independently with 'sheeple' and hard mentality for a capitalist agenda.

https://www.nairaland.com/6589379/fact-check-did-twitter-claim-ignorance
Of course they wouldn't send that kind of tweet using their official handle. They are too smart to do that. It's called plausible deniability. Obvious subtle middle finger to the dullard. I'm smart enough to verify that it wasn't from their handle. The point was they did nothing to curb the circulation of said "tweet" except to release a statement that protects them.
You forgot to add that he's also the president of the POOREST black nation on Earth..and the poverty aspect is the only part he had a hand in
Re: FG, Twitter In Talks After Suspension by chrysolite1: 1:08pm On Jun 08, 2021
garfield1:

At least,they will beg which is a great moral victory
They didn't beg India or china who have 10 times the number of Twitter users that Nigeria has, what makes you think they'd beg Nigeria?
Re: FG, Twitter In Talks After Suspension by QuotaSystem: 1:22pm On Jun 08, 2021
Nuelito:
Jack no dey even stress himself...the guy just dey mute since

Quietly deleting Lamidi Kanu's tweets.

Re: FG, Twitter In Talks After Suspension by Frenzy01(m): 1:43pm On Jun 08, 2021
This people take a rash decision hastily without really thinking of the long term consequences.

Abeg.. Make una Patronize my small business pls �. I sell and I buy any breed of dogs swiftly at a very reasonable price. I also offer Boarding and pet care services. Checkout my siggy for contact information
Re: FG, Twitter In Talks After Suspension by garfield1: 2:17pm On Jun 08, 2021
chrysolite1:

They didn't beg India or china who have 10 times the number of Twitter users that Nigeria has, what makes you think they'd beg Nigeria?

If mtn and dstv begged nigeria,I dont see how twitter is.from their body language,they will.they may not really beg per se but at least initiate conciliatory moves and promise to modify their platform

1 Like

Re: FG, Twitter In Talks After Suspension by Misterone: 4:18pm On Jun 08, 2021
chrysolite1:

Was hoping for original material instead of repetition of over used cliche's
The majority of Nigerians are getting screwed but the suffering has been some people's birth right since time immemorial and they don't notice any difference...sheeps
keep wailing. The ban is on. use VPN If you can.
Re: FG, Twitter In Talks After Suspension by luluman: 7:55pm On Jun 08, 2021
Monogamy:
The suspension wasn't really actually about Buhari's tweets that was deleted but about Twitter's new policy update and other social media..

FG has been warning about that since the beginning of the year.. Foreign companies can't impose unnecessary policies on us
Shut up. Why did the suspension immediately follow delete of his tweet.?
Truth is he was pained that tweeter did not regard him.
Re: FG, Twitter In Talks After Suspension by luluman: 7:58pm On Jun 08, 2021
heykims:

Threat ke?
In as much as the FG went a bit overboard with the ban, plus the fact that Buhari is a disaster, I love the boldness and the gut they displayed in banning twitter. Not any country try what they did, moreso a developing nation.
Truth be told too, Tweeter need to thread well and they've learnt their lesson.
And you dont think Buhari learnt a lesson too? That he can only disregard Nigerian laws not others.

1 Like

Re: FG, Twitter In Talks After Suspension by chrysolite1: 10:36am On Jun 09, 2021
garfield1:

If mtn and dstv begged nigeria,I dont see how twitter is.from their body language,they will.they may not really beg per se but at least initiate conciliatory moves and promise to modify their platform
Nigeria makes up majority of MTN and DStv users in Africa. Of course they'd be willing to beg. Not Twitter though. "Conciliatory" moves implies policy change and they will never do that
Re: FG, Twitter In Talks After Suspension by garfield1: 11:23am On Jun 09, 2021
chrysolite1:

Nigeria makes up majority of MTN and DStv users in Africa. Of course they'd be willing to beg. Not Twitter though. "Conciliatory" moves implies policy change and they will never do that

So who makes up majority of twitter users in Africa my boy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dapo Abiodun: Houses Where Cultists Live Will be Demolished, Parents Punished / Osinbajo Denies Owning Ikoyi Collapsed Building, To Sue Sahara Reporters / Amaechi Officially Resigns As Transportation Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.