Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

My Visit To Maiduguri Brono State. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Visit To Maiduguri Brono State. (2576 Views)

Asaba To Maiduguri Via Abuja By Road (live Update). / Lockdown: My Visit To Street Market In Greece (photos) / My Visit To Willow Wood: Hotel Allegedly Owned By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Visit To Maiduguri Brono State. by Onlinefarmstore: 6:07pm On Jun 08, 2021
Due to the rising cost of food items, and other food items, and the issue of our agent being sick, there was need for we to visit Maiduguri, because we needed to meet small scale farmers, and offer support to them in order to maximize this years wet season, as climate season is dealing seriously with us, and pushing us one step closer to famine and poverty.

Note: You can watch the videos we made in Maiduguri including our visit to Molai, Konduga and others on Instagram via https://instagram.com/cheapmarketdeal

Hope this make front page? Mod?
Re: My Visit To Maiduguri Brono State. by aieromon(m): 6:12pm On Jun 08, 2021
Onlinefarmstore:
Due to the rising cost of food items, and other food items, and the issue of our agent being sick, there was need for we to visit Maiduguri, because we needed to meet small scale farmers, and offer support to them in order to maximize this years wet season, as climate season is dealing seriously with us, and pushing us one step closer to famine and poverty.

Note: You can watch the videos we made in Maiduguri including our visit to Molai, Konduga and others on Instagram via https://instagram.com/cheapmarketdeal

Consider starting a YouTube channel as well, thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Maiduguri Brono State. by Onlinefarmstore: 6:14pm On Jun 08, 2021
I originally planned to travel by road on the sixth from Abuja to Maiduguri via Brono express, but my mum called and said she saw a vision etc (you know na), so I switched it to an arik flight on the seventh, flight an afternoon flight. Midway the flight began to jerk, when it was loosing altitude, though the pilot said it was a normal thing, but we finally managed to land safely.

Pic 1. When I was in NAIA Abuja awaiting time be boarded.

Pic 2. Inside the plane

Pic 3. A pic taken from the window of the flight when it was jerking.

Re: My Visit To Maiduguri Brono State. by Omihanifa: 6:18pm On Jun 08, 2021
Celebrity farmer grin

Hope you visited BAGA the fishing town grin
Re: My Visit To Maiduguri Brono State. by Onlinefarmstore: 6:18pm On Jun 08, 2021
We finally arrived Maiduguri airport aboard a flight W3.1.4.7 and an ETA of 1hrs+

1 Share

Re: My Visit To Maiduguri Brono State. by Onlinefarmstore: 6:20pm On Jun 08, 2021
From this point it’s every Malam to his kettle and I continued my journey
Re: My Visit To Maiduguri Brono State. by Onlinefarmstore: 6:26pm On Jun 08, 2021
I took a stroll after my flight and after I had rest round Maiduguri which I will high light the pictures I took from within the town

Pic 1 Leventis road

Pic 2 Maiduguri’ Gate

Pic 3 A government school.

Need to say that Maiduguri has one of the most developed public school infrastructure amongst other state capitals I have been to including Abuja, their public schools are well built. As per who have been round Nigeria.

Re: My Visit To Maiduguri Brono State. by Onlinefarmstore: 6:31pm On Jun 08, 2021
Pic 1&3UN building as I was told

Pic 2Computer village Maiduguri

Need to say most of my pics where taken while in motion as it will arose suspicion of I come down to take pictures as public infrastructures are classified as sensitive. (As I was told). They where taken while in a vehicle

Seventh ended here! I retire to my hotel room. You can follow my update on Instagram @cheapmarketdeal or https://instagram.com/cheapmarketdeal

Re: My Visit To Maiduguri Brono State. by Homeboiy: 6:47pm On Jun 08, 2021
You get mind sha
Re: My Visit To Maiduguri Brono State. by aieromon(m): 7:00pm On Jun 08, 2021
Homeboiy:
You get mind sha

Media tends to over stretch the news sometimes. You will be amazed at the large number of people living and hustling in Maiduguri.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Maiduguri Brono State. by chukslawrence(m): 8:04pm On Jun 08, 2021
shocked
Re: My Visit To Maiduguri Brono State. by Drella(m): 8:42pm On Jun 08, 2021
aieromon:

Media tends to over stretch the news sometimes. You will be amazed at the large number of people living and hustling in Maiduguri.

You'll be amazed at the large number of the people and the soldiers dying and being displaced almost everyday there!

3 Likes

Re: My Visit To Maiduguri Brono State. by aieromon(m): 8:55pm On Jun 08, 2021
Drella:

You'll be amazed at the large number of the people and the soldiers dying and being displaced almost everyday there!

Dying and being displaced where? grin grin
Travel more often and open your mind to learn, unlearn and relearn.

If you can't travel, at least learn from threads such as this.

4 Likes

Re: My Visit To Maiduguri Brono State. by aieromon(m): 9:07pm On Jun 08, 2021
Omihanifa:
Celebrity farmer grin

Hope you visited BAGA the fishing town grin

Out of bounds to civilians and locals.
Re: My Visit To Maiduguri Brono State. by HRHQueenPhil(f): 11:10pm On Jun 08, 2021
I pray God will send his servant to that state just like he sent bishop Oyedepo to ota turning a bush to an industrial city
Re: My Visit To Maiduguri Brono State. by Drella(m): 11:12pm On Jun 08, 2021
aieromon:

Dying and being displaced where? grin grin
Travel more often and open your mind to learn, unlearn and relearn.

If you can't travel, at least learn from threads such as this.

I know countless soldiers who lost their lives in Borno such that I got tired of seeing graphic pictures and typing RIP.
The ones that survive tell tales of situation of things(incessant attacks and casualties on civilians too)...I lived in the barracks so what do you expect?

If a street is being taunted by armed robbers,some will pack out,some will still sleep at night and hope nothing bad happens,police services might be used.Not everyone will desert the street.
Same way people go about their daily businesses in Borno does not mean real shii don't happen there..

Even the media does not know how things have degenerated,incase you rely on the media!

Modified:
I should travel to a war zone?
You can lead to Baga,Munguno,Metele,Kaffa,e.t.c

2 Likes

Re: My Visit To Maiduguri Brono State. by samuel19222(m): 11:58pm On Jun 08, 2021
shocked
Re: My Visit To Maiduguri Brono State. by Onlinefarmstore: 7:21am On Jun 09, 2021
On the eight of June, despite not being cleared I was determined to meet local farmers. I was tired of audio numbers. (Need to say that we run a scheme where we provide farmers with funds to farm, and provide market for them. Note am not an NGO, neither are we paid by the government).

This is the journey of Molai, in Jere LGA of Brono state.

I was advised not to use my phone as I will be shot dead on the spot, (but you know I refused), carried my phone and was taking photos, but I didn’t take sensitive photos, just landscape. Though the pictures aren’t much, but I say the first wind effect of Bokoharam, how APCs where burnt, and how villagers live in fear. God bless the Nigerian Security forces, excluding police officers, the Army guys answered my question and some of the CJTF and hunters even granted me and interview though on the condition of no videos. But you see police, Dover am , was just asking on the condition of who etc.

When we passed FOB Molai, the real world began to unfold.

Note: Remember that time that some rice farmers where killed in Brono, by Boko Haram, and the government was saying that they didn’t have license to farm? Most people didn’t get the government. Let me explain:

Outside Maiduguri, or other places near supper camps or places that are always under the threat of Boko Haram or Iswap, (need to know that Molai is on the same road to Sambisa forest), for you to farm, or go to farm in the morning, you will have to wait for the anti bomb squad, or crack team to go and clear for farm, ie to demine the land, incase it wAs invaded in the night or Boko haram has laid mines in it in the night, then you will be given a pass, and allowed to pass, which you will present when entering again, else you will be arrested and and tag a fighter. Never lose your tag, better to lose your dollars than you pass, as you can never enter the town. This is done to catch BH fighter.

When I got to the point of my pass I was denied because the villagers claimed that they don’t know me, and also that I don’t have a guarantor.

Need to know that this pass or demining process might take till 9am in the morning or ten sometime and this will reduce their amount of time spent in the field and make them work lesser, lesser work lesser output and will contribute to food insecurity.

Attached are random pictures from Molai, need to know that the roads are deserted and the pics where taken in motion.

Need to also note that I was told to remove my Islamic covering or I will be tagged a terrorist

2 Likes

Re: My Visit To Maiduguri Brono State. by Onlinefarmstore: 7:51am On Jun 09, 2021
Because of their refusal to allow us into Molai, we moved to another part of Jere LGA, their we where allowed entrance but we where given a time frame to leave and allowed to ask only few questions.

The pictures are taken randomly and hence where I meet with several farmers (majorly women), and had a taste of fresh foods for free

4 Likes

Re: My Visit To Maiduguri Brono State. by Onlinefarmstore: 7:53am On Jun 09, 2021
Still in the community

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Maiduguri Brono State. by Onlinefarmstore: 7:58am On Jun 09, 2021
This is Zara, a victim of Bokoharam attack in Molai, who has been unable to go to school, and who mother (single mother) is finding difficult to feed no to talk of school. Zara Mum told me that they pray for a better tonight, not even tomorrow

The rest picture are of the group of women in met on their farms, who told me that they are being threatened by seasonal flooding and BH attacks and how they run into the bush each time that their is an attack.

2 Likes

Re: My Visit To Maiduguri Brono State. by Onlinefarmstore: 8:03am On Jun 09, 2021
After I left Jere LGA, I headed to Gambouri market in Gala LGA. That was who the morning was spent.

Let me say something for clearing sake, Maiduguri town encompasses about 4 LGA, Jere, Kounduga, Mafa and Maiduguri Municipal Council. The town has spread to accommodate this LGA (though in parts).

My first point of calm was Gambouru onions market.
Two months ago in this same market I bough a bag of onions for as low as 4.5k now the same onions is 11k, and I was told it will get to forty thousand soon.

A bag of dry pepper was sold for 17k

3 Likes

Re: My Visit To Maiduguri Brono State. by jollenbaba(m): 8:33am On Jun 09, 2021
Well done post in full abeg
Re: My Visit To Maiduguri Brono State. by aieromon(m): 11:17am On Jun 09, 2021
Onlinefarmstore:
After I left Jere LGA, I headed to Gambouri LGA. That was who the morning was spent

Re: My Visit To Maiduguri Brono State. by Onlinefarmstore: 11:54am On Jun 09, 2021
From Gambouru I visited the Beans market on the road to Lake Chad, where Beans was sold a cheap rate. Original Oloyin Beans. Need to know that Beans is becoming expensive by the day as a bag of beans we bought for less than 20k at the beginning of the year is now 30k. And I was told that it will still increased and I was advised to stock up. Also note that the market for the beans has everything in it. ( if you want to learn the business, check out our Instagram page @ https://Instagram.com/cheapmarketdeal) we have a video that explains the business in details

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Maiduguri Brono State. by Raymond0008(m): 1:23pm On Jun 09, 2021
Interesting
Re: My Visit To Maiduguri Brono State. by Onlinefarmstore: 3:52pm On Jun 09, 2021
From the beans market we headed to Baga Road Market.

Note: due to the high rate of insecurity in Baga town, most people from Baga transport their fish to Baga road market in Maiduguri- this is not same as Baga town. We have a person that brings his own to Baga road market for us from Baga, moungono etc while we pick it up from their.

You see this carton of mangala fish, I got each cartoon for 32k and they are just as that size am holding in my hand and more than 200pcs in each cartoon.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Visit To Maiduguri Brono State. by Onlinefarmstore: 3:57pm On Jun 09, 2021
From Baga Road market, I retired to my hotel room as I was tired! Till the next day. This is because I was preparing to head to Moungono, Demasak, and Auno, all this are BH enclaves, so I needed to be mentally and emotionally sound.

2 Likes

Re: My Visit To Maiduguri Brono State. by Onlinefarmstore: 4:02pm On Jun 09, 2021
Ninth.

My friend called in sick, (can’t blame him, if you are the one they say you should head to all this enclaves will you? Am sure he is still recovering from the shock of the Molai visit, and you are telling him to head to Auno, where Bh is people afraid).

We finally left for Auno by 10:30am today. Though I wished I had the presence of Crack squad or Men Of the Nigerian Army with me. For the first time I was afraid of BoKo Haram, not death.

Need to say, I met with direct victims of BoKo Haram attacks, real (but for security reasons no pic).

This video show our pic in Auno road.

For understanding sake, kindly check Auno massacre or attack that happened on 9 Feb. 2020

I was ordered to remove my Islamic clothing or I will be labeled a terrorist.

2 Likes

Re: My Visit To Maiduguri Brono State. by seunsiju(m): 4:49pm On Jun 09, 2021
If Op can't finish this Farming Oddyseey...
Just know Boko Haram don finally catch him

Why playing with fire
Re: My Visit To Maiduguri Brono State. by Igbankpa(m): 5:23pm On Jun 09, 2021
I can only go to a place like that as a soldier having all the necessary gadgets to defend myself, which I'm not even still safe not to talk of going as a civilian touring the dangerous terrain of maiduguri. You even seem to be having fun! please be safe, the bad guys(boko boys) are very much out there.

2 Likes

Re: My Visit To Maiduguri Brono State. by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 09, 2021
Death dey hungry you?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need To Get My Iom Sputum Test Asap. Please Help. / I Want To Travel Abroad, What Is The First Thing I Must Do???. / Student Visa Renewal In Uk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.