Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,898 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

5 Most Powerful/Brave Tribes In Nigeria * - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Most Powerful/Brave Tribes In Nigeria * (22115 Views)

Merry Christmas To Our Armed Forces And Our Brave Men And Women In Uniform. PICS / The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria / Pictures Buharis Campaign In Katsina As People Brave The Sun To Wait For Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Most Powerful/Brave Tribes In Nigeria * by PoloG: 11:04pm On Jun 08, 2021
abeeee:

You know nothing about history.....
Name two kingdoms that where ever as great as the Benin kingdom at its peak
i am talking of present day.. Benin kingdom was great I know.. but benin youth aren't dining anything to deal with those fulanis kidnapping people along auchi expressway.. I will say southerners should start retaliating the killings by fulanis in their lands..

2 Likes

Re: 5 Most Powerful/Brave Tribes In Nigeria * by abeeee(m): 11:08pm On Jun 08, 2021
PoloG:
i am talking of present day.. Benin kingdom was great I know.. but benin youth aren't dining anything to deal with those fulanis kidnapping people along auchi expressway.. I will say southerners should start retaliating the killings by fulanis in their lands..
Kidnappings in the expressway has long stopped Bross....and if not for yahoo and boys wey don travel.....
Na only god for know sha
Re: 5 Most Powerful/Brave Tribes In Nigeria * by SlayerForever: 11:08pm On Jun 08, 2021
BigSarah:
Story, Since most IPOB members are trying to handover one of the Best tribes in Africa to a tactless blogger and podcaster... I don't think we deserve to be number one, replace it Fulani(those guys are practically taking turns in over 300 tribes bums)

You dirty huhhhh? grin grin
Re: 5 Most Powerful/Brave Tribes In Nigeria * by ScamHunter: 11:09pm On Jun 08, 2021
PoloG:
hahhahhahhahaha oga don't come here to rewrite history just because you want to praise your tribe..
Which seriki fulani are you talking about?
And it is documented that the igbos were captured and sold as slaves to the Europeans by the ijaws and ibibios grin grin ..

Kidnapping a lone Igbo man in the bush and selling him as a slave takes nothing away from the fact that his tribe is brave. Even raiding an entire clan or village perhaps when they're asleep doesn't mean they're not brave. Slave raiders may have advantage of numbers or surprise as we are witnessing with Fulani raid on villages all across Nigeria. What we are talking about is a natural trait of bravery as seen in the confrontation of threats. Since Fulani started ethnic cleansing from Southern Kaduna to Adamawa, from Benue and now to Oyo, which ethnic groups have stood up to them except the Jukuns in Taraba and Igbo in the south? These things do not need high intelligence to understand. It is a reproducible fact that the Igbo, the Kanuri and the Jukuns are the warrior tribes of Nigeria. They should just remove Fulani from that list.

8 Likes

Re: 5 Most Powerful/Brave Tribes In Nigeria * by PoloG: 11:16pm On Jun 08, 2021
abeeee:

Kidnappings in the expressway has long stopped Bross....and if not for yahoo and boys wey don travel.....
Na only god for know sha
bros them kidnap person for these last month
Re: 5 Most Powerful/Brave Tribes In Nigeria * by justlegacy: 11:22pm On Jun 08, 2021
Look around you, you'll see why.
I can't v[/color]ouch for Igalas though.
Igbo have both pre colonial and post colonial history. Have never been conquered, no visible trace of being subdued by fellow Africans. Dragged with the British colonialists for 28 solid years in the Battle[color=#990000]
field before colonialisation (longest for any African), the revolts for slaves of Igbo origin (Igbo landing and the Maroons). Post Colonial, they dragged the Western Super powers (Britain and USSR) for 3 straight years in the battle field.
Presently, they have IPOB, ESN and UGM to vouch for them.
Kanuri has their history. Pre colonial, they defeated the Fulani forces clean. Post colonial, they have Boko Haram to vouch for them.
Fulani pre colonial Caliphate vouch for them, subdued more than half of the Northern tribes which include the entire Hausa, Jukun, Nupe, Gwari, Etsako in present Edo, Ilorin of Yoruba etc. Post colonial, they have ISWAP, Bandits and Herdsmen to vouch for them
Bini have only stories. Even Ijaw is kicking their ass at the moment. But nevertheless, the British met a stable Benin Kingdom with minor external influence, that showed proof of power. The way they received the colonialists showed bravery although it didn't last long

Nice one

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Powerful/Brave Tribes In Nigeria * by ScamHunter: 11:25pm On Jun 08, 2021
PoloG:
yet they murdered over 50 people in ngbo ebinyi state some weeks ago grin grin
Crap
You're mistaken. Those were Igbos in Benue that bordered Ebonyi. It's like same community that was divided by state creation and a part in Benue and the other in Ebonyi. You have to understand that ESN is restrained because of state issues. That's why we advocate all Igbos should be in the same country irrespective of whether they're in SE, MB or SS. If those guys were in SE, there's no way the work of ESN would not have given them protection. Even I listened to IPOB telling Ortom to invite them to Benue officially. That Fulani killings would be history. And you say Igbo isn't the bravest tribe in Nigeria? I don't know about Africa, but there's no doubt you can't beat Igbo in terms of having warriors with the heart of lions. Which ethnic groups have resisted fulani since they started cutting wide swats in tears and blood except Igbo and Jukuns? Name one.

8 Likes

Re: 5 Most Powerful/Brave Tribes In Nigeria * by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jun 08, 2021
Atleast yorubas gave us the first weeping general... guys i googled weeping general and the first name to come out is oladipo diya .. you can try it

6 Likes

Re: 5 Most Powerful/Brave Tribes In Nigeria * by SlayerForever: 11:45pm On Jun 08, 2021
PoloG:
nonsense.. igbos that were kidnapped and sold as slaves by minority tribes? grin grin or the same people colonized by the igalas? grin grin or the same people that have have won any war in their existence? grin grin
You guys can only chestbeat .. nothing grin grin grin

Igbos were kidnapped by who?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Powerful/Brave Tribes In Nigeria * by BSsniffer: 11:53pm On Jun 08, 2021
GBOKASINCHA:
Atleast yorubas gave us the first weeping general... guys i googled weeping general and the first name to come out is oladipo diya .. you can try it

But the tribe known for running away when shit happens is the igbos.

Cc: Ojukwu, Kanu

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Powerful/Brave Tribes In Nigeria * by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jun 08, 2021
BSsniffer:

But the tribe known for running away when shit happens is the igbos.

Cc: Ojukwu, Kanu
oga ur kinsman is considered by google as the first weeping general ... thats the highest acknowledgement of cowardice...you can google it and see for urself

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Powerful/Brave Tribes In Nigeria * by BSsniffer: 11:59pm On Jun 08, 2021
GBOKASINCHA:
oga ur kinsman is considered by google as the first weeping general ... thats the highest acknowledgement of cowardice...you can google it and see for urself

The high of cowardance is sacrificing 3 million of your kinsmen to hunger and 3mm bullets of the federal forces while you flee disguised as a woman.....this is factual and known..... it's even said that the guys at the border molested ojukwu thinking he was a woman.....keep wankking your ego to some stupid blogger and a shit thread....lmao

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Powerful/Brave Tribes In Nigeria * by Princesaha: 12:36am On Jun 09, 2021
ScamHunter:

You're mistaken. Those were Igbos in Benue that bordered Ebonyi. It's like same community that was divided by state creation and a part in Benue and the other in Ebonyi. You have to understand that ESN is restrained because of state issues. That's why we advocate all Igbos should be in the same country irrespective of whether they're in SE, MB or SS. If those guys were in SE, there's no way the work of ESN would not have given them protection. Even I listened to IPOB telling Ortom to invite them to Benue officially. That Fulani killings would be history. And you say Igbo isn't the bravest tribe in Nigeria? I don't know about Africa, but there's no doubt you can't beat Igbo in terms of having warriors with the heart of lions. Which ethnic groups have resisted fulani since they started cutting wide swats in tears and blood except Igbo and Jukuns? Name one.
Not just Igbo and Jukun Dear. Yes I agree that the two mentioned tribes are brave but there is a tribe called Langtang in Jos, Fulanis don't mess with them. There is also a tribe though I have forgotten their name where Fulanis don't make noise. You will remember when about 750 Fulanis were killed in Mambilla about four years ago. We also have the Eggon tribe and they are also brave. In the Southern side, apart from the Igbo, we have Benin and Ijaw also waxing strong.
I don't see Fulanis as a brave tribe. Rather they carry out cowardly attacks on hapless victims using Guerrilla warfare. They can't stand a well armed group. If Ortom should allow ESN enter Benue, Fulani Herdsmen will be a thing of the past in that state.

9 Likes

Re: 5 Most Powerful/Brave Tribes In Nigeria * by Shiver99: 12:40am On Jun 09, 2021
PoloG:
nonsense.. igbos that were kidnapped and sold as slaves by minority tribes? grin grin or the same people colonized by the igalas? grin grin or the same people that have have won any war in their existence? grin grin
You guys can only chestbeat .. nothing grin grin grin

Lol. cheesy
Do you think Igbos are like your tribe? Dem never born any minority well to even think about encroaching Igboland to catch slaves.

Slaves from internal wars in Igboland were traded by Igbo merchants, eventually they landed in diverse places. An igbo merchant gifted a white traveller a hausa slave as a present.

I'm sure there were numerous Yoruba slaves in Igboland, although that's something Igbos don't care about.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Powerful/Brave Tribes In Nigeria * by gregyboy(m): 12:44am On Jun 09, 2021
Yorubas are registered cowards, from an edo man...

The igbos never had explicit historical past but they have now made modern day history of their braveness

Inside a country another country is know as biafra deserves an applaud

Yorubas have been historically cowards binis ransacked their lands for slaves, fulani sacked their empire and they only found bravery in waring themselves

Yorubas can never be a brave tribe, religion differences would always pull them back

5 Likes

Re: 5 Most Powerful/Brave Tribes In Nigeria * by ScamHunter: 12:59am On Jun 09, 2021
Princesaha:

Not just Igbo and Jukun Dear. Yes I agree that the two mentioned tribes are brave but there is a tribe called Langtang in Jos, Fulanis don't mess with them. There is also a tribe though I have forgotten their name where Fulanis don't make noise. You will remember when about 750 Fulanis were killed in Mambilla about four years ago. We also have the Eggon tribe and they are also brave. In the Southern side, apart from the Igbo, we have Benin and Ijaw also waxing strong.
I don't see Fulanis as a brave tribe. Rather they carry out cowardly attacks on hapless victims using Guerrilla warfare. They can't stand a well armed group. If Ortom should allow ESN enter Benue, Fulani Herdsmen will be a thing of the past in that state.
I appreciate this information. I heard of the Mambilla saga and I'm convinced that there are less known tribes with warriors. Just that people may not be aware that such tribes exist. At least, I've learned about the Erggon and Langtang. I've heard of Langtang before, just didn't know that they're a warrior tribe. At least with your testimony, we're proud majority of native tribes may not be as pusillanimous as some big ones who have allowed invaders to run amok. Imagine how hot the bandits would have found natives if all stood up to them? Which state do we find the Erggon and have you heard of the Kuteps?
Re: 5 Most Powerful/Brave Tribes In Nigeria * by theTranslator: 1:15am On Jun 09, 2021
Enyimbafc:
Kid,Benjamin Adekunle nevr fought 4 biafra,he was killed by Ojukwu for betrayial.This is just a summary,their are many other parts of Adekunle in biafra,i don't have time to explain here so go on research b4 typing trash.
That's Banjo
Idiot

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Powerful/Brave Tribes In Nigeria * by BKayy: 1:16am On Jun 09, 2021
abeeee:

There is no kingdom in Nigeria that was as great as the Benin kingdom in its prime non....
Not you Igbo's who lived in hut clusters and fought each others with sticks
Story story.... Story
Once upon a time....
We are talking facts and you are bringing in folktales.
Benin fell under a day to both British colonialists and Biafra. True or false?
Would you people like to retry against Ndigbo?
You people are like one town in Igboland. Not even up to a clan

4 Likes

Re: 5 Most Powerful/Brave Tribes In Nigeria * by theTranslator: 1:17am On Jun 09, 2021
gregyboy:
Yorubas are registered cowards, from an edo man...

The igbos never had explicit historical past but they have now made modern day history of their braveness

Inside a country another country is know as biafra deserves an applaud

Yorubas have been historically cowards binis ransacked their lands for slaves, fulani sacked their empire and they only found bravery in waring themselves

Yorubas can never be a brave tribe, religion differences would always pull them back
Can we meet one on one?? angry grin grin
I go show this oba's slave pepper cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 5 Most Powerful/Brave Tribes In Nigeria * by Shiver99: 1:27am On Jun 09, 2021
BKayy:

Story story.... Story
Once upon a time....
We are talking facts and you are bringing in folktales.
Benin fell under a day to both British colonialists and Biafra. True or false?
Would you people like to retry against Ndigbo?
You people are like one town in Igboland. Not even up to a clan

Sometimes I really wonder about these people.

Benin city was estimated to be around 15,000 people at the late 1800s. While Arochukwu, just one of the major towns of the Aro sub-group was estimated at 100,000 a couple decades earlier.

An someone is trying to say that that small town conquered Igbos in entirety. You can argue but please argue with sense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Powerful/Brave Tribes In Nigeria * by BKayy: 1:31am On Jun 09, 2021
ScamHunter:

Kidnapping a lone Igbo man in the bush and selling him as a slave takes nothing away from the fact that his tribe is brave. Even raiding an entire clan or village perhaps when they're asleep doesn't mean they're not brave. Slave raiders may have advantage of numbers or surprise as we are witnessing with Fulani raid on villages all across Nigeria. What we are talking about is a natural trait of bravery as seen in the confrontation of threats. Since Fulani started ethnic cleansing from Southern Kaduna to Adamawa, from Benue and now to Oyo, which ethnic groups have stood up to them except the Jukuns in Taraba and Igbo in the south? These things do not need high intelligence to understand. It is a reproducible fact that the Igbo, the Kanuri and the Jukuns are the warrior tribes of Nigeria. They should just remove Fulani from that list.
There was never a time Ijaw dared step foot into Igboland. They are still scared of it till date.
People that started existing after Slave trade ended due to inclusion of returned slaves into their ranks.
They were hunted as sacrifice before the British came. It was when the British came that some Igbo clans settled and used their ports to negotiate with the White slave traders, that was how Jaja of Opobo was sold to Ubani (Igbo coastal town) by a slave merchant from Oguta in present day Imo State.
They no born the entire Ijaw well to step foot into Igboland

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Powerful/Brave Tribes In Nigeria * by BKayy: 1:32am On Jun 09, 2021
Shiver99:

Sometimes I really wonder about these people.
Benin city was estimated to be around 15,000 people at the late 1800s while Arochkwu, just one of the major towns of the Aro sub-group was estimated at 100,000 a couple decades earlier.
They really believed and live in their fairly tales.
They think we are all fools. The entire Benin of today sef can't field as much army as average Igbo town, talkless of clan

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Powerful/Brave Tribes In Nigeria * by Princesaha: 2:44am On Jun 09, 2021
ScamHunter:

I appreciate this information. I heard of the Mambilla saga and I'm convinced that there are less known tribes with warriors. Just that people may not be aware that such tribes exist. At least, I've learned about the Erggon and Langtang. I've heard of Langtang before, just didn't know that they're a warrior tribe. At least with your testimony, we're proud majority of native tribes may not be as pusillanimous as some big ones who have allowed invaders to run amok. Imagine how hot the bandits would have found natives if all stood up to them? Which state do we find the Erggon and have you heard of the Kuteps?
The Langtang people are found in plateau but they are minorities making up of two local governments. The dominant tribe there are Berom but Fulanis dey use them do barbeque but you see this Langtang people, Fulanis no dey near there at all. The Kuteps are found in Taraba state while the Eggon are found in Nassarawa state. The Eggon tribe is the dominant tribe in Nassarawa and are majorly Christians and Animists.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Most Powerful/Brave Tribes In Nigeria * by gregyboy(m): 3:58am On Jun 09, 2021
BKayy:

They really believed and live in their fairly tales.
They think we are all fools. The entire Benin of today sef can't field as much army as average Igbo town, talkless of clan

We binis outrun your ibo towns in the past and sold you off as slaves

If you want proves i will bring them but again you will still deniel it

Instead of you fighting the past you can't rewrite why not be proud of the present you guys are currently the face of bravery in Nigeria

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Powerful/Brave Tribes In Nigeria * by ivandragon: 4:14am On Jun 09, 2021
BKayy:

Story story... Story
If you guys are brave, confront the Fulani that blocked your borders and are in charge of your ports like Ndigbo are doing

Lol.

Some of you characters are just agent provocateurs. Looking for needless trouble were there is non.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Most Powerful/Brave Tribes In Nigeria * by SGANIVA(m): 5:35am On Jun 09, 2021
my list is

igbo the most hated tribe in Nigeria.no tribe in this world would survive what igbos is surfering in nigeria
fulani conquest .
Yoruba , very tactical but been drawn back by religion , without Yorubas biafra would have easily overrun Nigeria .

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Most Powerful/Brave Tribes In Nigeria * by AdakaBoro8(m): 6:09am On Jun 09, 2021
trashes...
Re: 5 Most Powerful/Brave Tribes In Nigeria * by Splashme: 6:13am On Jun 09, 2021
Ok
Re: 5 Most Powerful/Brave Tribes In Nigeria * by Nobody: 6:30am On Jun 09, 2021
BKayy:

You and your whole family are welcomed to raid Igboland.
Or better, travel to Igboland, enter one forest and stay there for 2 hours.
Things like this are ought to be confirmed in person. Life and direct

Why should I go to yeeboland when many of your blothers ran out of there to other lands to trade? If yeeboland were so great why are more yeebos outside than inside?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Most Powerful/Brave Tribes In Nigeria * by kettykin: 6:41am On Jun 09, 2021
OnionBandit:
Nonsense list

How Igbo take brave pass fulani?

Where is the bravery in hiding behind a compromised and incompetent military to commit crimes against innocent, unarmed villagers

4 Likes

Re: 5 Most Powerful/Brave Tribes In Nigeria * by PoloG: 8:32am On Jun 09, 2021
Shiver99:

[s]Lol. cheesy
Do you think Igbos are like your tribe? Dem never born any minority well to even think about encroaching Igboland to catch slaves.

Slaves from internal wars in Igboland were traded by Igbo merchants, eventually they landed in diverse places. An igbo merchant gifted a white traveller a hausa slave as a present.

I'm sure there were numerous Yoruba slaves in Igboland, although that's something Igbos don't care about.
[/s]
igbo people with their grand delusion andchestbeating just to feel good grin grin
It is on record that ijaws and ibibios raised and sold igbo slaves to the Europeans. grin grin .. can you tell me how you guys got to the port from which your were transported to the Americas.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Powerful/Brave Tribes In Nigeria * by PoloG: 8:33am On Jun 09, 2021
SlayerForever:

Igbos were kidnapped by who?
igbos were sold as slaves by the ijaws

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

FG Mulls Mandatory Savings Scheme For Nigerians / Defection: Court Refuses APC’s Request To Sack Tambuwal / Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.