Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,385 members, 7,808,364 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? (60922 Views)

My Girlfriend Won't Cohabit To Save Expenses. Help Me. / How To Cohabit With A Woman / 14-Year-Old Girl Flees Home To Cohabit With Facebook Lover In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by lkillbrokehoes: 9:29am On Jun 09, 2021
sgtponzihater1:
If the guy is comfortable ladies like comfort. I was staying in a cubicle and no girl stayed

My job in Delta that year gave a 1 bedroom flat with internet, free DSTV subscription. We had almost 24hrs light, and kitchen was modern upgrade, and I made sure there was food and drinks. And the babe slept over one night, and the day her sister offended her, she insulted her back and came to stay without even informing me. Thank God I fell out with my boss on account of pay, and had the opportunity to cut loose.
cheesy
Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 09, 2021
ABANGWABOI:
grin grin

Op na Fool..
Those men that Camp them in their homes are feeding them and paying all the girl(s) bills..
Personally, I prefer not cohabiting cos you spend more when you do so and still get same sex you get when you don't..
Op you be Ode..

No mind OP he thinks it easy camping a lady. You practically foot all bills and sure you get to know her more.

2 Likes

Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by babakb: 9:29am On Jun 09, 2021
And when another man finally decides to marry these used whoores they will start claiming feminists, they will say house chores is not for women alone, meanwhile they were doing it for a niiga before angry angry angry

15 Likes

Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by airminem(f): 9:30am On Jun 09, 2021
Probarly...
Vision101:
@Kalapizim
My girlfriend and I hardly see because of work for both of us so she comes over on Thursdays till Saturdays.

This arrangement works fine for us

@me
What do you usually do when she comes?
They watch African magic and study the good book while taking their bath...smh cheesy

2 Likes

Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by lakefist(m): 9:30am On Jun 09, 2021
donogaga:
When single ladies choose to cohabit with men, yielding to free sexual servicing, domestic chores and the likes, what exactly goes through their minds?

This is love?
This will make him marry me?
I am married and this is my duty?
This is what it takes to hold a man?

Which?

More importantly, why is it difficult for women to see this at this point.
Chances are many are reading this now telling themselves "no, this is not me. My own case is different. We are in love."

Okay then. Love.

What is love? What to you is love?

We cannot understand, you think.

Welcome to the journeys that led to the pregnancies that led to undesired marriages that became toxic and ended up in very hurtful divorces having one person bearing almost all the physical, financial and social cost of it as a single parent.

Welcome to the realities many of us currently live but then, maybe we don't understand.

If he truly loves you, he'd do the needful and marry you right. Don't be mistaken. When the right one comes along, he'd do away with all the excuses he's giving you and marry her. Unfortunately, many learnt this lesson the hard way.

The choice is yours.

https://www.facebook.com/100047151253398/posts/322131562701883/

I learnt the hard way, but thank God for grace and second chance.
Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by toffyz(m): 9:31am On Jun 09, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:
It's their of this three
1. I love him so much and his place is comfortable
2. Am super broke and he both love each other
3. He keeps fighting me and getting upset when I return home, let me rather stay
4. Am suspecting he cheats and will abandon me, so let me seduce him with food and sex so he won't stray

That's abt it grin
You cannot be more than correct!

Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by sammieguze(m): 9:32am On Jun 09, 2021
sometimes, it is not out of excuse or blind love. it is out of the financial realities on the ground.
sometimes you can see all the telltale signs he loves and cares for you but doesn't have the financial capacity to make it official. i am not making excuses for anybody. just saying the realities are different for different people

donogaga:
When single ladies choose to cohabit with men, yielding to free sexual servicing, domestic chores and the likes, what exactly goes through their minds?

This is love?
This will make him marry me?
I am married and this is my duty?
This is what it takes to hold a man?

Which?

More importantly, why is it difficult for women to see this at this point.
Chances are many are reading this now telling themselves "no, this is not me. My own case is different. We are in love."

Okay then. Love.

What is love? What to you is love?

We cannot understand, you think.

Welcome to the journeys that led to the pregnancies that led to undesired marriages that became toxic and ended up in very hurtful divorces having one person bearing almost all the physical, financial and social cost of it as a single parent.

Welcome to the realities many of us currently live but then, maybe we don't understand.

If he truly loves you, he'd do the needful and marry you right. Don't be mistaken. When the right one comes along, he'd do away with all the excuses he's giving you and marry her. Unfortunately, many learnt this lesson the hard way.

The choice is yours.

https://www.facebook.com/100047151253398/posts/322131562701883/

2 Likes

Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by J2381: 9:33am On Jun 09, 2021
Free sexual services? Are you for real? The sex isn't free. They're living with a man, who pay the bills, put food on their table, give them free change and the likes, so the sex is what they use to pay him.

This is very typical for girls who have absolutely nothing, like nothing to offer a man, other than their vaginas. It really is a shame.

So please don't say the sex is free because it isn't. Sometimes these girls even knowingly get pregnant for the man when they get to know he has properties... This is why you see many of them with kids to feed and their baby daddy ain't giving them a dime.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by legba1(m): 9:35am On Jun 09, 2021
I will like to address the "free sex" narrative... In the context of the subject matter. The fact you cohabit with a guy that pays his rent and utilities we both use already placed a price on every and all benefits that accrues from our living together, except you share the burden of the cost which in most cases is not. So the sex in this case is not free, the relationship is not symbiotic and mutual

2 Likes

Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by 1kinggy(m): 9:36am On Jun 09, 2021
Na internship. Not all interns are paid for their hard work. Lucky ones eventually get permanent placement.

10 Likes

Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by airminem(f): 9:37am On Jun 09, 2021
shocked
debbydams:
lol u are right but nothing can keep a man that want to cheat o,
I came to visit my friend, she is so nice nd her bf use to cal her every seconds, video calls nd all that..I'm not jealous tho because I know men are scum..so yesterday her bf came to take us out because she has bn sick, we came back late nd he decided to sleep over.
I was playing with my phone while she's trying to cook for him can u imagine this guy Is asking me out telling me he will give me everything I want I left the room it was when my friend came in before I could sleep in peace..this a guy that showed my friend love nd my friend can vouch her kidney for this guy oo..I now believe that men are scum..the worst part is the guy promised her marriage,,he has even introduced her..men men chai
Thats how the story begins

1 Like

Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by yusluvad(m): 9:38am On Jun 09, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:
It's their of this three
1. I love him so much and his place is comfortable
2. Am super broke and he both love each other
3. He keeps fighting me and getting upset when I return home, let me rather stay
4. Am suspecting he cheats and will abandon me, so let me seduce him with food and sex so he won't stray

That's abt it grin
Lol! grin grin

You've got good points though...
Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by Farki: 9:40am On Jun 09, 2021
What difference does marriage make to the relationship aside from government knowing you are in a relationship?

Whoever is loyal will be loyal, whoever is troublesome will be troublesome.

You are only pushing this narrative to fit into traditional standards.

7 Likes

Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 09, 2021
The relationship is for survival, the sex doesn't matter in this regard. I have been almost been a beneficiary or victim of this in the past, I can tell you that sex is the last thing women who need to survive worry about. It was a plan to trap & rob me, but I escaped, thanks a good friend of mine who told me to keep off from this evil friend.

They can be worried about pregnancy which will ensure you always use protection, but sex? NO.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by Farki: 9:42am On Jun 09, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:
Poverty is the reason topics like this come up. Poverty is why a woman chooses to live with a man.

It's the poor people who are marrying right from the time they finish secondary school.

People who live in wealthier areas wait years to get married.

2 Likes

Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by Deydontknow(m): 9:42am On Jun 09, 2021
That reminds me of ABSU that year, if you never marry for lodge nah Jambito you be. grin

Gracias

1 Like

Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by Farki: 9:43am On Jun 09, 2021
tunapawizzy:
As long as the society preaches that being married to a man is the ultimate success/achievement in life, women will always do whatever they think will make a man marry them. Everybody wants to be successful and if the society defines marriage as ultimate success what do u expect a lady to do.
Whether cohabiting will make him marry you is a different issue all together, i wont blame anyone for trying that, it has worked for some and if you dont try something how will you know if its gona work for u or not.
BTW what do u mean by 'give men free sex' ? the woman no dey enjoy d sex? abi shes supposed to get paid for sex

Honestly such an outdated mentality.

When they are now married they will either cheat or nag constantly.

We should stop deceiving ourselves please.

2 Likes

Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by PhilipReigns(m): 9:43am On Jun 09, 2021
debbydams:
I came to visit my friend, she is so nice nd her bf use to cal her every seconds, video calls nd all that..I'm not jealous tho because I know men are scum..so yesterday her bf came to take us out because she has bn sick, we came back late nd he decided to sleep over.
I was playing with my phone while she's trying to cook for him can u imagine this guy Is asking me out telling me he will give me everything I want I left the room it was when my friend came in before I could sleep in peace..this a guy that showed my friend love nd my friend can vouch her kidney for this guy oo..I now believe that men are scum..the worst part is the guy promised her marriage,,he has even introduced her..men men chai
Lol , asking u out doesnt means he loves her less. you need understanding when it comes to issues regarding men's romantic life. To men, variety is the spice of life, i can swear on anything that he finds u sexually appealing and wanted to sleep with u while still retaining the other girl(ur friend) as he true love and probable life partner. that's guys for u. Men dont attach emotions to sex, hence they can love a decent woman and wife her while still sleeping around with other ladies who has successfully label themselves as sexual object by dressing seductively. Unlike women, cheating doesnt change a man's love, affection and commitment to his woman and by extension, his family. Its as simple as that!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by Luak(m): 9:44am On Jun 09, 2021
It's good to discourage cohabitation. My headache is from those girls whose parents/guardians put in a lot to train but turn around to bring home shame. A guy will be doing well if he manages the emotions of his fiancee by encouraging her to be a little patient till after the wedding. This is why I applaud Alex Ekubo's reply to Fancy Acholonu on this issue

2 Likes

Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by RELAN2446(m): 9:45am On Jun 09, 2021
debbydams:
Lol, he just want to make a pass on you nothing more, he love his babe. E no fit dey take you for free naa, you caused it, why follow your friend??

2 Likes

Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by PrinceMajestic: 9:45am On Jun 09, 2021
pocohantas:
What exactly is free sex?

I keep seeing men use that word.

Either they say sex is free or they say she is cheap and can be fcked with ordinary indomie.

Does it mean subconsciously, men love to place high value on the pussy? Like they would rather pay a lot for it?
yes
Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 09, 2021
I feel sorry for ladies who do that cos they them are bound to be left disappointed and hearthbroken at the end.

1 Like

Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by RELAN2446(m): 9:46am On Jun 09, 2021
PhilipReigns:

Lol , asking u out doesnt means he loves her less. you need understanding when it comes to issues regarding men's romantic life. To men, variety is the spice of life, i can swear on anything that he finds u sexually appealing and wanted to sleep with u while still retaining the other girl(ur friend) as he true love and probable life partner. that's guys for u. Men dont attach emotions to sex, hence they can love a decent woman and wife her while still sleeping around with other ladies who has successfully label themselves as sexual object by dressing seductively. Unlike women, cheating doesnt change a man's love, affection and commitment to his woman and by extension, his family. Its as simple as that!
God bless you o

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by Buzorhlee: 9:46am On Jun 09, 2021
Vision101:
@Kalapizim
My girlfriend and I hardly see because of work for both of us so she comes over on Thursdays till Saturdays.

This arrangement works fine for us

@me
What do you usually do when she comes?
slice Onion

2 Likes

Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by jeff1607(m): 9:47am On Jun 09, 2021
If you know your father paid the bride price of your mumlong after you were born then you got no say here, it has been this way long before now.

2 Likes

Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 09, 2021
It should rather be, what goes through the mind of the men that put women in their house, giving them free shelter, free food, and on top of it all, give them free sexual satisfaction? After giving her free food, you still Bleep her and make her cum? Men are just too benevolent

20 Likes

Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by GreenArrow1(m): 9:50am On Jun 09, 2021
ABANGWABOI:
grin grin

Op na Fool..
Those men that Camp them in their homes are feeding them and paying all the girl(s) bills..
Personally, I prefer not cohabiting cos you spend more when you do so and still get same sex you get when you don't..
Op you be Ode..

This is so true.
Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by Mckhala80(m): 9:53am On Jun 09, 2021
Men are not cowards . As ladies want the best (money) men to love them , we men want the best (virtuous) women too for ourselves. What works for ms X might not work for ms Y. Be of good character and respect/cherish any relationship you are into and stop thinking that outside is so rosy. Ghana man said '' No where cool'' . We men want the best too as i stand to be corrected. Gud day.

3 Likes

Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by kellidoo(m): 9:54am On Jun 09, 2021
Many ladies don use kayamata hold guys down
Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by Nobody: 9:54am On Jun 09, 2021
pocohantas:
What exactly is free sex?

I keep seeing men use that word.

Either they say sex is free or they say she is cheap and can be fcked with ordinary indomie.

Does it mean subconsciously, men love to place high value on the pussy? Like they would rather pay a lot for it?

Don't put this on men, we are all in it together. Women place value on their V, and once a woman has sex, she feels she has lost something. That's why the only less-parasitic relationship is a no-sex relationship. That's the only form of relationship a woman won't ask you for arm and leg but Nigerian men love sex too much, so they gaz pay up in cash or bitcoin, sorry gifts.

Nobody has one night stands in Nigeria, or let's say most people don't. Once you hear people meeting each other in the club and having sex the same day, he payed for it 99%.

We are all the same, women want men to pay, men always agree to pay. Everybody shake hands.

1 Like

Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by Kzinne: 9:54am On Jun 09, 2021
ogeodi:
We call it abuja marriage. Living like married but officially single. Some say wen I move in with him he'll see the good in me and later fall in love.
PLS DONT MARRY A WOMAN WITHOUT STUDYING HEE PROPERLY IF NOT YOU ON YOUR OWN O

2 Likes

Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by PeachtreeReside(f): 9:56am On Jun 09, 2021
We see sex as a commodity in Nigeria hence this question.

They are both giving and receiving sex remember?

We need to re- direct our energies on how to live a very comfortable life today and tomorrow.

Profitable partnerships to enter into, skills to acquire, places to explore, alliances to form, collaborations to enter into and how to impact on the lives of others and make Heaven.

Every lady co-habiting with a man out of love or fot whatever reason should be smart about what she wants out of it.

If marriage is what you want and he is not ready, move out.

Don't do unprotected sex that would make him propose out of circumstance and not love.

Love with your heart and brain plus logic.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

6 Things Women Notice The First Time They Meet A Man. / 10 Disgusting Things Guys Do Because Of Sex / #10YearsChallenge: Curvy Lady's 10 Years Throwback Vs Recent Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.