Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Here’s How I Built A Twitter Following From 1k To 40k In 50 Days Without Money - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Here’s How I Built A Twitter Following From 1k To 40k In 50 Days Without Money (178 Views)

UPDATED!!! Get 1k To 1m Youtube Views Starting From $7 24hours delivery / Cubana Chief Priest Built A Club In Asaba & It's Big Like A Stadium (Video) / Oyeyimika Adeboye, Cadbury Nigeria First Female Managing Director In 50 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Here’s How I Built A Twitter Following From 1k To 40k In 50 Days Without Money by IsuaWP: 9:33am On Jun 09, 2021
How do you imagine building a community that loves what you love, AKA, eating from your table or learning from your feet?

Should no-one have told you this, most marketers who make 6 to 7 figures online leverage mostly on the communities they’ve built for themselves which skyrocket their sales.

As an instructor, you need the best hacks to build a paying audience for your online business, and today, we will see how you can do that, just like Alex built his Twitter following from 1k to 40k in 50 days without spending any money on Ads or whatsoever.

Let me guess, one of your questions now might be, do I need to build a following online (on Twitter or another web 2 social sites) to make money as a course owner or marketer? Well, the truth is in the few. Here is what I mean.

Instead of jumping from one social media platform to the other, why not settle on one and build your authority which will benefit you upfront?

Just so you know how massive Twitter is, according to Statista, although Twitter's users seemed to peak around 2019, 2020 proved otherwise. In 2020, the site's user base was estimated to grow 8.4 percent from the previous year. By comparison, the previous forecast as of 2017 had shown a growth rate of 2.8 percent for 2020.10 Feb 2021.

In terms of profits, Twitter generated $3.7 billion in revenue in 2020, an 8.8 percent increase year on year. That is, 86 percent of Twitter’s revenue came from advertising in 2020 – businessofapps.

Without further ado, let’s now see how to get followers on Twitter fast without spending money on ads or as a beginner.

How to Build Twitter Following in 9 Steps

1. Build a rented audience
With social media, you’re at the mercy of the algorithm. But, at the same time, these algorithms connect you to people all over the world. That’s the power of social media -- it gives your content wings and helps it travel.

But, why is it a rented audience? Because at any moment, the algorithm can change and you reach 10% of your audience.
On the other end, its distribution abilities make it essential to building an audience. This makes it a perfect tool to help build an owned audience.

2. Pick 1 channel
Find where your target audience lives. As in, which platform they consume content on.
And which content creation efforts fit your strengths (ex. Writing, short-form vid)
Select the platform and go all in.

When you master communicating on one platform, scale.
This aspect is very important because this is what helped my business grow in 2020. I was able to unsubscribe from numerous email lists and focus on building my business with a few channels.

So, take your time and decide which platform you want to master and stick to it till success.

3. Form an identity
The very most important thing is forming an identity they can easily identify and buy from. Have you ever heard the phrase that people want to buy from those they love?
In the psychological tricks that will make people buy anything, "We tend to think our message is what moves people," says Robert Cialdini, the author of Pre-Suasion: A Revolutionary Way to Influence and Persuade. "But it's what we do first to create a particular state of mind in our audience that makes them receptive."

Going on, you need to find a common ground. "It's not just that people want to deal with someone they like. It's that they want to deal with someone who likes them, and who is like them," says Cialdini.

Coming back to Twitter, if someone didn’t know your name, how would they describe you?
Ex. @mrsharma -> The DTC Guy
Ex. @Codie_Sanchez -> The Contrarian Thinker

Once you’ve determined the identity, create an expectation for your audience.
Constantly meet it, and you’ll be on your way to creating your digital identity.

Cont...

1 Share

Re: Here’s How I Built A Twitter Following From 1k To 40k In 50 Days Without Money by IsuaWP: 10:01am On Jun 09, 2021
4. Be like the Beatles

Seth Godin says, “The Beatles did not invent teenagers. They merely decided to lead them.”
You’re no different.

*Find an audience that already exists.

*Decide to lead them.

*You do this by becoming a reliable source of value.

Is it not funny that when I shared a short video guide on PayPal Nigeria, someone asked me what PayPal was...?

Well, that is the same thing with your niche, there are thousands of people who do not know what Affiliate marketing or digital marketing means. How about becoming an authority and showing them the path? This is exactly what Harry of Marketing Example does.

The good thing is that, if you do, you can create your online course and start selling.

5. Create more than you consume

Just like @naval said, "To be a good creator, you have to be creative. To be creative, you have to be constantly creating.
Create content – creating content is the secret code for online marketing, unfortunately, there is no shortcut to it. Just as there is no shortcut to success.

Get feedback from the world – we hate feedback if we are not confident of our work, but to those solid about what they do, they are not afraid of feedback because they treat it as a yardstick for growth.

Scale what works – for everything that works for you, go ahead and scale it from here.
Innovation comes from pushing through failure.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Get A Mobile App For Your Website In 48 Hours / The Term Millionaire Now Obsolete In Nigeria? / Global Survey App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.