Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,838 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

Lagos Comes Second As The World Least Liveable Cities Are Ranked For 2021 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Comes Second As The World Least Liveable Cities Are Ranked For 2021 (1122 Views)

Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second / Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World / 'We Will Make Nigeria Liveable Again' - Buhari Assures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Comes Second As The World Least Liveable Cities Are Ranked For 2021 by selemempe: 9:37am On Jun 09, 2021

The world's most livable cities 2021
1. Auckland, New Zealand
2. Osaka, Japan
3. Adelaide, Australia
4. Wellington, New Zealand
4. Tokyo, Japan
6. Perth, Australia
7. Zurich, Switzerland
8. Geneva, Switzerland
8. Melbourne, Australia
10. Brisbane, Australia

The world's least livable cities 2021
1. Damascus, Syria
2. Lagos, Nigeria
3. Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
4. Dhaka, Bangladesh
5. Algiers, Algeria
6. Tripoli, Libya
7. Karachi, Pakistan
8. Harare, Zimbabwe
9. Douala, Cameroon
10. Caracas, Venezuela

But while there have been many significant differences towards the top, very little has changed at the bottom of the list.
While Damascus sits in last place once again "as the effects of the civil war in Syria continue to take their toll," it's closely followed by Nigeria's Lagos, Papua New Guinea's Port Moresby and Bangladesh's Dhaka, which were all in either similar or identical spots in 2019.
These cities have consistently performed badly over the years due to the instability caused by ongoing civil unrest and military conflicts, amongst other issues.
According to the report, conditions here have deteriorated even further in the past 12 months, especially when it comes to healthcare, due to Covid-19.

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/worlds-most-livable-cities-2021/index.html
Re: Lagos Comes Second As The World Least Liveable Cities Are Ranked For 2021 by selemempe: 9:40am On Jun 09, 2021
Some people are worried that Biafra would not be a good country, they are not worried that their most important city constantly tops the list of shithole cities every year.

Say what you want to say about Biafra but know this, Enugu the capital of Biafra would never be on this list.

Douala Cameroon is not as beautiful as Enugu, so Enugu is still a city but will never be one of the cities on this list, just like Accra or Cotonou never makes it to the list

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Comes Second As The World Least Liveable Cities Are Ranked For 2021 by Imsoblessed: 9:41am On Jun 09, 2021
I really can't argue about the stress, Lagos can really be stressful place to live, but that it comes second at the least place to live I seriously don't agree. Even in Nigeria Ph is not a better place to live than Lagos, owing to the level of street violence and air pollution.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Comes Second As The World Least Liveable Cities Are Ranked For 2021 by donbachi(m): 9:42am On Jun 09, 2021
TRUE
Re: Lagos Comes Second As The World Least Liveable Cities Are Ranked For 2021 by WhatCanIsay(m): 9:47am On Jun 09, 2021
Omo that's too harsh... I don't believe that Lagos has gone down to that extent. Despite the fact I visit the city, it's not a place I would ever love to call home. The vibrancy is topnotch but the discomfort is unbearable.

Blocking one segment of the road in Lagos is enough to cause the whole major point of movement in Lagos to be at standstill. It's unbearable for a modern city. Ease of movement matters a great deal.
Re: Lagos Comes Second As The World Least Liveable Cities Are Ranked For 2021 by Millimann: 10:06am On Jun 09, 2021
Too bad.
Re: Lagos Comes Second As The World Least Liveable Cities Are Ranked For 2021 by hcg671: 10:11am On Jun 09, 2021
Eko oni baje
Re: Lagos Comes Second As The World Least Liveable Cities Are Ranked For 2021 by flamingREED(m): 10:15am On Jun 09, 2021
Hmmmmmmm...!
Re: Lagos Comes Second As The World Least Liveable Cities Are Ranked For 2021 by RevolverOcelot(m): 10:42am On Jun 09, 2021
So Lagos worse pass Libya? I'm baffled but come to think of it between traffic jam, police harassment, area boys, light situation, bandits, water situation, garbage situation and overcrowding...Lagos state govt deserves this wake up call.
Re: Lagos Comes Second As The World Least Liveable Cities Are Ranked For 2021 by BigSarah(f): 10:55am On Jun 09, 2021
The only thing I will agree to is Lagos is the worst place to drive in the world..
Re: Lagos Comes Second As The World Least Liveable Cities Are Ranked For 2021 by Kinematics: 11:10am On Jun 09, 2021
Imsoblessed:
[s]I really can't argue about the stress, Lagos can really be stressful place to live, but that it comes second at the least place to live I seriously don't agree. Even in Nigeria Ph is not a better place to live than Lagos, owing to the level of street violence and air pollution.[/s]

Remain in your dungeon in lagos and keep ph out of your mouth. You think the world is as myopic like Nigerians? As long as Nigeria is concern, besides the NE, Lagos is the most unliveable place in Nigeria.

1 Share

Re: Lagos Comes Second As The World Least Liveable Cities Are Ranked For 2021 by Kinematics: 11:13am On Jun 09, 2021
selemempe:
Some people are worried that Biafra would not be a good country, they are not worried that their most important city constantly tops the list of shithole cities every year.

Say what you want to say about Biafra but know this, Enugu the capital of Biafra would never be on this list.

Douala Cameroon is not as beautiful as Enugu, so Enugu is still a city but will never be one of the cities on this list, just like Accra or Cotonou never makes it to the list

1 Like

Re: Lagos Comes Second As The World Least Liveable Cities Are Ranked For 2021 by BKayy: 11:19am On Jun 09, 2021
When we ignore arguments about Lagos and Enugu, Onitsha or Aba, we know what we are doing.
Only monkeys and savages live in Lagos. The type that brag about how many hours they spent in traffic or how hot their hood is based on how many slaps they received from one hungry agbero

1 Like

Re: Lagos Comes Second As The World Least Liveable Cities Are Ranked For 2021 by Asgard73: 12:45pm On Jun 09, 2021
When all Yoruba people has abandoned their states and hamlets

What else do you expect?

Knowing Yoruba and their way of life .. do you expect anything much ?

They will soon land with their NBS statistics and sophistication grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Comes Second As The World Least Liveable Cities Are Ranked For 2021 by Asgard73: 12:48pm On Jun 09, 2021
BKayy:
When we ignore arguments about Lagos and Enugu, Onitsha or Aba, we know what we are doing.
Only monkeys and savages live in Lagos. The type that brag about how many hours they spent in traffic or how hot their hood is based on how many slaps they received from one hungry agbero

Lagos Na dirty city... smells.

Walahi Nigerians Wey dey Lagos the try..

Lagos is the singular reason trump called Nigeria a shit hole..

Yoruba hype for Lagos .. caught trumps eyes and he was madly disappointed.. hence his stand.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Comes Second As The World Least Liveable Cities Are Ranked For 2021 by Resurrection212: 12:57pm On Jun 09, 2021
[s]
selemempe:

[/s] This is your personal opinion lagos can't be a worst city to leave where is Somalia and south Sudan I can't even see south Africa in your stupid lists FYI im igbo but I love lagos and Yoruba people because they are accommodating. Stop hating people that God has blessed.
Re: Lagos Comes Second As The World Least Liveable Cities Are Ranked For 2021 by selemempe: 3:54pm On Jun 09, 2021
Resurrection212:
[s][/s] This is your personal opinion lagos can't be a worst city to leave where is Somalia and south Sudan I can't even see south Africa in your stupid lists FYI im igbo but I love lagos and Yoruba people because they are accommodating. Stop hating people that God has blessed.
I'm yoruba and I'm telling you that Lagos is a shithole

See Somalia below

Re: Lagos Comes Second As The World Least Liveable Cities Are Ranked For 2021 by lmm4real: 4:09pm On Jun 09, 2021
Men see the other terrible location Lagos had to beat to come second. I am wowed. undecided
Re: Lagos Comes Second As The World Least Liveable Cities Are Ranked For 2021 by IduNaOba: 11:56pm On Jun 09, 2021
selemempe:
I'm yoruba and I'm telling you that Lagos is a shithole

See Somalia below
Fatal grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Comes Second As The World Least Liveable Cities Are Ranked For 2021 by TMKsouth: 6:51pm On Jun 10, 2021
West African Bantu, this story was already on the frontpage by the time u posted it.
Re: Lagos Comes Second As The World Least Liveable Cities Are Ranked For 2021 by ibedun: 7:07pm On Jun 10, 2021
So Nigerians are buying this RUBBISH from the Fuckkkk up white racists? So you just accepted anything concocted by people who are clouded by racism on anything they do, especially ranking black man the lowest.

So Damascus is the worst place? Because they are against Syria abi? Oyinbo are mentally sick!!!
Re: Lagos Comes Second As The World Least Liveable Cities Are Ranked For 2021 by updatechange(m): 7:17pm On Jun 10, 2021
Yet the most populous city in africa

Wonderful cheesy

(1) (Reply)

[BREAKING] Igboho: Ilana Oodua Releases Manual For Yoruba Nation Agitation / The Participation Of Northern Youths In The Ongoing #olympics Is Extremely Poor. / A Nigerian Presidency Of Igbo Extraction Would Be A Political Turnaround!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.