Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos (44719 Views)

Spectranet 4g Lte And Swift 4g Lte Browsing Free On Pc With Zero Naira (fastest) / Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? / Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by jason2010(m): 7:09pm On May 05, 2011
Beambel:

@jason2010,try free download manager(FDM).It should resume download from where it stopped,after connection is re-estabished
you just solve my wahala. Bless your soul my niccuh, you are appreciated.
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by nzesylva: 11:55pm On May 05, 2011
Guys i am on Mobitel and the experience is fantastic. i streamed the ManU vs Schalke match live on my Ipad using the Mobitel4G Aura (a Mobile hotspot) that i slips in conveniently into my pocket and i think the prize is cool as well. The least speed is 1Mbps but i am a 3Mbps plan on my Aura. The fact that they have the 2.3Ghz frequency license which is ideal for wimax is big advantage to their network. This is the fastest i know of in lagos given that i have used all the others being mentioned here.
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by nzesylva: 11:58pm On May 05, 2011
whats more guys, the mobitel service plans all offer unlimited data cap. My girlfriend is close to ruining my HD, downloading all the series movies she know.
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by rashmo: 2:46am On May 06, 2011
I just got the GLo 3G Plus and its really crap working in my area in maryland but occassionally works well on the island.
I still stick with my COBRANET o jare. Its 99.9% working 247
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by Lasgidi001(m): 7:22am On May 06, 2011
Tried, tested and trusted,-glo 3g
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by shanda(m): 7:46am On May 06, 2011
I've used most of this networks. MTN is crap, even if your 3G modem is showing blue light, you might find it frustrating opening google.com. Glo is pretty cool if their service is stable and your area is covered. What I find frustrating about them is the the quality of service keeps dropping, from 3G to GPRS intermittently; whenever this happen I'll have to remove the modem and re-insert it again, which I find frustrating. Currently I'm on swift, I've been using it for two weeks. So far, it has been ok. If your area is covered you can try it out. I'm sure you won't regret it.
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by abiamahart: 8:42am On May 06, 2011
I use Glo 6GB 24/7 package at home in satellite town Lagos but very unsteady and only get value when its on WCDMA or HSDPA the edge and GPRS is rubbish but while offshore i get good speeds on HSDPA between 1.02MBPS to 2.1MBPS enabling quick downloads, streaming and stable browsing.

At the office in Festac my GLO is useless with the best been Edge 0.42kbps and GPRS8-11.2kbps translating to no network and frustrating service but the office uses starcomms which is stable CDMA but very slow for downloads. You dare download anything above 15Mb. We have problems attaching scanned documents and field pictures or data even after much file compression.

Right now on Glo its swinging between HSDPA and WCDMA at 16kbps download speed and 365kbps upload speed. The thread reveals other networks don't fair any better so one is stuck with the least fck
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by omoola007(m): 10:06am On May 06, 2011
After my post yesterday, Mobitel come show me yansh.

i could not connect the aura at home (dolphin) and it could not reconnect until i was in front of their office on Simpson street. then i got the green light which stays on once its connected.

i still say its very fast when its on but reliability is soso.

Mr nzesylva, which area are you? do you always get the green light?

Thanks
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by GNBohr: 12:29pm On May 06, 2011
Swift Network is crap. If it works for you at all, pray you never any cause to interact with their customer service or need their technical assistance to resolve a problem.

All these networks are just expoiting the failure of regulatory frameworks in Nigeria to fleece us of our hard earned money. None is to be trusted completely. Their effectiveness, reliability, efficiency, capability, stability and costs are never sustainable. Their technological platform is false, they market 1.5G or 2.5G as 3G or 4G respectively. They never maintain their base stations. They start off well and relapse into service mediocrity. My advice is use the one that works best in your areas as long as it works and move on to another one once the mediocrity sets in. Bother less about getting them to rectify anything as that would send you into frustration hell.

Even from various posts I do not need to add my own experience, one this is clear none of the service providers are reliable. What do we really expect, afterall, we have come to accept and live with service mediocrity as a sign of status symbol by showing off with four phones per person. Subscribing to more than one telco like a corporate organisation is a clear indication of our "muguness" in moving about with four mobile phones at the same time.

For all of us internet users, just get as many modems as possible, so that if one networks fumbles like they would, just switch to the next modem. Afterall if your Glo line is not going, you pick your MTN or Starcomms or what ever to make that "impossible" call.

My Dears, just apply the same approach, so that the providers will continue to smile to their respective banks while you drain your own accounts.

THE SHAME OF A NATION AND ITS COMPLACENT PEOPLE WHERE MEDICORITY IS KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by GNBohr: 12:51pm On May 06, 2011
I dare say that every service that we subscribe to in Nigeria are all like this. HITV and DSTV comes to mind. When their signal is lost due to no fault of the subscribers, the bill contnues to run, if you have problem with your decoder and while they are trying to fix ir or replace it, your account will not be suspended even after having made official request to that effect.

Need I say more, the bitter truth is they profit more from this chaos and would deliberately prefer these situations to remain as long as we consumers sheepishly continue to donate our life savings to them in the name of subscribing. The regulators have joined forces with thhe operators because there is no distinction between the two. The man in charge of regulation is either s shareholder or a sponsoree of the operators.

NIGERIA WE HAIL THEE, OUR OWN DEAR NATIVE LAND IN BROTHERHOOD MEDIOCRITY WE STAND.
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by GNBohr: 12:52pm On May 06, 2011
I dare say that every service that we subscribe to in Nigeria are all like this. HITV and DSTV comes to mind. When their signal is lost due to no fault of the subscribers, the bill contnues to run, if you have problem with your decoder and while they are trying to fix ir or replace it, your account will not be suspended even after having made official request to that effect.

Need I say more, the bitter truth is they profit more from this chaos and would deliberately prefer these situations to remain as long as we consumers sheepishly continue to donate our life savings to them in the name of subscribing. The regulators have joined forces with thhe operators because there is no distinction between the two. The man in charge of regulation is either s shareholder or a sponsoree of the operators.

NIGERIA WE HAIL THEE, OUR OWN DEAR NATIVE LAND IN BROTHERHOOD MEDIOCRITY WE STAND.
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by GNBohr: 12:55pm On May 06, 2011

Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by cbaba: 4:37pm On May 06, 2011
well,i would say promises are just too much and i dont buy modems to use in Nigeria but the best cybercafe has to be one DANNACAFE in Karounwi (near the Oba Palace) Area of Surulere, Very Fast & Young IT boys, I just dont know how they do it, but they first type in some sort of code onto their server to boost the spped, I go there all the way from Unilag and Sabo just to enjoy my life,

mtn slowlink @ dt lolzzzzzzzz
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by JUO(m): 5:05pm On May 06, 2011
i will never use anything isp that has download limit. download limit na gambling
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by JUO(m): 5:06pm On May 06, 2011
i will never use any isp that has download limit. download limit na gambling
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by UncleJJ(m): 7:25pm On May 06, 2011
MTN is total junk - cat poo -- if you r here mtn - your tihs cool

From Law school to epe mtn no dey work ooooh na airtel siddon gidiba,

Networks depend on your area.

We were expecting airtel and etisalat to save us, but these old cargo , make them lazy.

Competition is poor, in the internet service provider sector, cry
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by erico2k2(m): 7:38pm On May 06, 2011
sleekman:

Ha I tire for people O! Swift 4G d best Ke? On what parameters?
Considering no technical hitches Glo has no rival. I have downloaded 1Gig in less than 5mins & even in the afternoon my connection hits speeds of about 1.5-2MB/s. Yeah I know people will ask have you used the others & my response is yes. I currently browse with Airtel & MTN @ night 3GB/N2500 options and use Glo 150MB/N1000 option during the daytime. As we say in Benin 'cunny man die, cunny man bury am'. When using glo as well as most capped bandwidth .

Guy are you sure you know what 1 GIG is? a full muvie of110mins has a volume of 800MB which is not up to 1GIG, so you are telling us you downloaded a full movie in less than 5 mins? here in teh UK, no mobile network can download faster than real time when it comes to sound and video,I gto a wired network,Sky Broadband with unlimited downloads its a 10Mb bandwith, I cant even download movies in real time.
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by mrcall5: 10:56pm On May 06, 2011
Hi my people. Mtn free-call to any Network is out oh. Rush and get info on how to get ur own. Ths is a bomb. U can make calls for 24hrs in a day with 0.00naira on ur phone. This is not a Magic number shit.
Just send me ur number jare on my box if u wish to,
Mtnfreecall@yahoo.coom. Am the best
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by davidand: 11:39am On May 07, 2011
Pleas can some one explain these is plan of swift to well.

Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by Fr3Gaza(m): 12:00pm On May 07, 2011
erico2k2:

Guy are you sure you know what 1 GIG is? a full muvie of110mins has a volume of 800MB which is not up to 1GIG, so you are telling us you downloaded a full movie in less than 5 mins? here in teh UK, no mobile network can download faster than real time when it comes to sound and video,I gto a wired network,Sky Broadband with unlimited downloads its a 10Mb bandwith, I cant even download movies in real time.

Erico, its very possible.

Using a download manager like IDM on a 1mbps connection can get you a 1G file in less than five minutes.
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by JUO(m): 1:03pm On May 07, 2011
Using a download manager like IDM on a 1mbps connection can get you a 1G file in less than five minutes.
don't open your mouth because u want to talk. most people in this house are learned. if u are on 2mb speed, your download is 256k/byte (with or without IDM u can't burst more than 2.1mb ) per second, meaning u will be downloading 1mb in 4 seconds. approximately in 60 seconds (1min) u will be downloading 30mb or lesser. believe me or not, u will not get more than 120mb in 5mins for 2mb network. the fastest link in the world is in usa and is 16mb download speed. confirmed by juo.
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by JUO(m): 1:11pm On May 07, 2011
assuming i use swift, that means i will use 15k for 5days, 90k for 1 month lol. swift na risky game o
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by Fr3Gaza(m): 2:01pm On May 07, 2011
I can see how learned you are my friend. I do not download 1mb in 4 seconds, go continue using your 56k modem. I use the Glo 3G modem and download huge files in minutes, using IDM. I don't think you understand how a software like IDM works to provide such speeds. Without IDM, I downloaded the demo of Max Payne for my little cousin last night, roughly 180mb in less than 3 minutes.
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by davidand: 2:19pm On May 07, 2011
Hello Fr3Gaza did you know any about the one i post some min ago.
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by JUO(m): 2:41pm On May 07, 2011
@Fr3Gaza (m) if u get sense u go know say 56k modem didn't have such snap shot i posted. go and learn calculation of data. u may be thinking since u are on 2mb 3g modem your download speed is 2mb. i laugh at u in french gueggguueg ugguggeu
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by davidand: 6:25pm On May 07, 2011
please can any body explain these swift plan

Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by erico2k2(m): 8:46pm On May 07, 2011
@Fr3Gaza,you are contradicting yourself JUO is right, if you download 180mb in less than three mins you still got almost 820mb to go to make it 1GIG me think. just check this out, can you download a whole movie in less than 30mins? if yes the you are right,if no then we are right
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by Fr3Gaza(m): 10:44pm On May 07, 2011
Alright, I argue no more. All I know is I download 700-900mb files in very short periods. Never really timed it.

As for you JUO, you seem to have an itchy mouth, or no, is it itchy fingers? First it was "don't open your mouth because u want to talk", followed by "if you get sense".

I suggest you grow up and learn to speak civilly to people you barely know. That someone is a member of NL and post a comment you do not agree with doesn't give you the express rights to abuse him or her. I'm sure you don't speak to members of your household that way.

@David, what is it you're not certain about the data plan?
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by ise82(m): 8:12pm On May 08, 2011
only God knows
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by pendusky(m): 7:28am On May 09, 2011
Before the emergence of swift 4g, swift was still the among d best not only coz i did my Training there but those i recommend dier modem 2 are enjoyin it. I normaly usd it to download heavy files in seconds wit amazing upload n download speed Using www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk to check d status. Upto 3-5mb downloadspeed.
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by JUO(m): 9:18am On May 09, 2011
As for you JUO, you seem to have an itchy mouth, or no, is it itchy fingers? First it was "don't open your mouth because u want to talk", followed by "if you get sense".

@Fr3Gaza sorry for that. just want to tell u there are learned people in the house. however was that why u reported me to the moderator?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Site To Download Free Yoruba Music / Pls How Do I Check My Internet Balance On Glo? / How To Detect An Hidden Camera In A Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.