Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,773 members, 7,802,373 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos (44695 Views)

Spectranet 4g Lte And Swift 4g Lte Browsing Free On Pc With Zero Naira (fastest) / Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? / Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by sleekman(m): 8:26am On May 12, 2011
I purposely didn't want to answer some guys that in my opinion K2M syndrome. I'm IT learned myself & when I say I downloaded a 1GIG file in approx 5mins perhaps u should ask me for proof bf blabbing its not possible. U think say Nigeria still dey where u leave am besides who told u its only in d US u have the fastest download speeds? Where do you put Sweden & Japan? My guy go look 4 illiterate & a less travelled person deceive. When next ure in Nigeria u can probably try out Glo in a less congested area and come deliver ur findings. Mr I2K. By the way ask for sonnet in Sweden or better still Google.
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by opad(m): 10:52am On May 12, 2011
@JUO, what network do you use, @all i need a reliable network for a MINI CAFE of about 10PCs to be situated around Yaba, what network is suitable this? Thanks
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by fishomo(m): 10:45am On May 13, 2011
swift unlimited plan is great 30k per month you can go for 10gb plan 15k for your mini-cafe
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by uzoma123(m): 11:10am On May 13, 2011
Shut up all. Swift is reaping people off. If you have the old modem and decide to exchange for the new 4g u get longer time plan for one month. If you are a new subscriber to their new 4g ur data whether 10gb or 7gb for one month finishes in one week and u are required to pay another 15k. Thing is that for u to use the 4g for one month u should be ready to pay 30k period. That is there game plan. They are reaping us off. U can not see how u use their data. Whether u download or not. It is the same rate per day.
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by fishomo(m): 11:20am On May 13, 2011
does anyone use mobitel 4g ?
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by bigfat01: 12:49pm On May 17, 2011
how many starcooms users are in the house ,
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by bigfat01: 4:07pm On Jun 27, 2011
if swift is reaping us off why dont you go for [size=15pt]IPNX[/size] their unlimted data plan is just 60k and 90k respectively na wah for you oh, [size=15pt]@uzoma123 [/size]
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by bigfat01: 4:09pm On Jun 27, 2011
[size=20pt]swift 4g is just 30k NOT BAD AT ALL[/size]
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by mama08: 12:41pm On Jul 28, 2011
Dear house,still seeking for advice and clarification,please between swift and mobitel which do you suggest i go for and may i know your reasons
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by hibrkthru(m): 1:19pm On Jul 30, 2011
@math6plus
Please send the name and address of the cafe run in conjunction with swift network at Onike to me at hibrkthru@gmail.com. Thanks in anticipation of your kindness.
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by seunlayi(m): 3:44pm On Jul 30, 2011
when are they coming to ibadan?
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by canddy: 11:26am On Jul 31, 2011
Hi All, I am excited to join this forum grin I love Swift 4G Broadband Service and you can feel free to ask me questions you have about Swift Networks. You can be assured that Swift Networks is the flagship in 4G Broadband Internet technology in Nigeria.
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by canddy: 11:31am On Jul 31, 2011
@seunlayi , Swift is currently in Lagos state and plans to cover all over Nigeria. I will personally notify you when Ibadan is covered
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by canddy: 11:40am On Jul 31, 2011
@Johnpaul2k2 , I can see that u are a great fan of Swift Networks and dat's really cool. Why don't u spread the word to your friends and family members and stay on the Network free of charge when they subsequently sign up. For more information , simply reply or please call 018548238 . Op u can also be reached anytime on the phone numbers given. Cheers

FREEDOM IS BACK, BETTER AND FAST!!!!, ONLY ON WINDOW 7
YOU CAN DOWNLOAD 500MB TO 1GB WORTH OF SOFTWARE,VIDEO,MUSICS PER DAY grin grin grin grin grin grin grin,
UPDATE your SYSTEM ITEMS, ANTI VIRUS DAILY WITH NO STRESS!!!
HAVE ACCESS TO DIFFERENT FOREIGN IP GERMANY,US,UK,INDIA,HONG KONG,CANADA TO BREAK RESTRICTIONS FROM your FAVORITE SITE,
LOG ON TO ANY SECURE LIKE G MAIL,FACEBOOK,YAHOO,YAHOO MESSENGER08091790616
ADD ME ON FACEBOOK WITH gej mgbenka ifeanyi
TRADE FOREX 24 HOURS A DAY

ALSO ON 2GO WITH coregej
enjoy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
[quote][/quote]
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by canddy: 11:58am On Jul 31, 2011
@Mama08, go for Swift 4G Broadband Service and you won't regret it. You can't even compare the speed and the availability of the service whenever you want to use it. On Swift Networks , you will also enjoy better coverage in Lagos state , network upgrade or optimization and also flexible service plans. The portable USB modem goes for N6,500 and the multiple user communication hub(also enabled for cost effective Voice and Fax service ) goes for N9,500. With the Multiple user communication hub , you can create a WiFi /Hotspot environment and even save cost. 30days Money Back guarantee is offered along side with 24 hrs customer service by experts.
Delivery of modem is free within 24hrs .
Kindly drop your phone numbers/email address so you can be reached as soon as possible or call 01-8548238 for more information. Cheers

mama08:

Dear house,still seeking for advice and clarification,please between swift and mobitel which do you suggest i go for and may i know your reasons
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by NIITBlaze: 9:33am On Aug 04, 2011
@JUO & the other dude, what that dude is saying might not be entirely true but you got some things mixed up yourself. He never said he uses a modem wif 2MB speed. For example, I use a universal (HSPDA) modem with cap. of 7.2mbps and on MTN (slowlink as someone put it) which I consider to be unreliable anyways, I get up to 4Mbps (not download manager e.g IDM speed) and above download speed on the 'modem' and about '500Kbps' on IDM on a wonderful day, though am yet to see any network that would give me 1Mbps in Nigeria and I have tested almost all. Now, if that dude says he gets 1mbps, though I doubt it, am not ruling it out, He would be getting large files done in no time. However, with a download speed of 1mbps on IDM, it's impossible to download a 1GB file in 5 mins. you don't need to be able to calculate bits/byte to calculate this, it's simple maths, If you have a download speed of 1mbps on your download manager, that will equal 60mb in 60secs (1min). which will be 60mb multiplied by 5 (300secs), which will equal 300mb, {1mb per sec x 60sec=60mb, 60mb(1min) x 5(mins) =300mb}, So, you'd need like 4mbps plus to be able to download 1GB in 5 mins, which is a fairy tale right now in NIgeria, 4mbps? lai lai

1 Like

Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by NIITBlaze: 9:40am On Aug 04, 2011
And to the other 'IT savy' people that posted earlier, i am yet to see an update, windows update that will eat up 10GB in days in my entire life, lol, except that guy has a torrent downloader (Utorrent, Bittorrent, Limewire, Frostwire, Emule etc) on and doesn't realise it, cos many of these softwares run with startup and continue downloading their files once you establish connection, He should ask people in his house if any of them is downloading a torrent file. However it's good advice to turn off your automatic updates to monitor your bandwidth use.
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by gogetter09(m): 4:23pm On Aug 09, 2011
PLEASE CAN ANY BODY HELP ME WITH A ROUTER THAT CAN BE TRANSMITTED WITH IN 00METERS RADIUS

COS I NEED A ROUTER THAT CAN BEFORE THAT TASK, BECAUSE I AND SOME OF MY FRIENDS THAT STAYS IN A ROUND CIRCLE OF ABOUT 00METERS. WANT TO SHARE 1 ISP LINK WITH A WIDE RANGE ROUTER TO REDUCE COST AND MONEY.

BUT IF YOU HAVE A BETTER IDEA PLEASE SHARE WITH ME
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by toozealous(m): 10:34am On Aug 10, 2011
THIS SHOULD BE AS QUITE AS POSSIBLE I NO WON ENTER TROUBLE O, BUT THIS IS NOT ILLEGAL because I HAVE THE TECHNICAL KNOW HOW OF HOW THIS INTERNET BROwSING OF A THING WORKS, FIRST OF ALL I'M NOT USING THEIR SERVERS TO BROWSE RATHER I HAVE HOSTed MY OWN SERVERS IN THE U.S, GERMANY, AND NEITHERLANDS FOR THIS PROJECT TO WORK,

SO IF U CAN NOT BEAR THE HIGH COST OF INTERNET SERVICES IN NAIJA, THEN THIS IS 4 U, BROWSE FREE WITH SWIFTNG AND MOBITEL 4G networks STREAMING IS LIKE MAAAAAAAD, ALSO I CAN DO your MULTI-LINKS 4 U TOOO.

CONTACT ME, mikedickksson@yahoo.com
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by nateevs(m): 9:11pm On Aug 11, 2011
sleekman:

I purposely didn't want to answer some guys that in my opinion K2M syndrome. I'm IT learned myself & when I say I downloaded a 1GIG file in approx 5mins perhaps u should ask me for proof bf blabbing its not possible. U think say Nigeria still dey where u leave am besides who told u its only in d US u have the fastest download speeds? Where do you put Sweden & Japan? My guy go look 4 illiterate & a less travelled person deceive. When next ure in Nigeria u can probably try out Glo in a less congested area and come deliver your findings. Mr I2K. By the way ask for sonnet in Sweden or better still Google.

Though three months late, dude you cannot download 1G in 5mins. Absolutely impossible with those naija bandwidths.
IT learned my foot. You cannot transfer data at a faster rate than your configured speed and that completely blows your theorem out the window.
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by canddy: 10:07pm On Aug 11, 2011
Hi Guys , have u heard that Swift Networks has newly introduced a service plan with the below details

300MB download capacity valid for a week for only 1,500 Naira
Free weekend browsing from 11pm Fri -8am Monday
Free Night browsing from 10pm-6am on weekdays
Time slot- 24/7
Burstable speed of 2Mbps

Multiple user communication hub(WiFi enabled) -N9500
Portable USB modem -N6500

For more information on the Swift Liberty Plus plan , please call 018548238
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by mxxpunkxx: 2:48am On Aug 18, 2011
not too bad for swift, i guess

Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by omoboy08(m): 8:16am On Aug 18, 2011
canddy:

Hi Guys , have u heard that Swift Networks has newly introduced a service plan with the below details

300MB download capacity valid for a week for only 1,500 Naira
Free weekend browsing from 11pm Fri -8am Monday
Free Night browsing from 10pm-6am on weekdays
Time slot- 24/7
Burstable speed of 2Mbps

Multiple user communication hub(WiFi enabled) -N9500
Portable USB modem -N6500

For more information on the Swift Liberty Plus plan , please call 018548238
pls i also heard dt dey ve a plan for N500 for 150mb for a wk? How tru is dat? Pls let us know.
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by canddy: 9:32am On Aug 20, 2011
My fellow Nairalanders , you can also reach me via email. My addy is canddy@swiftng.com
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by coderXO(m): 6:47pm On Oct 30, 2011
What to do.,

I am totally sick of these ISP troubles and it seems they are all now conspiring to
put me out of business.

For the past 2-3 years I've used MTN 3G but for the past 3-4 weeks it has been unbearable.

I used Starcomms 1x, Multilinks, Visafone 1x, Visafone EVDO, Zain before MTN, and
it served me just well until recently.

Now I can't take it any more and was considering Swift, but from what I am reading
they too might not even measure up. If you're talking barely reaching 256kbps on Swift,
that is a joke. I get 400-600kbps easy on MTN but the problem is lately it is very erratic and unstable.

I absolutely need my internet to be fast and reliable as I am a web developer and usually
working on one site or another.

I live in Ikota along the Lekki-Epe axis very close to Eleganzas house just after Chevron.

Anyone in the area that can offer any advice.

HELP!!!!
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by maingate2: 9:57am On Nov 19, 2011
it depend on ur location but one very important thing is that you have to make sure u are not paying a kobo for it. Go for free browsing on pc using mtn or swift 4g or multilinks or etisalat. The choice is yours to make

Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by infomart: 10:04pm On Nov 21, 2011
Can any internet service providing company in Nigeria, be it MTN, AIRTEL, GLO, ETISALAT, STARCOMS, MULTILINKS, SWIFT etc say they are really the BEST, fastest and the most reliable internet service provider.

I leave that question for you to answer, but i bet you, your answer will be like me, a big NOOOOOOOO!

They all have their typical challenges at one time or the other and most times when you need them most they bleep u up big time,

One cannot categorically say that one internet service provider or the other is the best out of the several ones we have in Nigeria because they all have their limitation and the government of our country are not interested in protecting its citizenry.

In considering the internet connection to use, one has to consider quite a number of factors which will be able to guide one on which connection to use.

These factors ranges from the cost of acquiring the modem, cost of paying for the internet service, availability of 3g service close to the individual, the speed of the internet service etc.

Cost of Modem, formally the cost of modems in Nigeria was so expensive but thanks to competition among the sector, at least the cost of 3g modems have now being reduced a little to between N8500 to about N13500, but the challenge is most of the internet service providers restricts their modems to their networks along and so whenever there is a network problem you get stuck. The only way to overcome this challenge is to UNLOCK THE MODEM AND MAKE IT ACCEPT ALL NETWORK. To unlock your modem and make it universal to accept all networks call me on 08034897371, then you will provide me with the imei no and model of your modem, after unlocking i will send you the unlocking code to your mobile phone. what you now need to do is to put another network sim in your modem, connect it to your pc and it will request for the unlock code, which i have already sent to you. after inputting it and clicking on ok the modem will become open for all networks.

Cost of Subscription, this is where a lot of Nigerians has the challenge. it is one problem to get money and acquire the modem but it is a more challenging issue to constantly pay for the subscription so you could always access the internet whenever you want. The subscription cost for most of the internet service providers ranges from N5000 to N15,000 monthly which is not easy for one to constantly pay. In this respect means have being device to assist people to surf the net for either free or to surf the net with N500 for straight six months. You can call me 08034897371 for details on this.

3g service, for you to enjoy internet service you will need a 3g access. We have two types of access, the edge and the 3g. The edge works like a phone but the 3g has a very high speed.

Most of our service providers modem has 3g modems with a browsing speed of 3.6Mbps but you can get a universal modem with a browsing speed of 7.2Mbps from me at a very reduced rate and it has the following features

3.5G/3G HSDPA Universal USB Modem
*7.2Mbps maximum downlink
*Works with MTN, Zain, Glo & Etisalat
*MicroSD Slot (Can be used as flash drive)
*SMS Capable
*Phonebook functionality
*Compatible with Windows XP/Vista/7
*Plug & Play (No CD Driver required)

With this it takes care of the lapses the normal 3g modem by our service providers has.

It is also very important you find out if there is a 3g service where you stay or which of the internet service providers has a 3g service where you stay. This is necessarily because if you have a 3g modem and stays where there is no 3g service, you cant enjoy a 3g speed but an edge speed which is about 236kbps.

Speed of the internet service providers, this is important but most times we cannot determine this easily but the most important thing is if it is a 3g modem it helps to enhance the browsing speed.

Therefore in all, I advice if you have not bought a modem yet that you should go for a universal modem which i can provide for you and if you already have a modem from any of our network service providers it is advisable you unlock it to accept all networks to remove the barrier of limitation. I also unlock modems so you can call for that also.

After acquiring the modem then you can contact me for browsing for free with your 3g modem on etisalat and mtn network.

In all you will enjoy unlimited internet access and do what ever you want to do.

Once again for your universal modem with the specification above and for unlimited surfing of the internet for almost free, call me on 08034897371 or 08023525720.

For those in Lagos you can come to my office for configuring your laptop while those outside lagos we do send down our modem and an installation guide to your email box to guide you through.

thanks and stay cool
Re: Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos by infomart: 8:12am On Nov 22, 2011
Just Imagane, When Swift lunched newly they were blowing the trumpet to be the best, fastest and reliable internet service provider.

But what do we have now months later, a lot of complains ranging from slowness in browsing to unnecessary charges etc.

One problem a lot of them have is substaining their network to what they have when they newly lunch. Once their is a rush on the network they are not able and are not even prepared for it so they begin to have challenges.

So no network can claim or prove to us that they are the best.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Site To Download Free Yoruba Music / Pls How Do I Check My Internet Balance On Glo? / How To Detect An Hidden Camera In A Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.