Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,932 members, 7,799,152 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

Which Business Can I Start With N20,000? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Business Can I Start With N20,000? (27399 Views)

N20,000 Weekly Remittance For Bolt Hire Purchase. Is This OK? / What Business Can I Start With 100k Very Urgent !!! / FG To Pay Jobless Youths N20,000 Monthly To Sweep Markets, Clear Gutters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Business Can I Start With N20,000? by VlamesIffect(f): 5:39pm On Jun 09, 2021
Sure 2 odds once a week. grin

You can't do anything with 20k in this useless country
Re: Which Business Can I Start With N20,000? by professore(m): 5:40pm On Jun 09, 2021
Typicool8:
Good afternoon nairalanders.i am a student fending for myself and i am a cross road on which business I can start with 20k in a student area.please any suggestion is welcome.
I will suggest frying egg and bread (be sure to buy small number of bread when u are still gathering customers because bread can spoil). Keep it up bro, one day you will laugh.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Business Can I Start With N20,000? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 09, 2021
Buying and selling of sport wears

1 Like

Re: Which Business Can I Start With N20,000? by OGWILLS123: 5:44pm On Jun 09, 2021
allanphash7:
20k that is less than $50?

Is this what this country has reduced to?

Walking out of the thread
People like you are mend to be poor !!!
Re: Which Business Can I Start With N20,000? by oluxy(m): 5:44pm On Jun 09, 2021
Typicool8:
Good afternoon nairalanders.i am a student fending for myself and i am a cross road on which business I can start with 20k in a student area.please any suggestion is welcome.

Buy shiba coin from binance now at 0.00000775 with 20k it will give you 5.2m shib.

Wait n pray by December it get to N1 each shib. You now have N5.2m

Thank me later

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Business Can I Start With N20,000? by fatymore(f): 5:44pm On Jun 09, 2021
allanphash7:
Would have asked you to DM me your account number but this your request sound somehow salvage

No now... Buy goods...and dash people around. Buying the goods would go a long way. Check my posts I have been complaining of low sales. Thank you kiss
Re: Which Business Can I Start With N20,000? by nextstep(m): 5:45pm On Jun 09, 2021
NwaNimo1:
Snack biz to your fellow students......

Snack biz for sure... buy 20k worth of snacks that your fellow students eat, especially things that are light. Just put some inside your bag and sell them. Don't go into any kind of food preparation (not even egg and bread) that will require gas, oil and other ingredients. Purely biscuit and kpekere things my guy.

allanphash7:
20k that is less than $50?
Is this what this country has reduced to?
Walking out of the thread

Na small by small. My favorite inspiration is this one dude in Asaba. Every evening, he carries his sweets, biscuits, gum, breath freshener inside his backpack, gets to his spot, and puts them all on a tray, selling to people hanging around the clubs in that area. I don't think his wares on display are up to 20k.

I'm sure he has a big shop somewhere, but he hustles and probably gets an extra 2k most nights. Much better income than spending the evening idling about. Next I see him, I'll ask

2 Likes

Re: Which Business Can I Start With N20,000? by Prechgold1180(m): 5:46pm On Jun 09, 2021
crazygod:

As a student, will it be feasible considering that laundry business is time tasking especially if he doesn't have washing machine.
To the Op, if you can get a good clipper, you can start a mobile barbing business. Just inform your colleagues and whoever needs home/hostel service, you will be there. cool
unah go just open mouth wan

Shebi him nur go learn how to barb
Re: Which Business Can I Start With N20,000? by BinamRex: 5:46pm On Jun 09, 2021
Ucheosefoh:
Amazon Kindle Publishing if you have a laptop.
The 20k can pay for the mentorship program and you can start earning without much investment.

You can start publishing and earning more without investing money as long as you implement everything you learn and can start investing in paid contents, tools and book covers later.

You can check out my thread about Amazon Kindle Publishing.

https://www.nairaland.com/6434778/make-money-dollars-publishing-book

You don't need a mentorship program to publish on Amazon kindle. Ignore this guy.

Nigerians are terrible people. You want to rip the poor dude.

11 Likes

Re: Which Business Can I Start With N20,000? by Skillsnigeria: 5:48pm On Jun 09, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Which Business Can I Start With N20,000? by perdollar(m): 5:49pm On Jun 09, 2021
Do MMM wt d money
Re: Which Business Can I Start With N20,000? by Damlhaade01(m): 5:53pm On Jun 09, 2021
You can early morning breakfast....like buns (puff puff) and coffee....do not let the size of your capital deter you..... everything grows....given time
Re: Which Business Can I Start With N20,000? by sofiscatedmoron: 5:55pm On Jun 09, 2021
taofeek11:
Onion business, go North, buy a bag (11k), and come and sell to South 22k
Transport nko?

2 Likes

Re: Which Business Can I Start With N20,000? by Voiceofthestree: 5:57pm On Jun 09, 2021
taofeek11:
Onion business, go North, buy a bag (11k), and come and sell to South 22k

Transport go finish the profit

1 Like

Re: Which Business Can I Start With N20,000? by Subsea101: 5:57pm On Jun 09, 2021
How will he dry the cloths, especially in this rainy season??

Oluwatunmise912:
You can start a dry cleaning business

Get a fairly used steaming iron
Table

And a banner to advertise.

Start from there

1 Like

Re: Which Business Can I Start With N20,000? by Damlhaade01(m): 5:57pm On Jun 09, 2021
On a subliminal note....Avoid Motivational Speakers...all they do is sell books....dem no get nothing

2 Likes

Re: Which Business Can I Start With N20,000? by jookunlaja(m): 5:59pm On Jun 09, 2021
Hallo business minded student. Thank God you are not tying yourself to anyone's apron for daily survival. And mind you, Entrepreneurship is the gateway to accessing wealth in Nig today especially from the citadel of learning.
My opinion is. First of all, make a good survey of your school environment and observe the kind of businesses that are thriving there. Do take your time to check properly. Study the business environment and tabulate the pros and cons of each business opportunity you see.
I won't subscribe to a laundry business if you don't have a washing machine. I also won't subscribe to recharge card business because the turnover is so so insignificant. Don't also border yourself with lottery or gamble as some guys are telling you.
However, in a typical undergraduate school environment some businesses are of high patronage and demand like:
1. Provisions and fast food-- sharwama is only good in schools in towns, not schools located in the interior corners of some villages. Provisions like milk, sugar, cornflakes, custard, Noddles, groundnut oil, beverages, sachet tomatoes, sachet milk etc. You can also add body and skin care products like creams, toothpaste, bathing and washing soaps etc
2. Typing and photocopying could also be considered if you have cash. A normal laptop with 3 or 4 in one printer can do the magic of photocopy and printing for you. You can employ a secondary school leaver to stay in the shop whenever you go lectures.
3. Ladies and men wears, either new or second hand clothes also good in students' environment. Added with underwears like panties , pillow case , bedsheet, singlets etc.
4. Shoes, canvass, ladies slippers and bathroom slippers with leather slippers can also be considered if you have a good place to buy from.
5. Foodstuffs is good if you don't have thick competitors or market around except you are ready to sell at a very little margin in order to beat competitors down. Okay for now.
Watch out for part 2

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Business Can I Start With N20,000? by Perfectman91: 6:05pm On Jun 09, 2021
Typicool8:

Lolssss

Abi na
Re: Which Business Can I Start With N20,000? by abdulahi90(m): 6:06pm On Jun 09, 2021
Ucheosefoh:
Amazon Kindle Publishing if you have a laptop.
The 20k can pay for the mentorship program and you can start earning without much investment.

You can start publishing and earning more without investing money as long as you implement everything you learn and can start investing in paid contents, tools and book covers later.

You can check out my thread about Amazon Kindle Publishing.

https://www.nairaland.com/6434778/make-money-dollars-publishing-book

please ignore this guy.

1 Like

Re: Which Business Can I Start With N20,000? by GiZcorp: 6:06pm On Jun 09, 2021
Abeg you fit borrow me 2k from that 20k?

3 Likes

Re: Which Business Can I Start With N20,000? by tahyorfrosh: 6:08pm On Jun 09, 2021
Students like food. Everybody must eat something.
You don't need to get a shop or anything too for a pastries business.

10 years ago I was in a similar position in school. What I did to help myself was to make chin chin in bulk on weekends and sell during class. All those long hours of lectures, my colleagues knew me as their snack plug. I made 5k daily from selling chin chin and it didn't affect my school because I make them and bag them on weekends. It was even cheap, #50 each and it always sold out.

I started with one paint of flour and 5 liters of oil, that was what paid for my tuition throughout the university and my project. When I realized that the business was good after my undergraduates, I expanded to making egg rolls and doughnuts in addition to chin chin, it was a good business. I further expanded to Ghana puff puff and employed over 20 sellers until Nigeria happened.

So find a business that makes you happy and something that most students can't do without and make your money from it.

May God bless your hustle.

Please check out my signature, subscribe and like my Youtube channel.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Business Can I Start With N20,000? by Olibboy: 6:08pm On Jun 09, 2021
Typicool8:
selling bread
Re: Which Business Can I Start With N20,000? by Kaymaxine(m): 6:09pm On Jun 09, 2021
We are in the rainy season already!!!
Start hot tea/coffee with pastries...
Stay at a busy location...you will give testimony soon.
Re: Which Business Can I Start With N20,000? by Damlhaade01(m): 6:12pm On Jun 09, 2021
NobleSeed:
If you study in place that's very busy ,just check if they do sells phones I mean better uk and brand new phones..meet the person incharge talk to him take doing affiliate market with him ,if he agree discuss the price rates with him ,take samples of the ones he have post them on yur school groups, get a jiji account post some there used 15k out of the 20k to sponsor your ads ...come here and share testimonies..peace
grin grin.....oga dey find client
Re: Which Business Can I Start With N20,000? by Allwell96: 6:13pm On Jun 09, 2021
For you to think of investing 20k,it's a sure sign you're going to be great in life.
I'll advise you to go into men's undies, (boxers and singlets) if you have where to get them at cheaper rates so you can make profit. Good luck to you.

1 Like

Re: Which Business Can I Start With N20,000? by deltaprincess(f): 6:13pm On Jun 09, 2021
Typicool8:

Please pay attention.
First, look for wholesalers of market products... Example, Vegetables, stock fish, Eggs etc.

You can go to some street markets around. Tell them you can supply them their products, example Plantain, Efo, Stock fish etc.

Start there, you will make back your money with some reasonable profit margin. Continue the trend and grow a business empire.

Thank me later

1 Like

Re: Which Business Can I Start With N20,000? by RickyBOT: 6:14pm On Jun 09, 2021
Op, starting an online business either as an affiliate marketer or an info marketer, then use part of that money to promote your affiliate offer or info product via Google or Facebook.

Now if I'm to recommend which you should go for, I'll say go for info marketing.

Here are tools you will need in no order of priority.

1. A website from which to sell your downloadable info product

2. The info product itself (of a very hot and on-demand topic)

3. A Google or Facebook ads account and funded with at least $20 (#10k) to run ads.

4. A paystack account to enable you implement their payment gateway on your website to receive payment

And any other inbetweens.

This is just a basic plan that you can implement within 48hrs.

If you will be interested in getting in-depth details you can send me a DM.

Since you said you're a student, I'll guide you through in implementing this if you decide to go ahead (free of cost).

Peace!
Re: Which Business Can I Start With N20,000? by Litmus: 6:15pm On Jun 09, 2021
Typicool8:

With the small amount of cash you have, and taking into account the arena within which you intend to invest your cash, I’d say Raffles (Try-your-luck) is your best bet. This old fashion way of gaining quick and high returns, is not to be sniffed at. If you take this path, insure you workout a thorough plan, be tight with your expenses, waste nothing, be mean and focused.
Re: Which Business Can I Start With N20,000? by german01(m): 6:15pm On Jun 09, 2021
Oliviajones:
Coffee Stand. get a large umbrella, Make some pastries, hot water cooler and set up store in front of a busy stop. Mak e
you think say na america you Dey!
Re: Which Business Can I Start With N20,000? by optm(m): 6:17pm On Jun 09, 2021
Anything that has to do with eating would always sell and being in a student environment is strategic already as students are always hungry and most times may not have the time to prepare food or too lazy to do that. A quick snacking outfit wouldn't be a bad idea or you could take your stuffs along with you to lecture halls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Apply For The 2018 Workforce Group Graduate Intensive Training Programme / Npower Nigeria IBM Jumpstart Competition: How To Apply! / Nigerian Navy Releases List Of Shortlisted Candidates For 2017DSSC Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.