Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,425 members, 7,800,913 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

Bank A Or Bank B ??? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Bank A Or Bank B ??? (21436 Views)

State Government Work Or Bank Job / Is The US Bank A Good Place To Do Business? / Is Kuda Bank A Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bank A Or Bank B ??? by harley88(m): 2:56pm On Jun 09, 2021
Hi guys,

Pls I need the advice of the public here.
I have been an ET with bank A for about 20 months now at the bank’s head office in a department I don’t like and that doesn’t have a career path. So I’d basically be doing the same thing for years to come. The pay is basically 200k which is quite comfortable monthly. I have tried changing departments within the bank all to no avail. I want to leave the Dept asap so I don’t get stuck there due to age. I’d be 25 later this year.

I started the Entry level recruitment for Bank B a month ago, maybe to start again as an ET probably in a better department with a better career outlook. Right now, I am almost into Bank B’s training school. Bank B pays lower than Bank A, but comes with better perks such as a car. But I’m worried about having to start again and lose 20 months of work experience. The issue is I’d have to be in Training school for some months and collect about 25% of my current salary monthly until TS is over. Also, I don’t know what Dept I’d be posted to assuming I take the Bank B job offer.

What advise can you give me pls?? Also note both banks are in the top four banks in the country.

Should i remain in Bank A and keep trying a change of department or a change of Bank as an experienced hire which is a very slim chance

Or

I take the ET job and start all over from Training school in bank B

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by Kriss216: 2:59pm On Jun 09, 2021
Please don't choose Ecobank.

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by heniford2: 3:07pm On Jun 09, 2021
Kriss216:
lol

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by James4358(m): 3:21pm On Jun 09, 2021
A bird at hand... U knw the rest! You beta dnt get carried away!

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by Fathai(m): 3:51pm On Jun 09, 2021
harley88:
Hi guys,

Pls I need the advice of the public here.
I have been an ET with bank A for about 20 months now at the bank’s head office in a department I don’t like and that doesn’t have a career path. So I’d basically be doing the same thing for years to come. The pay is basically 200k which is quite comfortable monthly. I have tried changing departments within the bank all to no avail. I want to leave the Dept asap so I don’t get stuck there due to age. I’d be 25 later this year.

I started the Entry level recruitment for Bank B a month ago, maybe to start again as an ET probably in a better department with a better career outlook. Right now, I am almost into Bank B’s training school. Bank B pays lower than Bank A, but comes with better perks such as a car. But I’m worried about having to start again and lose 20 months of work experience. The issue is I’d have to be in Training school for some months and collect about 25% of my current salary monthly until TS is over. Also, I don’t know what Dept I’d be posted to assuming I take the Bank B job offer.

What advise can you give me pls?? Also note both banks are in the top four banks in the country.

Should i remain in Bank A and keep trying a change of department or a change of Bank as an experienced hire which is a very slim chance

Or

I take the ET job and start all over from Training school in bank B
stay with bank A .. try to invest in any business you love. Quit the job when you are stable. Simple

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by harley88(m): 9:40pm On Jun 09, 2021
Kriss216:

Lmao, ecobank isn’t an option

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by harley88(m): 9:41pm On Jun 09, 2021
James4358:
A bird at hand... U knw the rest! You beta dnt get carried away!

Trying not to get carried away by the comfort In bank A

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by harley88(m): 9:42pm On Jun 09, 2021
Fathai:
stay with bank A .. try to invest in any business you love. Quit the job when you are stable. Simple

Hmm, don’t think I want to start any business in Nigeria of today. maybe until situation of things improve

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by myke92(m): 4:56pm On Jun 11, 2021
OP.,

The only reason you are considering Bank B(which is probably access bank) is because you don't like the department you are currently in, right.?

Well, personally, it's not enough reason to move to Bank B, as you don't know if you may also end up in a similar department.

So, what I suggest is stay put where you currently are and keep developing yourself in other ways that you can.., and hopefully you may eventually be transferred to another department.

102 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by ecolime(m): 3:14pm On Jun 12, 2021
Remain in Bank A but keep trying to change department. Also look out for experienced hire jobs elsewhere.

The truth is you can't determine where you will be posted to after completing TS at Bank B. It always appear greener on the other side. Be wise!

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by Nobody: 12:48am On Jun 13, 2021
Kriss216:

What's the reason for this if I may ask?
I will be glad if you can reply because I really wanna learn thank you.

Please reply

1 Like

Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by ennyj01(m): 12:52am On Jun 13, 2021
Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by CrazyMan(m): 12:59pm On Jun 13, 2021
From your narrative, you don't have any reasonable excuse for quitting bank A aside not being in a department of your choice, so why throw away 20 months of relevant experience because of that flimsy excuse?

What if after accepting bank B's offer things become worse over there, what will be your next step?

My advice is that you remain in bank A and keep working hard towards changing your department, I strongly believe that with time, your request will be granted.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by dannypaul(m): 10:15pm On Jun 14, 2021
I hv been in a similar dilemma with you now.

This is my candid advice.

I'm certain that the TS for bank b will b Virtual.

Don't resign from bank A just yet. Try and juggle both till Ur posting letter is out and see.

If this isn't realistic, forget bank B and stay with bank A, with your age u can still get into other top firms as a graduate trainee.

Get certified maybe ICAN, CIPM or a masters, try out any of big 4 or any other top investment firms in the country.

Generally banking is a trap for youngies. Don't be comfortable there.

3years max u should exist banking industry.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by kingemaker(m): 11:18pm On Jun 14, 2021
Please remain in Bank A, don't let the car in Bank B fool you. All tier1 banks in Nigeria are not so different. You will enjoy the initial cool pay for your level of experience, but with time, you'll likely lose interest and the money wont be enough to motivate you.

As advised by one of the posters, continue with bank A, 20 months experience is a whole lot. See if you can change unit, if it's not working out, you could apply for ABO or BO positions in other banks in few months time. You could as well find better paying jobs in the real industry. My 2kobo

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by SilkyKolaSyrup(f): 1:16pm On Jun 15, 2021
It's your decision to make

1 Like

Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by mbahdi(m): 1:17pm On Jun 15, 2021
J
Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by mrtender: 1:17pm On Jun 15, 2021
Hmm, visit paysub.com.ng now to hire expert for your graphic design needs
Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by 77star: 1:18pm On Jun 15, 2021
following
Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by stupidmod3: 1:19pm On Jun 15, 2021
I will go with C bank C makes sense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by seanwilliam(m): 1:19pm On Jun 15, 2021
This life no balance o. And me Dey hear Dey collect 12k as Salary embarassed

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by DropsMic(m): 1:19pm On Jun 15, 2021
Okay
Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by money121(m): 1:20pm On Jun 15, 2021
Ok
Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by Ekakamba: 1:20pm On Jun 15, 2021

Bank C should be the best option.

grin tongue
Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by alphaconde(m): 1:22pm On Jun 15, 2021
even if u move from bank B to C to D that's the feeling banking job brings

it may even depress you at a time.

go anywhere u want to go or stay anywhere u want to stay but my advise is that u plan to leave the banking sector eventually

1 Like

Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by valentineuwakwe(m): 1:22pm On Jun 15, 2021
A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the Bush......

The devil you know is better than the Angel you don't know.....

A stitch in time, saves nine.......

You are still under 25yrs and I don't know if you still remember those above adage?

Better be careful, my best advice n one others will advice you here too is to stick to the bank A.....
Change of department n being stuck in the same dept should not bother you so long the bank is healthy and your salary comes in regularly.

N.a. wa o....people wey dem give chair no sabi how to sidon on top!

1 Like

Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by foeedaba: 1:22pm On Jun 15, 2021
My only advice is, don't be like a woman I know that worked in the same position in a bank for 10 years.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

DPR Aptitude Test Questions & Answers 2016 / Police Service Commission Appoints 6 DIGs, Promotes 14 CPs, 230 SPs, others / What Prominent Achievement Did You Make In 2016? Share With Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.