Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,767 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? (25240 Views)

CEO Back Home Now Cleaning Nyash In UK - Curvy Nigerian Lady Breaks Down In Tear / Study In Nigeria Or Travel To Asia To Work / Choosing To Stay And Lobby For A Federal Job Or Travel Abroad For Studies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by Kingsasian(m): 7:28pm On Jun 10, 2021
Fidelmak:
Good evening guys, I need your advice on this: I am pressured by my family not to travel to Taraba state for job due to various news about insurgency whereas I served there. My parent don't want me to leave and I find it difficult to stay at home please i need your suggestions..
have you gotten the number?
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by Teaser4(m): 7:29pm On Jun 10, 2021
saxha:

We dey pull am o. God is in control, boss.
that's the spirit bro... It is well. Stay safe

Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by Eastcoastboy(m): 7:37pm On Jun 10, 2021
nijaomegacode:
Before you leave, hug your mother, hug your brother and sisters, hug your dad, visit your girlfriend and fvck her for the last time, kiss her and take to the road.
Please don't listen to your parents. Bye!

The funniest thing I've read today. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by HAJJIMUKHTAR: 7:40pm On Jun 10, 2021
Saintinoo:

I am not trying to discourage you but the North is not where you wil hustle, forget the cheap food in the North, you will look at your life in the next 10years and find out that you are in same level.
The lifestyle of the Northerners made it that way.
introduce him to Ur babalawo for quick riches pls!

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by oluplus(m): 7:42pm On Jun 10, 2021
Saintinoo:

Tell me one state in the North aside Kano Jos and Kaduna that have 5 medium scale companies.
Even in those private companies you will see the true defination of tribalism, don't stay in Lagos and predict what is happening in the North, ask someone that have spent atleast 20years in the North.

Again, your claim is still not true. This is my 16th year in the north and I thank God for what I am today.
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by manny4u(m): 7:49pm On Jun 10, 2021
Saintinoo:

I am not trying to discourage you but the North is not where you wil hustle, forget the cheap food in the North, you will look at your life in the next 10years and find out that you are in same level.
The lifestyle of the Northerners made it that way.

My problem with some of you southerners is how you beat your chest about how knowledgeable you're but yet you are so ignorant. Their are young guys from the south in the North who are doing so well and building houses left right and centre even in your so called heaven-southern Nigeria. Most of us in the south are just ignorant about this country cos we have never travel out of our comfort zone.

And I am from the South South incase you like to know.

OP go to taraba and get on with your life Abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 10, 2021
ABANGWABOI:

Baba how far ..
You dey Sati Baruwa ??
Abi na Takum??
takum
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by modsfucker: 7:55pm On Jun 10, 2021
Fidelmak:
Good evening guys, I need your advice on this: I am pressured by my family not to travel to Taraba state for job due to various news about insurgency whereas I served there. My parent don't want me to leave and I find it difficult to stay at home please i need your suggestions..

Bro if you know anybody in Kano and you have some capital, just move there and start buying things that are cheaper in the North to South, before you know it you're already there. I asked if you know anybody there cos you need someone to put you through.

You can equally move to Jalingo and search for the things that are in high demand there but they're scarce, so you can be buying them from the South to that place. A lot of Southerners have gathered huge wealth in the North through business.
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by rickyboss333: 7:57pm On Jun 10, 2021
Fidelmak:

As long as I am concerned, u are not a baby, they would have as well stopped u from going for your youth service there in d first place. So since u stayed there a whole year and nothing happened to u, it means u already have first hand knowledge about the place. if your sure of getting a job there, or already have d job waiting for u there, my dear it is a bird at hand, which is far better than sitting at home waiting for the thousands in d bush. But if u are only going back there to push for a job, then it may not be wise
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by Lilpen3758: 8:03pm On Jun 10, 2021
Fidelmak:
travel go work na still Dem go dey later dey broke shame you
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by ABANGWABOI(m): 8:17pm On Jun 10, 2021
Hattbricker:
takum

Oya nah...
Carry Go Infantoaa...
I dey your back with h my Armoured Tank..
No shaking..

3 Likes

Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by Idrisfaruq(m): 8:28pm On Jun 10, 2021
My advice for you is that just follow your parent instructions.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by Eastcoastboy(m): 8:29pm On Jun 10, 2021
Justice505:
I've looked my self almost five years here and my life has been different.
Explain in details please sir.
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by andyblinks05: 8:35pm On Jun 10, 2021
Thobby02lawbar:

Which school?
U better tell him how you started and the real troubles
What do you mean here?
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by Light78: 8:37pm On Jun 10, 2021
Fidelmak:

Bro, I am also pressured by my family. I need a job. Let us go together.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by andyblinks05: 8:37pm On Jun 10, 2021
Champneys:

If you have money saved somewhere to pay for ransom or if you are ready to play 2 odds with your life, please proceed on the trip to Taraba.... Do a weekend sightseeing trip to Borno, Benue or Zamfara as well!

Best wishes.
Mumu talk… better hold mouth than to vomit misyarning.
Nobi everytin be joke
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by Eastcoastboy(m): 8:41pm On Jun 10, 2021
andyblinks05:

Bro. This is exactly what I'm facing right now, I'm a graduate and all my plans was to travel to lagos but my parent are opposing it. Now I'm just stuck here without doing anything rather than eat-sleep-eat-sleep. I'm actually frustrated now with tension. my mind now is disorganized, should I follow their opinion or should I follow my mind??….. And the way culture and religion puts it, there is no chance for disobeying your parents whether they are right or wrong. They painted lagos as a jungle full of beast that is ready to devour me. I'm confused right now. I really want to follow my mind but I don't want to disobey them.

Indomie chopping boy. Step out and do you mahn!
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by realray(m): 8:41pm On Jun 10, 2021
what are you looking for in the north....
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by andyblinks05: 8:45pm On Jun 10, 2021
Eastcoastboy:

Indomie chopping boy. Step out and do you mahn!
Nobi so bros.... Na parent issues wey I suppose treat with caution

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by Eastcoastboy(m): 8:47pm On Jun 10, 2021
Nwaotu10:
Don't listen to your parents bro. Go and secure the job asap.

I served in Ogun, ibafo precisely. I had alot of opportunities to secure a job there, but my mum insisted I must come back to East. I got a teaching job in the East but the pay wasn't ok. I had to move down to Abj to join my friend in POS business, I started mine but I was robbed of all my savings. Currently doing nothing now and patiently waiting for the day I will rest in peace.

I can't take it no more.

Love and light bro.
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by andyblinks05: 8:52pm On Jun 10, 2021
Thobby02lawbar:
Oga, I'm in Taraba state, Jalingo to be precise. Nothing dey this town in terms of job o. Everywhere dry! I served here as well. Unless you have godfathers you can't get civil service and if you get, government can owe you up to a year salary.
To tell you how hard it is, I'm relocating to southwest next month.

Mind you Jalingo is peaceful, no insurgency but outside Jalingo? OYO

Taraba don dry!
Didnt you read the part he wrote he has stayed there before?… for him to think of going back he already know his ways and the biz he would get
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by Eastcoastboy(m): 8:53pm On Jun 10, 2021
yinkbell:

Don't do anything funny bro. You have God who listens to prayers.
I don't know if you are a Christian; just be silent before him everytime you pray and he will guide you!

Absolutely right. When everything fails God does not.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by collum(m): 8:53pm On Jun 10, 2021
Fidelmak:

Just go and resume your work...God will protect you...

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by Eastcoastboy(m): 8:55pm On Jun 10, 2021
Teaser4:
Hahaha baba you too dey jump into conclusion, I served in Lafia in 2017/2018, I traveled to few northern states like Kaduna, kano, sokoto, jos, Niger just to mention few...Nigeria was safer then, I won't advise the bro to go on a suicide mission, unless he's planning to fly. Do you know how dangerous the roads are lately? Haha.. I don't even live in the country anymore but northern part of the country isn't safe lately.. Its better to safe than sorry...

Allow him to explore.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by oluwaahmed: 8:58pm On Jun 10, 2021
Kingsasian:
you are right. I love this place coupled with the 24v hours electricity in the capital. Although I am planning to relocate back to the south soon.

Men the electricity. Neva had a gen throughout my stay
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by Eastcoastboy(m): 8:58pm On Jun 10, 2021
andyblinks05:

Nobi so bros.... Na parent issues wey I suppose treat with caution

Well cool. Na only you know how e be for you. Just make sure you don't do what you will regret. As that's the worst thing that will happen to a Man.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by crafteck(m): 9:06pm On Jun 10, 2021
Sebi u no wan get sense, na person wey dey alive dey come ask nonsense on nairaland ooo
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by SAMIexx: 9:22pm On Jun 10, 2021
Bro sir my advice is listen to your parents even though nothing may happen to you if they allowed you but if you go by disobedience what should not happen may happen.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by Map1(m): 9:38pm On Jun 10, 2021
Hattbricker:
I'm a soldier presently in taraba and it's relatively safe compared to other states. But I really don't see any good job here unless you have something doing already.
ohhhh dem never send you go Sambisa forest
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by jessyjames100(f): 9:40pm On Jun 10, 2021
Moving to taraba was the best decision I have ever made in life op if you want to go pls do.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by Fidelmak(m): 9:53pm On Jun 10, 2021
JayB11:

Which kind of job are you thinking of doing in Taraba, is it in Jalingo?
Yes it's jalingo and its a Teaching Job
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by Fidelmak(m): 10:03pm On Jun 10, 2021
oyejideogunjumo:

Where is the home?
Which state or town?
However I don't know when you you served at Taraba but even if it is last year,the situation there has changed to what it was then.
Also the situation in the country does not support moving here and there at least for now.
Thirdly , what assurance do you have that you can easily get job there now?
Why did you come back initially after your service?
Well, I wish you the best in whatever decision you make
My parents are in ondo state
I served 2019
I came back home due to pressure (job:which turns out none)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mass Sack, Demotion Looms In Customs / The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak / How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.