Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? (25247 Views)

CEO Back Home Now Cleaning Nyash In UK - Curvy Nigerian Lady Breaks Down In Tear / Study In Nigeria Or Travel To Asia To Work / Choosing To Stay And Lobby For A Federal Job Or Travel Abroad For Studies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by IMAliyu(m): 10:09pm On Jun 10, 2021
andyblinks05:

Bro. This is exactly what I'm facing right now, I'm a graduate and all my plans was to travel to lagos but my parent are opposing it. Now I'm just stuck here without doing anything rather than eat-sleep-eat-sleep. I'm actually frustrated now with tension. my mind now is disorganized, should I follow their opinion or should I follow my mind??….. And the way culture and religion puts it, there is no chance for disobeying your parents whether they are right or wrong. They painted lagos as a jungle full of beast that is ready to devour me. I'm confused right now. I really want to follow my mind but I don't want to disobey them.
Your parents have the best of intentions for you and want to protect you.
But you will have to disobey them at some point, or else you will never mature. If things don't work out for you in life, because you were just obeying them, you will end up bitter and resentful towards them later in life.
You have to understand they are just people, sometimes they don't know any better than you.

Don't let them guilt you with religion/culture, just disagree with them, but don't disrespect them.
It's your life to live at this point, you should make your decisions and take your own risks.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by zeeace(m): 10:13pm On Jun 10, 2021
I live in Taraba. Which are going to taraba to look for O. P. It's a civil service state.
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by Leogreat5: 10:13pm On Jun 10, 2021
Am really searching for job...please can you connect me with one in Jos.

OP,
If you like Taraba state, the people and their culture, and you're sure of getting job in the state, I think you should consider going there.

One thing people don't know is that, getting a nice job in the Northern part of the country is much more easier than any part of the country.

Of a truth, the place of insecurity can not be overemphasized, but then I don't think safety is guaranteed (to a very large extent) in any part of the country presently.

I had my NYSC on the Plateau, Jos precisely. I was advised to stay back by my employer, I was able to convince my parents and they agreed. And I can say that decision is one of the best I've made in the last decade.

I will just advise you @OP, to channel your job search to the state capital, the state capitals in the North are always safe, at least to some extent.

Another thing is, they don't employ you based on the class you graduated with, it's none of their business, since you're good at what you do and you can deliver, you're good to go.

Most importantly, pray about it, let God direct and order your steps. You're more safer than save.

Selah.[/quote]
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by Belurved1(m): 10:16pm On Jun 10, 2021
The most violence free state in Northern part of Nigeria is Jigawa state.
Jamestown123:
Some people like u believed that all the northern states are not safe, but I can assure 100% that Kano, taraba, gombe, jigawa and bauchi are lot safer than all the states u consider safe. Night life in Kano is second to none, cheap foods, cheap houses and even cheap transportation. Security is 80%
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by zeeace(m): 10:16pm On Jun 10, 2021
Hattbricker:
I'm a soldier presently in taraba and it's relatively safe compared to other states. But I really don't see any good job here unless you have something doing already.
honestly. Except you want a government job. That is the only good job here. And getting a govt job here is way to stressful. Especially if you're not an indigene
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by zeeace(m): 10:21pm On Jun 10, 2021
Thobby02lawbar:
Oga, I'm in Taraba state, Jalingo to be precise. Nothing dey this town in terms of job o. Everywhere dry! I served here as well. Unless you have godfathers you can't get civil service and if you get, government can owe you up to a year salary.
To tell you how hard it is, I'm relocating to southwest next month.

Mind you Jalingo is peaceful, no insurgency but outside Jalingo? OYO

Taraba don dry!
lies. Government doesn't owe. Except for those in the local government .
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by andyblinks05: 10:24pm On Jun 10, 2021
IMAliyu:

But you will have to disobey them at some point, or else you will never mature. If things don't work out for you in life, because you were just obeying them, you will end up bitter and resentful towards them later in life.
You have to understand they are just people, sometimes they don't know any better than you.

Don't let them guilt you with religion/culture, just disagree with them, but don't disrespect them.
It's your life to live at this point, you should make your decisions and take your own risks.
Your words hit me straight in the heart. That's what has been goin in my mind. Thank you
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by Jamestown123: 10:31pm On Jun 10, 2021
Teaser4:
Hahaha baba you too dey jump into conclusion, I served in Lafia in 2017/2018, I traveled to few northern states like Kaduna, kano, sokoto, jos, Niger just to mention few...Nigeria was safer then, I won't advise the bro to go on a suicide mission, unless he's planning to fly. Do you know how dangerous the roads are lately? Haha.. I don't even live in the country anymore but northern part of the country isn't safe lately.. Its better to safe than sorry...
You don't leave in the country, but u are talking about where is safe and where is not safe. So if he doesn't have money for flight, then he should forget about traveling abi? Millions of people travel across the country everyday, now u want to tell me that those millions of people has been killed or kidnapped?
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by Seniorwriter(m): 10:44pm On Jun 10, 2021
Kingsasian:
I would have loved to but I am planning to go back for a professional course soon because I studied engineering.

Shows you know not much about remote working modalities.
Anyways what I'm suggesting will not in anyway disrupt nor impede your plans..

@Seniorwriter
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by Kingsasian(m): 10:46pm On Jun 10, 2021
Seniorwriter:

Shows you know not much about remote working modalities.
Anyways what I'm suggesting will not in anyway disrupt nor impede your plans..

@Seniorwriter
oh, sorry about that. I know what you talking about. But I haven't given it a thought though. May be you can give me more insight
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by kkins25(m): 10:48pm On Jun 10, 2021
IMAliyu:

Wisely spoken. I'm facing the same thing now.

i wonder if he would not chicken out like me and continue to stay with parents, although in my own case i already have a job which i really dislike, if not that i am capable of blanking my mind without narcotics i would have been taking drugs just to get up to go to work.. thats how much i disregard the job.

just like his, my parents didn't want me to move too, nd of course there is the curse stuff they(my mum especially) blackmail me with. all these dont bother me though. my father on the other hand be like "go if you want to go" then behind my back he goes to tell my boss that i have agreed to work for half salary, all these he does just to avoid me leaving nd he is indepthed to my boss who is also his boss nd a relative. complicated shiit ryt!!

i can't move, well no cash at hand(rents have to be paid annually or bi-annually in full nd in advance) and no one to host me for the mean time(the only one that would host me has been offended by my dad, her son.. crazy right

i dont speak the language, even though it is irrelevant it wouldn't stop my nationality from being questioned. Thats just one of the benefits of having anything to do with nigeria.

im managing my job to raise money to process some stuff in naija at the moment.. in short, all plans i have made are geared towards getting me out of these chains my loved ones have put on me.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by kkins25(m): 10:50pm On Jun 10, 2021
Seniorwriter:

Nice one howbeit why not also offer your teaching skills via online and earn residually.....@OP you have a living testimony.

@Seniorwriter
how?
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by JayB11(m): 10:55pm On Jun 10, 2021
Saintinoo:

I am not trying to stop the OP from moving to the north, the person qouting you is someone who have stayed, mastered and studies almost 12 Northern states, reason why i am very confident about what i am saying, the OP can as well come and try, no body says he can not make it in the North, but it will be faster for him up South.

And about he North and their lifestyle, only someone who have stayed in the North for about 10years will understand what i mean, their mentality is a no growth mentality, you have to fast and pray to break that.

Honestly, i respect your views. I thought you would get back at me with insults like it is common here on Nairaland for ages. You are a happy man and you know a lot. All the best Sir�
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by Teaser4(m): 10:55pm On Jun 10, 2021
Jamestown123:
You don't leave in the country, but u are talking about where is safe and where is not safe. So if he doesn't have money for flight, then he should forget about traveling abi? Millions of people travel across the country everyday, now u want to tell me that those millions of people has been killed or kidnapped?
bro I dey read news nah, I get family and friends in naija... Even the blind dey see say north no safe anymore.... Heck, its not even safe to travel bus at night anymore.. Nah 50/50.... Shey I lie?
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by Suleh620(m): 10:57pm On Jun 10, 2021
[actually you also need the advice. See am from north, I will honestly tell you there is job opportunities plenty here and the fact that it's not safe, is totally wrong as it's portrait by the media. Most cities here are more safer than the southern ones, coz I did my NYSC camping in south]
Bro. This is exactly what I'm facing right now, I'm a graduate and all my plans was to travel to lagos but my parent are opposing it. Now I'm just stuck here without doing anything rather than eat-sleep-eat-sleep. I'm actually frustrated now with tension. my mind now is disorganized, should I follow their opinion or should I follow my mind??….. And the way culture and religion puts it, there is no chance for disobeying your parents whether they are right or wrong. They painted lagos as a jungle full of beast that is ready to devour me. I'm confused right now. I really want to follow my mind but I don't want to disobey them. [/quote]
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by Suleh620(m): 11:04pm On Jun 10, 2021
Oh! Take heart bro! God will replace u more than what u lost, insha Allahu

Don't listen to your parents bro. Go and secure the job asap.

I served in Ogun, ibafo precisely. I had alot of opportunities to secure a job there, but my mum insisted I must come back to East. I got a teaching job in the East but the pay wasn't ok. I had to move down to Abj to join my friend in POS business, I started mine but I was robbed of all my savings. Currently doing nothing now and patiently waiting for the day I will rest in peace.

I can't take it no more.[/quote]
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by Jamestown123: 11:05pm On Jun 10, 2021
Teaser4:
bro I dey read news nah, I get family and friends in naija... Even the blind dey see say north no safe anymore.... Heck, its not even safe to travel bus at night anymore.. Nah 50/50.... Shey I lie?
bro which north u dey talk about self. Na only kaduna, borno and zamfara be states for north? Road trip is not safe anywhere across the country right now. So stop taging only north.
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by JayB11(m): 11:06pm On Jun 10, 2021
Fidelmak:

Yes it's jalingo and its a Teaching Job

I believe its your desire to teach. Jalingo at the moment is very calm, cases of kidnapping has drastically reduced. There is Keke Napep curfew at 9pm (however, taxis operate till midnight). If you are a type that doesn't stay out very very late, you are much safer to any imminent threat. However, if you must get to Jalingo, make sure you go through Adamawa other than through Benue-wukari axis due to the looming security situation around that region. If it is a private job, feel free to go to Jalingo, besides you may even pave for yourself more greener pasture as i believe your teaching job is only for a start. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by hansomb: 11:55pm On Jun 10, 2021
Saintinoo:

I am not trying to discourage you but the North is not where you wil hustle, forget the cheap food in the North, you will look at your life in the next 10years and find out that you are in same level.
The lifestyle of the Northerners made it that way.
pot calling kettle black. U get work to give am ? Atleast it's a step in the right direction. An idle mind is a devil workshop. Except if u want him to start oil bunkering or yahoo yahoo or skull mining !! ! Come and see how many Igbo and other tribes millionaire are in the North.Infact most are doing better than even the indigenous people. Most are even comfortable living in the North than they will in the east. Most are born and brought up in the North and most of them including Rochas speaks good Hausa language.
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by Richdee1(m): 12:08am On Jun 11, 2021
lopjohnny:

OP,
If you like Taraba state, the people and their culture, and you're sure of getting job in the state, I think you should consider going there.

One thing people don't know is that, getting a nice job in the Northern part of the country is much more easier than any part of the country.

Of a truth, the place of insecurity can not be overemphasized, but then I don't think safety is guaranteed (to a very large extent) in any part of the country presently.

I had my NYSC on the Plateau, Jos precisely. I was advised to stay back by my employer, I was able to convince my parents and they agreed. And I can say that decision is one of the best I've made in the last decade.

I will just advise you @OP, to channel your job search to the state capital, the state capitals in the North are always safe, at least to some extent.

Another thing is, they don't employ you based on the class you graduated with, it's none of their business, since you're good at what you do and you can deliver, you're good to go.

Most importantly, pray about it, let God direct and order your steps. You're more safer than save.

Selah.

Why do I feel you're into humanitarian Service/jobs
NGO??
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by Dackrapper(m): 12:08am On Jun 11, 2021
Tangana:
Bro I am at Taraba (Gembu) is more saver than Abuja or Lagos
No cap, I'm a Tarabian and I can tell you that Gembu is a peaceful place with beautiful girls and cold weather
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by Dackrapper(m): 12:11am On Jun 11, 2021
jessyjames100:
Moving to taraba was the best decision I have ever made in life op if you want to go pls do.
That's Nice, I'm from Taraba, Donga Lga Mararraba
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by Dackrapper(m): 12:15am On Jun 11, 2021
Hattbricker:
takum
Cool, I'm close to Takum, I graduated from College of Health technology Takum last year. I'm very surprised at some of the comments I'm seeing about Taraba here, I'm even wondering if it's my Taraba that I was born and brought up in.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by Nobody: 12:17am On Jun 11, 2021
Map1:
ohhhh dem never send you go Sambisa forest
use your brain man

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by Nobody: 12:28am On Jun 11, 2021
jessyjames100:
Moving to taraba was the best decision I have ever made in life op if you want to go pls do.
sent you a pm
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by Nobody: 5:38am On Jun 11, 2021
Hattbricker:
I'm a soldier presently in taraba and it's relatively safe compared to other states. But I really don't see any good job here unless you have something doing already.

God bless you Gallant soldier

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by jhonmethew822: 5:38am On Jun 11, 2021
Hi
Am offering great btc software with u can make unconfirmed transactions to ur friends .
Also offering fake btc balance that will appear only for few hours.
REACH ME ON ICQ 753700440 smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by jhonmethew822: 5:39am On Jun 11, 2021
Hi
for the best tools
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
REACH ME ON ICQ 753700440 smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by IsaacEtieno(m): 6:24am On Jun 11, 2021
@OP is as bad as it can be. If God kept you for one year in Taraba state, He can keep you for a longer period in that same state if He still got plans for you there. I use to tell people even my family that what my Drill Instructor told me in Jigawa where I served, he said... If you're (talking to me) destined to die in Jigawa state, whenever it's time for you to die, somehow, something will bring you to Jigawa and you'll die there. That was when I was planning to relocate. I stayed back and had a very wonderful service year.
It's not safe anywhere as long as Nigeria is the case study and me, I'm still pushing to go back to my service state and see what life holds for me here cos since I came back to the East last year after service, it hasn't been funny and humanly speaking, no hope in sight.

So, I'll advice you go back if you're sure of something. Pray and be security conscious cos na God dey protect us
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by Dumte(m): 7:48am On Jun 11, 2021
I'm commenting on your post right from of my working place in a northern state. I served in that state and went back to South but had to go back north for a greener pasture due to the hardship in the country. I followed my mind and it is working for me
Re: Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? by vicfajeze: 7:51am On Jun 11, 2021
Fidelmak:
Good evening guys, I need your advice on this: I am pressured by my family not to travel to Taraba state for job due to various news about insurgency whereas I served there. My parent don't want me to leave and I find it difficult to stay at home please i need your suggestions..
go to sambisa,work plenty for you their

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak / How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice / God Has Done It For Me, I Just Got A Good Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.