Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,540 members, 7,808,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

Creative Marketing: How To Turn Your Clients Into Real Life Advertisers - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Creative Marketing: How To Turn Your Clients Into Real Life Advertisers (304 Views)

Turn Your Kitchen & Cooking Skills Into A Source Of Daily Income / How To Turn Shrimps Into Exotic Snacks For Guest ( Video ) / Horrifying Cannibal Cakes That Look Like The Dead, Real Life Human Flesh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Creative Marketing: How To Turn Your Clients Into Real Life Advertisers by revievex(m): 6:13pm On Jun 09, 2021
Part of what have been my major challenge in marketing is getting my audience. As a matter of fact, I have been working on PPC ads and SEO for some months now, hoping they’ll increase the number of audience I presently have. And as a matter of fact, SEO and PPC has actually been of great help. But while these strategies are great, they either take a lot of time or a lot of money.

I don’t know everything, but one thing I know for sure is that we all want to grow our practice, That’s why you are reading this post right now. But I’ve also discovered that the very best way to do that is for your clients to do it for you.

of course there are many other things we can do, we can do seminars, Facebook ads, etc.

here is a saying I love so much, it’s not entirely true, but is true enough. It says that advertising is a task paid by the unremarkable…, what we’re going to talk about is turning your clients into your greatest marketing force.

a new research came up recently, that says that word of mouth is the single most persuasive way that people make decision “the number one”. Yet here is the amazing thing; essentially, no one reading this post has an actual word of mouth strategy, and that is a little bit of puzzle isn’t it?

because we have a seminar strategy, financial strategy, marketing strategy, yet no body has an actual word of mouth strategy. We just take it for granted, we assume that our clients will tell their friends about us, but will they? And even if they will, are we giving them something to say?

Why Customer Recommendation Is Important

what would you do if you were in a bad hotel? A really bad hotel. What would you do about that?

back in the old days, about 12 years ago, you would maybe go to the front desk and complain, or call to complain, or maybe you would even write a letter, put a stamp on it to complain

and now of course you’ll probably do none of those things right? You would while you’re still in the room, grab your phone and express your displeasure instantaneously in a public venue.

here is a real review of the budget host saga motel located in Arizona. This was a weird one. One of the worst review I’ve seen in my life.
I think I can feel death creeping upon me as I write this. It’s so disgustingly, like something out of a horror movie. Am about to walk out to my car to get my own blanket; because this bed is so disgusting, I don’t even want to imagine how many people are brought here to be murdered. Do not stay here.

now its public. It used to be a one on one conversation, either face to face, or a telephone conversation. Now everybody gets to see this.

Isn’t it amazing how news fly about these days? Within 5 minutes of a little happening, 80% of the country already knows about it.

1 Customers now publicize their experiences. people these days now vote with their experiences, stop trying to be amazing and start trying to be useful.
2 News now travel faster these days we’ve been given a lot of access on social media these days including access to share other people’s topics and experiences.

How to Turn Your Customers into Promoters
The mistake we are making is thinking that competency creates conversation. That if we just run a really good practice our clients will naturally tell their friends about us. But that’s not actually the way human behaviour works. What people talk about are the things that are different from their expectation.

Some of these are just how we are wired as human beings. We are wired to discuss things that are different and ignore things that are average. so if you want to make your clients to tell their friends about you, you have to make a choice to do something different that your clients actually notice and talk about.

The cheesecake factory restaurant spends 5x less on advertising than any other restaurant of their competitor set. They’ve spent 100s of million dollars less per year than many chains in their that same price point. How do they do this?

They made a decision to do something that people notice and talk about

1 their menu is like a novel
2 they make chicken 85 different ways

Now that’s stupid. But they do it because it is so outside your frame of reference that you’ll notice and tell people about it.

You might think “this is kind of a funny story. Cheesecake factory has a big menu, but that doesn’t build their business”. My friend it absolutely does. A research showed that 38% of their customers had told their friends about the menu.

Now I ask “if 38% of your clients told their friends about working with you, what will that do to your business in 2021

There is also another restaurant in California called Skip’s kitchen.
Skips is a very simple premise. It’s a counter service restaurant. You walk to the counter, they’ve got a menu board and you order, when your food is ready, they’ll bring it to your table.

We all have been in such restaurant. Except Skips has a word of mouth strategy. Just before you pay, the person working at the counter whips out a deck of cards from under the counter and assembles it face down before your face and says “pick a card” and you select a card. And if you get a joker, your entire meal is free whether you ordered for yourself or a whole football team.

They’ve been in business for 12 years, and have spent 0 dollars, 0 cents on advertising, yet there is always a line to get in every day. And recently, they were named the 27th best hamburger restaurant in United State.

On average, 3 persons per day wins this little joker game, but when they win, they go crazy; taking selfie, crying, calling their mom, etc.

But everybody talks about it, they call their friends, they post reviews on Facebook, yelp, twitter, Instagram etc. it is the engine of their success.

Despite the fact that it is clearly written in front of the restaurant “skips kitchen, people nicknamed it the joker restaurant. That’s when you know you have a word of mouth strategy that actually works.
This is something you can start doing in your business right now

Final words

Word of mouth strategy needs to be worthy of remark, and not complicated.
All customers need to be treated equally. One of the things we do in businesses now is that we sometimes tend to treat customers differently on purpose like “you’re our tier one customer, so you’re going to take the big one, tier 2 gets the smaller one”

We should treat our customers equally and give them same experience.

Creative Marketing
you can also subscribe to my whatsapp list where youll learn amazing ways to grow your business if you dont mind.
[url]/2347052948178[/url].

(1) (Reply)

Ughelli Caterers & Small Chops / A Trial Will Convince You! / Africa's CHEAPEST Street Food // Nigerian Street Food Tour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.