Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,723 members, 7,805,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

Herdsmen Attacks: Nigeria Will Face Food Crisis Next Year – Senator Utazi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen Attacks: Nigeria Will Face Food Crisis Next Year – Senator Utazi (10041 Views)

Senator Utazi Declines Senate Return, Supports Ugwuanyi's Senatorial Bid / FCT, 20 States May Face Food Crisis, Starvation Later This Year (Full List) / ICPC Seizes N117M Items From Senator Utazi Chukwuka In Enugu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herdsmen Attacks: Nigeria Will Face Food Crisis Next Year – Senator Utazi by joyairemiya: 8:32pm On Jun 09, 2021
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

The senator representing Enugu North senatorial district in the National Assembly, Chukwuka Utazi has raised an alarm that Nigeria will face serious food challenges next year as farmers are unable to go to their farms due to attacks by killer herdsmen.

Speaking on Channels Television programme ‘Politics Today’ monitored by Daily Independent, Utazi the insecurity crisis in the South East will be reduced to the barest minimum if urgent action is taken to arrest killer herdsmen who are moving about with AK-47 and are killing innocent citizens.

He said the people of the South East have now agreed that state police will go a long way in addressing the insecurity challenges as governors are powerless to perform their roles as chief security officers owing to the present unitary system which supports central policing from Abuja.

He said: “You have to look at the issue of these people moving about with AK-47 and killing our people. Beyond that people are saying we want state police. Before many people didn’t agree but today, it is a common issue for us in the South East and even in the southern part of Nigeria. We want state police so that we can help".

“Now, you find that governors are chief security officers but they are not in charge. We have look at all those issues and we have come to the conclusion that it is very important that we have state police in the southeast to help us tackle the insecurity challenges.

“Today, many people cannot move to their farms, not to talk of kidnap for ransom and banditry and all that. we must disarm these herders moving about with AK-47 so that we can be civil and be able to discuss with our people. If we don’t do so, things will become difficult.

“Next year, we are going to face a lot of challenges in terms of food security in this country because many people cannot farm.

“This is farming season in my area but how many people can go to farms? They are not going anywhere and we are here speaking grammar and talking politics. We have to look at these issues and solve them once and for all.”
https://independent.ng/herdsmen-attacks-nigeria-will-face-serious-food-crisis-next-year-utazi/

6 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Attacks: Nigeria Will Face Food Crisis Next Year – Senator Utazi by uzohcars(m): 8:34pm On Jun 09, 2021
The union is not working

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Attacks: Nigeria Will Face Food Crisis Next Year – Senator Utazi by GreenFarmsNG: 8:36pm On Jun 09, 2021
Buhari the cursed hand fellow. Whatever Buhari and APC touches, blows up in tatters.

Nigeria has been in crises since APC came onboard.

It won't get better with Buhari, he hasn't gotten a single thing right since he came onboard. Under Buhari there's been over 100,000 deaths it's a case of being in a war-state without a war

Shameless blood thirty entity

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Attacks: Nigeria Will Face Food Crisis Next Year – Senator Utazi by syrecookie: 8:37pm On Jun 09, 2021
We facing it already

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Attacks: Nigeria Will Face Food Crisis Next Year – Senator Utazi by nairavsdollars(f): 8:38pm On Jun 09, 2021
No matter what happens, Lagosians cannot lack food

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Attacks: Nigeria Will Face Food Crisis Next Year – Senator Utazi by sapientia(m): 8:38pm On Jun 09, 2021
Who told you Buhari want anyone to eat?

lol

This is next level playing out intentionally

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Attacks: Nigeria Will Face Food Crisis Next Year – Senator Utazi by syrecookie: 8:41pm On Jun 09, 2021
GreenFarmsNG:
Nigeria has been in crises since APC came onboard. Two more years of crises and the moment of decision again if the crises inflicting party continues with its barrage of nonsensical anti-human actions
not just APC, all political parties in Nigeria should be scrapped, they are all selfish and useless...make all of them just getat!

8 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Attacks: Nigeria Will Face Food Crisis Next Year – Senator Utazi by Bola146(f): 8:42pm On Jun 09, 2021
syrecookie:
We facing it already

Abi oooo cry

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Attacks: Nigeria Will Face Food Crisis Next Year – Senator Utazi by Zooposki(f): 8:46pm On Jun 09, 2021
Politicians and their families are there for us to eat. No shortage of meat.

4 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Attacks: Nigeria Will Face Food Crisis Next Year – Senator Utazi by nairavsdollars(f): 8:49pm On Jun 09, 2021
ha ha...wehrey cannibal
Zooposki:
Politicians and their families are there for us to eat. No shortage of meat.

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Attacks: Nigeria Will Face Food Crisis Next Year – Senator Utazi by Skillsnigeria: 9:00pm On Jun 09, 2021
We know that already

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Attacks: Nigeria Will Face Food Crisis Next Year – Senator Utazi by Kandeed: 9:02pm On Jun 09, 2021
Ablemed:

Only jobless people have the time for such nonsense if those people at Lekki toll gate stayed at home they would have lived longer. That is how people will go out again and die for no reason

All those people who died at Lekki tollgate what did their death and the so called "#ENDSARS" Achieve?. NOTHING!!!

another set of fool will go out risk their lives and protest again another set of people might die again and i swear to you the protest will ACHIEVE NOTHING

Just Stay at home and let the fools risk their lives because if you die it will it will be for NOTHING

Lived longer for what really? sit n do nothing but watch Nigeria get destroyed?? and if you really think Endsars achieved nothing then Man I certify ur really blind and don't even know nothing, well for ur information SARS ended and there's now No or scarce report of police intimidating, killing and arresting Youths just anyhow for looking good if ur too dumb to notice.

Ur likes Just annoy me cuz Nothing is working in this bleeping country, Nothing. people keeps dying every bleeping day in hundreds and nothing is being done, no jobs, the people wanna manage but food prices triples each passing day, farmers can't even go to farm without getting hacked, people who can't boast of 100k are being forced by herdsmen to cough at 10m by any means possible where would they see it from? There's crime on the increase cuz people don't know what else to do and a Coward like you is telling Nigerians to sit at home so we'll live? Live for what in this country if I should ask you? dumbo if ur a coward and feel help would come from the sky to change Nigeria to ur dreams then stay tf off with that filthy mentality and stop telling us the level of ur Cowardice. The fact that you can't beat ur chest and say I'll travel thr Ogun state or any part of Nigeria and return safe is rather funny and maybe stupid. yet you wanna sit at home see ur future destroyed without doing nothing. and then they threaten to shoot you if you come out to protest whilst they're killing you slowly yet ur here telling me rubbish. well the only thing I've got for ur likes is Pity. If I get shot and killed June 12 I'll die doing the right thing rather falling cheaply thr the bullets of Fulanis or thr Hunger or Depression

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Attacks: Nigeria Will Face Food Crisis Next Year – Senator Utazi by nairavsdollars(f): 4:45am On Jun 10, 2021
Southern governors should enforce open grazing ban

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Attacks: Nigeria Will Face Food Crisis Next Year – Senator Utazi by bcomputer101: 5:45am On Jun 10, 2021
All that to our darling mannequin.

2023 is around the corner. This time around, we must get sense by force.

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Attacks: Nigeria Will Face Food Crisis Next Year – Senator Utazi by Balistic4: 5:55am On Jun 10, 2021
Mr. Utazi please don't behave like Nigerian pastors that tell us what we already know and call it revelation/prophecy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Attacks: Nigeria Will Face Food Crisis Next Year – Senator Utazi by mooremoney(m): 5:55am On Jun 10, 2021
Can't we just split this country so everyone can go

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Attacks: Nigeria Will Face Food Crisis Next Year – Senator Utazi by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:55am On Jun 10, 2021
All sponsors and perpetrators of evil this evil herdsmen and othe violent crimes in this country.

All sponsors of kidnappers will all die painfully.
May the people that support and sponsor them all die painfully, and may they suffer so much pains as long as they live on earth before dying in shame.

We heard this before and it came to pass back then.
God save Nigerians

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Attacks: Nigeria Will Face Food Crisis Next Year – Senator Utazi by tuoyoojo(m): 5:57am On Jun 10, 2021
If u look keenly at all this insecurity i n Nigeria, it is all part of the grand scheme of things geared towards 2023

APC knows it cannot will any election in Nigeria so what is the plan

Allow unscrupulous elements to destabilize the nation without doing anything significant to stop it. Give bandits free reign to do what they want and cash out big time.

When instability is getting to its peak, INEC would announce that they cannot hold elections so this govt be stay indefinitely because they would ask for 6 months extension per time. Within this time, the killings would multiply and nothing would be done to help us except we help ourselves

Some are clamouring for coup. Who is in charge of the armed forces....now you know

What can help this country.... Only divine intervention and the resilience of the Nigerian people

The south must unite if we want to be free in the next 5 years because the north is feeding fat from our disunity

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Attacks: Nigeria Will Face Food Crisis Next Year – Senator Utazi by Classicalman(m): 5:58am On Jun 10, 2021
post=102564465:
All sponsors and perpetrators of evil this evil herdsmen and othe violent crimes in this country.

May the people that support and sponsor them all die painfully, and may they suffer so much pains as long as they live on earth before dying in shame.

God save Nigerians
zombie

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Attacks: Nigeria Will Face Food Crisis Next Year – Senator Utazi by Orubebe01: 5:59am On Jun 10, 2021
We are already facing the food crisis

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Attacks: Nigeria Will Face Food Crisis Next Year – Senator Utazi by UstazAhmed(m): 6:00am On Jun 10, 2021
You southerners are lazy and can't farm. We won't feed you guys anymore
Re: Herdsmen Attacks: Nigeria Will Face Food Crisis Next Year – Senator Utazi by Triangles1(m): 6:00am On Jun 10, 2021
With the poor government we survived covid-19 I don't think there's any hardship that will kill Nigeria again but this will only increase G sense.

If you know you know, shikena.

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Attacks: Nigeria Will Face Food Crisis Next Year – Senator Utazi by Chizillar1(m): 6:00am On Jun 10, 2021
Food is key to development

Production manual for Chemical based Products like never before covering Cosmetics, Adhesives, Beverages and Food, Disinfectant, Industrial chemicals, Lubricants, Paints,Printing Inks, Stain Removers, Soaps and detergents, wood finishes etc and over 100 product formulations, processing method & Usage, Equipment & tools, quality parameter, sources of raw material, useful tips and all relevant Information.
Re: Herdsmen Attacks: Nigeria Will Face Food Crisis Next Year – Senator Utazi by Gkay1(m): 6:00am On Jun 10, 2021
U mean next year will worst than this year ?

No problem, let wait and see.
Re: Herdsmen Attacks: Nigeria Will Face Food Crisis Next Year – Senator Utazi by Orubebe01: 6:02am On Jun 10, 2021
UstazAhmed:
You southerners are lazy and can't farm. We won't feed you guys anymore
Bandits. Are your Fulani marauders not the one destroying farms in the south

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Attacks: Nigeria Will Face Food Crisis Next Year – Senator Utazi by realstars: 6:02am On Jun 10, 2021
We Have 2 types of farming, but one does not want the other to survive, because they are paraside. killers, and terorrist.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Attacks: Nigeria Will Face Food Crisis Next Year – Senator Utazi by CR777: 6:07am On Jun 10, 2021
Bbb
Re: Herdsmen Attacks: Nigeria Will Face Food Crisis Next Year – Senator Utazi by CR777: 6:07am On Jun 10, 2021
post=102564465:

God save Nigerians

I swear I've never seen a daft entity like you before. It's funny how Seun and other mods here allow you keep displaying your ignorance and zombism just cos of the useless 30k u do get paid, just 30k to defend stupidity, cluelessness and uselessness while inheriting curses from Nigerians? why are you this cheap?

You even have another account called nlpolicewomen used for calling on mods whenever a sensible person talks some senses into that your annoyingly daft brain and I keep wondering why these mods keeps running to the aid of someone like you who has shown severally that he didn't complete his breast milk during infancy.

I don't know if you worship God or Allah, but whatever you worship should run ur life the way ur useless darling president is running this country, amen.

We are talking about food crises which is likely to happen next year as a result of the evil-personified fulani activities against farmers and you are here talking about what Ngozi Okonji said 7 years ago, keep blaming pdp for ur woes even after taking power from them 6 years ago.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Attacks: Nigeria Will Face Food Crisis Next Year – Senator Utazi by sslcrypt: 6:08am On Jun 10, 2021
Kandeed:

Lived longer for what really? sit n do nothing but watch Nigeria get destroyed?? and if you really think Endsars achieved nothing then Man I certify ur really blind and don't even know nothing, well for ur information SARS ended and there's now No or scarce report of police intimidating, killing and arresting Youths just anyhow for looking good if ur too dumb to notice.

Ur likes Just annoy me cuz Nothing is working in this bleeping country, Nothing. people keeps dying every bleeping day in hundreds and nothing is being done, no jobs, the people wanna manage but food prices triples each passing day, farmers can't even go to farm without getting hacked, people who can't boast of 100k are being forced by herdsmen to cough at 10m by any means possible where would they see it from? There's crime on the increase cuz people don't know what else to do and a Coward like you is telling Nigerians to sit at home so we'll live? Live for what in this country if I should ask you? dumbo if ur a coward and feel help would come from the sky to change Nigeria to ur dreams then stay tf off with that filthy mentality and stop telling us the level of ur Cowardice. The fact that you can't beat ur chest and say I'll travel thr Ogun state or any part of Nigeria and return safe is rather funny and maybe stupid. yet you wanna sit at home see ur future destroyed without doing nothing. and then they threaten to shoot you if you come out to protest whilst they're killing you slowly yet ur here telling me rubbish. well the only thing I've got for ur likes is Pity. If I get shot and killed June 12 I'll die doing the right thing rather falling cheaply thr the bullets of Fulanis or thr Hunger or Depression feel help would come from the sky to change Nigeria to ur

You made very valid points but I understand your level of anger, thus the pockets of insults which can be controlled.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Attacks: Nigeria Will Face Food Crisis Next Year – Senator Utazi by Mindlog: 6:11am On Jun 10, 2021
Buhari is not bothered.
Re: Herdsmen Attacks: Nigeria Will Face Food Crisis Next Year – Senator Utazi by Mikelarteta(m): 6:12am On Jun 10, 2021
A
Re: Herdsmen Attacks: Nigeria Will Face Food Crisis Next Year – Senator Utazi by charlesedu777: 6:18am On Jun 10, 2021
nairavsdollars:
No matter what happens, Lagosians cannot lack food
The cost of food in Lagos is the highest in Nigeria.
When you will buy a cup of garri for #500 you will know soon.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

40 Die In Rumuolumeni River Boat Mishap In Rivers State / Power Failure: Nigeria’s Crude Prices May Crash Further This Week / Heavy Gunfire Reported In Yobe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.