Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' (26939 Views)

Anti-Open Grazing: We Are Prepared To Protect Our People At Any Cost - Akeredolu / We Are Committed To One United Nigeria – South-East Governors / One United Africa 1000 Man March: Jonathan, Anyaoku, Ooni Of Ife, Soyinka Join (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by tete7000(m): 8:28am On Jun 10, 2021
These are shameless men who never think of how much of the problem they created.
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by Nobody: 8:28am On Jun 10, 2021
The only solution to Nigeria's problem for Nigeria to break up into 3 to 6 different nations
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by Daprinxy(m): 8:30am On Jun 10, 2021
Rugaria:

Little weak republics with zero guarantee of prosperity like Singapore, Qatar, Norway, Denmark and Sweden? These countries standards of living are a thousand times bigger than that of Nigerias and yet their population can all fit into Western Nigeria if combined! Sometimes, you may need to tone down on your fake patriotism on this board, especially on Thursday mornings...
How you guys do reply some of these silly disgusted apes,still remains a mystery to me because I couldn't imagine myself,commenting or even exchanging words with them...you hate a region with a passion and always claims what you don't know or have and when the said region requested to go their separate ways,you still come in here,talking nonsensical giberishes all over the forum,spitting like a mad sex staved dog on why they wouldn't go,on why they will remain one and you think that you're normal huh?...I will be the last person to stoop too low to engage them because they make me sick,they make me wanna throw up and i also do ask myself,if these people are human beings at all or just a robot because even animals reasons far too way beyond their warp,wack wicked and stupid reasoning...kudos to some of you that still have strength to be exchanging words with some demented,gullible,most foolish,archaically deprived morons and satanical demonic unconsciousness tauts here.gracias!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by UchenduOkolie: 8:30am On Jun 10, 2021
Temidayo9:
I disagree with you sir on the issue surrounding already disintegrated Nations that are not doing better, currently, Nigeria happen to be the only country in the world that is being govern with lies from its leaders just like what you posted above,
Nigeria is not 1, and we can never be , this is the hard truth we need to say to ourself.
And more also, South Sudan is far more better than Nigeria of today.

Nigerians sha! Everybody has an opinion even when some of the opinions make them confirmed as not knowing what they’re talking about.

If you really know South Sudan, you wouldn’t have displayed so much ignorance.

One, even after separating from the old Sudan, they have been in a state of near-permanent conflict and even doing warfare against themselves in the new country.

Two, they depend almost 90% on international Aid to find their budget and feed their nation.

They a re landlocked country and life has been tough.

The problem was Omar Al-Bashir. If only they’d endured and waited till that dictator got kicked out.

South Sudan is one of the most unviable nations on earth. Only God’s mercies can help them.

Please think about exposing ignorance always before typing.

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by selemempe: 8:32am On Jun 10, 2021
Rugaria:
Funny man! Every single political problem we have in this country today has your imprints on it. This country would have been better if you were not born... 1966, after the coup, Nzeogwu sent you to Lagos to negotiate with Ironsi, you went there and feathered your own nest, inviting Nzeogwu over for a peace deal with Ironsi. Dude was arrested at the airport on arrival. 1975, you knew how blood thirsty Murtala Mohammed was but still organized a coup with him because those of you in the Army that saw yourselves as "the field commanders" during the war, wanted to take charge from your Ogas! Murtala came in and destroyed the Civil Service with his ubiquitous "fight against corruption", then started the mindless desecration of the country with whimsical state creations done without recourse to either ethnic or cultural affinities amongst constituent units. Nigeria has never recovered from this!

You then took over in 1976 and started off by basically eliminating most middle belt officers with trumped up charges! Backdating decrees and summarily executing convicts tried by prejudiced tribunals. That's how the army was handed over to the fulanis. You sealed that off by forcing half baked Shagari on us as the president just to thank the far north for making you president! They will make you a president again in 1999 since you are the only one they can trust with power in the whole of Western Nigeria and again, you handed power back to another fuulani as if they are the only ethnic group in Northern Nigeria! Again, you will resurrect Buhari from the dead and foist him on Nigeria, yet again as the president! That's 3 fulanis you made presidents in one lifetime! You can see how your fulani experiment is working out in paces like Agatu, Iganga and Benin Republic IDP camps! In between all these, you became one of the richest people on earth! Killed thousands in Odi and levelled Zaki Biam! How can such a character be allowed to pontificate on Nigerias problems?
nothing to add

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by Antoeni(m): 8:33am On Jun 10, 2021
Agbaya
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by Mitsurugi(m): 8:33am On Jun 10, 2021
Rissimenky:
OBASANJO SAID:

Exact same thing I've been saying on this forum for months. You break up Nigeria, you diminish yourselves into little weak republics like Sierra Leone, with zero guarantee of prosperity.

Yeah... this is you speaking as who exactly? undecided
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by iampeterben(m): 8:34am On Jun 10, 2021
Even me...
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by Rugaria: 8:37am On Jun 10, 2021
Daprinxy:
How you guys do reply some of these silly disgusted apes,still remains a mystery to me because I couldn't imagine myself,commenting or even exchanging words with them...you hate a region with a passion and always claims what you don't know or have and when the said region requested to go their separate ways,you still come in here,talking nonsensical giberishes all over the forum,spitting like a mad sex staved dog on why they wouldn't go,on why they will remain one and you think that you're normal huh?...I will be the last person to stoop too low to engage them because they make me sick,they make me wanna throw up and i also do ask myself,if these people are human beings at all or just a robot because even animals reasons far too way beyond their warp,wack wicked and stupid reasoning...kudos to some of you that still have strength to be exchanging words with some demented,gullible,most foolish,archaically deprived morons and satanical demonic unconsciousness tauts here.gracias!!!!

I understand where you are coming from..
Sometimes you just have to close your nose and do so because of foreigners reading and because of lots of simple minded reading. They're desperately trying to rewrite history before our faces and one just have to put out the facts. It's irritating most times but one just have to do so..

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by Ekpeitit(m): 8:37am On Jun 10, 2021
NewFolm4:
"I am a strong believer of one Nigeria, but not one Nigeria at any cost, but one Nigeria where every Nigerian can feel proud that he or she has a stake in this country."

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/466801-one-united-nigeria-should-not-be-at-any-cost-obasanjo.html
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by houseontherock: 8:41am On Jun 10, 2021
What can we do when we have a president who is not willing to make one Nigeria work?
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by Nobody: 8:46am On Jun 10, 2021
The solution to a one Nigeria that will work is to wipe out the old sytem and its proponents including all old former politicians who has ever held any key role plus their entire cabal, all their protege and anyone who sympathises with them, flush them all through the Atlantic. Then start afresh. With younger more updated humans. Else we will keep struggling forever
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by membranus: 8:46am On Jun 10, 2021
nifelines:
Baba iyabo don talk

Baba Iyabo don yarn nonsense as usual.

Neither here, nor there.
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by Analyst7: 8:47am On Jun 10, 2021
This man is a big fool, one of the problem of Nigeria since then, wasn’t he the same person painting buhari good then, what’s the probability he isn’t saying trash right now then change mouth when he sees his point is not working again....and who will suffer the loss? The people not u...

To hell with this old simp
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by olowo1930: 8:49am On Jun 10, 2021
Sir Obasanjo, we were never united before but United by Force. You can't tell the whole Nigeria with different religion, culture, life style and language that if we break their won't be any recognition. When you have done your own part ,that you forget to improve south west. Any improvement since Democracy came.to being from 1999 till now, killing everywhere. Education backward, Electricity Failure, employment zero,pump price increase and we are now buying every commodity produce in nigeria with Dollar, road the worst, value for life is dead, when we break, people will know where they belong they peace will now reign. You brought primary six to rule over PHD. So I don't support your move
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by SeriouslySense(m): 8:51am On Jun 10, 2021
This are gradual truths, that should be admitted, its helps to change the poor orientation that most brainwashed people have, that it is a do and die affair, because of crude oil.

But yet some remain stubborn there is more to it than crude oil.

Temidayo9:
I disagree with you sir on the issue surrounding already disintegrated Nations that are not doing better, currently, Nigeria happen to be the only country in the world that is being govern with lies from its leaders just like what you posted above,
Nigeria is not 1, and we can never be , this is the hard truth we need to say to ourself.
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by olowo1930: 8:52am On Jun 10, 2021
[quote author=Ekpeitit post=102568361][/quote]where when snake is swallowing millions of Naira and the whole world known as a chief in corruption and no man is recognized.
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by Daniel207(m): 8:52am On Jun 10, 2021
This old man need treatment. Old fool
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by Ecstacys(m): 8:52am On Jun 10, 2021
Rugaria:
Funny man! Every single political problem we have in this country today has your imprints on it. This country would have been better if you were not born... 1966, after the coup, Nzeogwu sent you to Lagos to negotiate with Ironsi, you went there and feathered your own nest, inviting Nzeogwu over for a peace deal with Ironsi. Dude was arrested at the airport on arrival. 1975, you knew how blood thirsty Murtala Mohammed was but still organized a coup with him because those of you in the Army that saw yourselves as "the field commanders" during the war, wanted to take charge from your Ogas! Murtala came in and destroyed the Civil Service with his ubiquitous "fight against corruption", then started the mindless desecration of the country with whimsical state creations done without recourse to either ethnic or cultural affinities amongst constituent units. Nigeria has never recovered from this!

You then took over in 1976 and started off by basically eliminating most middle belt officers with trumped up charges! Backdating decrees and summarily executing convicts tried by prejudiced tribunals. That's how the army was handed over to the fulanis. You sealed that off by forcing half baked Shagari on us as the president just to thank the far north for making you president! They will make you a president again in 1999 since you are the only one they can trust with power in the whole of Western Nigeria and again, you handed power back to another fuulani as if they are the only ethnic group in Northern Nigeria! Again, you will resurrect Buhari from the dead and foist him on Nigeria, yet again as the president! That's 3 fulanis you made presidents in one lifetime! You can see how your fulani experiment is working out in paces like Agatu, Iganga and Benin Republic IDP camps! In between all these, you became one of the richest people on earth! Killed thousands in Odi and levelled Zaki Biam! How can such a character be allowed to pontificate on Nigerias problems?
this man is the root of our problems ' Demonic' he just don't want to die

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by pacespot(m): 8:52am On Jun 10, 2021
Rugaria:

Little weak republics with zero guarantee of prosperity like Singapore, Qatar, Norway, Denmark and Sweden? These countries standards of living are a thousand times bigger than that of Nigerias and yet their population can all fit into Western Nigeria if combined! Sometimes, you may need to tone down on your fake patriotism on this board, especially on Thursday mornings...

If the paradise your Biafra agitators promise you is real, you should have seen the sign beckoning on your hope right now, how is the South East region faring in terms of development compared to the rest of the country? Those countries you mentioned have picked up their development long before their separations from parent countries. But one thing you myopic biafrans failed to understand is that those smaller countries cannot fully stand on their own despite being well developed, Singapore for instance imports almost all its foods from Malaysia and the rest of Asia because agriculture is zero in the country. Sweden, Norway, Denmark are still under the umbrella of European Union. We saw what happened recently with Qatar when Saudi Arabia mounted serious economic blockade against the small nation and was able to rally other Arabs countries in the middle east behind it, except Iran. What happened? Qatar had to submit to the Saudi's demands to maintain some censorship in aljazera over some polical issues. What you people, biafrans especially, don't realize is that, you are not fully an independent nation if you are not able to produce most of the essential goods you need. Economic or trade war is a real threat to smaller countries. Nigeria is more self sufficient as a united country than being divided into separate nations like biafra, oduduwa or arewa. Why do you think the West are keen on breaking up China into Hong Kong, Taiwan, Uirguh, etc, because they know the smaller a country is the weaker they are?

Don't just let sentiments override your thinking on the current Nigerian situation, the North are still very useful in their agricultural contribution to the country. We just need to address what is causing the conflict between the farmers and the herders, then restructure the country into a true federal state. Nigeria should be thinking of expanding itself, not dividing within.
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by einsteine(m): 8:57am On Jun 10, 2021
Temidayo9:

South Sudan is not better than Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by skywalker240(m): 8:58am On Jun 10, 2021
JesseJo:

You lack quality reasonability...

Is South Sudan better now as a nation compared to when it was part of Sudan?.
That should be the question, not some senseless comparison you are attempting .
What are natural resources of southern Sudan, what do they bring to improve the GDP? are the people industrious and resourceful?

Even if southern Sudan don't fair smoothly, (which i doubt) doesn't mean Oduduwa or Biafra or any region won't work.

Take it or leave, a large and populated Nation with multiple and diverse ethnicity would never speak or follow one goal.

We're only just deceiving ourselves in one Nigeria
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by SeriouslySense(m): 8:59am On Jun 10, 2021
Anyone, who insults OBJ.

Is most Likely paid or most likely a youth paid to spread mis-information, since they want the people to see what they want them to see.

If the people are wise they will have an independent mind and not rely on other people's forceful opinions.

How do you know when someone has a forceful opinion or is trying to brain wash anyone, is when that person, adds insults to his opinion, or seems threatening, don't be a coward, have an independent mind, reason for yourselves, and search for alternative views could be other sources. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

OBJ is right, it is not by all means, that we have to stay togther, because that is what Unity beggars do, because they don't like you, they want to take everything from you.
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by Ekpeitit(m): 9:00am On Jun 10, 2021
I agree with Obasanjo but I don't think there will ever be peace in Nigeria as long as the Igbos are part of Nigeria. I believe that the Igbos should be allowed to have their own country and Nigeria should build a big wall around the border with all Igbo tribes especially around the Niger Delta so they don't get into Niger Delta. How they survive in that enclave will be their problem not Nigeria's problem. I'm sick of Igbos always talking about war and Biafra when they know that they can't survive on their own for 1 month.
Please give Igbos Biafra.
For the young Igbos who are uneducated and have no idea about history, I'll like to remind you that Biafra surrendered to the Nigerian army because Nigerian army was able to shut all Biafran avenue to the outside world which include seaway through Warri,present day Rivers and Bayelsa, present day Akwa Ibom and present day Cross River,as a result of this over 2 million Biafrans died of hunger and starvation,this is the reason they're fighting tooth and nail to include Niger Delta in Biafra. Unfortunately for the Igbos the Niger Delta people are not interested in any alliance with them because we have learnt a big lesson from sharing the defunct Eastern Nigeria with the Igbos and also we suffered so much during the civil war.
Even if Nigeria breaks up,we will build a wall around the Niger Delta to keep the Igos from mass migration into our territory.
How the Igbos will survive in Biafra is their problem.
A group of people who have no means whatsoever of surviving on their own but always talking about war and secession are only making are only making fun of themselves.
Even a child knows that Igbos cannot survive on their own.
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by Shattuck(m): 9:01am On Jun 10, 2021
Rissimenky:
OBASANJO SAID:

Exact same thing I've been saying on this forum for months. You break up Nigeria, you diminish yourselves into little weak republics like Sierra Leone, with zero guarantee of prosperity.
What are your dreams for Nigeria to be large by population or to be prosperous and functional, because your reason for Nigeria to stick to is one of the most insensitive, Canada, Singapore, Monaco, Australia, the uae aren't large countries, but every Nigerian would prefer to those nations to this, what makes a republic strong isn't the population isreal is a small nation, yet you can't even compare Nigeria to it. If you are pro one Nigeria at least justify your stance with a sensible point.

Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by GeneralPula: 9:04am On Jun 10, 2021
[s]
nzeobi:
We are not one but only living together as one. Personally I don't know why Nigerians interprete call for secession as call for war.

I disagree with you sir on countries that disintegrated, south Sudan has challenges which was expected as a new nation cos the old Sudan is funding insurrection and they're now getting things right. In the next 20-50 years we will see how far with them
Singapore also seceeded from Malaysia and is doing well.
Cambodia also seceeded from Vietnam and is not doing badly.
Panama leaving Colombia
Uruguay leaving Brazil
Eritrea leaving Ethiopia
Any country that can't guarantee the security and welfare of its citizens has no reason to exist.

Nigeria is a country with various and diverse interests, while some are interested in advancement in research,science and technology others are more interested in advancement in religion and pleasing God.

Personally as somebody from the south East,I want a country that works be it Nigeria, Biafra or even having a foreign country to come and colonise us.

Things must work for the citizens to be happy
[/s]
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by GeneralPula: 9:07am On Jun 10, 2021
[s]
Rugaria:

[/s]
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by Rugaria: 9:09am On Jun 10, 2021
pacespot:

If the paradise your Biafra agitators promise you is real, you should have seen the sign beckoning on your hope right now, how is the South East region faring in terms of development compared to the rest of the country? Those countries you mentioned have picked up their development long before their separations from parent countries. But one thing you myopic biafrans failed to understand is that those smaller countries cannot fully stand on their own despite being well developed, Singapore for instance imports almost all its foods from Malaysia and the rest of Asia because agriculture is zero in the country. Sweden, Norway, Denmark are still under the umbrella of European Union. We saw what happened recently with Qatar when Saudi Arabia mounted serious economic blockade against the small nation and was able to rally other Arabs countries in the middle east behind it, except Iran. What happened? Qatar had to submit to the Saudi's demands to maintain some censorship in aljazera over some polical issues. What you people, biafrans especially, don't realize is that, you are not fully an independent nation if you are not able to produce most of the essential goods you need. Economic or trade war is a real threat to smaller countries. Nigeria is more self sufficient as a united country than being divided into separate nations like biafra, oduduwa or arewa. Why do you think the West are keen on breaking up China into Hong Kong, Taiwan, Uirguh, etc, because they know the smaller a country is the weaker they are?

Don't just let sentiments override your thinking on the current Nigerian situation, the North are still very useful in their agricultural contribution to the country. We just need to address what is causing the conflict between the farmers and the herders, then restructure the country into a true federal state. Nigeria should be thinking of expanding itself, not dividing within.

We have given Nigeria our best try, it didn't work out for us so we want out! Period! It's that simple really..
There's nothing we get from the rest of the country that we can't get from the rest of Africa. I want to buy my beef from Cameroon, Burkina Faso and CAR! If the fulanis can treat folks from Niger and Chad as closer brothers to them than me from the same country like them, I can as well treat those from Tanzania and Gabon as my brothers too more than the fulanis! Very simple! Don't preach to me, I'm not Nigerias problem..., preach to Buhari who's busy tearing the country apart with his unbelievable tribalism! Peaceful and united Nigeria shouldn't always be a shrine where igbo heads and igbo bloods are used for sacrifice! Talk to Buhari and get him to stop his sectionalism and parochialism..

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by Rugaria: 9:09am On Jun 10, 2021
GeneralPula:
[s][/s]
E pain am..
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by 2Lynx(m): 9:11am On Jun 10, 2021
I think, even if we don't want to disintegrate, a review of the constitution that grants each region autonomous power to control it's own affairs, should be in place, while the federal government controls only the local currency, military and foreign affairs matters, that is each region becomes sovereign while the federal government becomes the suzerain head, though each region will get to remit some percentage to the federal government on a monthly or annual basis. And most of all we need someone that can hold an intellectual conversion for long.
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by Rugaria: 9:12am On Jun 10, 2021
Ekpeitit:
I agree with Obasanjo but I don't think there will ever be peace in Nigeria as long as the Igbos are part of Nigeria. I believe that the Igbos should be allowed to have their own country and Nigeria should build a big wall around the border with all Igbo tribes especially around the Niger Delta so they don't get into Niger Delta. How they survive in that enclave will be their problem not Nigeria's problem. I'm sick of Igbos always talking about war and Biafra when they know that they can't survive on their own for 1 month.
Please give Igbos Biafra.
For the young Igbos who are uneducated and have no idea about history, I'll like to remind you that Biafra surrendered to the Nigerian army because Nigerian army was able to shut all Biafran avenue to the outside world which include seaway through Warri,present day Rivers and Bayelsa, present day Akwa Ibom and present day Cross River,as a result of this over 2 million Biafrans died of hunger and starvation,this is the reason they're fighting tooth and nail to include Niger Delta in Biafra. Unfortunately for the Igbos the Niger Delta people are not interested in any alliance with them because we have learnt a big lesson from sharing the defunct Eastern Nigeria with the Igbos and also we suffered so much during the civil war.
Even if Nigeria breaks up,we will build a wall around the Niger Delta to keep the Igos from mass migration into our territory.
How the Igbos will survive in Biafra is their problem.
A group of people who have no means whatsoever of surviving on their own but always talking about war and secession are only making are only making fun of themselves.
Even a child knows that Igbos cannot survive on their own.

The "we the Niger Delta" crew on the beat again..
Dude might be posting from igangan, Ibarappa or Benin Republic IDP camps...
But his biggest worries are how to build the greatest walls to fence off Biafra!
Genocidal rat..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wike Tells Peter Obi: Those Fighting You Are Envying You (Video) / Is This Picture True Or Photoshopped? Nigerian Leader Sleeping At A Meeting. / EFCC Detains NNPC Officials In Prison Over Fuel Diversion (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.