Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,858 members, 7,806,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

BREAKING: Why I Appointed Yahaya COAS, By Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Why I Appointed Yahaya COAS, By Buhari (217 Views)

Akpabio: I Appointed Antai Into NDDC Board Because Antai Doesn't Eat Alone. / Buhari: Why I Appointed Farouk Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff / "Coward, I Appointed You" - Uwazuruike Blasts Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Why I Appointed Yahaya COAS, By Buhari by Akell(m): 11:18am On Jun 10, 2021
President Muhammadu Buhari has explained why he appointed Major-General Farouk Yahaya as the Chief of Army Staff.

The Nation reports Yahaya replaced Lt General Ibrahim Attahiru, who died in a plane crash with ten other military personnel while on an official trip to Kaduna State.

Until his appointment, the new army chief was the Theatre Commander of Operation Hadin Kai, the counter-insurgency operation in the North-east.

Buhari, during an interview on Arise TV on Thursday monitored by The Nation, explained Yahaya was appointed as the Chief of army staff ahead of other superiors because of his experience fighting Boko Haram in the North-east.

The appointment of Yahaya had created controversy and speculations that there is going to be a mass retirement of some generals in the Nigerian Army but the Defence Headquarters refuted the reports.

Buhari further explained the choice of Yahaya was because he had the support and understanding of the troops.
Re: BREAKING: Why I Appointed Yahaya COAS, By Buhari by Ever8090: 11:23am On Jun 10, 2021
Was he born with the experience or he acquired it while on his duty?.. I believe there are hundreds of Christian soldiers fighting boko haram in the north east and you could have chosen out if them. In othe words, Christian soldiers are goo to be foot soldiers fighting an Islamic created theorists while Muslim soldiers lead from their office sabotaging the process
Re: BREAKING: Why I Appointed Yahaya COAS, By Buhari by fuckingAyaya(m): 11:25am On Jun 10, 2021
Youths behave yourselves if you need jobs

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Northern Hippocrates Madness To Madness / Buhari Want To Dialogue Because Of Traits To Gas Pipe Line / NUJ Disowns Okeoma, Punch Correspondent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.