Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,690,889 members, 6,339,723 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 June 2021 at 09:07 AM

Atheists Cannot Be Good Leaders - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Cannot Be Good Leaders (248 Views)

Good Followers Make Good Leaders / FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? / Why So Many Atheists On Nairaland Forum? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Cannot Be Good Leaders by advanceDNA: 9:39pm On Jun 10
kingxsamz:

Oh, is it blackmail if the Muslims are the majority and they choose leaders in this country based on their religious choices, and not what the candidate has to offer?
You don't even think far.

It’s their choice....election is about the voters...

While I want a competent president no matter his religious affiliation... if the Muslims or idol worshippers win... no wahala...
Re: Atheists Cannot Be Good Leaders by kingxsamz(m): 9:48pm On Jun 10
advanceDNA:

It’s their choice....election is about the voters...

While I want a competent president no matter his religious affiliation... if the Muslims or idol worshippers win... no wahala...

Yes, that's why we the sane ones are speaking out against it. You can be okay with it, that's your business.
Re: Atheists Cannot Be Good Leaders by kingxsamz(m): 9:50pm On Jun 10
advanceDNA:

Crying?? u sound like kid desperate to score cheap point....
we are only dialoging...we started from elections, u ended with insults...clearly..I’m not the petty one here...if there’s anyone about to cry..it’s you

The insult is in your bible which you're here defending. What did you expect, a pat on the back? You're funny. cheesy
Re: Atheists Cannot Be Good Leaders by advanceDNA: 9:56pm On Jun 10
kingxsamz:

Yes, that's why we the sane ones are speaking out against it. You can be okay with it, that's your business.

U can’t force ur opinion on people..why is this difficult for you to understand....??

SDP vs NRC..almost the entire country voted for abiola...we were multi religion and multi tribe then.. we still are now...
Same thing happened with Jonathan and buhari...U think Christians and atheist ddnt vote for buhari last time we wanted PDP out?

If Nigerian want to vote for a candidate they will vote...religion or no religion...

Stop all this ur blaming religion for every thing.. it doesn’t change anything... u sound like a broken record..
Re: Atheists Cannot Be Good Leaders by advanceDNA: 9:58pm On Jun 10
kingxsamz:

The insult is in your bible which you're here defending. What did you expect, a pat on the back? You're funny. cheesy

But wait iooo...is the Book and the God not fake..??
why the so called insult inside it paining u making u react ?
Re: Atheists Cannot Be Good Leaders by kingxsamz(m): 11:45pm On Jun 10
advanceDNA:

But wait iooo...is the Book and the God not fake..??
why the so called insult inside it paining u making u react ?

Religious text propose preaching to unbelievers and pray for them..how is that hatred..don’t u see preachers everywhere..

Mr man, no be you talk this one? cheesy
You tried to paint your religion good, and we came to show you how dirty it is, and you're here talking another thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists Cannot Be Good Leaders by kingxsamz(m): 11:55pm On Jun 10
advanceDNA:

U can’t force ur opinion on people..why is this difficult for you to understand....??

SDP vs NRC..almost the entire country voted for abiola...we were multi religion and multi tribe then.. we still are now...
Same thing happened with Jonathan and buhari...U think Christians and atheist ddnt vote for buhari last time we wanted PDP out?

If Nigerian want to vote for a candidate they will vote...religion or no religion...

Stop all this ur blaming religion for every thing.. it doesn’t change anything... u sound like a broken record..

Actually it'll change things, but you'll be the one here crying. I can see your fellow Christians disguising and trying to disassociate themselves from religion, talking about "Christianity is not a religion, it's a way of life". Clowns.
And nobody forced any opinion on you, abi dem tie you rope? So why the tears about being forced?
Weren't you the one who jumped into this thread? Dem drag you come here? grin
Since you're slow at comprehending, let me remind you again about what I said before.
Most Christians and Muslims wouldn't vote a candidate who's an atheist even if the person is qualified because they can't stand the fact that someone doesn't acknowledge their god. Read it again, till your head understands that.
And that's what the thread was all about. Maybe you should read to understand next time.
Re: Atheists Cannot Be Good Leaders by advanceDNA: 4:59am On Jun 11
kingxsamz:

Actually it'll change things, but you'll be the one here crying. I can see your fellow Christians disguising and trying to disassociate themselves from religion, talking about "Christianity is not a religion, it's a way of life". Clowns.
And nobody forced any opinion on you, abi dem tie you rope? So why the tears about being forced?
Weren't you the one who jumped into this thread? Dem drag you come here? grin
Since you're slow at comprehending, let me remind you again about what I said before.
Most Christians and Muslims wouldn't vote a candidate who's an atheist even if the person is qualified because they can't stand the fact that someone doesn't acknowledge their god. Read it again, till your head understands that.
And that's what the thread was all about. Maybe you should read to understand next time.

Christians voted for buhari regardless his religion...so your ur fallacy and insults means nothing
Re: Atheists Cannot Be Good Leaders by advanceDNA: 5:04am On Jun 11
kingxsamz:

Mr man, no be you talk this one? cheesy
You tried to paint your religion good, and we came to show you how dirty it is, and you're here talking another thing.

I was clear enough to the person who asked about the context but u all cared much about throwing insult to religion...that’s your MO...so I was only wondering why an the so called insult from a so called fake book pained u so much..
Re: Atheists Cannot Be Good Leaders by kingxsamz(m): 7:20am On Jun 11
advanceDNA:

I was clear enough to the person who asked about the context but u all cared much about throwing insult to religion...that’s your MO...so I was only wondering why an the so called insult from a so called fake book pained u so much..

And I was clear enough to you that your context was bullcrap.
And no, the insult in your yeye book doesn't move me. Na you carry your yansh come here dey hype your religion. I had to clear you. Context ko.
Re: Atheists Cannot Be Good Leaders by kingxsamz(m): 7:21am On Jun 11
advanceDNA:

Christians voted for buhari regardless his religion...so your ur fallacy and insults means nothing

That's why you're not bright since you don't read to understand but read to reply.
Or maybe you have partial sight.
Re: Atheists Cannot Be Good Leaders by advanceDNA: 7:33am On Jun 11
kingxsamz:

And I was clear enough to you that your context was bullcrap.
And no, the insult in your yeye book doesn't move me. Na you carry your yansh come here dey hype your religion. I had to clear you. Context ko.

Hype religion to you?? U must be mistaken and overhype ur self....u guys are clearly feeling insulted by the words of David in psalms 14... I only offered to explain the context to the person who asked....if she ddnt ask, I won’t tell her...

It’s like u think I’m trying to preach to you.??
I’m sure u and I know that’s like putting a diamond ring on a pig’s snout...there’s no point
Re: Atheists Cannot Be Good Leaders by advanceDNA: 7:44am On Jun 11
kingxsamz:

That's why you're not bright since you don't read to understand but read to reply.
Or maybe you have partial sight.

All I see is insults...what’s your point ??
Can u try to make a point?? Kingxsamz, are u an adult...cos I don’t get why almost 95% of ur words are insults. Is it becoz I believe in God or that’s just the way you are in real life...it doesnt make any sense

Perhaps u think ur insults gets to me...u should know that’s not possible...it’s a faceless forum...we don’t even know each other, why take everything personal and serious...
Re: Atheists Cannot Be Good Leaders by Born2Freak(f): 8:34am On Jun 11
advanceDNA:

Christians also voted for Osinbanjo.

Many Christians would pick a Muslim over an atheist.

Just imagine that.
Re: Atheists Cannot Be Good Leaders by advanceDNA: 8:42am On Jun 11
Born2Freak:

Christians also voted for Osinbanjo.

Just imagine that.

That's fallacy...which atheist was on the list of presidential aspirants that wanst voted for??...
three pastors were on that list in 2015... the remianing 2 ddnt get up to 20,000 votes.. if it was about pastors the remining 2 pastors will get enough vote....now . do u see ur fallacy.....

Again.. in 1999. pastor okotie was running against Obasanjo and the rest,,,, christains ddnt vote for the pastor ..they voted for a general who they thought had leadership qualities....again,,,can u see ur fallcy??

nigerians sometimes vote for party, somtimes they vote for people...and sometimes they follow media....

this time(2023)... u'll see anything but APC will win come 2023.. its not about religion as u erronously claim..... but its okay...i understand ur hatred for religion
Re: Atheists Cannot Be Good Leaders by kingxsamz(m): 10:50am On Jun 11
advanceDNA:

All I see is insults...what’s your point ??
Can u try to make a point?? Kingxsamz, are u an adult...cos I don’t get why almost 95% of ur words are insults. Is it becoz I believe in God or that’s just the way you are in real life...it doesnt make any sense

Perhaps u think ur insults gets to me...u should know that’s not possible...it’s a faceless forum...we don’t even know each other, why take everything personal and serious...

When you're ready to understand the point you'll go back and read.
Re: Atheists Cannot Be Good Leaders by kingxsamz(m): 10:57am On Jun 11
advanceDNA:

Hype religion to you?? U must be mistaken and overhype ur self....u guys are clearly feeling insulted by the words of David in psalms 14... I only offered to explain the context to the person who asked....if she ddnt ask, I won’t tell her...

It’s like u think I’m trying to preach to you.??
I’m sure u and I know that’s like putting a diamond ring on a pig’s snout...there’s no point

No one is feeling insulted oga.
You said Athesits are condescending and insult people's religion all the time, and then went on to portray your religion as if it's white as snow, then she pointed out the stains and gave you an example in your so called holy book, which you gave a feasible excuse talking about some context. Abeg.
Re: Atheists Cannot Be Good Leaders by kingxsamz(m): 11:02am On Jun 11
advanceDNA:

That's fallacy...which atheist was on the list of presidential aspirants that wanst voted for??...
three pastors were on that list in 2015... the remianing 2 ddnt get up to 20,000 votes.. if it was about pastors the remining 2 pastors will get enough vote....now . do u see ur fallacy.....

Again.. in 1999. pastor okotie was running against Obasanjo and the rest,,,, christains ddnt vote for the pastor ..they voted for a general who they thought had leadership qualities....again,,,can u see ur fallcy??

nigerians sometimes vote for party, somtimes they vote for people...and sometimes they follow media....

this time(2023)... u'll see anything but APC will win come 2023.. its not about religion as u erronously claim..... but its okay...i understand ur hatred for religion

That's why I said read to understand.
Even you admitted that they would. So I don't know what you're ranting about.
Most Christians will lose interest if the person is an atheist. That's the point. Any other thing is irrelevant.
Re: Atheists Cannot Be Good Leaders by advanceDNA: 11:54am On Jun 11
kingxsamz:

That's why I said read to understand.
Even you admitted that they would. So I don't know what you're ranting about.
Most Christians will lose interest if the person is an atheist. That's the point. Any other thing is irrelevant.

before u conclude... let the atheist come and contest
Re: Atheists Cannot Be Good Leaders by Born2Freak(f): 2:07pm On Jun 11
advanceDNA:

Okotie was never a real candidate. You are making a fallacious statement by even mentioning okoties presidential run.

That being said, we know that there are many issues when it comes to voting- tribe, religion, past comments, campaign promises etc.

The point remains that an atheist wouldn't have a chance against a Christian or a Muslim presidential candidate in Nigeria.

You have already proven my point by claiming that atheists hate religion, want to ban it and also are not good people
Re: Atheists Cannot Be Good Leaders by Image123(m): 12:12pm On Jun 12
kingxsamz:

When you're ready to understand the point you'll go back and read.

Lol @ ready to understand. Really? Have you started becoming ready to understand? If this is not hypocrisy, it should be answers to prayers.

(1) (2) (Reply)

James 3 On The Tongue And Divine Wisdom / Why Should We Forgive Others? / Sultanate Council Declares Sept. 24, Sallah Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.